• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.K

Level 55
They both get camped heavily. Ganondorf at least has power that can make up for the few hits that he would land and some setups for his kill moves.

Personally CF>Ganondorf but I am providing the reasoning behind why Gdorf is higher.
I agree. I'm sure in the highest level of competitive play, Ganondorf beats out Captain Falcon, but on my level (and most of the competitive scene's level) Falcon can surely beat the bottom tier characters (maybe some of the lows as well)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
ALLISBRAWL TIER LIST

Metaknight and Snake tier
Metaknight
Snake

High
Dedede
G&W
Wario
Falco
DK - due to gfsc headbutt and other new findings
Marth
Diddy
R.O.B.
IC's
Lucario

Mid
Olimar
Pikachu
Luigi
Ness
Peach
Kirby
Zamus
Wolf
Pit
Tink
Sheik and Zelda
Bowser (srsly)
Fox

Low 1
Zelda
Mario
Sheik
Lucas

Low 2
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jiggs

Grab a snickers bar tier
PT
Ike
Ganon
Link
Captain Falcon

Ike, that low?
IKE BELOW PT?

Olimar below DK lolol

SCOTU

Smash Hero
lolwut

Allisbrawl doesn't have a tier list. What's quoted there is an unofficial list from OCTOBER 3rd.
I was on the Allisbrawl Tier list committe when they tried to make an official one, but due to a lack of interest/ activity (partly thanks to Inui) AiB never released a Tier list.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Its pretty messed up. What is Allisbrawl, though?

And honestly, that list only has six or seven really strange placements (DK, ICs, Luigi, Ness, Peach, Zero Suit Samus, and Falco). The rest is *shrug*. I mean, yeah, the ordering is weird, but some of it is close anyway, and they do have segments in common with the SBR list. Obviously inferior (seriously, DK above Marth, Diddy, ROB, and Lucario?), but it wouldn't give people really totally wrong ideas about most of the characters, and only Luigi, Ness, and Peach are strongly out of tier (though Bowser and Fox are put at the bottom of Mid rather than the top of Low, where they probably belong). I guess you could argue Jiggs is out of tier at bottom of Low but honsetly, I think the real problem with Jigglypuff is "Why would I play her when I can play Kirby" rather than her being absolutely terrible (just rather terrible). Putting her above Link is, I think, excusable, though I cannot see putting Ganondorf above Link - yeah he's awful but so is Ganon.

If you look at the SBR tier list, you see a great deal of continuity between Falco (13.03, the third best character) and Ike (5.91, the 12th worst in the game). None of the jumps are by all that much, and the only REALLY big drop is between ICs and Zero Suit Samus (a drop of .71), the next largest is .6 (Olimar to Pikachu), and then the rest are in the .5 or even .4 range (Diddy -> Wario, Wolf-> Luigi). So the reality is, I think, that some of the divisions are a bit arbitrary as there is no real clear line where characters are bad, and the biggest gap is between ICs and Zamus, which is probably the drop from high tier to mid tier. If you were to cut it up into Top/High/Mid/Low/Bottom, you'd have Falco-ICs in high, and Zamus-Ike in mid, with Mario-Yoshi low and Link-CF bottom. So really, this list isn't really any worse than the lists the Sonic mains propose :p

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Its pretty messed up. What is Allisbrawl, though?

And honestly, that list only has six or seven really strange placements (DK, ICs, Luigi, Ness, Peach, Zero Suit Samus, and Falco). The rest is *shrug*. I mean, yeah, the ordering is weird, but some of it is close anyway, and they do have segments in common with the SBR list. Obviously inferior (seriously, DK above Marth, Diddy, ROB, and Lucario?), but it wouldn't give people really totally wrong ideas about most of the characters, and only Luigi, Ness, and Peach are strongly out of tier (though Bowser and Fox are put at the bottom of Mid rather than the top of Low, where they probably belong). I guess you could argue Jiggs is out of tier at bottom of Low but honsetly, I think the real problem with Jigglypuff is "Why would I play her when I can play Kirby" rather than her being absolutely terrible (just rather terrible). Putting her above Link is, I think, excusable, though I cannot see putting Ganondorf above Link - yeah he's awful but so is Ganon.

If you look at the SBR tier list, you see a great deal of continuity between Falco (13.03, the third best character) and Ike (5.91, the 12th worst in the game). None of the jumps are by all that much, and the only REALLY big drop is between ICs and Zero Suit Samus (a drop of .71), the next largest is .6 (Olimar to Pikachu), and then the rest are in the .5 or even .4 range (Diddy -> Wario, Wolf-> Luigi). So the reality is, I think, that some of the divisions are a bit arbitrary as there is no real clear line where characters are bad, and the biggest gap is between ICs and Zamus, which is probably the drop from high tier to mid tier. If you were to cut it up into Top/High/Mid/Low/Bottom, you'd have Falco-ICs in high, and Zamus-Ike in mid, with Mario-Yoshi low and Link-CF bottom. So really, this list isn't really any worse than the lists the Sonic mains propose :p
What in the world makes you think Bowser is low tier? Honestly I don't see why Ike belongs anywhere but low tier anyways, his game is so simple and predictable. He is ***** by spot dodge, shield grab and pressure because he only has two quick moves, those being his jabs and his bair(and maybe uair but a miss with that will get him a smashing anyway). All of his other attacks will have him struck and interrupted before he lands them, so he is incredibly easy to swarm if you look out for that jab and even easier if you keep him in the air, plus his recovery is garbage. Also, Jigglypuff above Link is a joke.

Hitaka

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hitaka
Haaaa. Dang right Falco is top of all non-MK/Snake characters.

Why IS Captain Falcon always the absolute worse anyway? Is it because he has no ranged attacks and his moves are low priority?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I mean something along the lines of if you main the character X, and X drops 3 spots in the tier list, what does this change for you maining X? Conversely if you main X and X rises 3 spots in the tier list, what does this change for you maining X? The answer to both of these questions is "Nothing". No one's going to stop maining X because their tier placement changed a bit (they might try out a character that moved above theirs though), but in neither case should the mainer of X feel any feelings of upsetness or joy.
sorry it took so long for me to post. lol. thanks i understand now.
New Discussion:

TOON LINK!

Never seems to move, does he? It's sort of odd!
yea. younglink is number 17 too.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
VERSION 2.9
1st Tier
= Meta Knight
^ King Dedede (-)
v Snake
= Falco (+/-)
^ Mr. Game & Watch (+)

2nd Tier
v R.O.B. (+/-)
= Marth
^ Diddy Kong (-)
^ Zero Suit Samus (+)
v Ice Climber (+)
v Wario (-)
v Toon Link
v Lucario
^ Pikachu (+)
v Peach
v Kirby

^ Fox (+)
v Donkey Kong
v Zelda
= Olimar (-)
^ Sheik (+/-)
^ Jigglypuff (+)
v Wolf (-)
v Ike (-)
^ Ness (+)
v Pit (-)
^ Samus (-)
v Luigi (-)
v Mario (-)
v Lucas (-)
^ Bowser (+)
v Pokemon Trainer (+/-)

3rd Tier
^ Ganondorf (+)
v Captain Falcon
v Sonic
v Yoshi
= Link

Yoshi is below captain falcon, so is sonic.

Tenki

Smash Hero
This Official Tier List is pretty awesome.

Also, allisbrawl is another website, which seems to be the current hub for alot of wifi play.
10hayiliketousecircularlogicandadhominemto'prove'mypoints

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Guys. Allisbrawl DOES NOT HAVE A TIER LIST.

JV_ made an official tier list committee group for the intent of making an AiB tier list a while back. It didn't do anything. I later (still a while back) proposed a new method for making a tier list (which is probably more accurate than the normal voting method), but no one participated because the group was long dead.

tl;dr: THERE IS NO AIB TIER LIST.

Whats this then: http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=441
Jigglypuff in mid tier:p
That's t0mmy's personal project at making a tier list.

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
We should give these extremely degrading/flattering names. Lets see...

SS = God Tier
S = 1337 Tier
A = Top Tier
B = Pwnage Tier
C = High Tier
D = Middle Tier
E = Low Tier
F = Bottom Tier
G = Ih8mylife Tier

Yes? No? Never mind. EVERYONE knows that the real tier list is this:

Top= Sandbag
Bottom = Everyone Else

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
G tier is Gangsta tier. Meaning you've gotta be a gangsta to use them well.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
^ Double post
Falcon will rise once people figure out how to use him. He is a mindgames only char.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Guys. Allisbrawl DOES NOT HAVE A TIER LIST.

JV_ made an official tier list committee group for the intent of making an AiB tier list a while back. It didn't do anything. I later (still a while back) proposed a new method for making a tier list (which is probably more accurate than the normal voting method), but no one participated because the group was long dead.

tl;dr: THERE IS NO AIB TIER LIST.

That's t0mmy's personal project at making a tier list.
I remember t0mmy's list, it's actually ok (considering it only takes from West Coast stuff and all that jazz). There are parts I certainly don't agree with, but it was good to see while the SWF tier list was being made.

Tenki

Smash Hero
^ Double post
Falcon will rise once people figure out how to use him. He is a mindgames only char.
uh...

a character that relies too much on player ability ("mindgames") is kind of hard to see as a higher-ranking character, unless there are an obvious amount of tools/options that can be seen in high-level play.

You'd have to give people trouble in tournaments as Falcon if you'd want to convince them of anything.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Allisbrawl doesn't have a tier list. Go ahead and make fun of t0mmy's personal list, or Bigfoot's list or whatever. Allisbrawl doesn't have a tier list.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It's a list.

With tiers.

In the official tier list discussion thread.

In the first post.

Close enough.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
that thread was originally for ppl posting their own tier lists and discussing what they thought it should be (the general public), and when the SBR made theirs, the focus shifted more to discussing that one, but it's basically just a giant noobfest of ppl arguing about why their character should be higher, and in no way is an official tier list. but i see how you can make that mistake. It's NOT (Official Tier List) Discussion, but rather Official (Tier List Discussion); it's to keep any spam threads about tier lists down and in one place.

Qman

Smash Rookie
Yes and the king gets number four! Sweetness! However Gannon needs to be up more. I mean cmon hes got some good points. His defense is good and hes got plenty of power. The big man needs more recognition. DK needs to be up higher to he has got some mad skillz.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
^ Double post
Mindgames mean nothing. Tier Lists solely reflect how the character should do on paper, disregarding many of the other variables that can't be wuantified or controlled, i.e. mindgames and player skill.

If you look at the Melee Tier List, you'll see Marth, despite his dominance, was bested by Fox. At maximum potential, some would argue Fox was the best (*cough* Sheik *cough*), but just because he was the best on paper, doesn't mean he was necessarily the best in practice. Hence, Tier Lists should only serve as a rough guide as to which characters you should watch for, how your character does against them etc.

For me, a Tier List only serves the purpose of determining which characters I'm likely to see a lot of in tournaments, and so I can build a list of matchups I should learn better than others.

People should stop getting all upset about the list, I mean seriously, if you hate it so much, why even look at it? Why even trust the SBR? Just make your own **** Tier List for yourself and use that. Jeez. Considering most of the data and knowledge the SBR has is from the Top/High Tiers, you can't really blame them for having a shaky bottom half (although they should look to fix that by the next list, and whiny Low Tier mains should go out and prove a point in tourneys.) The Top/High Tier section is actually pretty accurate and well done if you ask me.

/rant

tires don exits

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Mindgames mean nothing. Tier Lists solely reflect how the character should do on paper, disregarding many of the other variables that can't be wuantified or controlled, i.e. mindgames and player skill.
No. Just no. This is entirely incorrect.

Some characters are much, much better at mindgames than others. The more maneuverable you are, the better you tend to be at them, for instance. Other attacks can also set up mindgames - projectile spam, for instance, as well as Snake's mines. Some characters have high mindgame potential, others low, so it is indeed a part of a character.

And the tier list really is about two players of equal but already high playskill; if you're below mid-upper tournament caliber, the list doesn't really apply.

For me, a Tier List only serves the purpose of determining which characters I'm likely to see a lot of in tournaments, and so I can build a list of matchups I should learn better than others.
This isn't what a tier list is. A tier list is not about the popularity of characters but their effectiveness. A very effective but very difficult to learn character may be very high on a tier list, but that doesn't mean that they are particularly common to face - simply that someone who can play the character has a character advantage over a lot of the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom