• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Blackadder

Smash Master
Mummy, how come when I saw the nice Olimar man my pee-wee became really had and big?

I am a very happy Adder. :)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Members rejoice! The drought has ended!!!
It was so exciting seeing the "Warning! Challeger Approaching!" thing after so long :joyful:
BtW, no one will see this post, but did anyone notice this?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I forgot. Captain Olimar is a First Party rep, right?

So much for the World Icon theory...

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
wow, a actually fab update. finally a night staying up for. Wish I played the previous pikmen games, hopefully a wii sequel is coming...

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
It sounds like Olimar can pull up Pikmin until he has all five and the more of them he has backup to use for attacks and maybe he uses a random Pikmin for his attack and depending on who it is he has a different attack. How awesome is this?
This is Smash Awesome, and I never really played Pikmin.

Man, those Pikmen people are probably soiling themselves right now.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Words cannot express my excitement right now.

And good job to whoever predicted "a new series will be revealed tonight"...

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
Yet another unique fighting style...this game is going to be plain ridiculous. Congrats to all who wanted Olimar. This makes me want to go back and play Pikmin again.

And the music is sweet, too.

The next 32 days just got a little bit longer...

JPW

Smash Ace
I got kind of impatient so I checked the Japanese site. I wasn't all that happy.

When the english site finally updated I checked it again. Wasn't as big to me.
Then again I just don't ilke Pikmin, and not a big fan of Olimar.

But good on him. Hopefully his moveset will make me show some respect... lol.

other then that.....

looks like I found my punching bag.

Now Isaac has to make the cut.

And maybe Marth too.

Oh god can't believe Olimar made it, now the gaps are filled, do you reckon we will see any more characters.

Zanibas

Smash Cadet
Pikmin has a stage too =P

Japanese Music update refers to "My Music" link :D

"It can choose from "my tune selection". It seems like lie, true story."

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
Screw trying to pick a main, I'm just going to play Mario until everything's unlocked. Everytime I get close to making a decision, a character update comes.

Okay, now I'm going to bed before this place turns into an orgy or something. Two people already impregnated by Chuck Norris, and it's not even his update. :D

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think he picks up the pikmin to fight! Because Sakurai says he's useless if there is no pikmin with him! OMG I think he's a unlockable, and one of my predictions came true!

cswright

Smash Apprentice
holy *** that rocks, a historic moment in gardening-inspired fighters indeed. i cant wait to try it

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah it's actually "Pikmin and Olimar", so....

Wow... Olimar is so.... detailed...

So now we have Pikmin stage, Special Moves, and O_O;;; Final Smash possibly added to updates.

Everything just feels so much better, and to think that we may have more characters before it's released... Not that I'm getting ahead of myself or anything, but there's a possibility of that.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
To be honset, this is a interesting looking character, however I never could get into the Pikmin games so this is one I've got mixed feelings on I guess.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Guys...Olimar and Mario are floating in outer space...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've seen that stage before.

Also, what is the top right picture?

courte

Smash Lord
Holy crapcrapcrapcrapcrap

He's so bizarre! Character move-set to follow tomorrow obviously...
that is not written in stone, it would add to an even better smash dash

a) He's so small
b) glad to see he's not a pokemon trainer clone -- and he's SO UNIQUE!!
c) Anyone noticed the blue and red "playing" :cough:humping:hack:gettin'iton:wheeze: in the bottom left picture??
d) i really hope he won't be the game Pichu
e) this fills EVERYONE with hope
f) what should happen if he doesn't pluck a pikmin and starts right next to the edge?? if he jumps and gets hit, does no pikmin mean no up-b?? will this little man have a far enough regular jump?? Can with perform the Double Jump Without pikmin?? the answers to this and more next time of smashbros.com

btw anybody take the japanese site and run it through google on translated page... a lot of different changes, even down to the title of yesterday's update...

JPW

Smash Ace
I found this did something better than end the drought...
NO ONE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE UPDATE!!!!1!111!1!
hey i'm still complaining.
lol.

You Olimarfans have your fun. I'll be ready to kick your ***** with Sonic for ever Olimar player I see.

Thank your lucky stars PAL regions don't have a date yet cause you guys get to have a head start.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
Screw trying to pick a main, I'm just going to play Mario until everything's unlocked. Everytime I get close to making a decision, a character update comes.

Okay, now I'm going to bed before this place turns into an orgy or something. Two people already impregnated by Chuck Norris, and it's not even his update. :D
Well...you know, Chuck isn't someone you say no to :S All jokes aside, again, just wow...this update was a long time coming and it's nice to see other great Nintendo franchises get the respect they deserve.

Top Bottom