• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Let's face it, it's not the best update, but it's still cool. It's a solid update, and learning anything more about the Subspace Emissary is nice, with it being such a new aspect to the Smash series.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
What a terrible update.

I'm already sick of Subspace updates in general. I'd much rather wait and see it all for myself when the game releases. But this one is much, much worse. There isn't even anything Smash about this. They're not enemies from different franchises or anything. Unless you count R.O.B., which, we already knew about.

Some of them look kinda neat I guess, but come on. I would've rathered a How to Play update over this.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I suppose a Sub Space Emissary update was long overdue, but so is a newcomer character update... :ohwell:

I have class at 9 am, best be getting to sleep. :laugh:

TwilitWings

Smash Rookie
Although I'm not sure if I'm too excited over the enemies themselves, I'm having fun trying to identify the backgrounds they're in. I don't quite recognize all of them--particularly the pool one behind the "Bytan" (which I will probably end up calling voltorb or something).

gnosis

Smash Lord
This is probably my favorite SE update. Just because it solidified that it's gonna have variety and be involved. Dunno why.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Bytan, Roader.. Poppant? Is he pulling these names out of his ass?
The names, their concepts, and their overall look and feel.
These things are pretty crappy, it really looks like the concept artists took a ball, a gun, and a triangle, and smooshed them all into characters.

Seriously, I invented more creative things when I was 2.
This stuff is pretty weak. Why don't they just stick with Goombas, Pikmin, and other Nintendo characters? Why not?

Far more epic.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The names, their concepts, and their overall look and feel.
These things are pretty crappy, it really looks like the concept artists took a ball, a gun, and a triangle, and smooshed them all into characters.

Seriously, I invented more creative things when I was 2.
This stuff is pretty weak. Why don't they just stick with Goombas, Pikmin, and other Nintendo characters? Why not?

Far more epic.
Because their enemy is not Bowser or Dedede...It's some armless Kingdom Hearts-Black Mage copy thing

Weed

Smash Lord
Because their enemy is not Bowser or Dedede...It's some armless Kingdom Hearts-Black Mage copy thing
No, it's completely original ****.
Because Masahiro Sakurai proclaims it, it is the word.
If he can turn Lyn into an AT, he can make anything original he wants.

Blackadder

Smash Master
So? The main enemy wasn't Ganon or Bowser in Melee, but the adventure mode took their minions as enemies. I think that was the right direction.

But a copy of Hearts? I agree here. Only this is executed badly...
I hope that they don't take this to far away from what Smash is about:
Nintendo all stars.

(I think Fanwgie just said that on AIM)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, it's completely original ****.
Because Masahiro Sakurai proclaims it, it is the word.
If he can turn Lyn into an AT, he can make anything original he wants.
They had to get rid of Lyn so Taka could be playable

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
I have a feeling the Subspace Emissary is going to feel a lot like a Kingdom Hearts adventure feel to it more than anything else.

C'mon, think about it. When they created Kingdom hearts, they had to create some uber unique badass enemy that was neither Disney nor Square-Enix related that was taking over both worlds. So I'm thinking the same concept is going go to into this, except as a side scroller, of course.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I have a feeling the Subspace Emissary is going to feel a lot like a Kingdom Hearts adventure feel to it more than anything else.

C'mon, think about it. When they created Kingdom hearts, they had to create some uber unique badass enemy that was neither Disney nor Square-Enix related that was taking over both worlds. So I'm thinking the same concept is going go to into this, except as a side scroller, of course.
Lets just hope these enemies aren't as annoying as some of the Heartless. If they make a giant fat Subspace dude that you can't hurt from the front I'm gonna be a little annoyed cause I hated fighting those Fat Heartless.

I really hope we get a new PC soon.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Lets just hope these enemies aren't as annoying as some of the Heartless. If they make a giant fat Subspace dude that you can't hurt from the front I'm gonna be a little annoyed cause I hated fighting those Fat Heartless.

I really hope we get a new PC soon.
I dunno if they were more annoying of the PS2 version or on Chain of memories! I'm going for CoM.

Well, I'd have to say... a Newcomer. It's been a while.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I liked today updates, sure they may not be awesome, but are original, the biker one, the reproducing balls and the fog guy ar pretty original in my eyes...

I would have prefered a vid but I like the enemies, tought we are missing a few...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
how abuot sumthing gud am i rite ?

Seriously I don't care. Even How to Play is a better update than the garbage we got last night.

Hopefully we'll still see some sort of character this week.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
My predictions: Character, Final Smash or Stage... although I'm hoping for a new char, if it's a veteran then Falcon if a newcomer then I don't care, hoping Ridley and Wolf will make it in the game though.

Drake3

Smash Ace
It's definitely going to be a Final Smash. But I pray to God that it's secretly Zelda's movelist. It's the only update I want. The rest I can wait until Brawl comes out but I have to know what they did to her @_@.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
It's definitely going to be a Final Smash. But I pray to God that it's secretly Zelda's movelist. It's the only update I want. The rest I can wait until Brawl comes out but I have to know what they did to her @_@.

Amen. It's nice to see another Zelda user. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Want: Geno

Newcomer: Lucas

Veteran: C. Falcon

Other: Laser Sword

Weed

Smash Lord
Making a wild guess for tonight

It isn't C.Falcon, we aint gonna see him for a long time, by the looks of it.

It's a video

Blackadder

Smash Master
Making a wild guess for tonight

It isn't C.Falcon, we aint gonna see him for a long time, by the looks of it.

It's a video
That is a wild guess.
I'm going for an item, or music, or summat low-priority.
I don't expect much after WI-FI was shown.

...Or we could have Ganon confirmed as a playable character!:p

Top Bottom