• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

TheLake

Smash Master
Yeah HE is (;

Hitmonlee trained rock lee actually

Rock lee then taught hitmonchan and was ashamed of what he created. In his shame tangela was born and hatred was born and sorrow filled the land... *Continues along with alans post count*

I wanna play blazblue! I watched some videos and I have an idea who i want to play. Dissidia is suposed to rock to the fans (Like any final fantasy that isnt mainstream now adays *sigh* ><)

The epic sephy kefiepoo showdown is at hand mr.nakamaru *glares*

A-Laon

Smash Master
Some friends of mine may come to Duquesne this Friday!

I.e. just save a spot for me.

-----------

In regards to my avatar:

Although you would be Chasing Shadows to believe that I'd prefer this Woman From Tokyo over roy, I must Hush my Strange Ways and concede that such a Strange Kind of Woman will surely have my Child In Time. So while she may not lead us Into The Fire (which Might Just Take Your Life) her avatar can still Loosen My Strings. Really though, I just like the avatar for its use of Deep Purple.

Anonalbe

Smash Cadet
haha I'll most likely show up to this one. miss you guys! and I'll see what I can do about bringing some new blood in. can't believe I'm actually on smashboards for once

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Mr. Lake. The showdown you speak of will be more of a slaughter.

And btw, **** sephiroth. Playing through Cecil's story, and im stuck on his fight. Its not required for the story, but the fact they put it in front of me as an option means i must beat him... I must.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Double post for glory.

I did it. I ****ing did it. I have tried for so many years but perpetually the opportunity eluded me. Today it was clear. My time to strike was at hand. I fired the shot heard round the world by doing no more than lifting a little plastic figurine and setting it back down again.

Cower in the wake of my presence, mere mortals. On this day, I checkmated with a Knight.

A-Laon

Smash Master
This thread is mainly just the horse-around-and-bull**** thread of the area's Melee scene. I'm sorry to say you probably won't be finding many (if any) prospective Brawlers in here.

I do believe there was some "Brawlers rise up!!1"-esque thread created not too long ago in order to unite Brawl players of the Pittsburgh area, so give the forum a quick browse. It will be far more fruitful than attempting to extract any Brawl potential out of these hallowed pages.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Ah thank you. I appreciate your answer and suggestion. I will vention off then. Have fun in Combo City aka Melee :bee: and only eleven posts away A-Laon!

TheLake

Smash Master
Ill play with you Mr.fanatic

Maybe its my love for ivy or the constant need to make new friends ill brawl ya up

D20

Smash Lord
Phil! Bring lots of CMU kids! However, don't bring any that have the swine flu.

Taki! Where have you been? Also, your phone doesn't seem to be working. New number?

A-Laon

Smash Master
So, what's the deal? Who's showing up tomorrow? What time?

Who's gonna be my ride *****? When should I be ready / wake up?

How sexy is my post count looking?

Who wants to get *****?

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Hey guys. It's Logan... I uhh, forgot my smashboards info & the info to my old email <.< so new account ftw haha.

Looks like people are still playing on Fridays which is pretty epic. I'm at Pitt now, all moved in, so I'll be sure to stop by when I can if I'm still wanted :p

Sadly I'm pretty much terrible now. Haven't been playing competitively in a loooooooong time hahaha.

Can't make it tomorrow but next week probably. Also, if anyone plays other fighters, I've got Blazblue for PS3. Loving it so if anyone's interested I'll bring it along xD. Is Tim gone for good or is he still around? Haven't talked to him for awhile but he was interested in BB lol

AprilShaw

aka Logan
When I go it'll be after 5:00 for sure.

My schedule sucks, I have one class on Fridays, and it's from 4 to 5. Then the other days are packed full -_-

D20

Smash Lord
Skip class?

Those of you that are coming this Friday, please bring an ID (state or school) if you have one. I doubt it will be an issue if you don't have one, but I'd like to minimize problems.

If Butler could bring an extra Wii... that would be awesome. TSK/Evan, can you bring a copy of Melee and a memory card?

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just moved into Pitt as well (Logan and I are on the same floor, so I finally have someone to teach me Smash!). I'm in the same spot that I can't make it this Friday though, but I'll try to get there for the rest. I think I have a Friday class from like 1-2, but whatever. I'm pretty terrible, but that's what practice is for, right?

EDIT: Logan, was that you who left your number at my door, or was it just some random person?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
rob and you were worried...........

EC Nationals Presents: *Pound* 4 Jan 16-18th. Aniolas+Armada confirmed! Here we go..
EC Nationals Presents: *Pound* 4 Jan 16-18th. Aniolas+Armada confirmed! Here we go..
EC Nationals Presents: *Pound* 4 Jan 16-18th. Aniolas+Armada confirmed! Here we go.. EC Nationals Presents: *Pound* 4 Jan 16-18th. Aniolas+Armada confirmed! Here we go.. EC Nationals Presents: *Pound* 4 Jan 16-18th. Aniolas+Armada confirmed! Here we go.. EC Nationals Presents: *Pound* 4 Jan 16-18th. Aniolas+Armada confirmed! Here we go.. EC Nationals Presents: *Pound* 4 Jan 16-18th. Aniolas+Armada confirmed! Here we go.. EC Nationals Presents: *Pound* 4 Jan 16-18th. Aniolas+Armada confirmed! Here we go..

D20

Smash Lord
/convinced

Good games to everyone that came out to Duquesne today! We had about 10-12 people at our peak hours, and I want that trend to continue in the coming weeks. If you can bring a Wii next time, please do. I hope the new guys enjoyed their stay and will be back for more in the future.

soap

Smash Hero
/convinced

Good games to everyone that came out to Duquesne today! We had about 10-12 people at our peak hours, and I want that trend to continue in the coming weeks. If you can bring a Wii next time, please do. I hope the new guys enjoyed their stay and will be back for more in the future.
godammit

why is ohio so ****ty for melee?

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Hi Pittsburgh.

I'm going to be here for a while over at Carnegie Mellon so I figured I should pop in and say hi. I'll probably come out to at least one of these things if I can figure out the right bus to get on :p

D20

Smash Lord
Cobalt, there were a couple guys from CMU over at Duquesne yesterday. If I were you, I'd try to get in touch with Phil for more information about buses and such. You can send a PM to his smashboards.com account, Anonalbe.

To my knowledge, you can take any 61 or 71 heading towards Pittsburgh. You can get off anywhere after you pass Mercy Hospital or Stevenson Street. From there, its just a matter of finding the Student Union, which is at the center of campus.

Soap/4%, like I said, I can house you guys from Friday to Saturday.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I'd just like to say ggz to all of my fellow comrades who brought Duquesne back to life, give a big three cheers to all the newcomers showing interest, and remind everyone that D20 is the scrubbiest young link in the world (albeit the sexiest).

Weeklies / biweeklies? Sound's like a rip'snortin' good time, spongebob.

Top Bottom