• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frown

poekmon
Captain Falcon is still awesome IMO not the worst char in Brawl
Well, Falcon kind of got screwed over by Brawl's physics. He was a combo king in Melee, but now that combos consist of chaingrabs and tilt locks, he doesn't really have anything except for some Sonic priority and a handful of awful hitboxes.

d4bA

Smash Cadet
I honestly think wario and mr.g&w should be switched. Especially if diddy kong made such a huge jump.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
The SBR determines tier places through collecting each member's idea of the list, and averaging the points given by each member. It's not done through some discussive collaboration which would generate reasons for Why X is in _ tier or anything like that. It's just an average of each member's view on the list.

Also, a lot of ppl seem to have the idea of Character X doesn't belong in Spot Z, they should be in Spot Y. Well, that's all good and all, until you realize that would change the positions of every character between Spots Y and Z. You would need justification for X being better/ worse than every character between Y and Z.

Saying Character X should be higher/lower because he/she has/doesn't have _______ doesn't mean anything. You'd need to show Character X is higher/lower than other characters. Tier lists are relative.
Really now?

Shouldn't they first be credible to have knowledge about EVERY character before doing this? I mean, what if the self made tier lists suck?

D

Deleted member

I like when da K.I.D. agrees with me because he is always very passionate about whatever he argues about.

But then I hate when you disagree >:| Grrr *angry face* Haha jk man.
SO chok are you still losing posts whenever you post?

Cuz thats gay.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well he has his max post count in his location so you can figure out how many posts he really has...

its almost 20000 now actually.

and I think its suits chok to have his posts set up that way

D

Deleted member

No cuz they also subracted a few thousand posts from him randomly. =(

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
question about wario

as defensive as brawl can be, and as much brawl bashing that goes around everywhere, did it really take you 9 months to figure out that Wario can camp...?

seriously
it took people a year before they figured out that link's grounded up B in melee could be shielded and then smack Link while he continued his spinning animation.

People don't see obvious things because they are often focusing on everything else, don't be so quick to criticize.

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
SOMEBODY has to be top tier i really think its pretty bad if you ban a character =/ in a way i feel sorry for the people who truly wanted to main metaknight from the beginning becuz they were fans of the CHARACTER. even tho i think there weren't many since he's not such a iconic video game figure.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the only reason that ganon is better than CF is cause he has a techchase command throw (move that acts as a throw but doesnt use the z button) and command throws are beast in this game.

bite
inhale
flamechoke

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
the only reason that ganon is better than CF is cause he has a techchase command throw (move that acts as a throw but doesnt use the z button) and command throws are beast in this game.

bite
inhale
flamechoke
Falcon Dive

Ganon's better because he actually has combos and kill moves.

kook_U

Smash Cadet
i feel like Falco should be in the same tier list as snake, thats my only problem with this list............
wow fox fell 6 spots :O thats alittle drastic:p

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
wow fox fell 6 spots :O thats alittle drastic:p
Not sure if he needed to fall that much but he does have several horrific match-ups; Fox has ok match-ups in general, but there are a few characters that just wipe the floor with him...Pikachu lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There were 4 hard Fox counters AFAIK... though I forgot one, the worse ones are Pikachu, Sheik, and Zero Suit samus.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why's it called SS tier? Shouldn't it be like S+ or something like that?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
There were 4 hard Fox counters AFAIK... though I forgot one, the worse ones are Pikachu, Sheik, and Zero Suit samus.
Sheik and Pikachu **** the hell outta fox to a pretty unwinnable level. MK, ZSS are also hard counters, but not as much. He also has Marth and ICs as rough matchups. That's a really bad set of matchups to have, even if he goes close with DDD, snake, rob, DK, and falco (for varying degrees of "going close")

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Fox is not a bad character, he just has some matchups that make him get annihilated completely that maining him would be pretty worthless. However if you are good at Fox and are going up against a Snake main bringing him out would do no harm. He has good matchups with top characters.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Sheik and Pikachu **** the hell outta fox to a pretty unwinnable level. MK, ZSS are also hard counters, but not as much. He also has Marth and ICs as rough matchups. That's a really bad set of matchups to have, even if he goes close with DDD, snake, rob, DK, and falco (for varying degrees of "going close")
What sucks about Fox is that he just has too many stupid matchups, more than any of the low tier characters aside from maybe Samus and Lucas. On paper, he is just too good to be put in E tier; when you have a god move such as Fox's Usmash, Ike's jab, (insert random move of the top tiers) as well as other great properties, you deserve to be ahead of your pack (tier). He'd be D if he did not get screwed over by the physics.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
What sucks about Fox is that he just has too many stupid matchups, more than any of the low tier characters aside from maybe Samus and Lucas. On paper, he is just too good to be put in E tier; when you have a god move such as Fox's Usmash, Ike's jab, (insert random move of the top tiers) as well as other great properties, you deserve to be ahead of your pack (tier). He'd be D if he did not get screwed over by the physics.
His Upsmash is not godly.

D

Deleted member

Fox is actually an amazing secondary to have. He pretty much *****, he just has ******** matchups vs a few people =(

Foward air is too ****ing good.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Fox is actually an amazing secondary to have. He pretty much *****, he just has ******** matchups vs a few people =(
This is the case with many characters. Why Fox? Why choose him over all the other recommended back-up characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom