• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Pokemon Trading and Battling Center (Friend Codes for Friend Safari here!)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No do tell this seems like a well- deserved rant actually?
I'm surprised, I thought everybody would just ignore me and write me off as bitter -- thank you for expressing an interest!

First of all, I just don't understand why it's a thing, from a gameplay perspective anyway. Half of the events they release are just Pokemon downloads. I've been pleased by the existence of examples like Shaymin and Darkrai, because then it's activated by an event but you still actually catch it and get your own OT on it and all. Yet for some reason I'm supposed to feel like my event Pokemon (the ones I haven't gotten from events, which is most of them since around the time Platinum came around because I got excessively lazy) are not as good because I used a website or an Action Replay to access/download mine instead of downloading them from Nintendo.

But one of my biggest problems is that this ruins replay value of the Pokemon games. I'm here playing them all as they come out for the most part, but if anybody tries to go back ten years from now and play through all of the games they will be physically incapable of completing the Pokedex and getting certain Pokemon without A) getting lucky on the internet and finding somebody who has them and is willing to trade, or B) hacking. Which, you know, God forbid anybody does that, even if there would be literally no other way of accomplishing that.

I pretty actively avoid codes/cheats/etc. but I have absolutely no guilt about doing that for event Pokemon, because I just think the whole system is arbitrary.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm surprised, I thought everybody would just ignore me and write me off as bitter -- thank you for expressing an interest!

First of all, I just don't understand why it's a thing, from a gameplay perspective anyway. Half of the events they release are just Pokemon downloads. I've been pleased by the existence of examples like Shaymin and Darkrai, because then it's activated by an event but you still actually catch it and get your own OT on it and all. Yet for some reason I'm supposed to feel like my event Pokemon (the ones I haven't gotten from events, which is most of them since around the time Platinum came around because I got excessively lazy) are not as good because I used a website or an Action Replay to access/download mine instead of downloading them from Nintendo.

But one of my biggest problems is that this ruins replay value of the Pokemon games. I'm here playing them all as they come out for the most part, but if anybody tries to go back ten years from now and play through all of the games they will be physically incapable of completing the Pokedex and getting certain Pokemon without A) getting lucky on the internet and finding somebody who has them and is willing to trade, or B) hacking. Which, you know, God forbid anybody does that, even if there would be literally no other way of accomplishing that.

I pretty actively avoid codes/cheats/etc. but I have absolutely no guilt about doing that for event Pokemon, because I just think the whole system is arbitrary.
Hmm I never thought of it like that but yeah I hear ya. If you tried to work on the games in the future it would be impossible without using a AR or something along those lines. I did it with a friend for Gen 3 cause we were stuck in Nebraska the middle of the Midwest and most special event pokes were in the Nintendo World Center in NYC or at a Toys R Us which we didn't knew nothing about till we were too late. Also I have no qualms for cheating as long you do it after you beat the game and have reasonable uses for it like completing the dex or trying to get all the items for battle which I tend to do cause you can't buy Leftovers and rare candies so you dont spend a eternity trying to train your pokes to LV 100. By doing this as well I also help supply my fellow pokemon player as well if they need to hell look at my name, it's pretty much a indication. But yeah thank you for the explanation sir.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So Impish Nature it's whatever. Celebi base stats are 100 across the board but the thing is does it have a physical movepool worth using?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Never heard of a physical Celebi. Maybe if I have good HP/Def I could do a Physical wall/Support set. So I guess its not awful, just not ideal.

Last edited:

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Same here got a neutral nature with 31 IV's in ATK, SP.ATK and Speed though

Also there are reports of people getting their save data corrupted with using Poke Bank sadly :(
http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/30637?tstart=0
was looking this over since I've just started downloading pokebank. it looks to me like they were being too hasty didn't open it up and start downloading the transporter from the e-shop via a link on the bank (for some reason it's not findable in the shop?) and messed with something in the proces process
edit I've seem to have gotten somewhat lucky with my Celebii Naive with 31 in atk, def, and sp atk

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That's one way to make someone potentially quit Pokemon; Offer/Give them Celebi and corrupt their data afterwards. Not cool.

@ Z'zgashi Z'zgashi You could attempt a Baton Pass set with Swords Dance or Substitute.
YEah I was looking over its oveset and was thinking a similar thing.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
@ BaPr BaPr - Sure thing. Anything would have sufficed, but I am lacking Iron Fist Chimchar, so that works. Just let me know when you're ready.
I have a four IV (HP Att Def Sp. Def) Chimchar with Jolly nature and HA. I'll be waiting online. Also, is it possible for me to breed stealth rock donphan and get stealth rock offspring?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
@ IsmaR IsmaR your strategy seemed to work better than what i had planned for M-banette (minus the DB). WoW supplied the constant damage needed to make it effective without making banette lose hp when using Ps. only problem was leftovers, infiltrators, M Khan and no real way to supply the final hit. if it had a tanky regenerator pokemon and a RS user it might just work..

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
If a greninja has max speed EV's IV's and timid nature, will it still outspeed a mega Medicham with max speed EV's IV's and Jolly nature if the greninja had sticky web affect it?

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
Max speed Timid Greninja afflicted by Sticky Web (Floor(377 * 0.66) = 251) would not outspeed max speed positive Jolly Mega Medicham (328).

It wouldn't even outspeed Adamant Medicham (259), let alone Jolly (284) if afflicted by Sticky Web.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Thanks, I'm not good at that kind of stuff. Also, my friend gave me two Arceus for a Kyurem and zekrom. Now I gotta trade one of them for a Darkrai so I can sketch dark void onto my smeargle.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Thanks, I'm not good at that kind of stuff. Also, my friend gave me two Arceus for a Kyurem and zekrom. Now I gotta trade one of them for a Darkrai so I can sketch dark void onto my smeargle.
can you trade (trade back) one of those Arceus with me so i can get its dex entry?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Sorry for the late reply, but if you're still on, I can do it right now. Also, if you have a Darkrai, we could trade, so I can sketch, then trade back afterwards.

Actually I can probably do it tomorrow. I'm gonna try to get as many shinies as I can so my friend can give me more Arceus.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I got a 4V Quiet Celebi (lacking Def and Speed), which works out nicely for me since I specialize in Trick Room.

@ Fluttershy Fluttershy - I always try to keep at least one attack move for this purpose. Priority (for obvious reasons) or Phantom Force (for the free turn of burn damage and forcing switches) work nicely, or alternatively run T-wave so you can outspeed/cripple most threats, and make surviving much more manageable.

@ BaPr BaPr - I apologize, as I was busy transferring all day/didn't see you online. I got your Phanpy (Adamant/3V), but as far as I know, Stealth Rock doesn't pass down by breeding. If you want, I can breed one specifically catered to your needs (as far as nature, moves and IVs go, at least).

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
@ IsmaR IsmaR If it isn't too much trouble, could you get an Impish nature with 31 IV in everything except Special attack with Ice shard/stealth rock? :) Hope I'm not asking for too much. Also @ Fluttershy Fluttershy I have a Darkrai and an Arceus if you need those.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Sorry for the late reply, but if you're still on, I can do it right now. Also, if you have a Darkrai, we could trade, so I can sketch, then trade back afterwards.

Actually I can probably do it tomorrow. I'm gonna try to get as many shinies as I can so my friend can give me more Arceus.
i wasn't on at the time with the time being 1 am I'll be on soon though.. i have darkrai in my platinum but i don't know where it is..
@ IsmaR IsmaR unfortunately it is impossible for banette to have both PF and PS at the same time. and it needs subs to keep it around with its low defenses Ttar was still able to one hit the sub with no power enhancing item, and a burn (not sure about nature but probably adamant) granted it didn't have a good nature for def.. m banette is having that 4 move syndrome.. and I'd like to have one of those phanpy with Ice shard, and (iirc) seed bomb.. @ BaPr BaPr and yes i also do need darkrai's entry..thanks (randomly chose one of my legendaries that I'd want to keep for gts trades for other legendaries..)

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Your welcome. Glad I could help out. I asked someone else to trade me (thinking it was you), and it took a lot of begging to get my arceus back. Then I had to check the friend safari and Battle Maison to make sure it was you. Did you use reveal glass on that Thundurus or did you get it like that?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
i used the dream radar to get it. and yeah my ign is Selena for x and i had sent a trade request before but called it off to check the gts..

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Could you take my mega stones for me? I'm gonna start the game over and transfer my pokemon to the bank.
Nevermind. My friend is helping me.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
3 IV(HP, SpAtt, SPD) Hasty Celebi. Not the greatest, but hey, I like it and it's definitely useful.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
are there pokemon that aren't required for the shiny charm? besides the three event legendaries for Kalos that haven't been released yet? i need jirachi, Mew, genesect, melloeta, and shaymin.. not sure if they are needed..

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Someone gave me a shiny Purrloin, Herdier, Snorunt, and Chimchar. This is just amazing! @ MewtwoMaster2002 MewtwoMaster2002 Does that mean event pokemon aren't needed?

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Not to brag but I got a Bold Celebi with 31s in SpA, SpD, and Spe.

I was pleased

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Someone gave me a shiny Purrloin, Herdier, Snorunt, and Chimchar. This is just amazing! @ MewtwoMaster2002 MewtwoMaster2002 Does that mean event pokemon aren't needed?
Yep. You just need the non-event Pokemon. You don't need Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, or the events for XY.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
What Pokemon are banned from Nintendo's rules? I assumed that since Kyurem-B is OU, I could use it online, but that is not the case. Also, I assume it's the same with how Mega Kangaskhan and Gengar are banned in Smogon's tier, but are probably not banned in Nintendo's rules (meaning I could bring a mega Kangaskhan to battle spot and it will let me).

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
What Pokemon are banned from Nintendo's rules? I assumed that since Kyurem-B is OU, I could use it online, but that is not the case. Also, I assume it's the same with how Mega Kangaskhan and Gengar are banned in Smogon's tier, but are probably not banned in Nintendo's rules (meaning I could bring a mega Kangaskhan to battle spot and it will let me).
all the main and event legendaries are banned, eggs, and most likely all pokemon that are illegal. all mega pokemon (besides m-mewtwo) are still viable but for the special one, only pokemon that weren't obtained by pokebank (same rules apply with the legendaries)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
All legendaries are banned and only Pokemon obtained in Kalos are eligible.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
gg @ ImaClubYou ImaClubYou i didn't want to paralyze shedinja with my last two being m banette and scarfed roserade. I've started creating another team with the current m banette. it has a harder time with fire types because of WoW. but it still can annoy them.. and here is a battle that i had with a passerby wwith the same banette.. HUZW-WWWW-WWW5-DTNM

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
@ Fluttershy Fluttershy that was a good game. Your Mega Banette caught me off guard. That was the first time I went against one of those.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
it's really good at trolling with protect, subs and pain split but it does have a bit of problems with fire types. might switch WoW for toxic since practically anything that will hit it will cause it to faint with its defenses and varied hp might also switch evs around.. it was a gg

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I almost ran out of fire punches, and since it was choice banded, I needed a good place to switch out. I got so happy to finally get rid of that thing just to see Klefki join in on the status fun. Mega Banette seems like a good trick room pokemon, since it has low speed and a high attack.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
lol i was wondering how many were left. when you switched to medicham i thought that you had run out of fire punches. it also makes a good trick room counter thanks to prankster. i need to get some pp ups to extend protect and subs duration

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'm surprised any Hydriegon can outspeed my Hasty Latios.

GG Rei, how come I can never beat you?

Top Bottom