• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

aleps

Smash Apprentice
For those complaining about the percentage symbol in Multi Man Brawl, its now in there.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
About the swimming... all forms of distance are recorded. Even in Melee. Check it out yourself.

So, it's just saying get 300ft over time.
Yeah i know, but to see that swimming is an official form of movement means that there might be a way to actually sustain characters in water, and it may be character specific.

Maybe tapping jump makes them wade through the water, popping them up a bit.

I just had an awesome idea.

You've heard of aerials, now meet:

SWIMERIALS!!!

New moveset for water.

lol.

platnum

Smash Lord
this update...warned of crap to come...look at the first line...he says, "ive decided to go over each mode one by one" or some thing to that effect...I predict group tomorrow.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Ehh...kind of a bad way to start off the week.

I'd investigate on all of those stickers and such, but it's early and I'm lazy.

:laugh: Stage update tomorrow.

Dekuknight950

Smash Cadet
Here's my theory: All the characters we currently have on the dojo are going to stay how the are until the release in Japan. (Maybe). If you notice, every character on the DOJO is going to be on the starting roster, except for Sonic and Snake. The only reason they were announced was for one or these reasons:

1) To promote the character/ company to bring more fans into its already growing fan-base.
2) To increase sales for Nintendo to bring in more fans to the game and expand Nintendo's/Smash Bros. fan-base
3) They're Nintendo, they can do anything they want.

Wayfarer

Smash Rookie
BAH! Be grateful, people. Am I the only one excited about today's update?

It's interesting to take a more in depth look at the vault and see how everything ties together. Perfect way to start the Dojo's possible last week of updates.

iMichael

Smash Lord
You guys are still getting mad at the updates and JPN is getting it on Thursday?....We'll know everything before next Monday.

Wayfarer

Smash Rookie
Thursday indeed. In only four days, the update whining will cease. Fake leaks will come to a halt. For better or for worse, all will be revealed. And come March 9th, Brawl will be in the hands of all our greedy, undeserving hands. The sheer awesomeness of this game shall spoil us all. :laugh:

K THX BYE.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Guys, I have some very bad news, if taken the right way.

In today's joke of an update (comparable to Metaknights Special Moves ver. 2), Sakurai said:

"The top menu contains six different modes, but I’ve decided to introduce the finer points of each mode one by one."

The way I'm taking that, we know what all updates will be this week.

I think he's basically saying that each day, he's going to update with an "in-depth" look at each mode. All he's basically doing is showing us what is in each category.... again. We already have options, maybe Wifi connection, but that might not stop him.

I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not, this is ********.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,

In today's joke of an update (comparable to Metaknights Special Moves ver. 2), Sakurai said:

"The top menu contains six different modes, but I’ve decided to introduce the finer points of each mode one by one."

I think he's basically saying that each day, he's going to update with an "in-depth" look at each mode. All he's basically doing is showing us what is in each category.... again. We already have options, maybe Wifi connection, but that might not stop him.

Dang, I was going to post this, and then you beat me to it. Yeah, I prophesize more menu filler this week, too.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787

I hope not..That'd be kinda bad...Unless they show characters.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
The top menu contains six different modes, but I’ve decided to introduce the finer points of each mode one by one.
So, yeah... I'm thinking he'll update with that "Data" menu, or the Wi-fi menu IF there is something we haven't seen, or the "group" one (I doubt solo since it might give away something)

So in the case we have already seen everything in the Wi-fi menu:

Tuesday: Data
Wednesday: Group
Thurday: hopefully the last third party character, or a newcomer. Other option could be that he'll reveal the whole roster (he is THAT crazy, he just might do it), I see it with some message like "Since today is the japanese release, everything will be surfing the internet so I might as well give it to you guys ;)" or something of the likes
Friday: a mystery to me

CelestialSeeker

Smash Rookie
I highly doubt that Sakurai would post two updates of the same category in the same day (ie. Game modes). I f my memory serves me correctly, he's never done that before (not counting character updates). I'm hoping for a character but i highly doubt it. Somehow I think a stage :p

Top Bottom