• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I have a seriously bad feeling we're going to go this week without a character.

If we DO get one, and it's a veteran, it will be Captain Falcon.

Also, since Konami showed some Snake stuff at the TGS... the chance of Snake being shown as a newcomer might be relatively good.

But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Well we haven't had special moves or final smash for a rather long time (last FS shown was Yoshi's O.o) so that's what i'm guessing to be shown

Hopefully Zelda's special moves (and all 4 of them :mad:)

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Specials? On a Friday? I dunno... I'd like more filler than that. Maybe... Captainoo Falcon-aru!
Sure, it'd be nice seeing captain falcon but I really don't expect it, mostly because I don't want to be too disappointed, this week (apart from tuesday) has been bad enough.

Also I'm getting the feeling that Sakurai is gonna show characters less frequently than before (we've had 4 items in 9 days and no doubles :rolleyes:)

Stryks

Smash Hero
WTF where dat screenshot come from?? LOL Mr saturn returns! and dear god I never want to see snake from the back side EVER again...

ok I hated todays update, why? cause i hate pokemon, and whats worse I hate CUTE pokemon... pleasse sakurai something EPIC

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i hate pokemon, and whats worse I hate CUTE pokemon... pleasse sakurai something EPIC
You hate happiness? :(

Seriously though, whatever Snake is wearing is VERY form fitting. . . in fact, I'd almost say uncomfortably form fitting. I'm not complaining though. He's the one that has to fight in it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Also I doubt many can tell but the bat looks just way too similair to the wiisports bat, i mean it still has the melee bat details, but the color and everything seems wiisports type...

I could be wrong tough

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Also I doubt many can tell but the bat looks just way too similair to the wiisports bat, i mean it still has the melee bat details, but the color and everything seems wiisports type...

I could be wrong tough
Someone else said that there's a mushroom on the bat's "sweet spot", indicating it's been fashioned from Mario Superstar Baseball. Having it come from Wii Sports would be pretty cool too though.

Zacoftheaxes

Smash Cadet
we get a character update every week but according to a pattern someone on Nsider found, we should get a character moves and/or final smash update

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Hopefully there will be a character tomorrow.... Either AT or PC.

If veteran: Captain Falcon

If newcomer: Isaac plz!!

If assist: Captain Olimar *braces himself*

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hopefully there will be a character tomorrow.... Either AT or PC.

If veteran: Captain Falcon

If newcomer: Isaac plz!!

If assist: Captain Olimar *braces himself*

My predictions are as follows for our next character update (not in any order, but what I think we'll see soon)...

-Snake
-Ridley
-Isaac
-Captain Falcon
-Leftfield (Olimar?)

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I predict that tonight's update will be Mr. Resetti as a playable character.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking somethin to do with Snake. Thats just me coming back from TGS, tho >_< I got to go. I actually only went for the first day, and I just got back earlier today.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm thinking somethin to do with Snake. Thats just me coming back from TGS, tho >_< I got to go. I actually only went for the first day, and I just got back earlier today.
You were there? Did they show any other interesting clips, or were those two screenshots just about the gist of things?

Revven

FrankerZ
Not expecting much again tonight. Wi-Fi was clearly this week's best update by far. The only thing that could top it or peak my interest more would be a newcomer or a new mode (a new single player mode would be nice to know about aside from Subspace!) But, I'm not expecting much.

At worse, it could be a How to Play update. At best, it'll be a double update with music and a stage. Higher than that would be someone's Final Smash or Special Moves.

But, as I said before, don't expect much better than those options.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Takamaru as a playable character(wishful thinking...)

but yea I've officially given up on predictin what Sakurai will pout up on the Dojo...

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Character-Falco!!

...Well thats what I always predict...XD

jk, I bet it's going to be Ness! (Or Falco...)

M.K

Level 55
I guess.

WARNING! HIGH FAT DIET APPROACHING!

Charater: Cheese Taco.

Hey...it's about the same logic as most of the other stuff people are posting >.<

Sinn

Smash Lord
I predict that tonight's update will be Mr. Resetti as a playable character.
I hope you're right. And I DO hope we don't break the streak of having at least one red update a week. But I agree that Sakurai's predictability has all but vanished from my sight.

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
I hope you're right. And I DO hope we don't break the streak of having at least one red update a week. But I agree that Sakurai's predictability has all but vanished from my sight.
Hey, if it was in your sight at one point, you're doing a heck of a lot better than I am.;)

Anyway, logic (HA!) says character, so I'll go with that. Tomorrow's update can't ruin my day since it's a Friday, so whatever it is, I won't mind.

(dr.marioplzkthx:cool:)

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I actually won't be able to stay up for the update, so I won't be here at 3:01 going "Meh. Lame." like I always do. Regardless, the last Friday I went to bed before the update, I woke up to ICs! That was full of win!

I hope to wake up tomorrow and see...

Ooh, I just had an idea. Clones = Alternate costumes. Not all, obviously. But Doc as a Mario alt? Falco (god I hope not) as a Fox alt? Even Roy as a Marth/Ike alt?

I still call Peach Final Smash, though, realistically.

bored

Smash Ace
I just know its a character update tommorow, a newcomer actually! I swear if it isn't I'll pay everyone in this thread 100 bucks!

Top Bottom