• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Its life...But I do agree with that guy. Ill kill any Pikmin I see. Lulz.

Formal Apology

I Formally Apologize to all whom I have told that Captain Olimar stood no chance what so ever of being a playable character in Brawl. To all those who have Supported Captain Olimar, I sincerely Apologize. I did state that if there was a WTF character (like Game and Watch was in Melee) he would be it, but I never really believed it.​

It seems like the little demon spawn of a Drunk Sir Miyamoto has actually come through. Congratulations, little guy.
Yea, attacking Pikmin will be fun. :)

And I'm somewhat surprised that you thought Olimar stood no chance. I always imagined you more open minded than that. I always knew he had a chance.

If it was any other newcomer I wouldn't "*****"

Uh... yeah. LOTS of people thought he wouldn't be in Brawl. Myself included. I don't see how he deserves a spot in Brawl. He's only been in 2 games that weren't that popular. They were pretty OK games but, by the second one it lost all purpose/pressure basically (no time limit).

I did not expect Olimar and frankly didn't want him. And now that I see him and what the description says: Olimar mains are going to have fun trying to do Smash attacks without pikmin when they're in a tight situation vs a fast person.

Ground Dependant = Bad. Especially when the whole game is going aerial.

I'll say this much though. He's definitely the new "Game and Watch". Very Unique.
I don't think that "he doesn't deserve a spot" really constitutes as a valid or reasonable arguement at this point. That arguement was crippled once the ICs showed up, and now is totally nullified and ***** with PT and Olimar.

And yes, it does seem that Olimar is going to have a hard time due to his dependency to being grounded. Hopefully he'll have an above average aerial game without the Pikmin. I also don't like the sound of "short lived" and "scattering" Pikmin. "Symbiotic" doesn't sit well with me either.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
So you predicted either a good or a bad update? You get no cookie. In fact you get cookie made of fail for calling yesterday`s update crappy.
YESTERDAY'S TODAY TOMORROW!!!

Nah, I was there. They were making their prediction for today, but like mine, their computer lagged and posted after the update was updated with Olimar.

lol it's still a little confusing.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Only stupid people thought this. Just like there were people who actually thought Dedede wouldn't be in either.

Whoa whoa whoa...First of all, Lucas has been in one game. Ike has been in one or two. Ice Climbers have been in one. Pit has been in two. Your logic completely fails. ON TOP OF ALL THAT...He is the main character for a brand-new series since Melee, which definitely deserves representation. I don't know how you get off saying Pikmin wasn't popular either. The games were amazing. Not to mention the fact that he was one of the most requested characters for Brawl. And he will likely have the most original moveset of anyone.

Oh, and I might add that Miyamoto (among others) absolutely loves him, and there will be a Pikmin 3 for the Wii coming out sometime soon.

Wow again. Pikmin 2 was incredible. Amazing game. I thought the original was fun, but the second blew it away...I don't know how you get off saying these things...

Ignorance abounds. Seriously, only small-minded people didn't expect him. And to NOT want him is even crazier. "Yeah, I don't want any completely original characters that would spice up the game." Rubbish.

Yeah, 'cuz we couldn't see him floating in the air at all...:******:
This just wins!

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
You know your just saying that tp tick me off, =P

Top 4 Best Songs, (not in order of my favs, just the top 4 IMO)

-The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time Medley

-Kirby:
Meta Knight’s Revenge

-Sonic The Hedgehog:
Angel Island Zone

-Pikmin:
World Map
I have to agree with this list, although I would probably have the Fire Emblem theme up there just because of SmashDash lol Although I do believe the Pikmin World Map is my new favorite.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Only stupid people thought this. Just like there were people who actually thought Dedede wouldn't be in either.

Whoa whoa whoa...First of all, Lucas has been in one game. Ike has been in one or two. Ice Climbers have been in one. Pit has been in two. Your logic completely fails. ON TOP OF ALL THAT...He is the main character for a brand-new series since Melee, which definitely deserves representation. I don't know how you get off saying Pikmin wasn't popular either. The games were amazing. Not to mention the fact that he was one of the most requested characters for Brawl. And he will likely have the most original moveset of anyone.

Oh, and I might add that Miyamoto (among others) absolutely loves him, and there will be a Pikmin 3 for the Wii coming out sometime soon.

Wow again. Pikmin 2 was incredible. Amazing game. I thought the original was fun, but the second blew it away...I don't know how you get off saying these things...

Ignorance abounds. Seriously, only small-minded people didn't expect him. And to NOT want him is even crazier. "Yeah, I don't want any completely original characters that would spice up the game." Rubbish.

Yeah, 'cuz we couldn't see him floating in the air at all...:******:
Well, pardon me for not doing X amount of research on games and brawl like you must have. I just have my own opinions. I'm given impressions of things that I see when I visit smashboards and those were the impressions I saw. There were quite a few people that I saw post saying that Olimar wouldn't be in Brawl.

Of course, I also saw some people post that they want him in Brawl and that he has a good shot to be in Brawl.

Your "countering my post" won't change the fact that he's in Brawl and that we'll just have to see how viable he is in play. And calling me "stupid" isn't really endearing either.

lol so much for flaming me.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
And yes, it does seem that Olimar is going to have a hard time due to his dependency to being grounded. Hopefully he'll have an above average aerial game without the Pikmin. I also don't like the sound of "short lived" and "scattering" Pikmin. "Symbiotic" doesn't sit well with me either.
... I wonder if they have minds of their own?

What if they were to.... run away? =o

blayde_axel

Smash Master
It's funny ho people say "the drought has ended." These updates seem the same level to me. *shrug*

Still, this is pretty awesome! But pictures can't capture how he moves!!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You know your just saying that tp tick me off, =P

Top 4 Best Songs, (not in order of my favs, just the top 4 IMO)

-The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time Medley

-Kirby:
Meta Knight’s Revenge

-Sonic The Hedgehog:
Angel Island Zone

-Pikmin:
World Map
You know you just pissed me off more.
And no, I mean it.
EDIT: Don't like that order either..

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Wow, I fell asleep for two hours and wake up to a WARNING NEW CHALLENEGER APROACHING.... and then see it was Olimar.... :(

I'm definately not going to say anyhting bad about a newcomer, but I wish it was someone else. Maybe because jsut by looking at the Pikmin games, I didn't like them.

Still, it's awesome news to finally get a newcomer.

Blackadder

Smash Master
It's funny ho people say "the drought has ended." These updates seem the same level to me. *shrug*

I hope he still runs with his arms outstretched like a teddy bear. It's so cute when he does that in the games!
What? Men can have softer sides as well! :(

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman

lol it seems like I'm just going crazy posting when I'm not.. Anyway, what if he moonwalks or something?

... No, I mean as if he were walking on the moon?

I don't think that's how it worked in his games though.. hmmm....

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I fell asleep for two hours and wake up to a WARNING NEW CHALLENEGER APROACHING.... and then see it was Olimar.... :(

I'm definately not going to say anyhting bad about a newcomer, but I wish it was someone else. Maybe because jsut by looking at the Pikmin games, I didn't like them.

OMG, I did the same thing, except I woke up about 2:15 EST and hit refresh and was like WOAH. Although for me it was a good woah, lol Glad to see Olimar and his Pikmin made the game, I know some people don't think this, but IMO they deserved to be playable.

worldjem7

Smash Ace

See? I'm not the only one who doesn't like the Pikmin games.

I'm in the same boat as Chi. Getting a newcomer is fine and all but, someone else would have been better.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I'll admit, I definitely saw Olimar more as assist trophy material, but at this point, I'm just glad to have another new comer. He certainly looks like an interesting character. Hurrah for Olimar!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ha! I knew they would do something unique with Olimer...

Love it!!!

Hate his render though...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Funny how all of those people never actually played them...:psycho:

Oh, and who may I ask would have been better? Geno or another crap 3rd party?
Funny how you're so defensive of this character.

Geez, some people just prefer other people. I personally couldn't care because I haven't played the game. But it's another character to play as, so it's great.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I wonder - do you think the state of a Pikmin's flower affects his gameplay? Perhaps the ones with flowers are stronger than ones still budding? Just a completely random guess from a guy who doesn't really know anything about the Pikmin series, heh.

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
This is the first character update which got me going "...What?" but not in a GOOD way. I mean, I'm all for new playable characters, especially ones that look like they're going to have quite a unique move set, but at the moment I'm just kind of wishing that the newcomer was someone else. Sorry Olimar fans. :(

Looks like I'm not the only person who isn't all that excited about Olimar, though. Maybe I should just pick up a Pikmin game, I don't know.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Funny how all of those people never actually played them...:psycho:

Oh, and who may I ask would have been better? Geno or another crap 3rd party?
Pikmin was real popular eh? Well I'm just going to stop talking now because people are proving my point anyway. lol Good night.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Funny how you're so defensive of this character.

Geez, some people just prefer other people. I personally couldn't care because I haven't played the game. But it's another character to play as, so it's great.
Why is that so funny?

Besides, I just find it ridiculous that people wouldn't want this character. People complain about clones, but when a completely original character is announced...they are upset. I didn't want Sonic or Snake. And I couldn't care less about Lucas or Ike. Yet when they were revealed, I was excited about it. I thought they looked great.

Anyway, all I have to say is...Booya!

Pikmin was real popular eh? Well I'm just going to stop talking now because people are proving my point anyway. lol Good night.
What point was that? That you guys have no taste?

Teevo

Smash Rookie
I'm actually extremely surprised at how many people are upset over Olimar. Pikmin 2 is one of the greatest games ever concieved by mankind, (or any other species for that matter). Olimar's about a bajillion times better than Diddy Kong (bless his heart), but eh, I'm thinking about maining him, so if I do it just means I'll feel more unique when I play online.

the master of legends

Smash Cadet
I opened up enternet explorer and loaded up the dojo site and amazingly it said new challenger approaches...my heart was racing "oh please be mega man!" and then i scrolled down and it was pikmen and olimar, and after seeing him I knew....I knew that everyone else that I want to be in brawl probably will be and that my friends is a great feeling indeed.

Synth_Guru

Smash Rookie
i'm just glad that **** spot was filled on dojo...good lord! i have to admit that i was not expecting olimar though, but that's cool.

Synth_Guru

Smash Rookie
so he has to pull pikmin from the ground....like peach with her turnips? seems like he's going to be entertaining to say the least.

Top Bottom