• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Blizz said:
Flying in Azeroth

Part of the redesign of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor is the introduction of flying to the two continents, allowing access to many new areas and quicker travelling across the large continents!
bout f**kin time

if y'all havent noticed ive been inactive for like a million years......

I didnt have the money to pay and travel for smash. That will soon change after I **** this interview next thursday for a management trainee development program

A-Laon

Smash Master
Make sure to keep checking mmo-champion.com and wow.com for updates. This is merely day one of Blizzcon and it just doesn't stop coming. She said etc.

I'm honestly left speechless by the details of this expansion. Blizzard is basically doing every single thing I'd never expect them to do, and they're doing it brilliantly.

D20

Smash Lord
Listen Up!

Alright guys... it's that time of year again. Time to break out the notebooks, sharpen some pencils, write your papers, and PLAY SOME SMASH!

That's right. Friday, the 28th, will be the first smash fest of the new school year at Duquesne University. I want everyone to show up. Do not make any plans that night. No raiding. No drinking. No johns. Fox only... Final Destination.

INFORMATION FOR ANYONE NEW:

Duquesne University Student Union
1000 Locust St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15282

We play on the bottom floor... just listen for the Dream Land theme song. To anyone that hasn't played with us before, call me if you have any questions: 412 - 327 - 9199. This is not a tournament; we just play friendlies, hang out, and have a good time. You can park on Stevenson Street (which is nearby) or in either the Locast or Mercy Hospital Garage. If you are taking a bus from Oakland, you can grab any 61 or 71.

We typically play from 2pm til 11pm. Show up whenever and for as long as you want.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Alright guys... it's that time of year again. Time to break out the notebooks, sharpen some pencils, write your papers, and PLAY SOME SMASH!

That's right. Friday, the 28th, will be the first smash fest of the new school year at Duquesne University. I want everyone to show up. Do not make any plans that night. No raiding. No drinking. No johns. Fox only... Final Destination.

1000 Locust St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15217

We play on the bottom floor... just listen for the Dream Land theme song. To anyone that hasn't played with us before, call me if you have any questions: 412 - 327 - 9199. This is not a tournament; we just play friendlies, hang out, and have a good time. You can park on Stevenson Street (which is nearby) or in either the Locast or Mercy Hospital Garage. If you are taking a bus from Oakland, you can grab any 61 or 71.
Mercy hospital haha too good

How long to these things usually last? When i can drive i might want to come up to a couple of these

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice

1000 Locust St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15217

what time. XD

D20

Smash Lord
I will be there as early as 1pm. Most of us will stay until 11:00 or midnight. There is a cafeteria nearby and free food/drinks starting at 10pm.

4%! You should come and bring some friends. Seriously... anyone within 2 hours should come to these every once in a while.

Alan... no johns. Phil/Mark... don't be lazy. TSK... no Engels allowed.

D20

Smash Lord
I could easily house two or three people at my apartment for one night. I'd have to put the limit at three people though. I'm sure someone else could step up though, too.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
When i get in town, depending on the week i may be able to house people who are willing to make the drive. I dont live in pittsburgh, but im 30 minutes out, and well. a roof's a roof.

TheLake

Smash Master
haha i still cant drive because im to busy eating food.

and hitting on chicks of course.

oh and hitting chicks too

but more so hitting on them

then hitting them if they dont hit on me back

until they hit on me or hit me

in either case I keep on hitting

I keep on hitting.

A-Laon

Smash Master
haha i still cant drive because im to busy eating food.

and hitting on chicks of course.

oh and hitting chicks too

but more so hitting on them

then hitting them if they dont hit on me back

until they hit on me or hit me

in either case I keep on hitting

I keep on hitting.
I think you missed the point.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
NAKA! I'll be in Edinboro, which is really close to Erie. so . . . . . . as far as making it to these duquense things every Friday is probably a bust cause I won't be able to drive down every weekend especially during the winter months, but I'll try to make it down as much as I can cause I love you guys. Sorry if this was wind-hearted, but the question "What's your situation" seemed ambiguous.

I'll be there this friday. BUTLER!!! Are you ready!

TheLake

Smash Master
Of what hypocrisy would it be if I did? I'm not the one claiming to be doing the hitting around here!
Somone hit the nail on the head. But it wasnt you. Id definatley say in this scenario of hit or miss, you sir are indeed a-miss. Perhaps later in life somone will teach you how to be a heavy hitter. Speaking of hitters were you a hitmonchan or hitmonlee fan?

Anyways I already made plans for friday so im neeeeeeeevvvvvvvveeeeerrrr gonna go.

So count me out capiche?

****IT I SAID CAPICHE!!!

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Heh, so we have actual weeklies in our weeklies thread! Nice!

So...when I punch that address into Google Maps and go into street view, it gives me a Locust Street in zip code 15218 which looks like it is obviously not the university. I hate going into the city, so I'm not too familiar with the area. Can you post a map or something? Thanks!

Are there enough displays there? Do you need people to bring consoles or anything? Anybody interested in Brawl? Other games (besides WoW)?

D20

Smash Lord
I'm sorry about the address. I was going off of what Taki posted on the first page. If you zoom the map in, you can see that the Duquesne Union (where we play) is in the center of campus. Whether we play Brawl or not depends on who shows up... no real guarantees there. Sorry.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=D...ngitude=-79.993949&geocode=ADDRESS&id=1927236

FYI - 10th Street is a tunnel that passes under the University... so never take that if you are driving. We typically have smash on 2-3 TVs. We've never needed extra TVs, but a Wii would always be nice to bring.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Hmm...I hate to say it, but I'll probably pass. I really hate going into the city, and without the guarantee of Brawlers, it's just not worth it. I'll definitely keep an eye on this, though. Have a blast!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
**** chris my bad def AFK'd hard on facebook =(
Lol, no worries. i do the same thing all the time.

Btw, dissidia is AWESOME! A great blend of classic final fantasy RPG mechanics and smooth solid real time gameplay.
I'll also be bringing BlazBlue if anyone is interested in playing that as well.

Top Bottom