• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Florida

イーグランツ
Hmmm... I'll most likely be adding my best friend on this site to my list first.

... I need a friend. >.>

Blackadder

Smash Master
MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Bring it!!! :flame:

*Does the Souja Boy step all over house to celebrate*
Wow! I didn't even know about the emotion! :flame:
You know, this update has me all jumpy and peppy.
*Also dances round house*

Lol... Pheonix down.... funny funny stuff.

Anyhow... I'm bizarrely unexcited about this for some reason... I dunno why, I thought it was cool when I first heard it might be in Brawl but... perhaps I'm broken?
You need to go to the doctors. ;)
Seriously though, when I first saw this, all I thought about was "shit, SWF will go stir crazy!
But now, suddenly, I'm all hyped.

Throw me on there, Mr. Dawn Patrol.
'Cuz Metaknight and I have a few things to discuss with you---at sword-point, that is.
*Adds to my list*
This thing is a word document now! Your Meta does not scare me!
I have GANON!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I posted this in another topic already, but... look at the avatars screenshot. IT's down a bit.

If that's down two rows... thats 21 symbols including the smash symbol...

So, assuming Game and Watch comes back... Thats three unconfirmed series for brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh yes, I'm always the one who kills the excitement... Anyways:

Maybe I'm looking way too much into this... but could that be the whole starting roster right there? It's weird that it stops at Pokemon Trainer...

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Is there already, or has anyone considered starting a master thread where everyone can add themselves to a list under each state so people know who else is in there area and know who to exchange Wii numbers with to set up matches? I think this would be a really good idea. Most people on smashboards have not played each other and at least this way we won't have to play random and hope we get a good connection. We will know who we're playing and know they live close by and even be able to discuss matches, film them, start threads for each state to set up times for groups to meet up and play.

It could be a pretty cool idea. So yeah, is there anything like that already, or is anyone interested in getting something like that going? It would probably be good to get it started now so by the time Brawl is out, we already have this all set up and ready to go. I'd do it myself, but I figure someone else would be better at organizing it all.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm so happy right now, I literally can't contain it!!!!

I'm going to walk to 7-11 (Seven Eleven).

:p
I'm estatic, I'm posting like a maniac. Or..like I used to. XD

Oh yes, I'm always the one who kills the excitement... Anyways:

Maybe I'm looking way too much into this... but could that be the whole starting roster right there? It's weird that it stops at Pokemon Trainer...
I think it's just all the characters we have seen, and nothing more. As you can see, it shows there is a scroll option, meaning there are more pics below it. I think he has just aranged them to not spoil anything.

Is there already, or has anyone considered starting a master thread where everyone can add themselves to a list under each state so people know who else is in there area and know who to exchange Wii numbers with to set up matches? I think this would be a really good idea. Most people on smashboards have not played each other and at least this way we won't have to play random and hope we get a good connection. We will know who we're playing and know they live close by and even be able to discuss matches, film them, start threads for each state to set up times for groups to meet up and play.

It could be a pretty cool idea. So yeah, is there anything like that already, or is anyone interested in getting something like that going? It would probably be good to get it started now so by the time Brawl is out, we already have this all set up and ready to go. I'd do it myself, but I figure someone else would be better at organizing it all.
That's a pretty good idea.

I think that one of the forum sections have that already though. You can check if you like.

Blackadder

Smash Master
that made me lol'd

man i love you guys x]

cant wait to get ***** online :chuckle:
Ohho, you will be. You will be. :flame:
In fact, Ima **** all of you! Ya'll won't know what happend when I blast into the game...or will you?

Who knows. Also, that Bushido guy is onto summat. I think we should have a giant thread thingy like that.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
my only question is will you be able to play online with more than one player from one Wii??

meaning can me can my roomate go online from our Wii and find two other people to play with??

I think it would be really fun to do 2v2 matches like that

Teevo

Smash Rookie
Actually I find that interesting that you say that, it seems they have the box art up at IGN for Brawl... and it includes all those characters... (I think). I was actually thinking, judging from that that we currently have the opening roster for Brawl. Just a speculation though.

my only question is will you be able to play online with more than one player from one Wii??

meaning can me can my roomate go online from our Wii and find two other people to play with??

I think it would be really fun to do 2v2 matches like that
If you are both connected to the same registered Wi-Fi connector, and play via friend code, yes, you can do that.:)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
If you are both connected to the same registered Wi-Fi connector, and play via friend code, yes, you can do that.:)
so you dont think it will be possible to do that in the "play vs anyone" mode?

sorry if i seem unclear to anyone. what im trying to ask is do you think it will be possible to play online with two players from one Wii?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I guess I'm alone in this department... while I am totally thrilled by online being officially announced I am also thoroughly dissappointed. Mainly by two things:

1. The only form of communication in game is short preset taunts (may be the only form of communication period).

This really dissappoints me. Brawl is supposed to be top tier, grade A, top of the line material... yet no voice chat. You dissappoint me, Nintendo. Hopefully this will change in the future.

2. Not being able to see or know anything about your opponents in Worldwide Mode and the matches not counting toward a ranking of any sort.

While I can see the pros to this, it's the cons that really stick out to me. You can't join a random game and go, for example, "Hey, I've seen that guy Kashakunaki on Smashboards before. This will be fun." Not to mention your friends list will be completely overrun if you try to track down every person because you have to add them to even know who they are.

The matches not counting toward a ranking in worldwide mode irritates me because... well, isn't it obvious? The only matches that count are the matches against people you probably play all the time: the ones on your friend's list, and those probably will end up being the friendliest of friendly matches more times than not. It's kind of sad. Rankings should display how you fair against everyone relatively, not your friends, and others should be able to view that in worldwide mode.

Sigh...

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
The Dojo said:
These short messages are entered in advance, and you send them by taunting. There are four messages for the four directions on the + Control Pad: Up, down, left and right.
Did anyone notice this yet...?

Does that mean... four different taunts?

Probably not, as it could just be four messages for the same taunt... but... we did see what looked like the Ice Climbers doing two different taunts...

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
So I guess Mario and DK have the same taunts. That's kind of lame. You would think they'd spice things up a bit in that department. Of course it could be 4 different taunts, but the problem I have is that the taunts have to be short, so what if I want to do a few in a row to say something longer. For example...

Up - Haha, you
Left - just got
Down - your ***
Right - Raaaaped!!!

If you could enter them as fast as you'd like then that would be fine, but what if it's only one text bubble per taunt? Meaning you have to wait for the taunt to finish before you can do another one? Then you'd never have time to get it all out. Hopefully if it's in the middle of the up taunt and you read "Haha, you", you can continue to the next line during the first taunt, so you can get it all out.

I can already see it now. My taunts will be as follows.

I'll set each taunt for the four characters I use.

Up taunt for YL - "mmmmm..." (drinking the milk) ... (if he's still in the game!)
Right for Samus - "Queef!" (cuz I decided her taunt sound is a queef)
Down for Ganondorf - "Muahahaha!" (going along with the laugh taunt)
Left for Captain Falcon - Eat Knee!" (for obvious reasons)

Sinn

Smash Lord
:: wakes up ::

:: checks site ::

O_O

Best. Mode update. EVER.

EDIT: @Kashakunaki: You know that one voice chatting program that those insanely large groups of WoW players use to help coordinate their efforts in high level dungeons? Yeah, I don't know the name either. But I imagine that this community will start using it for the purposes of online tournaments.

But on the bright side...did you see that one screen shot? Room for 64 friend codes at a time! You can have a killer tournament with that many allowed at once, even if it'll take some preparation ahead of time. This game is going to rock so hard.

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
Freaking awesome. "We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy." I look forward to it.

Now, how the heck is Sakurai gonna follow up this update? Can anything match it?:lick:

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
OMG!!!!!!

Wi-Fi ?!?!?!??!
That was pretty much my reaction when I woke up this morning. This is so awesome. I figured that Sakurai might do something pretty cool for the 100th update, but never this. This game is fast becoming one of the best ever. Look at all the stuff they've crammed into it so far, and that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We just had three consecutive fire alarms at 5:00 AM at my dorm. After the third one, I plopped in front of my computer, thinking "how could this day start off any worse?"

Ummmm...hello!!!

Can't wait to face members of the Smashboards!

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
No problem! and... uh...

As I traverse the battlefields of Smash with my vulpine avatar...
I find the Japanese swordsman of my nightmares...
whose forward smash cut through my shield...
Like a razor blade through my wrist.

=p
dirty........ mind if i use it in a song? :D

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
Cool. But, i think there's going to be a final smash soon... it's been quite a while, and there are several characters that have not had their final smashes revealed.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Cool. But, i think there's going to be a final smash soon... it's been quite a while, and there are several characters that have not had their final smashes revealed.
That's actually very right. Particularly, we should be getting Kirby's Final Smash soon...

I think that the next time we get one of those, it will be his, Since we are finally getting to the last things that we know about from the old trailers. Whats all left?:

Snake
Snake's Stage
Mario Circuit
Crawling
and Kirby's Final Smash.

Did I miss anything?

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
yeah, you missed a lot, but that's ok, you should stop cutting your wrists :p
But how else would I express my inner anguish and frustration at life itself while at the same time satisfying my carnal masochistic urges!? =p

But seriously, other than what I listed, what else has Sakurai not yet revealed on the Dojo. Nothing is immediately coming to my mind.

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
you could walk through a forest at night and smash up spider webs :D

There several final smashes to be revealed - meta knight, kirby, pokemon trainer (lol?), diddy kong, ike, fox, etc. the special moves are different than final smashes, most of the special moves have been revealed but there are still a lot of final smashes that have not been shown yet!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
you could walk through a forest at night and smash up spider webs :D

There several final smashes to be revealed - meta knight, kirby, pokemon trainer (lol?), diddy kong, ike, fox, etc. the special moves are different than final smashes, most of the special moves have been revealed but there are still a lot of final smashes that have not been shown yet!
Yay Spidery death! :O

Oh, and you misunderstood me.

I meant shown in the original trailers. You know, the ones that we have SEEN before. Of course we know there will be more than that, but I was referring to what we have seen. We've seen Mario Circuit, Snakes Stage, Snake, Kirby's Final Smash, and Crawling. I'll go ahead and Add Zelda's special moves to that list, and maybe a few more of those that were seen in the trailers. The key word though is "seen" ^_^

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that the rest of the week is going to be terrible.

I don't know though. It's kind of half and half. This was a relatively big update, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's the big one of the week. On the other hand, Sakurai didn't seem very excited about it, so maybe he doesn't consider it big at all.

Well.. I still see a character this week (Falcon or newcomer). Probably music, and.. how to play? Those two are the ones we haven't seen in the longest, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
yes we got wifi now only thing left is SONIC and everything will be good. im thinking we'll get b special moves update tmrw hopefully its not another item

Top Bottom