• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
How is his up-B useful for anything other than recovery? If that's the case then everyone in the cast's up-B is useful under that reasoning.
You did not just say that. His upB oos is great for punishing, juggle starting, setups for kills, and killing jab/tilt mixups and strings in their tracks. Play a good Bowser, then you'll see what I mean.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Nah, I think most people are cool with it.
Most people does not = All people.

Stating the obvious>Your intelligence and common sense. The stupid peoples opinions while not mattering do still exist.

Also don't answer rhetorics. :)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Woah, Bowser's up B is good. It doesn't have good priority after start up though :<

His Down B is pretty bad though I feel, unless you're playing against people with no reflexes.

I'm not part of the horde who thinks that Bowser is the devil and that the SBR should place him like "omg 10 places lower", but I feel he's overrated slightly.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
His down-B can be used on people grabbing the ledge. If you time it right you will replace them on the ledge and send them off to an easy death. It's quite useful. As to the other topic, I have never played a competent Bowser, and I mess around with him for fun every now and then but I don't take him seriously. I never gave much thought to his up-B really, since I didn't like the priority on it. Again I didn't take Bowser seriously enough to really try to improve myself with him.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Woah, Bowser's up B is good. It doesn't have good priority after start up though :<

His Down B is pretty bad though I feel, unless you're playing against people with no reflexes.

I'm not part of the horde who thinks that Bowser is the devil and that the SBR should place him like "omg 10 places lower", but I feel he's overrated slightly.
VB is great for getting on the edge and it kills really well when you use it on people trying to recover.

I disagree. There are like 5(?) people who actually take him seriously. Everyone else is

"His big so were going to use that as our major debating point against bowser."

No character board takes less the a 55-45 there favor from bowser.

Also, how can a character so few people play be overrated? The bowser players rarely travel to other boards unless it's character matchup threads.

-:bowser:Bowser King

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
All I know is that for lucario, a good bowser teaches you to be extremely patient and make the best effort for spacing so that you can put up shield or retaliate before punishment comes. UpB oos is crazy good when used right, even if you do manage to avoid it is is kind of tricky to punish, and his grab release stuff is crazy (I hate dtilt kills).

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Many people think his current tier placement makes him overrated.
I think bowsers fine were he is. He would definitely be higher if more people played him. That's his major drawback. If more people had picked him up I think bowser would make a great character deserving of a higher position.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think bowsers fine were he is. He would definitely be higher if more people played him. That's his major drawback. If more people had picked him up I think bowser would make a great character deserving of a higher position.

Actually, I don't think he would move up much, at least, not in the long run. Characters would learn to avoid a more defensive character. I'm thinking even if he gets more popularity, he would go up, but not drastically like it seems you're implying. Still, bowser is an underestimated character that can really put on the hurt in the hands of a pro.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Actually, I don't think he would move up much, at least, not in the long run. Characters would learn to avoid a more defensive character. I'm thinking even if he gets more popularity, he would go up, but not drastically like it seems you're implying. Still, bowser is an underestimated character that can really put on the hurt in the hands of a pro.
I don't mean move in to high tier or anything. I just mean he'd move out of E rank.

Bowser's the 4-5 most least scoring character tourney wise and he's in E rank. If he placed better I'm sure he'd move higher.

Also, bowser's not all defensive. An aggressive bowser can do quite a lot and at some points you HAVE to play aggresive (projectile spam).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I don't mean move in to high tier or anything. I just mean he'd move out of E rank.

Bowser's the 4-5 most least scoring character tourney wise and he's in E rank. If he placed better I'm sure he'd move higher.

Also, bowser's not all defensive. An aggressive bowser can do quite a lot and at some points you HAVE to play aggresive (projectile spam).

i dont think this idea works...

if hes bottom 5 in points and hes in e rank, if he had the tourney points of an e rank character, which seems to be what you want, than that really wouldnt warrent him moving up. because his still results still arent higher than his placement, and that wat should determine a character moving up.

sonic on the other hand...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzjKVnXD6sA

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
i dont think this idea works...

if hes bottom 5 in points and hes in e rank, if he had the tourney points of an e rank character, which seems to be what you want, than that really wouldnt warrent him moving up. because his still results still arent higher than his placement, and that wat should determine a character moving up.

sonic on the other hand...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzjKVnXD6sA
*Backhands*

BAD SONIC MAIN!!!

No more tier list complaints.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
*rubs cheek*
but...

but...

but...

*whimpers...*

sonic has the biggest discrepancy between where he should be and where he is.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
sonic has the biggest discrepancy between where he could be and where he is.
I'll tentatively accept that one as a possibility. But don't get ahead of yourself.

You know how many mains of characters from the bottom 3 tiers complain they should be higher?

Most of them.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We killed this thread with our constant bickering about how Sonic still needs to move 1 or two more spots up to be in the right place...

Good **** Sonic boards, we put out the worst efficiency to reap the smallest benefit possible! XD

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Whoot whoot.

So...how about that MK?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im sorry, i worded that wrong let me try again.

Sonic has the biggest discrepancy between where he consistently places on the tourney ranking list, and where he consistently places on the tier list.

Browny

Smash Hater
I'll tentatively accept that one as a possibility. But don't get ahead of yourself.

You know how many mains of characters from the bottom 3 tiers complain they should be higher?

Most of them.
And you know how many characters from the bottom three tiers have any right or basis of argument to claim they deserve higher?

One

and lets leave it at that :)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
And you know how many characters from the bottom three tiers have any right or basis of argument to claim they deserve higher?

One

and lets leave it at that :)
:falcon:

They explained it earlier, they are attacking the reasoning stated by a poster earlier concerning Bowser.
Woooooo....when did somone attack me? I simply stated that bowser could move up.

1. I never said he'd move up to C rank or anything. I simply meant a bump higher.

2. Attacked? I didn't see anyone "attack" me. They simply stated an argument against mine. Since when has that been considered an "attack"? Fix your definition of attack plz >_>

@barge

sonic killed it.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Sonic needs a kill move that doesn't have like a hundred millenia of start-up/ending lag.

Umby

Smash Master
Less talk about Sonic. More talk about the opinions of Ganondorf and Falcon as far as them being placed one over the other. I personally see more potential and ability in Ganondorf, since he at least has power and the ability to set up tech chasing to overcome some of his shortcomings, but then again, I'm not all that knowledgeable about Falcon either. Educate me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom