• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
about a little change of pace.

KIDs low tier list (based on matchups with the entire cast, not just low tiers.)

Ike
Sheik
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Ness
Yoshi
Mario

Bottom tier

Samus
Lucas
Link
Ganon
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
YES! Finally some PT lovin'

I don't see Sonic.

You don't think Sonic is mid tier, do you?
lolol

of course he does.

:laugh:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i sorry, maybe if sonic hadnt been upper middle tier for the vast majority of the tourney threads existence, i wouldnt have grounds to think CRAZY things like sonic being middle tier. and notice i said that i only think hes marginally better than Ike.

and besides that, the only real problems i have with the tier list right now is that the way it should be is that peach is high tier, diddy is top tier, olimar is at least high tier, and marth is better than ROB, and ZSS should be 3-4 spots higher. other than that, and low tier, the list isnt all that bad

POKE40

Smash Lord
why is it that zelda characters always start near the bottom when a new tier list came out?
Also why is it that the top tier character in all smash games was a original starter character
lol. so many questions...

hurrah for D3! CF will rise!

D

Deleted member

Kid i strongly disagree that fox is low tier. I would go so far to say middle of mid, but i dont want to get into an argument about that again, just my opinion. Shiek should be mid due to countering some of the best characters, and yoshi is better than ike =)

Ike is garbage i said it

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Kid i strongly disagree that fox is low tier. I would go so far to say middle of mid, but i dont want to get into an argument about that again, just my opinion. Shiek should be mid due to countering some of the best characters, and yoshi is better than ike =)

Ike is garbage i said it
What does Fox warrant to be middle tier?
I strongly disagree that he's anywhere but low tier or bottom of mid.

Ike is not garbage.

kr3wman

Smash Master
What does Fox warrant to be low tier?
I strongly disagree that he's anywhere but mid tier.

Ike is close to garbage.

D

Deleted member

What does Fox warrant to be middle tier?
I strongly disagree that he's anywhere but low tier or bottom of mid.

Ike is not garbage.
Fox has a good projectile(yes its good, good foxes can kinda run shdl, then when you get close either do it again or actually fight), he punishes like a mother, kills well and leads into kill moves, and has solid matchups except for his counters. Hed be really good with a secondary.

Ike is very garbage, we had some of the best ikes down here and most dont play ike anymore cuz hes so bad XD /Anecdote

Naww hes actually good, i just think he is over rated and ness and mario are better.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
What does Fox warrant to be low tier?
I strongly disagree that he's anywhere but mid tier.

Ike is close to garbage.
Fox has horrible matchups, and he doesn't come close to most of the mid tier fighters.

Fox Ike being worse than Mario and Ness is debatable since anyone in low tier is lumped together it doesn't matter who's better in the end.

Fox counter's Snake though.
LMAO why am I being mean?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Fox has horrible matchups, and he doesn't come close to most of the mid tier fighters.
But he does counter Snake.

LMAO why am I being mean?
LMAO why are you being stupid?

Horrible matchup against MK? 80% of the cast has one.

Horrible matchup against Pikachu, Sheik and ZSS? Those three are the most popular characters, IIRC.

Wait.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I know why. Do grab releasers at least feed you? (Ok now I'm being mean :()

Meh, just make fun of our D Smash or something

Fox...eh, can't Pikachu CG him to aound 100%?

Ike...Excuse my ignorance but apart from his Jab and Fair...what else does he have that stands out apart from very good killing power?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
LMAO why are you being stupid?

Horrible matchup against Pikachu, Sheik and ZSS? Those three are the most popular characters, IIRC.

Wait.
80% of the cast having horrible matchups against MK? Why are YOU being stupid? That would essentially warrant a ban against MK. It's far from horrible seeing as he has a few neutrals.

Fox vs Pika is a horrible matchup, don't even compare it to Sheik and ZSS.

I know why. Do grab releasers at least feed you?
Feed me death. Why make fun of Peach's dsmash?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hmm...hope that tastes good

I said Peach's D Smash it's because it's the main thing people make fun of when looking back at Melee Peach. I think that's what they make fun of anyway. I'm not sure, I'm too busy repeatedly kicking them in the face with stiletto's whilst in the air to truly decipher what they're mumbling through all the screams and wtf's when they realise I've just scored about 50% on them in a matter of seconds

D:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
My guess would be:

Top Tier
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Snake
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch

High Tier
R.O.B.
Marth
Wario
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Kirby

Mid Tier
Zero Suit Samus
Pikachu
Wolf
Peach
Toon Link
Pit
Olimar
Luigi
Fox
Zelda
Ike
Sheik

Low Tier
Mario
Sonic
Lucas
Yoshi
Samus
Ness

Bottom Tier
Pokémon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Not what I would like, but that's probably what's gonna happen.
Lol at you forgetting Bowser. I don't blame you, most people don't know Bowser exsists O_o.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
New Tier list tomorrow!

I'm so happy we can get rid of this crappy one.

The one above me is bad. Marth is better than ROB.

ROB will be mid/bottom of high, he's going down a lot, his tourney placings are sucking really hard.

CO18

Smash Hero
Fox is AMAZING. Just play Samboner. I seriously think he has some of the most potential in this game.
The Japanese know whatsup, thats why hes like top of high tier or some **** on their tier list. :)
Hes nowhere close to low tier imo, sam makes him seem broken for the most part LOL

Also where is everyone getting a new tier list is coming out tomorrow?>

I havent been paying much attention

PKNintendo

Smash Master
New Tier list tomorrow!

I'm so happy we can get rid of this crappy one.

The one above me is bad. Marth is better than ROB.

ROB will be mid/bottom of high, he's going down a lot, his tourney placings are sucking really hard.
Im with ya on the first part.
And it depends, ROB doesn't have stellar results, but the tourney results page only has 4 weeks worth of tourney results, so can't really say he went down.

(wait until he has more)

Tenki

Smash Hero
@ stuff about Capt. Falcon not deserving of bottom of the tier list:

Of course, Captain Falcon isn't as bad as the majority of the community believes he may be.

But relative to other characters in overall ability/performance (that is, in-game performance, matchups, etc; not just tournament results, since things like tourney results seem to be skewing opinions on Sonic/Falco because of the recent Chara-ranking list), does he really do better overall than other characters that are supposedly in his tier?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
@ stuff about Capt. Falcon not deserving of bottom of the tier list:

Of course, Captain Falcon isn't as bad as the majority of the community believes he may be.

But relative to other characters in overall ability/performance (that is, in-game performance, matchups, etc; not just tournament results, since things like tourney results seem to be skewing opinions on Sonic/Falco because of the recent Chara-ranking list), does he really do better overall than other characters that are supposedly in his tier?
He got ONE use via Ally for 3 minutes. Just ONE match in a HUGE tourney. He's results sky rocketed because of it.

CO18

Smash Hero
Falcon is the worst character in the game. Just not by much, there isnt a huge gap or anything between him and the rest of the characters. But he is the worst

kr3wman

Smash Master
80% of the cast having horrible matchups against MK? Why are YOU being stupid? That would essentially warrant a ban against MK. It's far from horrible seeing as he has a few neutrals.

Fox vs Pika is a horrible matchup, don't even compare it to Sheik and ZSS.
Oh wait. Let's ban every character in every top tier in every fighting game ever.

Jesus ****, I know you're narrow-minded and all that, but ****.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Oh wait. Let's ban every character in every top tier in every fighting game ever.

Jesus ****, I know you're narrow-minded and all that, but ****.
I'm anti MK ban just so you know.

And here's a little math just for the hell of it.
80% of the cast truly was at a great disadvantage (3-7 if didn't know)
That would lead us to believe that 31 characters, have a 3-7 disadvantage, making only 8 or so characters viable.

(39 playable characters in Brawl)

Me narrow minded? Far from it.

And this argument started when you posted this.

Wait.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Told me what?

Trying to argue an hyperbole is time wasted. In my opinion, of course, seeing as he probably thinks it's not.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Told me what?

Trying to argue an hyperbole is time wasted. In my opinion, of course, seeing as he probably thinks it's not.
Time wasted indeed. I didn't know you where over-exaggerating and thought you as someone who honestly believed that 80% of the cast sucked against MK.

Seriously Kr3wman, what did I ever do to you be such a douche to me? I mean, you post baseless things about me when you don't even know me?

M.K

Level 55
Mario and Sonic for mid. :p
How about "No".
Mario has nothing going for him. He's second-best at everything, and there is no superlative that he possesses that would make it BETTER for someone to use MARIO over someone like SNAKE or GAME AND WATCH.

This is always how it goes!
You pick up a character.
Find a secondary to suit his or her bad match ups (probably one higher on the tier list)
Start playing the secondary.
Realize you are BETTER OFF with the secondary.
Drop the main.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Time wasted indeed. I didn't know you where over-exaggerating and thought you as someone who honestly believed that 80% of the cast sucked against MK.

Seriously Kr3wman, what did I ever do to you be such a douche to me? I mean, you post baseless things about me when you don't even know me?
You post useless threads.

I'm a douche to people who post useless threads.

D

Deleted member

Guys shut up. kthx

Btw pknintendo, samboner just got 3rd in a tourny with fox, beating some of Texas' best players.

Fox for mid =P

MBlaze

Smash Champion
How about "No".
Mario has nothing going for him. He's second-best at everything, and there is no superlative that he possesses that would make it BETTER for someone to use MARIO over someone like SNAKE or GAME AND WATCH.

This is always how it goes!
You pick up a character.
Find a secondary to suit his or her bad match ups (probably one higher on the tier list)
Start playing the secondary.
Realize you are BETTER OFF with the secondary.
Drop the main.
A teir ***** huh? Then how come I haven't dropped my main? I've been playing him since 64, place well with him and tourneys and don't replace him with my seconds. Your theory fails, the game isn't about relying on the teir of the character to win. EDIT: Even if it is Brawl. lol

Barge

All I want is a custom title
A teir ***** huh? Then how come I haven't dropped my main? I've been playing him since 64, place well with him and tourneys and don't replace him with my seconds. Your theory fails, the game isn't about relying on the teir of the character to win. EDIT: Even if it is Brawl. lol
It isn't, but it will increase your chances a lot.
I'm a low/high tier user >_>
You have to at least use a secondary to make up for your mains fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom