• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
A teir ***** huh? Then how come I haven't dropped my main? I've been playing him since 64, place well with him and tourneys and don't replace him with my seconds. Your theory fails, the game isn't about relying on the teir of the character to win. EDIT: Even if it is Brawl. lol
Third.

Also, might I point out that as long as the character is not useless there is some advantage to using him/her. Many players may not know how to fight Mario. Even if he is theoretically worse, he can still win because no one knows how to fight Mario. You get the element of surprise.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Captain Falcon isn't moving anywhere.

Ganon's SideB tech chasing alone makes him better than Falcon.

Even Jiggs has more going for her than Falcon, just not much. The point is, even though Falcon is only SLIGHTLY worse than the characters next to him, he's still worse.

I'm hoping Link moves up, I think he's better than people give him credit for. He's low tier for sure, but he has a very solid ground and aerial game. The only thing that's tremendously holding him back is his god awful recovery. I'm thinking maybe 4th from the bottom.

D

Deleted member

LOL

Guys, dont make statements about characters like theres nothing good about them. Everyone has many things that make them usuable. Falcon can chain moves together. Falling uair to jab to grab to dthrow to followups. Nair can start followups. People are getting good at the knee, and its a great punisher. Utilt has amazing priority and little after lag, dash attack pops them up, side b can hit landing opponents.

Etc.
Ganon also has many usable traits, as does everyone else.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Burntsocks, I hope that last post wasn't directed towards me.

Falcon is my closest thing to a secondary (including Ness) so I know plenty of things about him.

I understand that EVERY CHARACTER has something good about them or has a good trait, or excels in a certain area, but COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE CAST, Falcon IS the worst. It's not that he can't do anything and is just down right terrible, he's just slightly worse than the characters around him (which I stated in my last post)

kr3wman

Smash Master
Falcon is down right terrible.

Don't overrate him by saying he's close to the second worse character please.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Anecdotal evidence, brah. Statistically, Falcon is killing BOTH of them in terms of tournament results.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Anecdotal evidence, brah. Statistically, Falcon is killing BOTH of them in terms of tournament results.
maybe >.> but ganon is just too good, i actually won a set with my ganon at my tourney yesterday lol, some bowser player, i ganstomped him to hell and back.

M.K

Level 55
A teir ***** huh? Then how come I haven't dropped my main? I've been playing him since 64, place well with him and tourneys and don't replace him with my seconds. Your theory fails, the game isn't about relying on the teir of the character to win. EDIT: Even if it is Brawl. lol
That's good for you, but there is no doubt that your character isn't good. Even to the best of your ability, you will be outclassed by other characters. If you ever wish to change this fact, the only way to go is up.
Learn to spell, I'm not a "teir" *****, I'm a logical thinker.

kr3wman

Smash Master
That's good for you, but there is no doubt that your character isn't good. Even to the best of your ability, you will be outclassed by other characters. If you ever wish to change this fact, the only way to go is up.
Learn to spell, I'm not a "teir" *****, I'm a logical thinker.
Well, Everyone should go MK.

M.K

Level 55
Well, Everyone should go MK.
If you were to think logically, yes.
Yet MK isn't the best camper, Snake is. Therefore, campers should go to Snake.
But Snake isn't the best grabber, so people should go to DDD.
It just goes down the line until you get to the "close, but only 2nd best" part of the low high-tier and high mid-tier.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
MK is the best yes BUT he's not best for everyone. If you want to be logical you should main who gives you the best chance at WINNING. If you're better with Falcon than anyone else you're PROBABLY better going with a higher tier and learning. If you meld with Marth or ROB better than MK go with them. That doesn't mean you have to give up your main. I've even picked up Falco and Snake cause they're good and I'm not horrible with them(and they're fun). I'll stick with Sonic though.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ally used him in one match against Anther's Sonic.
that's what happened?
oh god.

on AiB (yeah, wifi), over the Summer/Fall, Ally and the AiB Sonic mains had this whole Falcon vs Sonic thing going on.

It was a tough war, but no Sonic main (some of whom were also responsible for Sonic's recent tourney wins/rankings in their first offline tournaments)... had ever beat Ally's Falcon in a complete set.

what a jerk, doing that.

:<

lol

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Well apparently Anthers Sonic got killed pretty handily by The Truth and I beat Truth by decent margins earlier. (wifi) so Anther still has some work to do. Not putting too much stock in that because Truth had JUST woken up but I think the main points are that Anthers Sonic needs a bit of work and that Ally CP's Sonic.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
stop trying to make MK look bad. im pretty sure MK's not his only terrible matchup, i can already see G&W ****** pit.
1. He just stated that Pit becomes unplayable with MK. If Pikachu was used as much as MK, fox would be unplayable. He wasn't trying to make MK look bad as far as I can tell.

2. If you look at the current character rankings, there aren't nearly as many G&W out there. I know it's only one month but I recall hearing that many people are beginning to drop G&W.

3. If you think this is a MK bashing post, you are a Moron.

-:bowser:Bowser King

brinboy789

Smash Champion
1. He just stated that Pit becomes unplayable with MK. If Pikachu was used as much as MK, fox would be unplayable. He wasn't trying to make MK look bad as far as I can tell.

2. If you look at the current character rankings, there aren't nearly as many G&W out there as MK. I know it's only one month but I recall hearing that many people are beginning to drop G&W.

3. If you think this is a MK bashing post, you are a Moron.

then why specifically say "MK makes pit unviable"? what about his other **** matchup?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
MK makes a lot of characters unviable. lol

I seem to recall hearing more Snakes in the midwest? It was something mentioned in passing on a chat room but that MAY attribute to less GaW.

And GaW is still a pretty solid force. He's just not placing as well.

cman

Smash Ace
then why specifically say "MK makes pit unviable"? what about his other **** matchup?
MK is played more than any other character in tournaments, so having a bad match up against MK is more harmful than a bad one against someone else. Pretty simple tbh.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'd battle a MK instead of a D3 any day. You all know why :p

Plus, bowser does pretty well against MK.

That's the one thing I fear most about the MK ban. Will it influence more D3 mains to come (I know it will but will he be the main character MK mains will flock to)?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I'd battle a MK instead of a D3 any day. You all know why :p

Plus, bowser does pretty well against MK.

That's the one thing I fear most about the MK ban. Will it influence more D3 mains to come (I know it will but will he be the main character MK mains will flock to)?

as gheb said before, i dont think MK being banned will affect the tier list that much because he doesnt make any char unviable by himself. also, if MK were to be banned, i would resort to either sonic or jiggs cause i second those 2. maining MK + second low tiers is fun. + sonic is just fun to play as :laugh:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Umm... probably. MAYBE. GaW too. People who like MK like

A)Winning
B)Playing aggressive.

Snake fills both but his recovery is easy to mess with. D3 can do that stuff but a lot of his matches are dependent on shield camping. GaW fits basically everything.

I can see a lot of Marths coming too. I guess it depends on if people like his STYLE or if they like tier whoring. I'm not too great on top tiers though.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
As the metagame of Snakes explosive campyness progresses. Snake will be #1, MetaKnight #2. The rest is irrelevant. :psycho:

Seriously though. Half ya'll cats are missing the whole point. Just cause they arent in high or top tier doesnt mean that they 'cannot' achieve any wins in competitive play. You just need to be smart on who to use what character against. Don't be using no Luigi against a D3, or Fox when up against a Pikachu, and if you have a garbage recovery, MK , among many others can potentially wax that as$ with gimps.

Game & Watch seems to be an prime example, of a great character, that doesnt get many wins. Only reason behind it that I could think of is it's probably because GW needs supplementary characters. Like everyone else.

~Sonic for mid tier, Mario for high mid, and PT for low high. Wishful thinking. :laugh:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I don't think Snake will be the top. He has some weakness that characters can exploit too well. I feel more americans need to look at japanese snakes though. Their nades are nucking futz. Just because Snake can take MK doesn't mean D3 and ROB won't put the hurt on Snake.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
He doesn't make a character unviable all by himself.
well you can't deny that he helps.
if the metagame keeps evolving the direction it is (which is unpredictable, i guess),
MK is only becoming more of a dominant char.
it's beginning to look like MK is who everyone should main. lol

in the words of someone i don't remember, "only use metaknight and hard counters"
path to victory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom