• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Haha, knew it. A new character (what everybody has been asking for) is revealed and people are already finding a way to complain about it.

Brawl boards... you never change. XD

Eszett

Smash Cadet
What is to say that Olimar will only be able to summon Pikmin from the ground? We all know not to expect the ordinary from Sakurai, so why are people starting now?

Wrath`

Smash Master
*************** i hate this guy, good music tho

where falcon, luigi, wolf, falco or any od thoese peeps, no we get stuck with omilalr

Machspeed

Smash Lord
A ****ed awesome update today, Olimar SPEWS awesome.

This update made me happy and will keep me happy until release in America.

JPW

Smash Ace
I'm actually extremely surprised at how many people are upset over Olimar. Pikmin 2 is one of the greatest games ever concieved by mankind, (or any other species for that matter). Olimar's about a bajillion times better than Diddy Kong (bless his heart), but eh, I'm thinking about maining him, so if I do it just means I'll feel more unique when I play online.
Sure Olimar is better than Diddy Kong, but is he better than Donkey Kong.... or what about Mario or Link.
Note: I reckon Diddy Kong is better than Olimar. However Diddy Kong is nowhere near my favourite newcomer.

I don't mean to be rude but Pikmin isn't even recognised as a franchise to the casual gamer.
If I asked a casual gamer or non Nintendo fans
do you know what Pikmin is? They would
a) say what the?
b) Don't you mean Pokemon?
c) What is it about?

Pikmin is nothing special yet, it's just an underrated series right now to your credit.

When it sells over a million and takes the world by storm or change gaming forever then you can brag.

It's good to see another newcomer though and in a way I always had a feeling Olimar would join us.

king_neeso

Smash Apprentice
yawn...so manny people complaining bout their fav chars not bein in...GET OVER IT theres 23 known chars....jeez if u dont like at least one of those chars you really need to get over yourself. falcon and all the other ppl that were unlockables will not be announced, barr snake or sonic...which is understandable from a marketing standpoint. now either be happy that this game exists or if your not happy about it go sook to the only person who cares...your mumma

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OLIMAR!!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:D :D :D

I'm so excited. And this also means that all of the "dis char cent be in cuz its too big/small" arguments fly completley out of the window.

Ridley has a chance!!

But for now.....

OLIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!(and the Pikmin) :p

Repryx

Smash Champion
wow Im...suprised to say the least...sakurai is done torturing us...let the good updates begin

*breaks bottle on Sakurai's head*

Whoops...

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
I'll bet on Pikmin & Olimar's special moves tomorrow, cause that's what they did with Sonic and King Dedede also. If not tomorrow, then friday.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I deserve a cookie as well.

I predict Olimers moveset for tomorrow, why they didn't show today is beyond me.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Why is that so funny?

Besides, I just find it ridiculous that people wouldn't want this character. People complain about clones, but when a completely original character is announced...they are upset. I didn't want Sonic or Snake. And I couldn't care less about Lucas or Ike. Yet when they were revealed, I was excited about it. I thought they looked great.

What point was that? That you guys have no taste?
You didn't want Sonic or Snake? Do you even like videogames? Maybe if you were a little older you would have been around to play the first few sonic games and if you were older you'd be allowed to play Metal Gear Solid and then you'd change your mind. Why does liking Olimar mean you have better taste? Because he has nowhere near as much popularity and success as the Sonic and MGS series and characaters?

Don't get all snippy because you like something that most people don't. Everyone likes at least 1 thing that most people don't, but the ones who act all high and mighty and start ripping on the things everyone else likes are the insecure ones. Grow a pair.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
I am going to predict that we get another newcomer/veteran tomorrow. It will probably be Olimar's special moves though. If that is the case for tomorrow that means even Olimar has gotten a character update before Zelda! Come on, they are being racist toward Zelda!:laugh:

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I am going to predict that we get another newcomer/veteran tomorrow. It will probably be Olimar's special moves though. If that is the case for tomorrow that means even Olimar has gotten a character update before Zelda! Come on, they are being racist toward Zelda!:laugh:
I beleive the word your looking for is sexist.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Who's complaining about size now?
You should make a shirt that says "size doesn't matter" and wear it outside in public...

b) Don't you mean Pokemon?
Haha I like that one. I think I made a dumb joke about Pikmin just being a ****ed up spelled of Pokemon like several years back. Seriously though, I never played Pikmin, and it just doesn't present itself as a game I'd even want to play. Therefore, I was indifferent about Olimar getting in, nonetheless congrats to the Olimar fans on their character. We'll probably get his specials moves tomorrow...though that's a pretty lamely-obvious prediction.

I'm Del Money and I approve this post.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Why does everybody hate Olimar?

He's a very unique character, just what Brawl needs.

Brings a brand new stratedy to the game...
Do you really want a normal character like Krystal announced?
Or would you want to unlock her without even knowing?

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Special Moves Update for Pikmin and Olimar.

Without a doubt.

And to all those people who are complaining about this:

Because he seems to have ruined the chances of us seeing Falcon before the release
You know he's going to be in the game anyway, so just cool it.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Because he seems to have ruined the chances of us seeing Falcon before the release.
He's going to be in reguardless of if we see him or not hit the Dojo; there's not going to be much different about his moveset besides his physics and a couple moves.

Olimar is a very unique character, a character with physics we've never seen before in a Smash game, so I definitely would like to see how he works, before a character we've already laid eyes on.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Then the Dojo closes due to japan release.

Special Moves Update for Pikmin and Olimar.

Without a doubt.

And to all those people who are complaining about this:

You know he's going to be in the game anyway, so just cool it.
lol I'm not complaining I'm saying I think Olimar is stupid, BUT it's my PERSONAL opinion on him, I've not played him, neither have you lot. Until I see information that is interesting about him, my opinion stays.

[smashboards deleted my stays wtf?]

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's a new Character tonight.

Olimar's Special moves realistically though.
What if it was Falcon? 2 characters in a row. XD

Actually, I still support the idea of having Captain Falcon's Final Smash before he himself is actually announced......... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whoever gave that one final smash idea where it says "Rival" above the opponent's head... that was an awesome suggestion for it.

Anyway, I say 89% of the predictions tonight are gonna be Olimar's Specials.

..Wow, it's so weird to say that... but it's also really kool. I hope he's not crappy; I know he won't be. But he'll be very tricky to use I think. Or he may just be like any other character.. who knows..

What do I predict?

Earthworm Jim.

Yeah...........................................................................................................................
:(

Top Bottom