• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Ambix

Smash Ace
Every Friday, and from 2pm-ish onward. Its 1 bus ride away, the place is downtown.

The actual number is probably somewhere around 30-40. Regulars are around 10-15.
Never needed to take public transportation before.

The south is pretty wide open and there aren't any places my car can't get to.

1 bus ride is roughly what? 20 minutes maybe?

If you're talking about the Mr. Washington i think you're talking about then you'll be really close to duquense. Weeklies still happen at the same place they've always happened luckily enough.

There are a bunch that live in pittsburgh due to school, and about 12 of us usually show up for smashing on fridays.

You're more than welcome to come smash with us.
Appreciate it~

You guys live on campus?

EDIT:

It's apparently about half a mile from the liberty bridge if that means anything.

takieddine

Smash Master
The only reason i'd suggest a bus is because parking is limited, unless you plan to stay late.

This is because the on-campus garage is free after a certain time when your car gets out. All other parking is by permit/meter, and is not very practical.

And its about 10-15 mins away by car, based on traffic.

Ambix

Smash Ace
The only reason i'd suggest a bus is because parking is limited, unless you plan to stay late.

This is because the on-campus garage is free after a certain time when your car gets out. All other parking is by permit/meter, and is not very practical.

And its about 10-15 mins away by car, based on traffic.
What time does parking become free and how much is it if you leave early?

EDIT:

I should be moved in on the 26th so i'll probably be at the one on the 28th.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
What time does parking become free and how much is it if you leave early?

EDIT:

I should be moved in on the 26th so i'll probably be at the one on the 28th.
We were just discussing this. Duquesne is in downtown Pittsburgh roughly a 10-15 minute drive from MT. Washington. You would come down Mt. Washington then cross the Liberty Bridge and you'd almost be there save a few turns here and there. As for parking, I just suggested to Taki on the last page that there is a parking lot on Duquesne's campus I use that is on Forbes Ave (the same major road that Duquesne is on). It is on the left hand side immediately after the walking bridge that goes over Forbes Avenue with the Duquesne insignia on it, there are 2 of these on this street make sure you are looking for the one with the Duq insignia (this may seem obscure to you know, but you will understand when you see it). I park there every week after 4pm and I have yet to get ticketed, as it is practically not used at that time, unless there is a Penguin game or a Duq Basketball game. From that lot there is a rather tall thin building right next to it that the walking bridge is connected to, you can access that building from the street level and ride an elevator up to the fifth floor, at which point you will walk across the skywalk you saw from street level. After crossing this you will continue to walk straight towards the central building you see infront of you, which is the Duquesne Union building (if you get confused/lost just ask someone where the union is, they will know whats up). Once in the Union we meet on the first floor of that building, so you will need to catch an elevator or walk downstairs as the first floor is not accessible from the campus. If you take an elevator the Nitespot (where we play) will be on your left, if you take the stairs it will be on the right. I hope this helped, I am looking forward to playing your Peach now :D, see you the 28th hopefully.

If you have any other questions just post.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If you plan to stay past 12 (12:30 to be safe) then you can park in forbes garage. It always has parking regardless of what sports events are going on, and it right next to the building we play in. If nothing else, just ask for some numbers and give any of us a call when you find a place to park and we'll come get ya.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
room's a mess
work on the desk
never feel awake no matter
how much i rest

can't ever win
depression settles in
don't even move my head so i can
look up again

bad dreams asleep
bad days awake
people look at me but i can't
see face to face
PPoS .

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I actually really liked the part where you showed the crowd with Armada jumping up and yelling, lol

Other than that, those combos have been used a million times sadly

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
alright playas.. heres the deal with pound and the hotel.
im gonna book a 4 person room for saturday and sunday night.
my dad is gonna pay for the first night and everyone else is gonna split the second night.
so far it looks like..
me
my dad (olny staying one night as of now)
johny (only staying one night as of now)
lon (if he can get the money to reg)
taki
john boney

anyone else trying to hop on this? if every wants to cram its all cool with us but there are only two beds.
get at me. im booking the room later so let me know whats up.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
If there's more people than that, I'd be willing to start a second room.

Time is of the essence, so say one way or the other.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
just fyi it will be very strict on no more than 4 people per room o_O

but not as strict on buying a room for 2 people and 4 people staying in it.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Actually I don't. In this case I chose to manually view your blocked post because I started something.

And wtf, do you lurk every thread as hotel police?

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
just fyi it will be very strict on no more than 4 people per room o_O

but not as strict on buying a room for 2 people and 4 people staying in it.
Isn't that the same cost? if not then d@mn I would have done that deal.

Were people gonna play today? I know its kinda late but I just woke up. We could get some smash hours in at my place if there's enough interest? I know everybody has stuff to do tomorrow, but I was thinking 6-midnight is solid.

Any takers? 724-681-2527

My phone fell into a cup of pop while I was playing smash a month ago, so I lost people's numbers

Top Bottom