• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is a douche +1
Lol I realize what's going on here now!

Douche bags with time machines (from Robot Chicken)

Some douche bag went back in time and changed an awesomely epic Dec 3rd update to "Friend List"

It all makes sense...

Eagle

Smash Lord
I demand an apology from the person that hyped me up so much.

I even fell asleep to make the update come faster! (I'm not American, it's not bed time.)

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
This was so worth staying up all night for *sarcasm*....Maybe tomorrows updated will be better.
I've become a pessimist so... probably not.

Anyway it would have been a pretty good update had I not been expecting to see God through the Dojo.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Great Update (not being sarcastic). I am able to appreciate this update because I wasnt expecting december 3rd to be all special or something.
I, too, didn't expect much out of today. I had hope that maybe we would have a new character because I supported the 3-0-3-0 theory, and because this was a new month, and it was the first of the month, we would get a character.

Overall, an okay update. If you were expecting more out of today, you fail.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
todays update not so bad... names available on wii internet = win.. plus a buncha laughs for people expecting something huge.... and also sakurai is hilarious the way he toys with people... just look

just cause there was no char today means the 3-0-3-0 is false yet theres a whole month to go

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Sakurai just slapped us in the face, almost all of what he stated today, was stated before minus a few minor details. Seeing how this is the original Brawl release date, and he dose that to us, it seems that hes have very little connection to Nintendo itself, and has very little care of what goes out as long as it can extend the update length to Feb 10th.

He could have at least held this off for a day instead of having us walk through the door and a Home Run Bat greets us in the face.

I may sound unappreciative, however, it doesn't feel like he made any note of, "Ok, Brawl was meant for December 3rd, I'll post something to keep their hopes up." Instead its, "Ok, I need another filler update, I love extending anime- I mean 'blog' updates :)"

I hope this was only an error...

iLink

Smash Champion
not surprising really but it pissed me off knowing this was so obvious from the whole wi-fi confirmation thing.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
As if a horrible update wasn't enough, he had to throw in something that would completely respark all of the casual vs. competitive crap... >_<

Koji Syntax

Smash Cadet
It's really sad... Originally when the release date was extended, I said that it was good, the game would be better, have less bugs, and more content. I expected good content on Dojo as well... and it has only been crap, so now I'm wondering. WHAT ARE THEY DOING.... they have to be doing something huge if we are only getting crap on this end... os in that, i am still a little hopeful...

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Hey, The Hypnotist is on to something... Wii Friend codes have 4 parts... the friend codes in the screenshots only have 3...

SUB Z€R0

Smash Apprentice
It's really sad... Originally when the release date was extended, I said that it was good, the game would be better, have less bugs, and more content. I expected good content on Dojo as well... and it has only been crap, so now I'm wondering. WHAT ARE THEY DOING.... they have to be doing something huge if we are only getting crap on this end... os in that, i am still a little hopeful...
EXACTLY what i thought

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Great Update (not being sarcastic). I am able to appreciate this update because I wasnt expecting december 3rd to be all special or something.

GREAT update. Yeah, we knew about Smash codes, but this confirms something: NAMES!

And we got some new screens. Nice win of an update, Sakurai! Thanks.

And double win for me personally, 3-0-3-0 = EPICLY PWNED!!!

Confirms what? Names? You might want to check back on the very first Wifi update.

Without a doubt, this is one of the most terrible updates ever, due to its position, content (or lack thereof, almost everything in this had already been released exceept maybe the "connection sphere" thing) Lets list the tick off points:

1. Extends the already enormous and unprecedented character drought.

2. Kicks Americans in the face for expecting something from the original release date.

3. Adds almost NO new information at all.

I don't even know why I wait up for the updates anymore. Sakurai has broken my spirit. I always hope against hope that something huge will come, and recently it never has. What a way to treat the frothing fans.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
We already knew Brawl friend codes =/= wii #.

ANYway, I found this update to be hilarious if nothing else. Nate Bihldorf is my hero.

SUB Z€R0

Smash Apprentice
The only real info is that "Real men use items!" I seriously thought that people that didn't use items and actually set up combo's were the "Real men"

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
In the end, I say Sakurai gave us a Boot the the Head. Why? Who is to say, HOWEVER, I wonder how the Japaneses are responding to this. Can someone find a Japaneses forum for Brawl and see if they are ranting too or just going with it?

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
Considering my extreme love for smash, I've been taking the delay pretty well.

But you know what I just realized?

It's Dec 3rd. He still has THIS on his site.

That really, really, gets me pissed.

I mean Mother-

Top Bottom