• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official PIT Adoration Topic

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
:rolleyes: whatever you say......
ok, now thats just stupid, really....
should we even give a ****? meh, i say ignore his posts, he'll want our attention eventually.
and i dont think spelling has anything to do with being smart, you can be dyslexic for all i care, but your still good at history. as dyslexics usually are, and they suck at spelling, i would know, i had a dyslexic classmate once. but that has nothing to do with OMFG FTWTF I LOVE PIT HES100% BISHOUNEN JERKY YUMMY YUMMY D:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Pelutena Arrow

Ok so *** we all know we can curve the trajectory of the arrow, but according to the update, the arrow is uber fast, meanin unexpected fighters will find it hard to dodge the move in time...
Oh I know check the 1st trailer, indeed the arrow is blue, but I like the arrow more in the traler, cause the blue "aurora" of the arrow aint as noticeable aas the one in the screenshots...

Wings of Icarus

Ok so we got the up B, im guessin after u can knocked far away, and after u do the multiple jumps, u can activate the move and eitherPit will float straight up for a limited time, or u get somre extra jumps that u can time, but u will have a limited time also to perform them, any thoughts or opinions?

Personally Im ok with the idea that were getting the spciel moves, the bad part is there showing 2 special moves per update instead of showing the full moveset, thus it will take LONGER for new characters...

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
I personally think that they may be being literal with their translation/idea. Might it be possible that pit can actually fly for a limited time instead of float or extrajumps.... maybe a little like eddie from gg but vastly improved.

My take on this is if he can attack normally while using this flying ability, he may just have stepped right into top tier.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
And we should listen to someone named Alpha n00b?Seriously,it's poeple like you that need to be hung by the balls and beat with a retarted stick.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pit's new moves look awesome, i'm guessing that his up B move will let pit float for a short amount of time that will prove useful in some situations.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
okay... well since no 1 here really knows who Pit is, and I've ACCTUALLY PLAYED AND BEATEN Kid Icarus, I guess I'll share a bit of info on the game, so people can develop possible outcomes of new moves/ stages for him.

Kid Icarus is a game about a evil person named Meduessa, and she kidnapped Goddess Palentina. Pit was the original General for Palentina, but he was turned into a small kid.

He uses this bow throughout the game, there's a total of 4 worlds, and 4 levels in a world (kind of like super mario)

1.Underworld
2. Overworld
3. Skyworld
4.Palintina's castle (this only has 1 lvl)

the items in the game are of the following:
there's 3 legendary items, you get 1 from each of the 3 first bosses, then on the last level you're allowed to use all 3:
Mirror Shield
Light Arrow (posibly the one Pit is useing in SSBB since it's really fast)
Wings of Peguses (let's pit fly infinatly)

other items include:
2 Protective Crystals flying around pit used as a weapon (possibly the 2 rings on his arm?)
Bow speed and range boost
Fire attachment on bow
Mallet (used to free Palentina's soilders, the Centurions, from statues, they help you during boss battles.)
Harp (turns enemies into mallets for a while, like pacman big seeds)
Credict Card (dont ask me why, it's kinda weird. you use it to buy things if you don't have enough $ then you pay it later)
Icarus' Wings (called Angel Feather in the game, obiously is in SSBB, it's basicly a life in the real game, where if you fall and die, the wings will let you fly for a short amount of time to land on a platform.)

Also, another thing is the Eggplant wizard, it throws out eggplants, and whe Pit gets hit by the eggplants Pit will turn into a eggplant, and you can't do anything other than run around and climb ladders after that. You have to find a nurse to heal you.

Metorids and Goombas also appear in the game, they are called Komaytos, and Shulms.

(probably the most annoying enemy in the history of gaming, the Eggplant Wizard.)

(that's the last boss, Medusa, Pit with the 3 legendary items equiped.)

(that's the ending, not the best one, but 2nd best. the best one Palentina actually kisses Pit and hearts fly around in the background.)

after that, a few lines says: Medusa is back from the dead, and palentina was kidnapped again, so the strugle for Angel Land continues...

and you go back to level one.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
I think it's time for pit to have his own wii adventure, much in the same style as twilight princess.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Pit will be awesome in Brawl, both in apearence and fighting, but you people have to remember 2 things:

1.Link (TP Link, OoT Link and OoT young link,and WW Link) all are much better looking than Pit.
2. Pit will at best be #2 on the tier list cause Metaknight will own the brawl roster.

Unlike other n00bs who don't show respect to Pit, I at least give him credit that he will be awesome in his own right.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Pit is actually partly RPG based, not all platformer like Mertriod games. In Kid Icarus, Pit actually levels as he kills things, and gains experience.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
based on what Zeela siad about the angel feather, could it be possible that Pits up b can only be used when he's off-screen? just a thought

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
it would really own if Nintendo did and RPG-based game based on Kid Icarus for Wii, seriously that would own:)

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Not a chance, Fervx, he'll definitely be able to use it on a whim. I'm guessing the other moves in his B arsenal will be the mirror shield for a down-B, which will reflect projectiles and shield against physical attacks coming from infront of him, and perhaps the harp for his side-B - of course, it wouldn't change your enemy, but it could do something cool.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
most likely from my predictions is that Pit can use his up B once, and once it's used Pit does like 5 consecutive small jumps (like kirby) none stop, so it would be more of an dissadvantage... although mind tricks do come in very well here lol.

TLHM

Smash Cadet
doods i htink pit wel b bruken cuz 5 jumps + up-sp = leik brokenz recovry sew i tink we hsoudl keel leik pit ok lets go

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok I have some questions, like the mirro shield, doe the shield belong to pelutena? cause in some pics that ive seen her (including that statue of her in the BG of the Kid Icarus stage) she has a pretty big shield, so if Indeed thats the weapon pelutena is holding, I say she should use the shield as a move if by some luck she gets in, I dont think Pit should have it, I mean yeah Link has a like dozens of weapons, but Pit is an angel, and there not really any place to hide the shield...

What does the harp do anyway?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Turn enemies into mallets. iirc. And stuff.

It was said that it's like turning the Pacman monsters into ghosts, so I guess that means being able to kill them by touching them.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wow kinda lame lol, what about some sort of whirlwind that he sends forward with a big flap of his wings, or by rotating the bow or something?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im going to take his B^ as how it was said and assume that Pitt can actually fly around for a short amount of time.

. . .Sakurai did say he wanted more focus put on the air fighting so I wonder what will be don to the oter characters to even this Pitt attack out.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sounds like the Up B will allow Pit to direct himself in any direction for a limited time. He will probably flap his wings as if struggiling with feathers floating away from his efforts. I think pit might have only three larger jumps rather then five little Kirby jumps to make him more different and perhaps balanced.

I think his toward B or down B will make use of the Mirror (one of three gifts). Perhaps the mirror will only reflect energy particles, but not in the normal way. Instead of magnifying the damage maybe it would break the projectile in three parts that shoot outwards in diagnols, doing perhaps the same or slightly less then the original attack.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Sounds like the Up B will allow Pit to direct himself in any direction for a limited time. He will probably flap his wings as if struggiling with feathers floating away from his efforts. I think pit might have only three larger jumps rather then five little Kirby jumps to make him more different and perhaps balanced.

I think his toward B or down B will make use of the Mirror (one of three gifts). Perhaps the mirror will only reflect energy particles, but not in the normal way. Instead of magnifying the damage maybe it would break the projectile in three parts that shoot outwards in diagnols, doing perhaps the same or slightly less then the original attack.

ya I agree with most of wat this guy said, anyways heres my predictions:

B: shoot arrow (not a prediction)
Up B: flap wings 5 times causing a jump consisted of 5 jumps in a row, but small (partial prediction)
down B: Mirror sheild, reflects things like Fox's shine or Marth's counter.
side B: shoots several arrows at the same time, consecutively like shiek's normal B, but maybe more varied in direction and angles. (got this idea from the Centuirons helping Pit by shooting arrows along his arrows causing a bigger range of hits and damage delt)

A attacks will mainly be consisted of Pit breaking his Bow into two swords. ( I really have no idea where they got this idea, cus in the game he never does this... maybe the GB version, I just started playing that.)

the twirl up attack would possibly be his uair, maybe DURING his Up B, he is allowed to fight (like in the game when Pit falls off, he is able to attack while the angel feather is making him fly), so unlike normal charaters who attack while jumping UP B (Fox or Marth), You can actually use A attacks while Pit is doing his Up B, as attacks.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
:

Btw, for those of you who hasn't read the privious pages, here's what's very important:

from the 2nd page, there's a list of things from Kid icarus, and above them 2 charaters reads "Appearing," so maybe they are making the appearances in Brawl?

the 1st one if the centorions, Palentina's soilders with bows, they help pit fight when Pit saves them from the statue form by breaking it with a mallet, so they might appear in Brawl as some kind of helper? or maybe adventure mode enemies? (words next to it says Neutral Persons)

following that are the eggplant wizards, I'm guesing those are adventure mode enemies, since next to them says "Enemy" (as u can see it turns pit into an eggplant)

AND OMG! Next to this word that says "Stage," it's the Nurse room from Kid Icarus, and also, the Hot Springs where Pit can dip in and heal. DOES THAT MEAN THAT'S A STAGE?! we don't know...

below that says another stage: Palatina's castle, WE ALREADY KNOW THAT'S A STAGE from the trailors! so it's very possible the other 2/1 are stages too!

on the right of the 2nd page it's a list of all the items, the first box has all the extention items I described earlier, the 2nd box are healing items, and the angel feather is there along with the mallet. the 3rd box has the EXP (hearts), Harp, Credet Card and Map of dugeons.

well that's my predictions. I'm not sure if any of this will be released for Brawl, but if it's introduced along with the SSBB Pit intro, I guess it's somwhat improtant?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
^

OLD SCAN IS OLD

but anyway, those were just predictions from a magazine. it's just about as legit as any of the ideas on this forum.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
^

OLD SCAN IS OLD

but anyway, those were just predictions from a magazine. it's just about as legit as any of the ideas on this forum.
it's better to predict based off of old scans about both SSBB and Kid Icarus than:
1. the game itself
2. zooming in on the 286th pixle of the 6th screen shot released about pit
3. prediction based on how cool it would be.

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
Pit is so cute. <3 Definitely my favorite new-comer aside from Snake.
I agree. They've done such a good job with him. Graphically, he is probably one of the most elaborate characters so far with all the lighting effects. For some odd reason, I really like the little "molting" effect. :p

Zeela12

Smash Ace
yay pit! i wonder how his b move works. what i mean is how fast does pit put the bow back together to fire the arrows? plus it is cool how you can fire upwards and downwards
Yeah, the directional arrows really give him an advantage, although the site did say the speed of the arrows are really fast, so it might be a bit hard to make them change directions.

also, I wonder if they have knockback, or is it like Fox's lasers, that would suck.

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the directional arrows really give him an advantage, although the site did say the speed of the arrows are really fast, so it might be a bit hard to make them change directions.

also, I wonder if they have knockback, or is it like Fox's lasers, that would suck.
Well regardless, his arrows alone are definately worth practicing with. Unlike Fox's laser, the arrows will curve. If the person tries to duck, you have them curve downwards. If they try to jump, just aim forwards.

Even though Link's bomerang does the same thing, it probably goes alot slower compared to the Palutena arrows. This type of weapon will probably frustrate anyone just because if you do it right, it could hit them no matter what. Thus, it becomes a mindgame and the person can't focus well because they are so pissed off.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Well regardless, his arrows alone are definately worth practicing with. Unlike Fox's laser, the arrows will curve. If the person tries to duck, you have them curve downwards. If they try to jump, just aim forwards.

Even though Link's bomerang does the same thing, it probably goes alot slower compared to the Palutena arrows. This type of weapon will probably frustrate anyone just because if you do it right, it could hit them no matter what. Thus, it becomes a mindgame and the person can't focus well because they are so pissed off.
so I'm guessing it's gonna be like a really hard to control PSI Thunder from Ness?cus it's really fast...

I think it's going to be a really fast attack (like from the trailers) so the curvature really depends on the amount of time and force held with the controller.

@Kabyk-Greenmyst: read the privious page for the Up B discusion, and for the arrow direction thing, I guess it's throw then direct, like Din's Fire for Zelda, only much faster and it hits things instead of explosion.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
What is his UpB supposed to do? Give him additional jumps? Cuz that's what it seems like.

And his arrows...have to get used to pressing B, THEN directional, instead of directional followed by B. O.o
It almost sounded like he'd be getting very, VERY temporary free flight, sort of like the "cupid" ability from several Kirby games. I'm probably wrong, that would give him an immensely unfair advantage... it's just a thought.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
It almost sounded like he'd be getting very, VERY temporary free flight, sort of like the "cupid" ability from several Kirby games. I'm probably wrong, that would give him an immensely unfair advantage... it's just a thought.

It won't be unfair. While he's in flight he's vulnerable..therefore theres a counter. NOT UNFAIR :)

Top Bottom