• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldurseeyou

Smash Rookie
I like Wario for two reasons...

1) wicked aireils ( I know I'm a horrible speller)
2) looks awesome

I care less about CF on the bottom but he's awesome... in a way.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
fine, i wasn't going to word it like this, but you're making me. No one that matters cares about how their character's tier placement changes. Alternatively, No one who can think cares about how their character's tier placement changes.
if noone should care then why make one? -serious question

SCOTU

Smash Hero
no one should feel upset/ happy that their character changed locations/stayed the same was the original context of that statement.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
if noone should care then why make one? -serious question
I think SCOTU means care enough to affect their decision of character, and defend against the metagame with stupid arguments that seem more about player skill, tourney appearance, etc. It doesn't mean people don't want to know the statistics, it means that it shouldn't get your stomach all tied in a knot and whining.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I think SCOTU means care enough to affect their decision of character, and defend against the metagame with stupid arguments that seem more about player skill, tourney appearance, etc. It doesn't mean people don't want to know the statistics, it means that it shouldn't get your stomach all tied in a knot and whining.
thanks for clearing that up:)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I mean something along the lines of if you main the character X, and X drops 3 spots in the tier list, what does this change for you maining X? Conversely if you main X and X rises 3 spots in the tier list, what does this change for you maining X? The answer to both of these questions is "Nothing". No one's going to stop maining X because their tier placement changed a bit (they might try out a character that moved above theirs though), but in neither case should the mainer of X feel any feelings of upsetness or joy.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi loses to MK, stop saying yoshi goes even.

Its a reasonably sized advantage.

Tiers exist, but complaining doesnt work, i guess just do your best to place in tournaments and let the results speak for themselves.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Atleast Ganon isn't lowest :S
I've never played against a good ganondorf; why would he be better than CF, really? He seems kind of, well, sucky. At least most of CF's moveset doesn't give you enough time to make a sandwich, and Ganondorf's fast options seem limited to a couple of moves, which seems dangerous.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
^^^ lol ^^^

Make a sandwich.

Edit: Hmmm... reminds me of something: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO-QVJBLpnw

Edit, the Sequel: By the way, my guess is that his dair, something about his tipper uair, and Flame Choke tech chasing are all parts of him being higher than CF. And his power... deadly, despite his speed. Don't get mindgamed.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Yoshi loses to MK, stop saying yoshi goes even.

Its a reasonably sized advantage.

Tiers exist, but complaining doesnt work, i guess just do your best to place in tournaments and let the results speak for themselves.

MK has an advantage, but isn't that big. 55:45 or 60:40. Either way, Yoshi does better than most other characters.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi expertise has not yet reached a point where we can safely say that he is a metaknight counter, however I think it's hard to deny that Yoshi has the potential to have an advantage against metaknight as Yoshi players increase in skill. Yoshi is unlimited in terms of skill ceiling due to his great aerials, odd floating speed and quick and powerful attacks. The rules of Smash are generally different for Yoshi, making him hard to pick up and play as well as hard to master.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi expertise has not yet reached a point where we can safely say that he is a metaknight counter, however I think it's hard to deny that Yoshi has the potential to have an advantage against metaknight as Yoshi players increase in skill. Yoshi is unlimited in terms of skill ceiling due to his great aerials, odd floating speed and quick and powerful attacks. The rules of Smash are generally different for Yoshi, making him hard to pick up and play as well as hard to master.
That brought a tear to my eye. :)

El Cid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2277-7962-6585
Wow, I can't believe Falco is so high up. All he has that I can think of is bair spam, that cancel thing, chain throw, laser, and a very hard to land spike. I guess he deserves being right below Snake =\

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Wow, I can't believe Falco is so high up. All he has that I can think of is bair spam, that cancel thing, chain throw, laser, and a very hard to land spike. I guess he deserves being right below Snake =\
Chain throw into dair spike.
A good and easily spammable projectile.
Good dacus.
Loads of options from D-throw besides grab.
Not too hard to land kill moves.
Bread.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Edit, the Sequel: By the way, my guess is that his dair, something about his tipper uair, and Flame Choke tech chasing are all parts of him being higher than CF. And his power... deadly, despite his speed. Don't get mindgamed.
But how does that put him above CF, especially given that he is much slower?

Its not unlimited potential, but it is very high potential. Running Yoshi correctly has great potential, but the question is really "Is that potential going to be higher than what other characters have?" I don't think any character's potential has been fully explored in SSBB, or even nearly so.

.Marik

is a social misfit

Quoted for truth, wise one.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Still wondering why Wario is so high. I know he has a good recovery and an air grab but what else? As I recall, Wario has what..3 kill moves? Waft, uair and fsmash?
Why would you need lots of kill moves if the three you have are safe and easy to land.
Wario has:
Incredible aerial game
Amazing recovery
He's unpredictable
Weaving air attacks is easy and effective
He's just awesome...wah wah wario!

I don't know wario too well but w/e

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
With that insane Aerial control, he can jump and sheildstab someone, than float back before opponent can retaliate all in a single jump. Heck, he can bounce all over the place making it hard to hit him.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
With that insane Aerial control, he can jump and sheildstab someone, than float back before opponent can retaliate all in a single jump. Heck, he can bounce all over the place making it hard to hit him.
Unless they retaliate with a dash attack, dashing U smash or running grab depending on the character.. Also, that's assuming the person would use the shield instead of just hitting Wario since all of Wario's attacks are short range and easily beaten.

Why would you need lots of kill moves if the three you have are safe and easy to land.
Wario has:
Incredible aerial game
Amazing recovery
He's unpredictable
Weaving air attacks is easy and effective
He's just awesome...wah wah wario!

I don't know wario too well but w/e
Well no, they aren't very safe. Doesn't the waft put you into freefall? Also, his F smash leaves him open should it miss, and his U air is very predictable. It's hard to be unpredictable with only so few kill moves.

Wario's aerials are not amazing. His U air and D air are good, his F air isn't the best aerial around, his N air is average, and his B air can be strong but leaves him open. His aerials are not that good, but his aerial game is good because he is so agile.

But I do like Wario, though, don't get me wrong. I just don't see how he is so high on the tier list.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I've never played against a good ganondorf; why would he be better than CF, really? He seems kind of, well, sucky. At least most of CF's moveset doesn't give you enough time to make a sandwich, and Ganondorf's fast options seem limited to a couple of moves, which seems dangerous.
At least Ganon's moveset has some semblance of priority and range. Ganon actually has a bunch of autocancelled aerials that make him have decent speed, Gerudo is always going to keep him above CF anyways.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well no, they aren't very safe. Doesn't the waft put you into freefall?
...Not quite. You must be thinking of his Up-B. His Waft just sends him very high... if you even want to count that as a bad side to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom