• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official PIT Adoration Topic

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
*sighs*
My jokes always go over everyones head...

Yay for Pit. He looks very cool I love what the animators and character desiners have done with him, he looks amazing in all regards. very interested in seeing exactly how he handles and such...

*sudden;y has an emotional orgasm*

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pit is so sexy. He'll beat Marth out of the spot of Top Bishounen.

Anyway, I couldn't notice the IGN-logo on your pics. Where?! I didn't see them when I was there last. And where the hell are those last 3 pics weren't even in the trailer! Where did you get them? *_*

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got all of them at IGN (here) except the last two, which are at the official website.

Also, I must concur on pit being damn freaking sexy.

Edit: Oh, "Pit" is his actual name. Don't ask me why, and don't ask me why his game is called "Kid Icarus" either.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna said:
http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/img_3595451.html

Does anyone recognize this stage (there's footage of Mario, Link, Pikachu fighting on it)? Is it from Kid Icarus? It's very Greek in design so I'm assuming it is.
The level is shaped just like battlefield, but with the broken pillars and whatnot, it's probably a kid icarus stage. What I really hope they do though, is make a huge stage of sky palace, and have the background full of some giant collection of large floating buildings <3

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Holy mother of God if the game only had those 9 characters I'd still have trouble picking one as my favorite.

And that's WITHOUT seeing any of the other updated characters or secret characters!!

WII!!!

*EDIT*

El_Lovo said:
who is pit, what does he do?

cuz i'd never heard of em
Pit is from an NES game called Kid Icarus. Look it up on Wikipedia for more info., because that's all I know. :p

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
I knew pit was coming to this one just from looking at the trophies. They really made him look nice though. I think my GF will agree with Yuna here that he might be taking Marth's place (in looks).

Currently, it seems to me that Pit is really good. I mean, he has at least 4 jumps (jiggly recovery), that range you see in the pic, and a projectile. So what I'm getting is, maybe not quite as much range but close to marth range, two swords, and a projectile. He also looks pretty fast. Pit for top teir! This is all speculation and bsing of course though. But yeah, out of those 9, Pit is my vote.

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
YEah, B moves will probably be when the bow is together and A moves will probably be when they're swords. ****, Pit is so BA. Even how he holds his swords.
If not, that could always be an uair.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
Possible ^B move?
If you watch the part of the trailer where Pit fights with Metaknight, he jumps, uses that move, then jumps a few more times with another attack in between.

The fact that he can jump and do other moves afterwards makes me think it's his uair.

Edit: Forgot to add:
Pit is definitely my main when this comes out. He's the one character that I really wanted to see in the new game.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
papayasown said:
So what I'm getting is, maybe not quite as much range but close to marth range, two swords, and a projectile.
I agree, I get the feeling Pit is more of a jiggly-link (or perhaps more appropriately jiggly-younglink) where metaknight seems more like a jiggly-marth.

ShortAssassin

Smash Journeyman
If Pit can use his arrows effectivley with his multiple jumps he could be extremely difficult to edgegaurd.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
What I'm thinking is how fast will his ground speed be? Do you think that if he dashes, he'll hover/fly instead of just walk/run? I think that'd be a pretty cool little thing...

Also, I'm thinking of how annoying a Marth/Pit team would be.... Gosh, just seems too awesome to think about!

**joygasm**

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
In all the gameplay while he was on the ground, he was running, not hovering or whatever. I think that would look kind of weird myself, him hovering a couple of inches off of the ground.

Having his feet on the ground makes his ground moves seem more powerful. :)

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
DaBearX said:
I agree, I get the feeling Pit is more of a jiggly-link (or perhaps more appropriately jiggly-younglink) where metaknight seems more like a jiggly-marth.
:laugh: Jiggly-marth! oh man.... wait till GERM hears this... we were talking about mixing up charaters names....

though, which is a reference to this...

i think he's gonna be a "Young-Captain-Ice-Roy!" type

all that's left is pikapeach and doctor falco :laugh:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No, no you want. Because if you do, I'll just ban you. :)

And notice how I didn't say "This is his ^B move."

I asked if it was possible. Yes, it was, so I still wasn't proven wrong.

Nice try though. :p

SocBaby

Smash Rookie
I was waiting for Pit to be in a smash game.

My prayers have been answered. This will be my first mastered charecters.

primusfan

Smash Ace
To be perfectly honest with y'all, I had no idea who Pit was or what the hell Kid Icarus was until I played SSBM and saw the trophy of him.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
He's already one of my new favorite characters. Maybe I'm an idiot: I like swords and bows... Wings only makes it better. (he gets more than a double jump, from the video, but each jump without touching the ground makes him weaker (the same mechanic apparently applies to MetaKnight)).

PS:

Wii!

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
dudes, i remember the first time i see Marth and Roy, but went the first time i see Roy, i pick him, because he was tooo young , red hair (LOVE red hair dudes), and because he uses a holy sexy sword (he is as sexy as his sword). But now another RED hair dude comes, tht looks like he has a twin sword (short mid range), arrow LONG projectile (i think it goes large range because of the trailer, went it try to hit metaknight), and has like multiple jumps (thinks the traditional 5 jumps), so this dude looks ready to kick marth's @$$ (come on sheik hs ll that except he doesn't 1) jump multiple times 2) disjoin hitbox sword, so this dudes is it hope to be top tier for this SSBB, so am picking him as soon i unlock Roy ^_^

(even though the best red hair is ........... BOOZER!!!!!!!!!XD)

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
ShortAssassin said:
If Pit can use his arrows effectivley with his multiple jumps he could be extremely difficult to edgegaurd.

Thats actually a bit of good speculation. I always thought it would be cool to have a multiple jump floaty person with projectiles.

Wasn't pits trademark move using his bow any way, Im probably wrong but I just think golden arrow spam would own falco shl. Thinking along the lines of his total move set I have a hard time thinking of 5(maybe more) whole b moves for him.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Well, Pit is a work of art; I'll say that. He has a certain beauty in the way his design is both Roman and futuristic, but I wouldn't go making him out to be a sex object.You can say he's sexy if you want, because this is America, but on a forum predominantly occupied by males...it comes off as a little too normal.

Anyway, to get serious. I don't think pit will have so much range as we think. It looks more like he'll at most just have a sort of extended punching range. Don't call pwnage just yet, because even though there are two blades with medium range, he didn't seem all that speedy in the demo. And as Roy has exhibited, a disjointed hitbox without speed is still good, but not godly.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I'm so glad some of you are displaying a very strange obsession for a video game character. (i'm talking about anyone who says that this character is sexy)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
primusfan said:
I'm so glad some of you are displaying a very strange obsession for a video game character. (i'm talking about anyone who says that this character is sexy)
Yeah, he's pretty hot. His wings worry me though. He will be kinda hard to kill because I assume he will have amazing recovery. Also, why isn't he wearing any of the special items from the end of the game? Those were pretty cool but ugly too.

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
Resting_Fox said:
And as Roy has exhibited, a disjointed hitbox without speed is still good, but not godly.
the problem is that Roy's disjoin hitbox is pure crap, it looks more like a normal hitbox, but still usefull (if your talking about the sword then my mistake, even though i still saying bowser is the hottest RED HAIR in smash history, ohh wait this has nothing to do with this topic).

Top Bottom