• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

D20

Smash Lord
If someone could bring one set of extra component cables and a Wii, that would be super.

One more post!

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully I'll be able to attend tomorrow.... might end up being busy though :\

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
If someone could bring one set of extra component cables and a Wii, that would be super.

One more post!
I can bring a setup too (Wii, cables, Melee, Brawl, Brawl+) if you guys still need one, but I won't be getting there until later, prolly sometime after 5.

D20

Smash Lord
1,000th Post!!!

If it isn't much of a problem, bring what you can. I've never played Brawl+ before, and I'd actually like to see what it's all about.

If anyone new is coming today and gets confused on where to find us, call me at 412-327-9199. Although I have limited service where we play, I'll call you back as soon as I can.

High fives for poetry!

O! What a weary, dreary, December haunts my mind -
Where an August sun can never, ever, hope to shine.

TheLake

Smash Master
Congrats rob on the 1000th post!

Remind me to sing some Les Mis for ya next time we meet.

Which would hopfully be today.

Oh high five

"With this field-dew consecrate,
Every fairy take his gait;
And each several chamber bless,
Through this palace, with sweet peace;
And the owner of it blest
Ever shall in safety rest.
Trip away; make no stay;
Meet me all by break of day"
-Oberon, A.K.A. the only cool character from that **** play midsummers
Night's dream

A-Laon

Smash Master
By latest hour, nearest dusk
The departing world I wake to greet
Scarred are lands I lived before
And broken is the dream
Although
The moment of this realization
No person lasts to say
From whence forth rumbled this tribulation
To shatter my unguarded day

I tread the barren wastes
The world of which I once called home
Feeble, broken, underneath my feet
Mere sand and upturned stone
However
Daylight now eludes this world
Yet again I cannot see its state
The crimes of which I learned, now hidden
Unchallenged by sights I cannot believe

Again the darkness settles in
Infinite be the realm it wakes
Though the world I saw, it flashed its wreckage
Has gone now from this place
Again
I walk the road same light or dark
And still my destination, blind
Without the toils abound to see
The dream resumes, for me to find.

Skyson

Smash Ace
So wishing I had a way to get here. xD

Making more yugioh decks for a tournament that my friends and I are traveling to on Sunday, but oh well. If this is every Friday, then I'm sure there will eventually be a good week for me. :O

D20

Smash Lord
Thanks to everyone who made it over to Duquesne today... even Cobalt (who couldn't find us). I'm really glad a bunch of new guys are showing up to these smash fests. Come summer, we're passing the torch to you.

GGs all around. To the new fellows, don't get discouraged if you lose a ton of games at first. We'll help you get in tournament shape in no time. Speaking of tournaments, we should all go travel to one... soon. Soap/4%, keep us updated on what's going on in Ohio.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone who made it over to Duquesne today... even Cobalt (who couldn't find us). I'm really glad a bunch of new guys are showing up to these smash fests. Come summer, we're passing the torch to you.

GGs all around. To the new fellows, don't get discouraged if you lose a ton of games at first. We'll help you get in tournament shape in no time. Speaking of tournaments, we should all go travel to one... soon. Soap/4%, keep us updated on what's going on in Ohio.
I will most certainly find you next time.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace

Haha, don't worry about it, it was still a great time. For anyone else considering coming that's worried about not being all that good, just go. It's awesome.

The best way to sum it up, "Too good."

Nakamaru

Smash Master
New people? <3 new people! It's been too long since I've seen fresh faces.
you are required by state and government law to stop posting in 2 posts. To which you must get rid of the retired "A-" and make thaorn your official smash name.

But yes, lots of new faces. It was a blast. I'll be going every friday i have time. Hopefully being able to stay longer and get my *** handed to me in BB some more.

A-Laon

Smash Master
you are required by state and government law to stop posting in 2 posts. To which you must get rid of the retired "A-" and make thaorn your official smash name.
Only under the sole condition that I am henceforth compensated with rides to Duquesne when convenient.*

*The proprietor of said condition reserves sole judgement over the matter of convenience.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I finally, officially, without any doubt nor confusion in regards to the validity of what I'm about to say, have a job now.

Life: 53626274848821194
Alan: 1

takieddine

Smash Master
slow down there buddy you're going too fast you may have a burn out

I'll be taking money matches form anyone next Friday, so bring your moneys.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I'll be taking money matches form anyone next Friday, so bring your moneys.
What a jerk, Taki. What you doin' taking your friends' money?

Also, want me to just have an extra house key made for you?

Anybody from Butler going to Duq next week? Naka? Pretty soon I won't have to bum rides anymore! =O

<3 everyone

takieddine

Smash Master
What a jerk, Taki. What you doin' taking your friends' money?

Also, want me to just have an extra house key made for you?

Anybody from Butler going to Duq next week? Naka? Pretty soon I won't have to bum rides anymore! =O

<3 everyone
No i rather enjoy breaking in.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Who all plans on going to pound 4? register now unless you wanna pay $50+ haha. it's on martin luther king's birthday weekend so should have school off the monday afterwards :laugh:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Hey.

CMU smasher here. Are these weeklies open to everyone?
no, only the cool people. you can offer a token of appreciation by bringing:

2 cantaloupe
4 fluorescent light bulbs
1 10,000th scale model of a hippopotamus
7 plastic thingies from the pizza boxes that make it so the cardboard doesn't touch the cheeze
3 pairs of ski goggles

then you should be able to get in

=)

D20

Smash Lord
Who all plans on going to pound 4? register now unless you wanna pay $50+ haha. it's on martin luther king's birthday weekend so should have school off the monday afterwards :laugh:
I've been registered for a month. Get at me.

Hey.

CMU smasher here. Are these weeklies open to everyone?
Anyone and everyone. A couple guys from CMU typically come to these, so you might want to get in touch with them. I'd PM Anonalbe if I were you and get some information from him. He knows how to get to Duquesne from CMU. Come smash with us!

EDIT: Tim, how was the tourney this weekend?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I've been registered for a month. Get at me.

Anyone and everyone. A couple guys from CMU typically come to these, so you might want to get in touch with them. I'd PM Anonalbe if I were you and get some information from him. He knows how to get to Duquesne from CMU. Come smash with us!

EDIT: Tim, how was the tourney this weekend?
got to winners semis
lost to cactuar/ultimascout
beat prog/canismash
beat cactuar/ultimascout in losers finals
beat scar/mogwai
got 1st in teams with Eggm

got to winners semis
lost to cactuar(pretty close)
lost to Tag(old school falco from NYC)
got 7th

Exetus

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the info.

And here I thought I was going to get by a year without skipping any classes...

D20

Smash Lord
Tag? What's a Tag?

That's cool that an old-school dude showed up though. Did your set with Cactus go 3 games?

2nd in Teams? Good **** Wes!

A-Laon

Smash Master
2 cantaloupe
4 fluorescent light bulbs
1 10,000th scale model of a hippopotamus
7 plastic thingies from the pizza boxes that make it so the cardboard doesn't touch the cheeze
3 pairs of ski goggles
As a matter of fact, Tim, in the time since your absence, we have unanimously decided to stop accepting cantaloupe as a form of entry and have furthermore doubled the quantity of ski goggles expected due to the inevitably approaching winter; however, we have become more lenient on acceptable forms of scale-model hippopotami (now accepting anywhere from 5,000th to 15,000th scale) and have presented prospective hopefuls with the option to discard the little plastic thingies in the pizza boxes and instead just bring an actual pizza (or three).

Regardless, we still appreciate the assistance in making our managerial approaches clear and well understood! Just be mindful that entry policy does indeed demand change over time, and regrettably you have not been present to discuss these necessary changes in a more personal manner. If you seek further information regarding our most up-to-date policies and regulations, feel free to contact any of our friendly representatives here on the boards or call our corporate offices. If you're lucky, we may just send you one of those cute little complimentary hats!*

*All complimentary gift packages are shipped within 4 to 8 business weeks. Shipping and handling required.

This ^

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Rob, you still need me to bring my Wii on Friday? It won't be a problem, I just won't have the HD cables until early October.

Raziel744

Smash Apprentice
If Jacob and I are up here that weekend, I guarantee one of us will drive to the state college tournament.

(Which would encompass Me, Jacob, Louie the Claw, and other people up here you guys haven't met yet.)

D20

Smash Lord
Rob, you still need me to bring my Wii on Friday? It won't be a problem, I just won't have the HD cables until early October.
Nah, but please bring a copy of Melee and a memory card... we seem to lack those for some reason.

Top Bottom