• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Pokemon Trading and Battling Center (Friend Codes for Friend Safari here!)

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
@ IsmaR IsmaR apparently shuppet can't learn pain split by breeding anymore. I've placed a misdreavus with it but it's not passing it along edit i have to tutor it from 5 then wait for bank. imo if they can be taught it by a tutor then they should be able to be bred with it :/

Last edited:

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
@ IsmaR IsmaR apparently shuppet can't learn pain split by breeding anymore. I've placed a misdreavus with it but it's not passing it along
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Pain Split was ever an Egg move for Shuppet.

idk if Gen V changed that.

Looking for a male nidoran with it's hidden ability. Preferably modest
If you haven't found anyone to help you with that, I will. Give me a bit though as I will need to breed for it.

Edit: I got one now.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
no it doesn't it was a a couple pages back when IsmaR and i were taking about it and i thought IsmaR said that it needed to be bred onto it and i must have gotten it scrambled over time..

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
Regardless, I do agree with you considering they gave some strange egg moves to Pokemon that have no access to them without a parent transfered from Gen 5 (I.E., Drifloon w/ Tailwind, Scyther w/ Defog....)

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
actually looking back IsmaR did say egg move. and I'll be working on another team which is why i was trying to breed one with PS..

the-meximan

Smash Rookie
NNID
alex
3DS FC
4313-0624-6992
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Pain Split was ever an Egg move for Shuppet.

If you haven't found anyone to help you with that, I will. Give me a bit though as I will need to breed for it.

did you get an adamant one? if so i would like it

j-slo-3

Smash Cadet

sweet my friend code is 2294-4188-6770. what did you want for it?

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
Holy Egg chains.

Considering Pokebank is now out in North America and the realization of what seems to be a ridiculously long egg chain, I will ask:

Would anyone happen to have a:
a)Roggenrola/Geodude/Dwebble/Nosepass with Wide Guard
b)Paras with Wide Guard
c)Turtwig with Wide Guard
d)Mudkip (with or without Wide Guard) and Turtwig

I can't remember the last time teaching an egg move required breeding that spanned across 5 egg types.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I have a few of those I'll have to check and see if any of them have Wide Guard.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It just now occurred to me that I'm going to have a lot of issues with PokeBank due to my wonky internet that lasts no more than 5 minutes before dying. Sigh. If this had been released when it was supposed to, I would still be at home where I don't have these connection issues... /bitterness

Once the server stops being frozen or whatever because of my d/c, I'll go back to transferring and hopefully succeed. And I might actually finally be able to complete my Pokedex.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Same issues here. My net doesn't have as good range as it used to so I have to go up close to the router, and it's only worked once so far... I think the servers are flooded right now. I can get onto them, put Pokemon onto the bank, and then attempt to save, but then it gives a connection error and none of my Pokemon can go through. I'm glad that I could put the Pokemon I did on it at least. I've tried putting more on again 4-5 times with the same upload issue... Right now I'm either only going to put one box up at a time or wait a long time before I try again.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I've had no problems with Pokemon Bank so far. On another note, I found a shiny Zubat in a horde while EV training legendary Pokemon...I was able to catch it!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thankfully I've managed to bypass the issue to some extent and have transferred most of my Pokemon over.

The one issue I've faced is with Shaymin/Darkrai. The Member Card / Oak's Letter events were officially released, right? I have two of each that I'm trying to transfer, both of which I caught without the event, but otherwise obtained legitimately...but they won't transfer. Sigh. There goes transferring my awesome solo run Shaymin.

EDIT: I guess they were only distributed to Platinum, and I caught all of mine in my Pearl version. This is infinitely frustrating, particularly since I have literally EVERY other Pokemon in the dex. I'm going to have to deal with PokEdit tomorrow to get myself less legitimately obtained ones that -- ironically -- will actually pass the test.

(Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the concept of event Pokemon)

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I can't remember the last time teaching an egg move required breeding that spanned across 5 egg types.
I've done worse than that. I'll have it ready for you in no time now that I actually have box space.

Didn't actually get any transferring done, though...

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Thankfully I've managed to bypass the issue to some extent and have transferred most of my Pokemon over.

The one issue I've faced is with Shaymin/Darkrai. The Member Card / Oak's Letter events were officially released, right? I have two of each that I'm trying to transfer, both of which I caught without the event, but otherwise obtained legitimately...but they won't transfer. Sigh. There goes transferring my awesome solo run Shaymin.

EDIT: I guess they were only distributed to Platinum, and I caught all of mine in my Pearl version. This is infinitely frustrating, particularly since I have literally EVERY other Pokemon in the dex. I'm going to have to deal with PokEdit tomorrow to get myself less legitimately obtained ones that -- ironically -- will actually pass the test.

(Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the concept of event Pokemon)
No do tell this seems like a well- deserved rant actually?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
How bad was it, dare I ask?
[collapse="Bad"]I'll have to backtrack/jog my memory. My first was getting both Fake Out and Counter on Sneasel without Smeargle, as well as the only "other" way to get Ice Punch on a Sneasel in Gen IV (pre-Platinum obviously):

Abomasnow and Feraligatr (Monster)
Feraligatr and Delibird (Water 1)
Delibird and Lopunny/Sneasel (Ground)

And had to combine it with:

Lucario and Hariyama
Hariyama and Infernape
And finally Infernape and Sneasel

Smeargle is much easier, but I don't like it having to do the whole Imposter Ditto/Restraunt Double battles method AND relearn Sketch every time. And even then, this was all in Gen IV, with Everstone not guaranteeing nature and no way to guarantee IVs. You can imagine how boring that got. But it made my perfect Weavile that much sweeter.[/collapse]

I've also done Acid Armor Goomy (Muk > Shellos > Skrelp > Goomy), Toxic Spikes Koffing (Trubbish > Yamask > Koffing), and Metal Burst Rhyhorn (actually forgot all about it once I hatched a shiny one, lol)

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
IsmaR, you think you could trade me a Phanphy/Donphan with stealth rock and ice shard? I don't have much to trade for it, but I am currently breeding a Chimchar with iron fist if you are interested. I will be available over the weekend. :)

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
Wait, combine them? Am I missing something? Although I don't blame you for not wanting to drop 48-96 BP on Counter/Ice Punch (Under the assumption that you owned FR/LG/Emerald).

I think it goes without saying that breeding for perfect IVs/Nature was a chore prior to VI unless you knew how to RNG abuse. I personally never liked the idea of messing with my time settings for the sake of getting the perfect Pokemon (among other things that made it overall feel like a chore to me...)

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As in breeding them together to get the perfect child with all those moves. And I've never done anything more than soft reset.

I lost all my 3rd Gen stuff ages ago, including my GCN Link cable to get stuff from the 3D games, and infinite Jirachi's.

@ BaPr BaPr - Sure thing. Anything would have sufficed, but I am lacking Iron Fist Chimchar, so that works. Just let me know when you're ready.

Top Bottom