• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That said I can understand Sonic players being upset by the typical ignorance of the SBR - not only in this miserably innacurate tier list but also in the weekly character discussion which once again proved that the SBR has a few scrubs too much among them. Sonic does have things going for him: he can punish extremely well, has an amazing dash grab, a nice chasing game with tech chase and upB and massive durability (midweight + pretty much perfect recovery). So putting Sonic that low is still innacurate of course but that doesn't mean that Sonic players should lose their minds about this issue and start mentioning all the characters Sonic should be above. I think saying Bowser > Sonic is accurate right now but that doesn't mean it'll stay like this.

Besides, there are bigger flaws on the tier list than this, especially since Sonic - whether you like it or not - will not be a major force in tournament play, unlike Olimar who remains horribly underrated, while G&W and Marth get more credit than they deserve (especially G&W...Marth is only a few spots too high...nut G&W has done nothin to prove he's top5 in like half a year). Not to mention the fact that MK and Snake have their own tiers - MK being two tiers above Falco or D3 is clearly wrong and not even the SBR can justify such an obvious mistake.

I marked the two sections I specifically will answer to in two different colours. I will not specifically defend the SBR just to defend them or because I <3 them so much or anything, as I see your points, but I will try to explain to you why the tier list looks like it is.

First of all, the green part:
The different sections of the tier list have been made to show how the different outcomes of the voting in the SBR. The fact that MK has his own tier does NOT make him better in anyway, or put him higher than he was on the old tier list. He just has his own tier. I disagree with this decision, too, but it's what it is, and the SBR obviously agreed on this. MK still is only 2 places above Falco and one place above Snake, he just has a clear line in between. That's all.

Red part:
You calling the SBR a bunch of ignorant scrubs who have no idea what they're talking about is, honestly said, pretty stupid. Sorry, in all respect of you Gheb, but that's not how it is. The SBR are (at least almost) all people who know what they're talking about.
The problem with this tier list is that it was made through democracy. Democracy is in most cases a flawed system, having people not educated in several matters voting on something they may not understand. In the terms of the SBR, people not having any idea of certain characters voting for their placement on the tier list.
This is the reason why, for example, Ness and Lucas still are tied, although so many people know that this isn't true.

Calling the list complete BS because people were forced to vote on something they don't know about is wrong, though. The SS-C Tiers are pretty accurate, below it's all bleh, but still not absolutely wrong.

Besides, a tier list cannot be wrong - it reflects metagame and potential, and as the current knowledge stands, this tier list is done well enough.
It could be far worse. M I RITE?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I was under the impression that the tier list was created based on the SBR member's personal opinions on their potential as a character more than their tournament placement. Even if that's not the case, the tier list was created by votes of inherently biased people and you can only expect they might have different opinions than you do. I'm quite sure it wasn't decided by compiling all the tournament results and placing each character where he has placed.

This makes sense for obvious reasons. Just because a monster player like Azen can do extraordinarily well with Lucario and even beat some of the highest level Metaknight players doesn't make him a better character than Metaknight. Besides just individual players, tournament results are skewed by the popularity of a character and I'm sure plenty of other minute details you could think of.

I really don't think tournament results make a good argument against this tier list. Just saying it's kind of a pointless argument.

Umby

Smash Master
I was under the impression that the tier list was created based on the SBR member's personal opinions on their potential as a character more than their tournament placement. Even if that's not the case, the tier list was created by votes of inherently biased people and you can only expect they might have different opinions than you do. I'm quite sure it wasn't decided by compiling all the tournament results and placing each character where he has placed.

This makes sense for obvious reasons. Just because a monster player like Azen can do extraordinarily well with Lucario and even beat some of the highest level Metaknight players doesn't make him a better character than Metaknight. Besides just individual players, tournament results are skewed by the popularity of a character and I'm sure plenty of other minute details you could think of.

I really don't think tournament results make a good argument against this tier list. Just saying it's kind of a pointless argument.
However (as I mentioned before), this process is easily subject to bias. I can't say that most of the SBR didn't put deep thought into their decisions, but I doubt that a number of them are inclined to fully analyze every single character to NOT have some kind of prejudice in some of their decisions.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
First of all, the green part:
The different sections of the tier list have been made to show how the different outcomes of the voting in the SBR. The fact that MK has his own tier does NOT make him better in anyway, or put him higher than he was on the old tier list. He just has his own tier. I disagree with this decision, too, but it's what it is, and the SBR obviously agreed on this. MK still is only 2 places above Falco and one place above Snake, he just has a clear line in between. That's all.
If MK is only 1 "place" above Snake why do they need to make a tier gap between them then? A tier gap exists for a reason. Either place them reasonably or leave them out completely. Just because he's apparently the best character doesn't mean he needs his own tier. Fox was almost always considered the best character in Melee and he never had his own tier. The gap between MK and Snake is minimal and so is the gap between Falco and MK. Yet there are tier gaps between all these characters?

Putting MK a tier above Snake is already big-time fail. But putting Snake another tier higher than Falco and D3 (and thus puttting MK two tiers higher than them, despite the fact that they obviouslybelong in the same tier) is even worse and does not show the state of the current Metagame in the slightest. Unfortunately, that's what the tier list is all about. Therefore it fails as such.

Red part:
You calling the SBR a bunch of ignorant scrubs who have no idea what they're talking about is, honestly said, pretty stupid. Sorry, in all respect of you Gheb, but that's not how it is. The SBR are (at least almost) all people who know what they're talking about.
Sorry but thinking that all SBR-people always say things that are right is absurd. Also I never called them "a bunch of ignorant scrubs". However the SBR-member also showed themselves differently. Just take a look at the Sonic character discussion! A random scrub would have found more accurate words than this. I have respect for some of them, either because they post good stuff (like EL or M2K do) or because they are great players (M2K, Chillin) but I wonder about some people, who are in the SBR-B and freely admit not even to go to tournaments....

I have respect for certain mebers of SBR but not for the SBR as a whole.

knowledge stands, this tier list is done well enough.
It could be far worse. M I RITE?
No, not "far". If it's supposed to reflects the current metagame, why is G&W the 5th best character? Why is Sonic the 7th worst character? Why is Pikachu higher than Kirby, DK, Zamus, Peach and Wolf, who not only place better than him but also have more than just one good player placing high? Why is Pokemon Trainer that low? Especially below Samus?

...the list goes on and that's just the more obvious stuff.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I still wonder why Samus is considered low tier... Well, F Tier... She's definitly better than everybody else in F Tier...

Maybe that's because she lacks really good results... But she also lacks mainers, so... :/

She may have some difficult match-ups against some top tiers (falco, snake)... But not as bad as the others in the same tier... She has everything for her, except killing potential (her DTilt, Charge Shot and Dair being still pretty good).

Smith

Smash Ace
I know I shouldn't say this with the lack of Smash knowledge I have, but as far as I know gheb, Fox took skill, Metaknight does not. If you have no skill with fox, you can lose to other characters, unlike Metaknight.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
LOLWUT? In that case, here is my extremely biased and baseless tier list. It's right because tier lists can't be wrong!
Sorry, I was already ahead with the thought than I was with the typing. I meant that tier lists CAN be wrong, or CANNOT be correct 100%.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I know I shouldn't say this with the lack of Smash knowledge I have, but as far as I know gheb, Fox took skill, Metaknight does not. If you have no skill with fox, you can lose to other characters, unlike Metaknight.
You don't need skill for any character in Brawl except - maybe - the Ice Climbers.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
If MK is only 1 "place" above Snake why do they need to make a tier gap between them then? A tier gap exists for a reason.
I would guess that some players in the SBR want MK banned. So if they vote MK as 1st and nobody 2nd then snake(whoever u think is best second) as 3rd place. That would give enough space to create a tier gap.

Imo, is horribly wrong.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No, not "far". If it's supposed to reflects the current metagame, why is G&W the 5th best character? Why is Sonic the 7th worst character? Why is Pikachu higher than Kirby, DK, Zamus, Peach and Wolf, who not only place better than him but also have more than just one good player placing high? Why is Pokemon Trainer that low? Especially below Samus?
Tournament Results =/= Tier List

You don't need skill for any character in Brawl except - maybe - the Ice Climbers.
ZSS is hard to play, too.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I laughed. Shadowlink just asked people to prove that Bowser is better. I'd personally try to oblige I were going to make a statement like that.
Shadowlink doesn't want people to "prove" it.

What constitutes a proof on these forums?

How about Shadowlink "proves" that Sonic is better. And no, tournament results aren't proof.

What most of the Sonic mains have been trying to convey is not that tournament results make Sonic good (he sucks, we don't try and deny that, or at least I don't), but that how it is always said that tournament results play a factor in how characters rank on the tier list, yet Sonic is getting ****ed when it comes time for consideration in that area. Yes, many factors play into it, but when Ankoku's tournament rankings thread is being brought up as often as Sirlin in a L2P thread, people are going to wonder why tournament rankings aren't carrying just a bit more weight, and hints at heavy bias within the SBR-B, something Sonic mains are tired of dealing with.
Translation: Roy is top tier!

Seriously, same thing.

Why does Sonic do poorly on tier lists? Because he isn't a very good character.

No, tournament results are NOT the be-all, end-all. Indeed, someone like DK will NEVER do all that well in a good tournament full of good players, because it is impossible to main DK against people who know how to play DeDeDe. Play, yes, but you won't run him more than 50%, and likely only on the order of 33%. Yet DK is a good character, and deserves a pretty high spot on the tier list.

So you'll always see some characters underrepresented.

Note that these forums are full of scrubs who do not understand competitive play and do not understand Brawl itself. So what the "forums" say is not particularly important.

What is important is what important people say. And indeed, Ankoku specifically points out in his tournament reports thing that only idiots think it is a tier list.

True, but it might very well say something about a character if there is a lack of usage of that character, considering the competitive nature of Smashers.
Not really, no.

A) Most smashers are scrubs. Yes, including smashers who go to tournaments.
B) There are tons of options, so no, it doesn't actually say anything. G&W isn't played as much as other really good characters because there are other options (MK, Snake, ect.). The cast is so large and there are a huge number of quite good characters, so a couple of them being greatly underplayed doesn't represent anything other than "people don't like that character", not "that character isn't good."

You can see it in Magic as well. Fairly often, the best deck is pretty complicated to play, and the most popular deck is a decently good deck (though sometimes it is an absolutely terrible deck) which is easy to play. For instance, a lot of people hate the card Dark Confidant, so won't use it, but it is an amazing card - its actually a great way to tell if someone is bad at Magic, as if they think that card is bad, they are bad at the game. For a while during Kami-Rav block, the best decks were Heartbeat, Izzetron/Eminent Domain, and Zoo, but the most commonly seen decks were the easier to play BW aggro decks (which, incidentally, were also much cheaper than zoo, which is probably why zoo was underplayed; the other two decks were simply more difficult to play). Its pretty common, really, and while Heartbeat was fairly prevalent (it was very cheap to construct), unless you were pretty good you couldn't do well with it and it wasn't nearly as common as a deck as good as it was, as cheap as it was otherwise would have been.

That makes no sense. You're now arguing that the enjoyment of playing one character is higher than that of playing another? If that were true, then people definitely would be playing more Bowser than Sonic. Hence your argument is flawed. You also can't truly say that there is a lack of Bowser play just because those players have "better mains." Half the Sonics also use Marth, Lucario, Pikachu or Ice Climbers, so no johns, buddy.
It does make sense if you actually read it and put some effort into understanding it. English reading comprehension is a valuable skill.

It was really more of a guess, but a simpler phrasing might be:

People who play Sonic are more likely to main Sonic than people who play Bowser are to main Bowser.

Wait, more people play Sonic, but people have more matchup experience vs Bowser than they do Sonic? Nice.
Given that an actual, competent Sonic has said the primary advantage Sonic has is that people haven't ever played against competent sonics...

A lot of people know how to play Bowser because he's dumb and funny. How many people didn't clown around with him in Melee? Seriously, now, folks, you can raise those hands :p

They are at least aware of how he works. They may not know how a good Bowser plays, but more likely than not they understand what his moveset does.

Now, Sonic. How many people even know how to play Sonic even remotely competently?

There are two things you have to understand about this. First off, if you take enough relevant tournament results of good, notable players and have them place in noteworthy tournaments, then that can say something relative about a character.
Not really, no. Again, as any Magic player will tell you...

I mean if (let's say 10 or 15) people as good as Azen or DSF picked up Sonic and started winning tournaments consistently, that's really going to say something.
That people like Sonic? Seriously, that doesn't make him a good character.

If 10 or 15 people as good as Azen or DSF picked up Yoshi and won tournaments with him, it wouldn't make him top tier.

What makes a character good is -actually being good-. Its not about "how often a character is being played"; that's the metagame.

The second thing is that tournament rankings should be somewhat influential.
Not really, no. I mean, you should look at them and understand why characters are doing as well as they're doing, but only an idiot constructs their tier list from tournament results.

Note how the final decision on the list was made by voting
Note that this is the only way to do it.

Of course there are sensible people that are considerate of the facts when voting for any given poll, but there's also going to be bias, especially in areas where the voter has a lack of knowledge. People kinda want that to balance out with the consideration of tournament results.
What makes you think they don't? Maybe Sonic would be below CF if he didn't have the results he does.

Is it really that much to ask for respect?
Yes, it is. It is attention whoring. Grow up.

I do not respect you, and no one ever should or has to respect anyone else.

All that can be asked for is tolerance, not acceptance, let alone respect.

Sonic is not played often either. At most, you will see 3 sonic mains in a tournament. That is not alot at all in comparison to other characters, one of which is among his worst matchups.
And at least one Sonic player has said this is why he does as well as he does, and that he's actually a sucky character but people don't know how to play against him because they never play against good ones. And given he's one of the better ones, well, I'm going to value his opinion over people who are whining about the tier list.

If you suck you will not place well. Even if you have 20 sonic mains in a 32 person tournament, if all 20 Sonic mains suck, they will not place.
Do the other 12 people suck as well though?

If Bowser is less popular than Sonic, then why would people have more experience playing against Bowser?
Because lots of people play him as a fun character rather than a competitive character.

I know this is a difficult concept for people to understand.

Really? So making a logical argument concerning the inconsistency of the tier list is whining?
Your argument is not logical, as has been pointed out. Tournament results are not tier lists, and there are lots of reasons why characters may be overrepresented. People have supplied a large number of them.

Your argument is "The tier list is not consistent with tournament results", but the problem is that it isn't a logical argument; you're claiming there should be a stronger correlation than there is, but there's no reason to expect that to be the case. Its an invalid argument because tier lists aren't tournament results, and as you yourself admit it you're admitting your own argument is not based in logic.

If MK is only 1 "place" above Snake why do they need to make a tier gap between them then? A tier gap exists for a reason. Either place them reasonably or leave them out completely. Just because he's apparently the best character doesn't mean he needs his own tier. Fox was almost always considered the best character in Melee and he never had his own tier. The gap between MK and Snake is minimal and so is the gap between Falco and MK. Yet there are tier gaps between all these characters?
Okay, seriously? No. Obviously you didn't read the list.

Look at MK. He's a 15. Look at Snake. He's a 13.9.

Look at Falco. He's a 13.03.

So you're looking at a 0.87 point gap between Snake and Falco, and a 1.1 gap between MK and Snake.

Between B and C is a 0.6 gap, smaller than either of those gaps.

So yes, its perfectly justified for those characters to have their own tiers, as they're regarded as considerably better than the rest of the cast.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I wonder just how much more people can continue to debate about a game...

Gets tiring to look at after a while.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I was already ahead with the thought than I was with the typing. I meant that tier lists CAN be wrong, or CANNOT be correct 100%.
OK, that's more like it. XD I should have known nobody would actually think that tier lists couldn't be wrong.

Sudai

Stuff here
9: d4ba (Metaknight)
13: Melee1 (ICs/Meta)

That's the two highest placing people that I know Espy beat. There's obviously one more but I can't remember if he beat La_Thien or DMG to get to the 5th spot. Beating either would be amazing though. Espy had some of the most watched fights at that tourney. XD

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
you don't need any skill yet the same people place at the top consistently. Weird how that works. I guess they just get really lucky. A lot.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Shadowlink doesn't want people to "prove" it.
Correct I want an explanation.
What constitutes a proof on these forums?/quote]
Typically data, matchups , etc etc
How about Shadowlink "proves" that Sonic is better. And no, tournament results aren't proof.
Of course not, we should all rely on something that is more subjective such as opinions on potential!

let alone what is it that prevents you from proving your own argument? From proving Bowser is better than Sonic overall?
There is no burden of proof on me because Bowser was never established factually to be better than Sonic.
Translation: Roy is top tier!

Seriously, same thing.

Why does Sonic do poorly on tier lists? Because he isn't a very good character.
Basically you just said, Sonic is low on the tier lists because he is a bad character.

IN short, thats circular logic, that proves nothing.
I am infallible because was programmed to be.
I know because I know.

I've brought up the reasoning, tournament results, matchup as well as potential capability of the character.

You and several other posters continously ignore those statements and then repeat yourselves.

Why do I have to prove Sonic to be a better character than Bowser, and yet Bowser should not be proven to be better? don't be silly.

You're strawmanning, no one is centering their arguments upon only the tournament results. The tournament results are part of it but not the only part of it.

What is being said is why is it okay for Bowser's results to be ignored and him be placed high, but then when it comes to SOnic, he must do better before he moves up, but when he does do better, has the results ignored.
Even though a character like Falco moved up partially due to his tournament results.

The point is that it is inconsistent in its reasoning anbd there are several other reasons why Sonic's capability can be considered better than several other characters who are above him, especially Samus and Bowser

stuff[/quote[]
No one cares if 90% of the world is idiotic. What matters is the 10% who are providing you a detailed argument. address the argument, there is no need to remind us that the majority of people in a tournament suck, or that the majority of people on a forum, are lacking in knowledge.

Not really, no.

A) Most smashers are scrubs. Yes, including smashers who go to tournaments.
Scrubs are people who limit themselves such as SOnic users refusing to use MK because he is top tier. You have extremely good scrubs.

Otherwise, you mean newbs.
B) There are tons of options, so no, it doesn't actually say anything. G&W isn't played as much as other really good characters because there are other options (MK, Snake, ect.). The cast is so large and there are a huge number of quite good characters, so a couple of them being greatly underplayed doesn't represent anything other than "people don't like that character", not "that character isn't good."
So what?
In spite of not being liked G&W is still up there.
Sonic isn't liked and he is up there.
Why does Bowser's few placings mean more than Sonic's placings?

There is absolutely no good reason to completely ignore tournament results because those tournament results, are amethod by which we can collect data on how a character does a thigh level play. It isn't perfect, things get skewed, but it does provide some means of how a character will do and aids in proving a character's capability.

So tell me, if Bowser is doing poorly, and hasn''t truly proven his capability, making much of his capability theory, why is it better than a character who does much better, and shows that capability to be more than just theory?

This adds to my argument earlier concerning the issue of sonic's potential.
On paper, he is lesser than Bowser currently. In play thuogh, that isn't how it works out, because his potential is geared towards immeasurable factors so much that it really cannot be ignored as it is now.
THe tournament results add thos this argument it isn't the basis of it.
mmk, you still see those decks doing tons better in sppite of being disliked.

People who play Sonic are more likely to main Sonic than people who play Bowser are to main Bowser.
Based on what?

Given that an actual, competent Sonic has said the primary advantage Sonic has is that people haven't ever played against competent sonics...
1 competent SOnic user is not the epitome of what goes on with Sonic tournament wise.
I played in a weeklie or two and two tournaments last year and all my opponents knew how to face Sonic.
Does this mean by what I saw this is true? no.

A lot of people know how to play Bowser because he's dumb and funny. How many people didn't clown around with him in Melee? Seriously, now, folks, you can raise those hands :p
*raises hand*
I never used Bowser in brawl or in melee.
When I faced one of the few competent Bowse rusers, I got rather surprised because I never saw his abilities put into play.
Did I lose?
No, I beat him in the set. I lost the initial match then won the other two.
My inexperience with the character did fctor in somewhat, but it doesn't mean I will lose. I can adapt, I can look at my opponent's behavior and adjust accordingly.

WHat are you basing this on?

They are at least aware of how he works. They may not know how a good Bowser plays, but more likely than not they understand what his moveset does.

Now, Sonic. How many people even know how to play Sonic even remotely competently?
A good number considering how often Sonic has been placing. It is IMPOSSIBLE for people to be so ignorant about a character that is slightly more popular than Bowser who is also doing better against notable players as well.

Your argument is flawed.
You have two characters whose popularity is not very different.
You have one character who is also placing higher, more often than the other.
Logically, people should ahve experience with the latter because he is doing better and more people encounter him as he goes up.

What makes a character good is -actually being good-. Its not about "how often a character is being played"; that's the metagame.
Wouldn't matte because in the long run, that character still does NOT do well in comparison to higher tiered characters.

Azen has placed higher, more consistently with high tier characters than low ones. So in time it does add up but it takes time.

Just a side note.
Not really, no. I mean, you should look at them and understand why characters are doing as well as they're doing, but only an idiot constructs their tier list from tournament results.
No one has. The tournament results are some of the evidence which is much bette than everyone going SOnic is bad.
Yeah good argument.

I am still awaiting the reasoning considering all of what you said can be applied for Bowser.
Note that this is the only way to do it.
Wrong. Tierlists have been constructed based on matchups (3s) or tournament results.
They never voted.

What makes you think they don't? Maybe Sonic would be below CF if he didn't have the results he does.
Characters metagame and capability, etc etc.

And at least one Sonic player has said this is why he does as well as he does, and that he's actually a sucky character but people don't know how to play against him because they never play against good ones. And given he's one of the better ones, well, I'm going to value his opinion over people who are whining about the tier list.
Basically you are saying that you value the opinion of someone who supports your statement but are not going to listen to anyone who opposes it in spite of the arguments provided?
I have yet to see you debate my argument let alone the fact that several Sonic users including myself provided reasoning for why Sonic is doing better than is dictated.

Do the other 12 people suck as well though?
This is assuming the other 12 people do not suck.

Because lots of people play him as a fun character rather than a competitive character.

I know this is a difficult concept for people to understand.
It is a difficult concept because you are basing it on something that is SUBJECTIVE.

I can make the exact claim for several other characters and I would still have absolutely no method of proving it.
I consider Bowser boring. I find Ganondorf the most entertaining.
my friend green ace finds Sonic fun though he mains Yoshi and finds WOlf to be boring.

OPther people think MK is the most fun out there.
AGain what basis do you have to support it?

Except that isn't my argument at all. I can see where you get lost because i mention it often but the tournament results are evidence for my arugment it is NOT the basis of my argument. I've mentioned this repeatedly in my response to you and you STILL manage to make the same error.
Why?

Okay, seriously? No. Obviously you didn't read the list.

Look at MK. He's a 15. Look at Snake. He's a 13.9.

Look at Falco. He's a 13.03.

So you're looking at a 0.87 point gap between Snake and Falco, and a 1.1 gap between MK and Snake.

Between B and C is a 0.6 gap, smaller than either of those gaps.

So yes, its perfectly justified for those characters to have their own tiers, as they're regarded as considerably better than the rest of the cast.
No it isn't, don't kid yourself.
Tier gaps represent where characters are clearly better than those below them.
Wolf is clearly better than Sonic, hence you have a tier gap.
You do not create a tier gap just because the score people gave MK and Snake are clearly different.
Tierlists are based on potential, not votes. The votes should be considered for numerical placing but should not be used as a method for creating tier gaps because it is flawed.
This is reflected tournament wise, matchup wise, gameplayy wise, etc etc.

not score wise.

killerSOS said:
Sonic is horrible. Everyone needs to get over him.
When they show how accurately how horrible he is, or at least do it in a manner that isn't inconsistent, then I think people will not mind.

Thats why this tier list is good for S-C but then fails the rest of the way, which is why the many tier gaps also fail.
There is no reason for MK and Snake to be separated by a tier gap. MK must show he is that much better than Snake to warrant such a thing.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
9: d4ba (Metaknight)
13: Melee1 (ICs/Meta)

That's the two highest placing people that I know Espy beat. There's obviously one more but I can't remember if he beat La_Thien or DMG to get to the 5th spot. Beating either would be amazing though. Espy had some of the most watched fights at that tourney. XD
After d4ba I played THieN, then barely lost to Razer.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Tier List! Yay!!! You dropped fox...

First of all, the top 3 need to be S tier. No meta tier, no snake tier. A MetaSnakeFalcotierthingy.
Second, olimar is too high. He has strengths but his weaknesses outweigh them. I play olimar myself and play my friend who's a really good olimar so I know what I'm saying.

How did fox drop? He's getting better, not worse.

I didn't expect link (My main) to get anywhere. 'None of you understand how to play him do you?' is what I thought before... but I still expect him higher.
There, that's my two cents.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Then don't look at it?

Don't complain about it and just log off and get fresh air >.<
Lol, good point.

But I'm here trying to get better with my Yoshi for an upcoming Tournament on Feb.21st.

So yeah, not an option.

And besides, it's f*cking cold out there dude, I live in Canada. :laugh:

Tenki

Smash Hero
The list was created by the SBR-B after much heated discussion. For the votes, we had members place the characters in groups from 1 to 15 (15 being the highest) and took the average score for each character. The split was decided by looking at the gaps. As the person supervising it, I’d like to thank all SBR-B members who contributed.
It's kind of hard to see because of the red, but this is how.

I assume that by 'looking at the gaps', they mean numerical gaps.

I have seen some interesting quotes though, from SBR-B members stating that the lower tiers does probably have the most inaccuracies, because they really don't know so much about the lower tiers.

Pertaining to Sonic specifically, there was some discussion between Sonic mains and SBR-B members where heads were turned for a bit (example: Sonic's ability/inability to deal with projectiles) and overall opinions changed after having played against a Sonic main, or something of that sort.

Either way, the few things that you can get out of that:
- Upper tiers will almost always be more accurate than the lower tiers. Of course, popularity of supposed upper tiers mean more exposure, so people know more about those characters.

- Admittance that lower tiers will be subject to change as they put more discussion/effort into learning more about the lower tiered characters.

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
I think what people are misunderstanding what the points mean. Metaknight having a 15/15 just means everyone in the SBR agreed that he was first. Snake having a 13.91/15 just means nearly everyone in the SBR agreed that he was second. The reason the next few in A tier are clumped together is because there was a disagreement on who should be 3-7th. The numbers mean nothing else. People are inferring that the SBR thinks that Metaknight is a league of his own, but all they said is that they agreed that Metaknight is first. So learn to read.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I think what people are misunderstanding what the points mean. Metaknight having a 15/15 just means everyone in the SBR agreed that he was first. Snake having a 13.91/15 just means nearly everyone in the SBR agreed that he was second. The reason the next few in A tier are clumped together is because there was a disagreement on who should be 3-7th. The numbers mean nothing else. People are inferring that the SBR thinks that Metaknight is a league of his own, but all they said is that they agreed that Metaknight is first. So learn to read.
*facepalm*
This is hardly what anyone on the last page said so I recommend taking your own advice.

but s0n1k ha5 t3h sp33D!!11
Is this better?

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Not on the last page, but the two or three before that people were saying that Metaknight and Snake don't deserve their own tiers, but according to the system that the SBR used they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom