• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
For once, I have to agree with Spadefox. Just bcause he isn't as well represented as other characters doesn't mean he sucks. He's clearly a great character. His huge air speed combiend with his high priority aerials give him a fantastic air game, and his ground game is also good due to its speed and high priority. He has a great recovery too if his bike is intact, and if you don't need any vertical distance you can practically glide back to the stage. He also has a couple of good kill moves with FSmash, Uair and (to a lesser extent) Bair. Wario's only noticeable flaws are his low range, which he can make up for with his fantastic approaches, and his grab releases, and good luck grabbing a decent Wario.

tl;dr Wario is like Jigglypuff, only stronger, faster and heavier.

No, but that doesn't make him any worse.

Wario has far too little players properly representing him, and those always place constantly well in the Top ranks.
First, I never said Wario was bad. I was justing asking about representation. Please do not put words into my mouth.

Falco has it really bad as well. Hardly any representation. And those that do place well end up losing it in the end place below the top 8 mostly. I think it's because falco has way too many even match ups that are based upon not getting gimped or getting killed before the other person. Falco probably averages around 130%-140%+ for each kill. CG to kill shouldn't be happening if it's being teched all the time, and falco doesn't have much to gimp people with. So here you are with a bird that is easily gimped by people, has to play incredibly hard to not get killed early, and has to work extra hard for a kill.

In the end, Falco is going to run into problems the more matches played. It's not likely Falco will play perfectly ever Set. He'll likely get gimped once or twice in a match that will mess him up he now has potiential percentage to work with to win. Other characters have some advantages where they can turn the match around quickly such as MK gets gimps easily; Snake lives forever and kills early; and ICs just need a single grab to turn a stock around.

Sounds like you're suggesting that Warios placement on the tier list is amusing. If not my mistake.
You totally missed the pun.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
The best at being predictable and being gimped.

The only thing Zelda has going for her is good smashes and freakish power.
And a good projectile, and a reflector, and lightning kicks, and combo ability, and good tilts....

Zelda is by no means the best in the game, but she should be higher than she is now. IMO, a good position for her would be roughly where Luigi is at the moment.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
A good projectile is hard to avoid or forces approaches or is able to put pressure on shields. Din's Fire doesn't do that.

A reflector is useful if it comes out quickly. Naryu's Love doesn't do that.

Combo ability? O_o

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
A good projectile is hard to avoid or forces approaches or is able to put pressure on shields. Din's Fire doesn't do that.

A reflector is useful if it comes out quickly. Naryu's Love doesn't do that.

Combo ability? O_o
Din's Fire can force approaches on characters that don't have longer range projectiles. Also, although her reflector may not be fast in terms of reflecting, but it has invincibility frames at the start that come out VERY quickly. Oh, and as for combo ability, you'd be surprised what her DTilt can do.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Din's is a terrible projectile. It's slow and gets canceled by nearly everything. If Zelda gets hit with a projectile while using dins, she loses control over it. In short, it's a terrible camping tool.

Naryu's love is a laggy reflector that has invincibility for like, 6 frames. Not during the entire duration. It's super punishable.

Dtilt only works at certain percents.

Seriously, I play with DM, who's probably the best Zelda in the nation. Even he thinks that Zelda should be in E tier. She's that terrible.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Zelda may not be that great, but you have to admit that she got buffed a fair amount since Melee (especially Din's Fire), yet the tier list barely reflects this at all.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Of course she got buffed from Melee. The problem is that everyone else is just plain better.

Bowser got buffed too. But guess what? He still sucks.

It doesn't matter if she got buffed. She didn't get buffed enough for her to be good in the current metgame, so that's why she should he at the top of E tier.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Maybe not, but isn't the fact she's a great counter to DDD, one of the most prominent tourney threats, worth something? Admittedly she does get screwed over by Mr. Game and Watch, but still....

MrEh

Smash Hero
She doesn't counter Dedede. Dedede and her go even.

And she gets screwed by more then Gdub. MK, Snake, and Olimar hard counter her. Nearly every other high tier has a sizable advantage as well. When you get destroyed by nearly every tournament viable character, you know you're screwed.

Zelda is terrible.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Both matchup threads say that it's 60:40 in Zelda's favour IIRC. And if you think about it, it makes sense. She's too light to be chaingrabbed, which means that he doesn't have that ultra easy way to set up for Bair edgeguarding (IMO, the threat of being hit by a Bair wall of pain is mroe scary than the 20-30% damage you sustain from his chaingrab). DDD is arguably the best at surviving attacks in the game, but against Zelda that doesn't mean much. Yes, USmash and FSmash are easy to SDI out of, everyone and their uncle knows that, but when you have UTilt and DSmash you hardly need them. And even if he does survive DSmash, chances are he'll need to up B back to the stage, and you can easily take advantage of that. And of course, there's the fact that he's ridiculously easy to lightning kick.... His UTilt is pretty deadly though, so you have to be careful to avoid that.

Overall, I'd say that DDD vs Zelda is like Olimar vs Peach; both invovle great characters being countered by lower tiered players. Saying that Zelda is bad would be understandable IMO, but don't you think saying she's 'terrible' is exaggerating just a bit? Unless you have a different meaning of terrible, because in my eyes, a terrible character is one that has absolutely no hope of winnign a tourney. It's an uphill struggle, yes, but I don't think it's impossible by any means.

MrEh

Smash Hero
No, the Dedede thread and Zelda threads are wrong and outdated.

Dedede can still do 20% per grab, and Zelda is grabbed quite easily. Zelda has no approach in air as well, since she's easily shieldgrabbed.

Oh, and Dedede's Bair destroys Zelda in the air. And Zelda is easily gimped.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Uphill battle for zelda to win a tournament?
It's more than that.
It's like Inui trying to beat a sonic after climbing a mountain battle.

:093:

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I don't know where you guys came up with the idea that Wario has crappy representation. So every scrub and their brother isn't playing him like MK or Snake, I can also name more high-level Wario players than I can of any other character but those two. (But maybe that's just me!) Hell, most of A-Tier doesn't even have more than one notable player, if any.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Uphill battle for zelda to win a tournament?
It's more than that.
It's like Inui trying to beat a sonic after climbing a mountain battle.

:093:
Who is Inui anyway? The way I see it, anyone above F Tier can potentially win a tournament; it's just that it's much more likely for characters in the tier list that are higher up.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I guess I didn't emphasize it enough.

Zelda. Is. Bad.

However, she is still better than Samus.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Once, I was tossing needles at a Falcon, and then I decided to whip out the chain, but I accidentally hit Down B as he started his Side B. The Falcon lost his last stock because of it.

Transform > Falcon

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Once, I was tossing needles at a Falcon, and then I decided to whip out the chain, but I accidentally hit Down B as he started his Side B. The Falcon lost his last stock because of it.

Transform > Falcon
You mean transform > Falcon players that don't press back when side B-ing over the ledge so they grab it and not die, I presume.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Who is Inui anyway?
Look earlier in the thread, Inui is a really good MK player who tends to be a bit on the arrogant side.

Also his johns for losing to a Sonic involved him having just climbed a mountain.

You mean besides jumping into it and falcon punching you?
Actually, Gale Boomerang is one of the few really good things Link has...

bigman40

Smash Master
MK beats Yoshi just as badly, if not worse. MK players just don't know what the hell they're doing. I've played PRiDE countless times, and now Yoshi is a joke to me.
I guess in your opinion. I haven't had much trouble with MKs unless they straight up camp hard against me, but also, Pride is just one style. Every Yoshi player is completely different and makes his game different (hence why some people have personal bad MUs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom