• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
This update was alright, it's always good to see a new face and new series in Smash Bros, but to be honest, I was more excited over the returning Melee stages.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
hey i'm still complaining.
lol.

You Olimarfans have your fun. I'll be ready to kick your ***** with Sonic for ever Olimar player I see.

Thank your lucky stars PAL regions don't have a date yet cause you guys get to have a head start.
Way to kill it T-T

Man, I can't believe even on newcomer updates.....people still b!thch :ohwell:

Card

Smash Lord
Stages shown in the screenshots:

Top Left: Smashville (Animal Crossing)
Top Right: Norfair (Metroid)
Bottom Left: Lylat Cruise (Star Fox)
Bottom Right: Delfino Plaza (Mario Sunshine)

courte

Smash Lord
Guys...Olimar and Mario are floating in outer space...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've seen that stage before.

Also, what is the top right picture?
1) star fox ship i can't pronounce much less spell peleidias or something
2) norfair

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Way to kill it T-T

Its life...But I do agree with that guy. Ill kill any Pikmin I see. Lulz.

Formal Apology

I Formally Apologize to all whom I have told that Captain Olimar stood no chance what so ever of being a playable character in Brawl. To all those who have Supported Captain Olimar, I sincerely Apologize. I did state that if there was a WTF character (like Game and Watch was in Melee) he would be it, but I never really believed it.​

It seems like the little demon spawn of a Drunk Sir Miyamoto has actually come through. Congratulations, little guy.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
For some reason the English site won't work for me so I visited the Japanese site and saw Olimar... I just realized Olimar is Mario spelled backwards. That is awesome. I'm guessing Special Moves tomorrow.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Way to kill it T-T

If it was any other newcomer I wouldn't "*****"

Some people actually thought that Captain Olimar wouldn't be a playable Character?!?
Uh... yeah. LOTS of people thought he wouldn't be in Brawl. Myself included. I don't see how he deserves a spot in Brawl. He's only been in 2 games that weren't that popular. They were pretty OK games but, by the second one it lost all purpose/pressure basically (no time limit).

I did not expect Olimar and frankly didn't want him. And now that I see him and what the description says: Olimar mains are going to have fun trying to do Smash attacks without pikmin when they're in a tight situation vs a fast person.

Ground Dependant = Bad. Especially when the whole game is going aerial.

I'll say this much though. He's definitely the new "Game and Watch". Very Unique.

courte

Smash Lord
lol sushimanx lol

his fsmash might be a pikmin rush, but not as lame as de3 and pit. im imagining he has a swarm of pikmin surround him and tilting the c-stick directs who they swarm lol whistle as a quick taunt/rassle the pikmin

to the other person pregnant i'm naming my baby purple olimar how about you??

Dabble

Smash Cadet
I am actually crying; literally.

Tears are rolling down my face.

I am the happiest man alive; BEST.BIRTHDAY.EVER! ^_^

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
1. Character drought ended.
2. Size arguments for all characters thrown out the window.
3. Major character hopeful confirmed for the night.
4. One of the better songs we've had so far.

really good update for the 3rd day in a row. im gonna go celebrate with the rest of the pikmen now

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
One last thing. This probably is, again, looking too far into things, but some people were thinking yesterday that the Red Alloy, along with what Sakurai said, was a leader, leader = Captain, Captain Falcon.

When indeed it was a Captain today, but it was Olimar. And he seems to be a "leader", too.

More mindgames?

Red Alloy.

Red Update.

Red = Character.

0-o;;

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I predict another crappy update.

(I bet now its finally going to be great because i said that)
LMAO!!! I swear i had no idea Olimar was the update when i wrote that!! and i wrote it before anyone said anything about it, its just that my computer got really slow suddenly and it took a while to post it...

AIM0001

Smash Lord
The drought is over.

Olimar for Brawl.

EDIT: The icon for Olimar is number 22. If I'm not mistaken, it was supposed to be number 19... so what does this mean for the icon theory?
I didnt see this coming at all. THE CHARACTER DROUGHT[/COLOR] is finally over.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
1. Character drought ended.
2. Size arguments for all characters thrown out the window.
3. Major character hopeful confirmed for the night.
4. One of the better songs we've had so far.

really good update for the 3rd day in a row. im gonna go celebrate with the rest of the pikmen now
These all support a certain charcter in my sig as well ^_^

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
YES YES YES YES YEEEEESSS!!!! Olimar is in Brawl!!!!!!!!! I CAME!!!!!

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
Haha, when i looked at this update, i was like, "OMFG! FINNALLY! THANK YOU SAKURAI!" then i was thinking about the major smashgasm that smashboards was prolly having... unfortunately.. i dont really have any care for the pikmin series... but w/e,

+1 K@R3C70RZ =P

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Uh... yeah. LOTS of people thought he wouldn't be in Brawl. Myself included.
Only stupid people thought this. Just like there were people who actually thought Dedede wouldn't be in either.

I don't see how he deserves a spot in Brawl. He's only been in 2 games that weren't that popular.
Whoa whoa whoa...First of all, Lucas has been in one game. Ike has been in one or two. Ice Climbers have been in one. Pit has been in two. Your logic completely fails. ON TOP OF ALL THAT...He is the main character for a brand-new series since Melee, which definitely deserves representation. I don't know how you get off saying Pikmin wasn't popular either. The games were amazing. Not to mention the fact that he was one of the most requested characters for Brawl. And he will likely have the most original moveset of anyone.

Oh, and I might add that Miyamoto (among others) absolutely loves him, and there will be a Pikmin 3 for the Wii coming out sometime soon.

They were pretty OK games but, by the second one it lost all purpose/pressure basically (no time limit).
Wow again. Pikmin 2 was incredible. Amazing game. I thought the original was fun, but the second blew it away...I don't know how you get off saying these things...

I did not expect Olimar and frankly didn't want him. And now that I see him and what the description says: Olimar mains are going to have fun trying to do Smash attacks without pikmin when they're in a tight situation vs a fast person.
Ignorance abounds. Seriously, only small-minded people didn't expect him. And to NOT want him is even crazier. "Yeah, I don't want any completely original characters that would spice up the game." Rubbish.

Ground Dependant = Bad. Especially when the whole game is going aerial.
Yeah, 'cuz we couldn't see him floating in the air at all...:******:

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
LMAO!!! I swear i had no idea Olimar was the update when i wrote that!! and i wrote it before anyone said anything about it, its just that my computer got really slow suddenly and it took a while to post it...
So you predicted either a good or a bad update? You get no cookie. In fact you get cookie made of fail for calling yesterday`s update crappy.

Top Bottom