• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Gameplay footage! Although I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this, it looked pretty nice. Don't really favor the new announcer, though.

The only real update that I liked was the new Subspace Emissary video on Brawl Central. Samus & Pikachu team-up = totally...insane.

Newcomer tomorrow, preferrably Krystal or Ridley.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
I'm predicting we'll get a video of how a stock match works on February 8th or 11th, but even after all the characters have been revealed through leaks, there will only be Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi battling in the video, on the stage Castle Siege, and Sakurai will believe its a massive revelation getting to see the 3rd floor of that stage.

espio87

Smash Ace
my prediction for tomorrow:
either an assist trophy, a subspace emissary update or:
Stage Builder - Unlockable Material: as you progress in the SSE mode and events you unlock more stuff for the stage builder. For example, backgrounds and structures that let you build a green hill zone stage

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to clarify Sonic's voice.

Just played Sonic Rivals 2 and had to face Sonic, he hit me and said "Too slow!". Not "You're too slow!! =P LOLXORZ11!!!1!!1!!", but it's the same voice. I couldn't really remember because it's said a little differently.

So I'm a little cushioned by that.

In a way, although I dislike it.... when I play as him..... it reminds me of Kirby's "HiiIIIiii"..... I'm going to spam the hell out of "You're too slow!!" just to get on people's nerves.

Yeah. BTW You're too slow!!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Tomorrow's update? Something horrid.
Then Monday: Ness
Tuesday: Jigglypuff
Wed: Captain Falcon
Thursday: Enjoy Brawl, Japan.
I'm gonna have to agree.

Although I think we will get Luigi and Lucario along with other characters in the following weeks. But It won't matter anyway. This time next week we will know the full roster.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Yeah, this update...mm...questionable. Free advertising for the VC? lol

With this kinda thing taking up disk space, they sure as heck had better have Ridley in the game.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
This update was kinda sorta a waste of my time. If I wanted to play retro games, I'd buy them on the Virtual Console.

Nobody'll use this unless there's something like Fire Emblem or Mother on there. It's a shame, but it's true.

And does anyone else notice that there wasn't a character this week? I find that odd, especially after the leak that occured earlier. Ahh well, next week is always another we-

Wait. Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out in Japan next week.

O_O

Oh, and everyone thank Gideon and the repair crew for resuscitating the Smashboards. Let the spam commense! :chuckle: :laugh:

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
I think Super Mario World would have been better as a masterpiece than Super Mario Bros, it seems like the better game to me, and one which expresses mario more, though Super Mario Bros was the classic that helped save the game industry.

Then again, Kirby Superstar would be the logical choice, as it shows off most of his moves and Metaknight. So I don't know what the reasoning was behind it all, but it's still one amazing thing they've gone out of their way to add.

And Super Metroid; its good they decided to add a demo of the greatest game ever.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I'm gonna have to say no more characters since we got the starting roster now, but the last two updates were kinda worthless to me... we'll I think we'll just be getting music/various things in the vault section/and a thank you to everyone who helped with Brawl.

Dragonzero

Smash Cadet
Yesterday's update was kinda useless for those who have a lot of games on the VC.
BUT! If you look in the Japanese part of the site you'll notice that they announced 2 more demos(Earthbound and Fire Emblem) , not to mention that the Gameplay video is different.
I mean, I enjoy watching battles but the videos must be boring fir those who have been at E for all.

Dekuknight950

Smash Cadet
I doubt Geno will be shown until a good couple weeks after Japan's release along with any other newcomers. Sonic and Snake were only annouced to give advertisement and promotiong to Konami and Sega.

Speaking of secret characters, if anyone remebers Sakurai's older Smash Bros. sites, he announced secret characters and how to unlock them ina a newer section, who says the DOJO won't do the same. But as for now, these characters we have on the current DOJO are all we're going to get, or at least until Brawl is released in Japan.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/icons/index.html
^Notice the empty box without an icon; could be proof for new section!^

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yesterday's update was kinda useless for those who have a lot of games on the VC.
BUT! If you look in the Japanese part of the site you'll notice that they announced 2 more demos(Earthbound and Fire Emblem) , not to mention that the Gameplay video is different.
I mean, I enjoy watching battles but the videos must be boring fir those who have been at E for all.
Oh sh*t!!! You're right!!! If this doesn't confirm Ness and Marth, then nothing will. (Ignoring the leak from the video, of course.)

Also, I was one of those people who didn't get too excited about this update. I already have Super Mario Bros, Kid Icarus, StarFox64, and The Legend of Zelda. (Not to mention the original Metroid.) So, this update was kind of half shock-and-awe, half disappointment.

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Well if we still get updates ( I think we will, but you never know)

I predict nothing too big, maybe a stage, some music, an item, AT, or Pokemon

i don't think any new characters will be announced

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Monday: ZSS Final Smash
Tuesday: Sonic Stage
Wednesday: Assist Trophy of someone depressing.
Thursday: Information concerning secret characters. Notice: JP release.
Friday: Jigglypuff

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Top Bottom