• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Wow

What a stunning and astounding observation.

Did you come up with that all by youself? You're brain must ache from the strain...
I know right?

Though you are wrong, my brain doesn't ache from the strain, it aches when people take things anally when it should be taking as is, a joke.

Of course such a thing is usually beyond others, but surely you understand my pains yes?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If you hit two birds with one stone, it must have been a boulder not a stone.
Why hit them with a stone? Can't you just use a flamethrower or something? Hell, you'll kill two birds, AND have them both ready to be eaten.

It kills two birds with one-

MOTHER ****ER.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
What i dont get is how did Cable get so good with DK? and hes givin *****es the **** with DK.
Because he is like me:

- Does not cry about match ups
- Does not cry about his character
- Uses his head
- Does not care what character you are or what big name you are, he is ready to beat the **** out of you
- Creative/smart
- Knows just abpout it all with his characters and uses the tools he has with it to help him win. (wether the tools depending on match ups help him alot or not)

Maybe if more people were like this, this game wopuld be a lil more fun and stop crying about thier character, how they suck and can't do this/that. Which is why I seriously love

- Sonic players
- Ike players
- Ness players
- Falcon Players
- Link players
- Zelda Players

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I thought Zelda players actually know their character is bad and just put on a happy face?

The others I agree with though

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If you main Zelda, it's already a giving, you know what you have coming to you. So you really should not be complaining. Yes, I can understand it can be fustrating. Really when fools wanna play gay against you just to win. But no one forced you to play the character. if you wan't the easy road, main a high tier and you want have MUCH to complain about.

And to be honest, with Peach players, it upsets me cause they do this alot. And I getsick of it. Man the hell up or play another character. I said this to vidjo when he mad a thread about how she sucked and would never player. I flamed him and everyone in that thread that had their tail between their legs. People cry more than improve.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
If you main Zelda, it's already a giving, you know what you have coming to you. So you really should not be complaining. Yes, I can understand it can be fustrating. Really when fools wanna play gay against you just to win. But no one forced you to play the character. if you wan't the easy road, main a high tier and you want have MUCH to complain about.COLOR]

Im not going to lie i've pretty much dropped zelda for this very reason. She is frustrating to use. In my eyes she is still very fun and one of the reasons i used her , but shes really frustrating if you try to use her seriously.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im not going to lie i've pretty much dropped zelda for this very reason. She is frustrating to use. In my eyes she is still very fun and one of the reasons i used her , but shes really frustrating if you try to use her seriously.
Trust me dude, I know that feeling. Peach was like that for me. Few times I was thinking about quitting her. But I decided to learn more about her. To a point thatI know **** can be done and that fustrastion can be reduce. The problem now was not Peach anymore. it was me. The way I used her (IMO) was generic and stupid. **** people gone seen many times. It was all my fault for losing, not the player or the character

So I decided to get off this garbage, Cause it is not getting me anywhere. Others chose to cry about the character as usual like it is gonna get the job done. Like something is serioulsy gonna change. I just put myself down so many times till I decided to take a hint. Summer time came and I changed totally how I played. Started doing better in tournies. The fustration was less. But times I still played typical. And I was not happy with that. I improved, big deal. I still got ticked sometimes. And that held me back. More than I thought.

Now I decided to fix up my style with Peach some more. And she is now (IMO) really good. And I get hardly get fustrated. I just added all this **** to hear and actually decided to follow what I put in my Peach guide. I wanna go to a tournament and test this out. I have not yet due to I am not working so no money to travel and [lay in them. Once I do, I believe I will get epic results. Last tourny I was in was the first week of October. From that time on I been twiiting and playing around with Peach
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr- People need to learn to over come that fustration one way or another if they wanna actually do damage. You already know what your character carries and what your matches will be like. complaing and crying about over and over won't get the job done. People need to man up and just work with what they got. Then use their heads. Sit down and think **** through. Break your character down. Break match ups down. Look at things from all angles. Make your character fun when you play, same time you playing smart and beasting. When you have fun, you beast. And you play smarter. People don't realize this.

Albert.

Smash Master
Dark Peach is always hyping his/her self up, do you have any tourney vids? I wanna see! (I mean that in a nice way, my doubles partner back home is a Peach player, I've always found the character to be interesting to watch)

TO SBR: When is Ver 4 coming out? whine whine whine!!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't have any recent tournament videos of myself. I have not been recorded since the spring. I have recent vides of myself playing a friend of mine if you wanna see that. Best thing I have right now to recent till I can get a job and play again.

Vex514

Smash Cadet
Cable is a prodigy thats able to pick up any character from dk to zss to pika to ness and play at TOP level with them. he did this with dk and now hes taking out huge names with all dk.
That's because Cable is top tier m i rite MvC2 :laugh:

I like dark peaches outlook, I'm attempting to main Ike and I think he can do great things under the right player coughkirkcough

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Fair enough. She's fun in friendlies and low tier tourneys and all, but when it comes to tournament play, Zelda will never be viable.

The only top/high tiers she does OK against are DDD, Ice Climbers and Pikachu. Every other high tier is 40:60 or worse.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
People keep saying Ike is low tier. I still don't get why people think that. Ike is like at the bottom of low tier. He is indeed a mid tier character.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Any reasons why Ike is mid and not low tier? We all know most of his moves are extremely laggy besides grab and jab and this is combined with mediocre mobility and fairly poor recovery. But he is heavy and has a great jab and amazing killing power (but this moves besides bair are all very laggy).

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I would think it's due to a lack of representation (although I think I've seen some remedy towards this, still isn't enough to make much difference though) and just that Ike has a lot of trouble with top/high tier characters; I'm looking at King D3, LOLimar, and Flaco. Feel free to add MK if you want to, even though almost everybody has trouble with him anyway so bleh. There are probably other characters too, but I can't tell you anymore due to me not keeping up with his metagame (though I'm sure not a lot has changed, sadly..).

There's that, and just how he feels slow, sluggish, very punishable, and is closer to the bottom end of the spectrum of characters who can recover.

Lowest I'd put him would be at the mid-point of low-tier. Inui may be coming in here and telling you he's the 5th worst character, but I'd put Samus/Lucas/other characters there before I could begin to consider Ike THAT bad.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Any reasons why Ike is mid and not low tier? 1. We all know most of his moves are extremely laggy besides grab and jab and this is combined with 2. mediocre mobility and 3. fairly poor recovery. But he is heavy and has a great jab and amazing killing power (4. but this moves besides bair are all very laggy).
1. when you say lag, which type of lag are you talking about, because nair and fair both have very little landing lag.
And besides, if the only fast move you to have happens to be the hands down best jab in the game than does it really matter?
2. he does have mediocre mobility and he gets camped pretty hard, but nobody is claiming him to be top tier. also, he really doesnt have to move around all that much if the majority of other characters have to get into his jab range to attempt kill moves.
3. Ikes recovery is bad but its still not the auto gimp that people make it out to be.
4. Ikes kill moves are slow, but he can combo into them with the previously stated best jab in the game.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
1) Squirtle's jab is nowhere near Ike's jab. The only other jab in the game that can compete for Best Jab is Luigi's. Any other jab brought up for Best Jab in Brawl is simply delusions.

2) Olimar actually might not be so bad for Ike now...the way the Olimar boards have (briefly) mentioned Olimar vs Ike, the MU might actually be 4-6 instead of 3-7. O_o I've seen the number put at low as 45-55. But we haven't talked about it yet, so we'll see.

3) Dark Peach: Ike ain't mid-tier. He's obviously D tier and anyone who says lower is delusional, but there is no one in C tier you could even argue he's better then. The only possible questions about Ike's placement right are A) Is he better then Zelda? and B) Are Bowser's results low enough to put Ike above him (or vise versa)?

4) There is no way I'm getting into a bigger argument then this post during my last break before Finals. >_> So don't expect me to respond to anything, I'll be busy hitting up CoD4 and my new found love for the Mini-Uzi. :D

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Because he is like me:

- Does not cry about match ups
- Does not cry about his character
- Uses his head
- Does not care what character you are or what big name you are, he is ready to beat the **** out of you
- Creative/smart
- Knows just abpout it all with his characters and uses the tools he has with it to help him win. (wether the tools depending on match ups help him alot or not)
There's just one problem with this statement of yours. You main a mid tier character.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
1) Squirtle's jab is nowhere near Ike's jab. The only other jab in the game that can compete for Best Jab is Luigi's. Any other jab brought up for Best Jab in Brawl is simply delusions.
Squirtle's jab hits on frame 1...

I don't see how its possible for his jab to be "nowhere near Ike's jab"

Maybe you should learn more about the character before writing him off...

Or perhaps YOU are delusional

jerk

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ikes does more damage, comes out on frame 3, has setups into it, is disjointed, etc.

Its better than squirtles. One of the only things squirtles has going for him vs. Ikes is speed, and only by 2 frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom