• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Considering my extreme love for smash, I've been taking the delay pretty well.

But you know what I just realized?

It's Dec 3rd. He still has THIS on his site.

That really, really, gets me pissed.

I mean Mother-
I agree. You think they'd at least cover that up or something...Pretend that never happened...

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
EXACTLY what i thought
I hope you guys realize that the stuff on the Dojo is only a small percentage of the total game.
How many of you knew of a stage-builder, or Melee stages releasing, or a Pictochat stage when E 4 All went on?

Yeah. That's what I thought. Yes we are getting superbly crappy updates, but that doesn't mean the game is lacking content.

If anything, from today's update, it looks like they could have possible improved the online combat, (G4 said that's why they delayed the game, and frankly, if they did delay the game to improve online play, I'm completely behind Sakki), and hopefully it's not laggy.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Yeah. That's what I thought. Yes we are getting superbly crappy updates, but that doesn't mean the game is lacking content.
Yous missing the point my friend. We arnt saying the game is going to be bad cause of these updates or that the game is lacking content. We're saying we could go for some better updates. And Why did you mention the good ones that we liked. Umm We liked the Melee Stages, and we Love the stage builder (picto-chat can suck my ballz). And this update I think is pretty cool and I like it.

But we can all agree that we would much rather of had this update 2morrow and an epic one tonight because tonight was the original release date. We were going to be playing Brawl... Maybe right now if GameStops had a 12:00 selling.
He could have at leaset filled us with something in place of that.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He didn't do it for the Japanese, so why for us?

Here's hoping we'll at least see some new character information (or at least veterans) this month.

courte

Smash Lord
ok you all read the report by the mods explaining how sakurai makes these updates in month long bundles and then sends them out in advance to be translated

PERHAPS THIS WAS INTENDED TO HELP SOME PEOPLE who couldn't figure out how to make their online work when they came home and finished subspace early this morning

i mean i would certainly like to think he would have taken the date and its significance to us into account but honestly developing a game this big forgetting something like this can't be that big on his radar when hes trying to DIRECT AND DESIGN an awesome game

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
I'm still trying to devise an experiment to test this, but here's my working hypothesis:

Everyone who is complaining about the "quality" of the updates, if they were to have their way, would be the first people to sign on after the game's release and claim too much has been spoiled beforehand.

This is a marketing gimmick! Do I expect commericials not to be loud and annoying? Then why do you expect the updates to be regular, revealing, and informative?

I'm not trying to "whine about whiners;" y'all can go on whining for all I care. I just don't think you really have any basis for your assumptions beyond your own desires and meaningless "patterns."

gamer8

Smash Lord
When I saw today's update... you should have seen how angry I was... wtf were they thinking?1?!? I was pissed off, tomorrow I'll DIE if we get a how to...

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Well, look on the bright side, according to the 'theory' that's been out there, this month should be better than november. It could include characters.
Or not!
Have you people thought about the possibility that any more "cool stuff" that would make "cool updates"is being kept secret until the game comes out? At least, in Japan!
Man! If you want all the cool stuff revealed then you're going to be left with what? a few secret stages and characters when you buy the game?
Man, just be patient!
Just be glad the entire year of 2007 is basically gone and now you have only few months to go through.
We've all been through an entire year AND a delay, 3 months won't hurt.

I'm a bit annoyed at the update, and you know why? I expected too much, I had my standarts way too high.
Friend list? For me, not caring much about online in smash brothers, it particularly annoyed me. It was more useless than an item for me. I'll very rarely use these things.

From now on I'll expect crappy updates. So I'll either think, there you go another crappy update, or I'll go totally bonkers with a character revelation or something.

Just keep your standards low from now on. That's my advice.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
This is totally off topic, but why did Legolastom get banned? Did it have to do with the whole Ridley thing?

And yeah... pretty bad update. He's treating us like idiots. lol. I mean, even if this is the first online game people play, they can figure it out on their own.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i can't belive that i missed a day from school for a stupied update
sakurai is going to pay for this:mad:
whos fault is that. you guys were acting like he said it himself that you will get a special update because today was spose to be the date brawl comes out.:mad:
you should know not to trust him completely bye this time.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
This is totally off topic, but why did Legolastom get banned? Did it have to do with the whole Ridley thing?

And yeah... pretty bad update. He's treating us like idiots. lol. I mean, even if this is the first online game people play, they can figure it out on their own.

yes and because he was saying rude things and things like that
but i guess the main thing was because of the Ridley thing
;)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
i can't belive that i missed a day from school for a stupied update
sakurai is going to pay for this:mad:
You skipped school for an update?
That's just silly, I'm sorry.

Anyway, this update left a bad taste in my mouth alongside the widescreen option update. Why does Sakurai feel it important to add things that should be explained in the game manual alone to us? It's like like none of us have ever seen an "Options" menu while playing a videogame before.

whos fault is that. you guys were acting like he said it himself that you will get a special update because today was spose to be the date brawl comes out.:mad:
you should know not to trust him completely bye this time.
There shouldn't be any need for 'trust' when 'common sense' should have been permanently documented in your brain and rationalize the situation accordingly. Instead, they dash away common sense, and hope for a miracle because the past wasn't as bright, thus developing a theory that the future holds promises . A game delay isn't a memorial celebration; it's a prolonging.

Seriously Brawl Boards...

Quit being stupid.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

Quit being stupid.
This should go to all the theories towards the updates. Seriously. There's no plausible pattern we could think of.

3-0-3-0 newcomers makes no sense at all. FYI, the only month they had three newcomers in were October!

He doesn't need to leave us something earth-shattering on Friday's.

Or Thursday's

Or AMERICAN holidays.

Or holidays, in general.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Looking for Isaac's confirmation in tomorrow's update, you know, dreaming is allowed )':

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
There shouldn't be any need for 'trust' when 'common sense' should have been permanently documented in your brain and rationalize the situation accordingly. Instead, they dash away common sense, and hope for a miracle because the past wasn't as bright, thus developing a theory that the future holds promises . A game delay isn't a memorial celebration; it's a prolonging.

Quit being stupid.
IDk if your dissing me because you said it in such a smart way. im not the one mad about the update. this kid missed school for an update not ssbb itself but an update thats not common sense

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
"Newcomers" in terms of this theory, are the characters new to the series we didn't already know about from the first trailer.
I guess if you make the theory arbitrary enough, things will start to fit it eventually... :p

And what the hell? Kids are skipping school to look at updates? What's wrong with you people??

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for a much better update today, you know, being the day Brawl was supposed to be released, up until October 11th...

But it isn't that bad, a week from now, it will be just two more months until Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out and we can actually play it rather than reading updates about it.

It's already less than ten weeks until February 10th, less than seventy days and it will be out in store shelves, it is just a little longer, just think how long we've already been waiting, in comparison, this is a brief time more to have to wait.

But, I must say, I hope he will at least give a nice update for December 25th, but judging by today's little letdown, that may well not happen.

Think on the bright side, at least the starting roster will be revealed on December 15th, I wonder who will be unlockable that we know of, and if there is a starting character or two that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Amen eagle, living in mexico kicks major *** XD

anyway this update is dissapointing in levels I can simply express... no megaman? wtf?!

Top Bottom