• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I'm glad they brought back "Figure it Out," but the new secret slime actions are terrible. Most of them are not actions at all. They are the opposite of actions. I mean, I know it's good to give kids prizes and make shows silly and fun for the little ones, but they are totally neglecting the spirit of the secret slime action. The fun is in watching in suspense, wondering if someone is going to do it. Very rarely did they use auto-actions in the original.

It's to the point where I'm seriously considering writing an angry letter or making a phone call. I have a violent reaction every time I see something like "wearing a jumpsuit" or "being on iCarly."

Today was the first time I saw two real actions that the host didn't provoke them to perform. It felt great.

The talents are pretty good. The host is ... ok to whatever. The "Word of Honor" I have no opinion about.

I liked the old board better, and it's tough to beat Susanne Somers.

The slime zone doesn't really work. The panelists have to stand up and throw slime to get any on them. If it was just a zone where you could get slimed, that would be fun.

Some of the celebrities are insufferable. I had no idea before today that I wanted to punch Jennete McCurdy in the head so badly. Hey, moron, how about instead of spazzing out for almost the entire round you just pass? Flippin moron.

jbro

Smash Ace
Yeah, it was Summer Sanders. She was #1 biddy.

And they did the "automatic" slime actions like "wearing a jumpsuit" occasionally on the old show, but it was rare and usually to troll Danny Tamberelli. He made that show.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Ah, yes. Thanks for that. I wasn't 100% sure, but didn't want to go look it up. Also, isn't Marc Summers the host of Double Dare? What a series of confusing names.

Yo, you are so right about Danny Tamberelli. My best memory of the original show was when Summer Sanders was telling him he had something on his face, trying to get him to perform the secret slime action. Danny was wise to it though and played coy, but ultimately gave the people a show and did it.

The talents are actually significantly better this time around. I remember a kid from the original whose secret was "bites cheese into the shape of states" and one whose was "can say words or sentences backwards." When asked demonstrate, he couldn't even do it. They had a girl do something similar, but she was actually impressive because she did it correctly and immediately.

I am all over it next week, though. It's Watch & Win week. I could be a guest panelist! I will show those new school scrubs how it's done. I don't know about you, but it annoys the hell out of me when people treat a competitive game for adults like "Figure it Out" like some kind of children's game.

First of all, we're here to win. Not to have fun and be silly and make guesses about monkeys and cheese. We're here to figure out a child's secret and deny him or her a prize. So eyes on the target.

First two questions are always "Did you invent something?" and "Are you a champion?" 85% of the time you will get a word right there.

DO NOT blitz questions! Complete one question and shut up. If you trail on and on in an effort to reveal a word, you will confuse the child and use up valuable time.

Continue asking questions during the clues. We only have 45 or 60 seconds in around, and when you sit there with your **** in your hand for 5 seconds while waiting for the clue, you're being a scrub.

If the clue is in the box, bite the bullet and open it quickly. Expect something to shoot at your face and be prepared to catch.

When you reveal a word and the host tries to read off the entire updated It Board, talk over him. Jeff is not your friend. He is in league with the child and trying to use up your guessing time.

Remain perfectly still with your arms at your side and without blinking, and don't say anything unless it's absolutely necessary. When we figure out this child's secret, we want to humiliate him by denying him a prize, sliming him, and remaining slime-free ourselves. Keep your cool if ***** by auto-actions.

That's about what I would say to my fellow panelists if selected. I wonder if they've tried getting Kenan on? I think he would do it. Me and Kenan would train on a child.

Tezushi

Smash Rookie
Awesome, you guys are incredible for having organized Smash scenes in Pittsburgh!! This stuff is getting me really involved/ provoked actually. I will see if we can make it to the CMU Smash Extravaganza on August 25th. EXTRAVAGANZA?! SAY WHAT? Uhhh, not to worry, we will attempt to be there on time this time!

Renth

Smash Hero
Awesome, you guys are incredible for having organized Smash scenes in Pittsburgh!! This stuff is getting me really involved/ provoked actually. I will see if we can make it to the CMU Smash Extravaganza on August 25th. EXTRAVAGANZA?! SAY WHAT? Uhhh, not to worry, we will attempt to be there on time this time!
YOU LIVE IN JOHNSTOWN..!??!

Who are you and why do you not know me.

edit: if you play melee why are we not playing right now, i live roughly 30 mins away.

Renth

Smash Hero
See if this guy is going, and hitch a ride with him! GOGO RENTH!:reverse::cool::woman::scared::embarrass::bee::awesome::glare::urg::c;):):(:mad:
I would love to if he'd take me. I left him a message I want to get together with them immediately. I may sound excited and if I start jumping for joy too soon I might scare the with my interest. Thing is, I love smash and If people play around me newer or old school I think I can be great asset to them :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrhcYnBWnO4

you guys should get in to HoN :)

Renth

Smash Hero
HoN is old news. DOTA2 is where it's at now. Been reading up on how to play so I won't look like a total scrub in queue.

:phone:
Dota2 is super slow, super boring.

Play HoN it looks nice, plays nice takes skill.

won't make you fall asleep

Vyke

Smash Champion
It's dying, get over it. HoN's big mistake was how terribly their PR department was and losing the only good hero designer they had. Dey graspin' at claws to stay alive (comparatively to League and Dota, anyway.)

Renth

Smash Hero
It's dying, get over it. HoN's big mistake was how terribly their PR department was and losing the only good hero designer they had. Dey graspin' at claws to stay alive (comparatively to League and Dota, anyway.)
Okay, melee has been dying for the past 5+ years? problem I don't think so.

its 5:30 a.m. right now there are 103k players on at the moment, the game is not dying. In all the moba games this is the only one thats actually fun. I have dota2, I have LoL. They are slow and boring in comparison.

I like HoN and I will always encourage more people to play it.

:embarrass:

Vyke

Smash Champion
Of course it's a problem. I mean, it's going pretty strong considering it's age. But I don't really find it worth it to travel hours away, spending entirely too much money on something that could easily be local with competition to boot because of how good a game it is.

HoN's community by far the worst out of the three. It doesn't look fun to watch compared to the other two, it's a freakin' mess and doesn't translate well to viewership. But it WANTS to be that way, because some people think elitism is cool. I guess it's the whole dark and 'edgy' theme it has that gradeschoolers love.

It's fine that you like HoN, I won't argue against your opinion to love it. I just don't think you'll find a lot of peeps to play it with considering most of us play League or Dota, mostly both. I'd play HoN if my friends played it.

But none of them do... (yet!)

Cave Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Yooooo I have decided that I NEED to start driving to Pittsburgh and smashing with you guys during the week, even if it means that I show up and play for an hour and a half and then leave because I have work early the next morning :/ PM me/post your number if you want to be one of the people I call to play whenever I'm heading up.

Top Bottom