• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Not gonna lie WEMP, even after editing it, it still sounds a bit pretentious. People were just making jokes lol.

It's like going to a tourney, playing someone, getting 4 stocked, and saying you got *****. Did you get *****? No, not at all. Everyone knows that **** is a serious and terrible crime, and yes, they are throwing around the word in situations it doesn't belong in. That doesn't mean they believe that getting 4 stocked is the equivalent of actual sexual assault.

Does it "cheapen" the word? Yes, but if that's your point then you should have focused on that, not on people actually believing it to technically be genocide.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I instantly regret speaking ( typing ). I know i sounded pretentious, does genocide not deserve a serious enough tone to sound that way? I really don't want to go back and forth I was honestly just annoyed that the joke ( which was not 'I am using genocide in a non-literal sense!' as you made it seem in your post, following with a smash related comparison, +400 awesome points, haha ) was the tired 'it's cool to rip on america' thing. well.... maybe not even that, as i just found lakes funny ( btw lake you forgot about infected blankets! ), I am just an old grumpy man who's only joy ( aside from smash ) is ranting about the semantics ( read as: definition ) of words. I just don't think humanity as a whole has been given much credit as it deserves on the subject of death dealing, the romans were doing that **** way before it was cool ( america was trying to impress rome, maybe get lucky, unfortunetly Alexander the Great got with rome for the prom, which the early soviet union thought was lulzy, while the third reich was betting with the Hutu who could kill more people in 100 days (( germany won, Hutu could only kill 500,000 people in that time frame during the Rwandan Genocide))meanwhile the Srebrenica Genocide was alone at the dance as they only killed 8,000 people. ).

On a much different note ( and one i would rather stay on ) for how much i practice falco, i still suck with him. I can not figure out why, Link ruined me forever.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
**** double post, cabc, youre an artist right??? ( i think it was you ) i am working on something, and you said you would help give me tips ( if it was you ) a while ago, does that still hold up?

aaaaand you offline :( , hope i didn't anger you ( or anyone, i was only speaking.. ). I did agree with the gluttony part, does that count? though gluttony for NO ****ING REASON seems more on mark to me, I mean people are thankful for whatever little reasons they have, only once a year?

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
WEMP, I do the artwork. Send me your stuff (and I'll give you the business =P ).

EDIT: Oh by the way, enjoy the holiday Pittsburgh. I have come down with a massive cold, so I'm going to be bumming around all weekend instead of enjoying Smashfests like the rest of you.

A-Laon

Smash Master
BUNNIES! FLOWERS! RAINBOWS! KITTENS! RAYS OF GOLDEN SUNSHINE ON A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Hopefully that chain of irresistably pleasant images provided some much-needed redemption for any of my fellow smashboards viewers who may have been as blindsided by the sudden onset of bitter disconsolation in this thread as I was.

And if anybody can think of a better way of wording my above statement, please let me know, because it has been bugging me since the moment I first typed it.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I don't understand how your grasp of the english language is as strong as it is, unless aaron and jeff have lied about your age and you are actually a language professor. You could have shortened it to:

Who the **** cares, shut up, and be happy.

not as eloquent, but I would have laughed.

@skyshroud i will send it in a few minutes :B

in case anyone else is interested in seeing http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/theunseencasualtie/idk1.jpg?t=1259293844

Engel

Smash Journeyman
BUNNIES! FLOWERS! RAINBOWS! KITTENS! RAYS OF GOLDEN SUNSHINE ON A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Hopefully that chain of irresistably pleasant images provided some much-needed redemption for any of my fellow smashboards viewers who may have been as blindsighted by the sudden onset of bitter disconsolation in this thread as I was.

And if anybody can think of a better way of wording my above statement, please let me know, because it has been bugging me since the moment I first typed it.

blindsighted --> blindsided --> shined blind

A-Laon

Smash Master
blindsighted --> blindsided --> shined blind
As I went onto dictionary.com a moment ago and typed in "blindsighted" to find no results, being redirected to the proper term "blindsided," a little piece of my perfect world shattered.

I cannot believe I've been misusing that term for all these years.

I played Brawl with my 12 year old niece today. She took my first stock with a Smash Ball and then immediately wasted my second one with that instant-kill Kirby item.

Smash. Saturday. SOMEONE. DRIVE ME. I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
well i have no clue whats going on saturday, but i will most likely be in the butler area at some point to meet up with aaron, sooooooo?. o ****, this saturday is DnD night, pure awesome.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
WEMP: That's really good! I don't know what kind of advice you're looking for though. As far as basic structure and whatnot is concerned, there's not really anything to pick on, other than the one eyebrow being slightly too high (left one, our left) and the one cheek displaying much more gaunt than the other. You're quite talented though, and certainly much better at drawing humanoids than I am.

If you want more advice (shading or whatever), just let me know.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
thank you! i know the eye brow just started bugging me, i hadn't noticed that till then. Also thank you for the advice on the cheek, i can see that ;P

as for shading, I hate shading with tablets ( digital art ), i am so used to cross hatching with like 5 different pencils on paper, but cross hatching looks horrible on GIMP, so ive just been hatching/toning/whatever it is called. lol.

i could always get shading tips though, i love to hear peoples techniques!

TheLake

Smash Master
Hi rose!

Hi Wemp!

Hello allan *gives a flirtatious wink*

Hiya everyone!

HIYA SPRITZAH!

I like to singa...bout the moon-a and the june-a and the spring-a!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Speaking of pretentious, who wants to get ***** tomorrow?
I'll be mentally ***** tomorrow in having to deal with hordes of mindless shoppers with the fuse shorter than my attention span.

There will be millions of them everywhere. It'll almost be like a zombie invasion with just as much danger, but lack of brain eating.

Save me

AprilShaw

aka Logan
lol WEMP I wasn't mad at you. Just thought you were taking the joke a little too seriously xP

I don't usually get upset over stuff like that, unless I'm just having a bad day. The reason I logged was to go play smash with Skip and Liz for a bit lol

Oh and make a new D&D character because Avengers are dumb. I'm thinking Invoker or Wizard, who all is good at control? It seems the most fun lol

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Argh, I'm suffering from Smash withdrawal thanks to the emergency pickup from RoM 2. I don't have a GC/Wii here and I've been dying to actually get down to business and practice since the tourney.

It's gonna be a lot of work to fix everything I do wrong though--playing by myself for the better part of two years, and not doing much properly, has sort of embedded some terrible habits into my muscle memory. Like hitting L as soon as I fastfall any aerial ever.

At least once I get all that sorted out, I'll be good to go :D

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
thank you! i know the eye brow just started bugging me, i hadn't noticed that till then. Also thank you for the advice on the cheek, i can see that ;P

as for shading, I hate shading with tablets ( digital art ), i am so used to cross hatching with like 5 different pencils on paper, but cross hatching looks horrible on GIMP, so ive just been hatching/toning/whatever it is called. lol.

i could always get shading tips though, i love to hear peoples techniques!
The only things I really try to keep in mind when I shade are the inherent color of the object (i.e. that a shadow on yellow is generally not as dark as a shadow on green, etc.) and that lines really don't exist, as it's really easy to get trapped into putting them where they don't belong.

If you haven't read Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain (new version), I'd recommend it.

TheLake

Smash Master
Poor jacob...gary busey syndrom is nothing to laugh about...or cry about!

Steve only one from butler has been chosen to compete for you

and hes "down" with the sickness. look "up" for a clue.

"How happy are the blameless vessels lot"
"The world forgetting, by the world forgot"
"Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"
"Each prayer requests, each wish resigned"

A-Laon

Smash Master
I just got to erase the oldest name on my blacklist: Morathli, a nelf feral druid that ganked my warrior in wintergrasp back in January.

He thought I didn't see him coming up behind me during my argent dailies. The poor, poor fool.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I never remembered why I blisted people on FFXI a week after I blisted them. That's impressive Alan.

Also... Wizard is way more fun than Avenger =) but our team is Paladin, Wizard, and Cleric. No strikers xD

AprilShaw

aka Logan
4th edition is all we have available lol.

It's fun, our DM just needs to get a bit more creative. Too bad he's going back to Ohio on Sunday so we can't play anymore til Christmas break xD

Edit: To the people coming over tomorrow, the address is 34 Castle Shannon Blvd, 15228. It's next to the Mt. Lebanon Public Library and across the street from the Mellon middle school field. If you give me a text or a call when you're close to any of those I'll come out and you'll see me, it's not hard to find. Just be warned that 1) you can't really see the number from the street and 2) you should NOT be on Washington road.

Try to show up after 3, but if that's not convenient let me know ahead of time lol.

Is anyone from Butler coming? *looks at you Alan*. I want more Falco dittos o_o;

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
4th edition is all we have available lol.

It's fun, our DM just needs to get a bit more creative. Too bad he's going back to Ohio on Sunday so we can't play anymore til Christmas break xD

Edit: To the people coming over tomorrow, the address is 34 Castle Shannon Blvd, 15228. It's next to the Mt. Lebanon Public Library and across the street from the Mellon middle school field. If you give me a text or a call when you're close to any of those I'll come out and you'll see me, it's not hard to find. Just be warned that 1) you can't really see the number from the street and 2) you should NOT be on Washington road.

Try to show up after 3, but if that's not convenient let me know ahead of time lol.

Is anyone from Butler coming? *looks at you Alan*. I want more Falco dittos o_o;
I'll be there
in spirit

Nakamaru

Smash Master
"Aaron"

Nah alans rolling with OUR crew tommorow.

We smashin at a dear friends abode alll day dawwgs.

Avengers = cool concept...horribly unfun to play as (except persist or whatever its called, soo fun) Oh and declaring a target before every encounter is manly as all hell.

Wardens are incredible though...frost form is sooo good!

I like 4th edition because of shifters *growls*

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
NAka i past their test but in the end i wouldnt get hired cuz i wouldnt cut my hair lol

And what!!! **** your smashing do it in cleveland! haha hows your car man? It must suck not being to drive Atm :(

Btw I broke up with Susan and im moving out so please get her ipod and tv asap i dont wanna be *****ed at about it anymore lol

takieddine

Smash Master
I'll be there logan, do you know what bus i should take to get close to your house? I'm coming from downtown.

I get off work at 5 pm so ill be there later.

Top Bottom