• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

IDk if your dissing me because you said it in such a smart way. im not the one mad about the update. this kid missed school for an update not ssbb itself but an update thats not common sense
I'm not dissing anyone, i'm just making a point. I didn't sound that intelligent...

I guess if you make the theory arbitrary enough, things will start to fit it eventually... :p

And what the hell? Kids are skipping school to look at updates? What's wrong with you people??
Seriously, what's up with that? Can't you just check it on the computer before you go to school or something? Doesn't your school have a library? >_>

No school skipping johns.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I guess if you make the theory arbitrary enough, things will start to fit it eventually... :p

And what the hell? Kids are skipping school to look at updates? What's wrong with you people??
QFT x 2

Every theory around here is chalk-full of exceptions that no one explains. It is all arbitrary.

courte

Smash Lord
unfortunately

then how about Peach's Castle and Luigi
a double mario update.......good idea no?
past secret characters are never released from 64 and gcn and the mushroon kingdom has already had a stage release

Kirby's franchise has yet to remain the only issue is mario kart i'd imagine that theyd make it a mushroom kingdom rep stage at first i thought ds but they could have had animal crossing take on that logo as well

if they do release captain falcon or luigi it would probably be under "Secret Characters from past installments" i'd bet my left eyesballs on it

AfroThunder396

Smash Cadet
I have to say I'm very disappointed. Granted the chances of a new character was fairly slim, but I was at least expecting some new stage or a kick-*** item. Even a SSE video would have been awsome. But freakin' friend codes? Wtf. And he doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I could be playing Brawl right now.

Maybe he'll throw a curveball and release a character tomorrow, since everyone was expecting it today. But I'm not going to get my hopes up about any update from now on. I think we've learned our lesson.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I have to say I'm very disappointed. Granted the chances of a new character was fairly slim, but I was at least expecting some new stage or a kick-*** item. Even a SSE video would have been awsome. But freakin' friend codes? Wtf. And he doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I could be playing Brawl right now.

Maybe he'll throw a curveball and release a character tomorrow, since everyone was expecting it today. But I'm not going to get my hopes up about any update from now on. I think we've learned our lesson.
That would be a sound decision since Sakurai is like the most random person ever. Trying to pin when he updates what is just stupid

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow i predict

well

item or how to play from previous installments

or a character update

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Ooh, I wouldn't want to be in Sakurai's shoes when he picks the final 3rd party character for Brawl.

Sora, Megaman, Bomberman, Sonic the Giraffe, Elvis, Bruce Forsyth.

Oooh, teh pooserbulatuies!

M.K

Level 55
Let me see...horrid update. If I wanted this update, I could go to Nintendo.com and read about ANY OTHER ONLINE WII GAME's CAPABILITIES.

Still, this week, NEWCOMER!! I'm a strong believer in the 3 Newcomers every other month theory.

SonicMario

Smash Master
There's a thread that states ther emight be a possibilitiy for more then 3. Noting Sakauri saying "Maybe?", and now some people are expecting 4-5.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Ooh, I wouldn't want to be in Sakurai's shoes when he picks the final 3rd party character for Brawl.

Sora, Megaman, Bomberman, Sonic the Giraffe, Elvis, Bruce Forsyth.

Oooh, teh pooserbulatuies!
more than likely its already been picked and is being tweaked and toyed with as i speak, Sakurai just has a knack for making us wait for good stuff

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
I swear that this day will be one of the LOL at days when Brawl comes out. I made a slight chuckle when I saw the update.
I went through something similar.
I even put a piece of cardboard in front of the screen and slid it down until I got to see the colour of the update, which was yellow and I was like. "New Mode!?!??!?! OMG!!!"
....friend codes....
I was like... ha... ok... rub it in Sakurai, just rub it really hard into our heads.

It was like he was looking for what the fans didn't want, and with a big evil, sadistic grin on his face, he put ..... friend codes....

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
I swear that this day will be one of the LOL at days when Brawl comes out. I made a slight chuckle when I saw the update.
I went through something similar.
I even put a piece of cardboard in front of the screen and slid it down until I got to see the colour of the update, which was yellow and I was like. "New Mode!?!??!?! OMG!!!"
....friend list....
I was like... ha... ok... rub it in Sakurai, just rub it really hard into our heads.

It was like he was looking for what the fans didn't want, and with a big evil, sadistic grin on his face, he put ..... friend list....

And there were only two exclamation point sin the whole updated.
It was boring...

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Let me see...horrid update. If I wanted this update, I could go to Nintendo.com and read about ANY OTHER ONLINE WII GAME's CAPABILITIES.

Still, this week, NEWCOMER!! I'm a strong believer in the 3 Newcomers every other month theory.
Agree, but I have to admit the "Real men use items" ALMOST compensates the over-hype... almost...

And I also agree in the 3-0 theory, and besides WE ARE DUE A NEWCOMER! It's been a whole month of bleh updates (except for MK music, Jazz rocks :p).

I think that the dates to watch for are 14th (since corocoro announces the starting roster the 15th, saturday btw) and 17th (megaman anniversary)

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
Ha ha... Sakurai, if it wasn't for your sense of humor....

newcomer tommorow

i doubt what i say

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
past secret characters are never released from 64 and gcn and the mushroon kingdom has already had a stage release

Kirby's franchise has yet to remain the only issue is mario kart i'd imagine that theyd make it a mushroom kingdom rep stage at first i thought ds but they could have had animal crossing take on that logo as well

if they do release captain falcon or luigi it would probably be under "Secret Characters from past installments" i'd bet my left eyesballs on it
don't forget that zelda has two stages now so i really want peach's castle to be back
such a nice stage

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
its as if this update is a seive to get red of the unloyal fans and leave only the truly dedecated brawlers... or maybe he read these threads, and realized none of this stuff was in brawl, if not he wasnt ready to announce it just yet, and is this just another one of those crappy updates, no, it is the update we got when we were supposed to be playing brawl anyways, but i cant belive that on today of all days he gave us generally the worst uptate ever to hit the dojo, in my oppenion.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
These past few weeks have been full of "Well I kinda knew this was coming" Updates. I really want something unexpected. Perhaps they are saving that for after the release.

Capt. Falcon will be tomorrow's update. I am sure of it. Well more hopeful than sure.

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
These past few weeks have been full of "Well I kinda knew this was coming" Updates. I really want something unexpected. Perhaps they are saving that for after the release.

Capt. Falcon will be tomorrow's update. I am sure of it. Well more hopeful than sure.[/QUOTE

(agreed).:ohwell:

Adreem

Smash Rookie
I'd really love to see updates for Zelda.

She's my favorite, and best character...

So like...

I'm getting really sad not knowing what has changed with her.

Please Mr. Sakurai, show us some Zelda. <3

I'm also gonna just pretend every update is gonna be lame so that when something great pops up (Zelda) I'll be sustained. (:

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
Geno tomorrow, not really because of the fake site, I feel it in my bones.(I havent been right yet once.)

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Here's hoping for something good.

Expecting a character, ready for disappointment.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
Geno tomorrow, not really because of the fake site, I feel it in my bones.(I havent been right yet once.)
OOH LETS HOPE HES NOT TOMORROW!!! :):chuckle:
if these updates suck i aint checkin that website anymore the updates are REALLLY and i mean REALLLY starting to suck

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I'm not dissing anyone, i'm just making a point. I didn't sound that intelligent...

Seriously, what's up with that? Can't you just check it on the computer before you go to school or something? Doesn't your school have a library? >_>

No school skipping johns.
good point this time you win but next time your going DOWN DOWN DOWN!!
Jk

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
god, im done asking for stuff, i just want something good to end this terrible update drought...

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
today's update will be that the game was never made and they just made really cool pics for show. I hope to god this won't happen.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
c falcon isnt going to be confirmed on the dojo cuz he will be unlockable, im tired of seeing this everywhere @_________________________@,

im guessing the update tomorrow will be a new pokeball pkmn, we havent had one in a while, ( altho it will most likely be some useless detailed explanation of something he already confirmed )

M.K

Level 55
@Chaos Paladin, is that Kakashi and his Uchiha partner from Kakashi Gaiden? What is the Uchiha's name?

Here we go...uh tommorow? Worthless crap, yay.

king_neeso

Smash Apprentice
Every time Sakurai gives us a crappy update. A puppy, 2 kittens a turtle and an African rhino dies.

lol that mst mean that they all are nearly extincted hahahahaha

Top Bottom