• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Sonic, and Ganon.
Ganon isn't nearly as bad as Captain Falcon. Ganon actually has significant strengths. They're just massively outweighed by his weaknesses. Captain Falcon has little going for him and big weaknesses.

I'm going to assume Sonic was a joke.

Sonic is below average and Ganon is bad, but none of them are "Falcon bad." Truth be told, Samus and Mario should probably go under Falcon, but I'm not willing to explain that, so don't bother debating with me ^_~
Don't say it if you refuse to defend it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I strongly believe falcon is better than sonic, dead serious! And wtf? Mario should be at least mid tier, and now you think he is absolute ****? And samus? what?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Don't say it if you refuse to defend it.
Are you high!?
I strongly believe falcon is better than sonic, dead serious! And wtf? Mario should be at least mid tier, and now you think he is absolute ****? And samus? what?
I suppose I should take a crack at defending my statement, especially if it makes me look like I'm high.

Consider this: Mario is supposed to be your "average character" (And being average in any game is bad enough already) and yet he is sub-par in oh so many categories (He's decent I suppose at edgeguarding, but even then there's plenty of characters who can do it better. He can gimp you if you play stupidly.).

Mario seems to be shoddy at best at whatever he tries. He has poor recovery, poor range, he's just a poor character. At least Falcon has speed on his side, and Samus has a nice Zair and Meteor (Though she's still bad). I really don't see why you'd choose to use Mario when he seems to not have any standout moves or qualities.

Take that as you will, as it is (obviously) an opinion. Maybe he has something super awesome that I'm missing?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I suppose I should take a crack at defending my statement, especially if it makes me look like I'm high.

Consider this: Mario is supposed to be your "average character" (And being average in any game is bad enough already) and yet he is sub-par in oh so many categories (He's decent I suppose at edgeguarding, but even then there's plenty of characters who can do it better. He can gimp you if you play stupidly.).

Mario seems to be shoddy at best at whatever he tries. He has poor recovery, poor range, he's just a poor character. At least Falcon has speed on his side, and Samus has a nice Zair and Meteor (Though she's still bad). I really don't see why you'd choose to use Mario when he seems to not have any standout moves or qualities.

Take that as you will, as it is (obviously) an opinion. Maybe he has something super awesome that I'm missing?
Its just how people like brawling.

Alphicans

Smash Hero

Well you're missing that mario can actually combo.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I actually agree that Mario is in the higher part of the lower tier. He has no especially broken techniques and is lacking in a lot of areas.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
What's so bad about Sonic now?
I guarentee that someone will mention weight, even though that's bull****, priority, and range.
All of which are overstated and in some cases wrong :/
Just because you've never played a good one and/or suck with him doesn't make him awful.

And I can't see what's so great about Mario at all. Sure, he's got good edgeguarding skills (against most) and can combo at lower percents, but that's all really.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
well you see , still think that tier dosen't mean all , and I loves fighting games , and if had to complain about unbalance game and never play them well i should complain about countless games , but one of the most perfectly balanced game of all times remain Starcraft :p
Starcraft is not perfectly balanced.

It is very very well balanced but there are minute differences in overall power of the factions that changes from patch to patch.

Which is why they keep patching it.

EDIT: Oh and his dair is better.
Technically yes, but in overall performance it's a lot worse due to the lack of l-canceling and the enormous lag inherent in the move.

honestly how is captain falcon dead last?

idk I just dont get it.

great aerials (auto cancel able)
fast
good grab/to follow up (combos) game
good air control=good edge guarding

ok his smashes suck but fsmash isnt THAT bad its good some range and some punch to it

falcon isnt good by any means but DEAD LAST? I disagree.
Lack of hitstun DESTROYS his combo game, which his character is built off of. At high levels of play he becomes progressively worse due to this issue.

That and his lack of priority.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Lack of hitstun DESTROYS his combo game, which his character is built off of. At high levels of play he becomes progressively worse due to this issue.

That and his lack of priority.
AND the fact that he has absolutely no approach whatsoever. AND his biggest killing move has about a one pixel sweet spot now. AND his recovery is very sub-par. There are no half-measures in Falcon's sucktitude.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
What's so bad about Sonic now?
I guarentee that someone will mention weight, even though that's bull****, priority, and range.
All of which are overstated and in some cases wrong :/
Just because you've never played a good one and/or suck with him doesn't make him awful.
Sonic just suffers from being pretty under-rated. He's got good priority on some moves, he can compensate for the range (And his has his side and down b) and his weight is medium, I see nothing wrong with that. Weight is only really a disappointment when you're Jigglypuff or something.

He might not make it out of low tier (But I'm thinking that people will get good enough with him to make it so) but 5th from the bottom is an atrocity.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
AND the fact that he has absolutely no approach whatsoever. AND his biggest killing move has about a one pixel sweet spot now. AND his recovery is very sub-par. There are no half-measures in Falcon's sucktitude.
Well, he could be bait and punish without an approach, but really it's the priority and lack of hitstun that utterly destroys him. The other issues are just icing on the cake.

For that reason he's really not half bad at low levels of play, but as you progressively increase the skill level of the players involved, he gets progressively worse.

chetjan

Smash Cadet
The list makes sense, but I would prefer it to be divided into
God/Metaknight Tier:
High Tier:
Mid Tier:
Low Tier:
Bottom Tier:

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
yeah seriously they should put meta and snake in their own tier and sonic's spring + running speed should automatically make him better than mario *FLAMESHIELD* LOL but yeah its true mario does have very nice combo ability but still his recovery kinda sucks =/

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Best grab release in the game sir. Great up b out of shield too.
And besides that all he has is being powerful and heavy.

His power is near useless considering 90% of the cast has faster attacks than he does. Him being heavy is only a VERY small advantage considering his large size actually allows some characters to combo him into oblivion.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Sonic analysis lol

Sonic:
+ can attack/airdodge/fsj out of up-B
+ invincibility frames on side-B (hop) release
+ side-B, aerial down-B are cancellable into shield
+ Fast run (full length of FD in a little over 1 second?!) for baiting, punishing, and avoiding attacks.
+ Good grab game (pummels, 'chase' throws, etc)
+ Comboability out of spindash and/or springs.
+ One of the most versatile foxtrots in game
+ Can attain temporary 'run speed' in the air via spinshot.
- Kill moves have generally low knockback and speed
- Low aerial acceleration (doesn't change directions easily)
- Low range on many moves (N-air, Jab, F-air, Spindashes)
- Spindash can be outprioritized or grabbed out of, due to its low range.
- Homing Attack has punishable ending lag and an exploitable trajectory.
- If spaced incorrectly, it's possible to get grabbed out of spring.
- Most moves are multi-hit with low damages per hit (easy to outprioritize)

I bolded things that affect or are put into use in most Sonic mains' gameplay. I highlighted what are, IMO, the major affecting factors of Sonic's gameplay.

I then proceeded to strike out things that factor more into mindgames/player ability.

Don't get me wrong, Sonic has tools a good player can have a field day with, but the problem is that most of his 'objective' character traits... aren't good.

XD

BrawlerBoy987

Smash Rookie
DIDDY HIGH TIER!!!! FTW!!!!

this is a great day.

a great day indeed.

although I expected ATLEAST high tier for Diddy anyway.
but still.

WOOHOOO! :D

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
lol. Thx. I guess I'm not the only who thinks PT should be one character instead of three.
*Pats on back*
Every other page some random person decides to stop lurking and make their first post "Oh my god why are Zelda and Sheik seperate and PT is one character????" I'm just very happy you aren't one of those people. :)

The informed consensus agrees with you, good sir.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
They have to be lumped in as one character cause of the stamina thing and when one of them dies, you don't control who you become. Though I do like to get my ivysaur on every once in a while lol
That's why I think everyone should main all 3 Pokemon instead of just one. I don't like it when people think PT is like Zelda/Sheik and just main 1 Pokemon. A PT main should main all 3 Pokemon. I have a bad feeling that people are separated all 3 Pokemon as individuals. I don't like that people are trying to go to that direction.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
Every other page some random person decides to stop lurking and make their first post "Oh my god why are Zelda and Sheik seperate and PT is one character????" I'm just very happy you aren't one of those people. :)

The informed consensus agrees with you, good sir.
I couldn't agree more, my friend. I couldn't agree more.
It's very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom