• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
"Enjoy it like you would a preview at the movies!"

Is Sakurai acknowledging the majority of Americans hate having to sit through previews at the movies?

Personally, I like them, but I can see why people wouldn't like paying so much to see a movie, and have to sit through 15 minutes of commercials before they get to see what they paid for.

Tujex

Smash Ace
It was anice vid....was kind of expecting more of an *update*, as in *information on the game and its contents* rather than a video of gameplay. Good vid nontheless though.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

Is Sakurai acknowledging the majority of Americans hate having to sit through previews at the movies?

Personally, I like them, but I can see why people wouldn't like paying so much to see a movie, and have to sit through 15 minutes of commercials before they get to see what they paid for.
He was just comparing the trailer to a movie trailer. Pretty much it. lol.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
The first time you watched it, did anyone else get the feeling of like o movie trailer? I mean the high budget space battels, the shoot-outs, and then when they showed the bomb timer counting down... I mean come on. I liked the vid but it seems like it might be more of an advertisement than an update. But hey, I do love movie trailers.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This update was awesome!! New SSE footage Galore!
Here's what I saw:

Bowser using trophy gun :chuckle:
Beam sword(etc.) Primid
Peach falling out her cage, instead of Zelda
Mysterious bridge level
Weird statue ruins
Castle hallway level
Link in Norfair :cool:
Lucas's moves and Baseball bat smash (so long Ness :()
Underground train level
Yoshi and Link in Phaaze?!? Maybe just a cave..with glowing mushrooms?
MK and ICs in a mountain stage
Some plains stage (Green Hill?)
Peach in Skyworld
Samus in a "ruins" like stage
Pikachu in a factory like stage(you can see a wheel)
Sakurai's shameless advertising :laugh:

A lot of info :)

47drift

Smash Journeyman

Hahaha. I love watching movie trailers :p

Anyway, I was watching this again, and I got a brilliant idea...

What if they made the cutscenes of Subspace similar to the action cutscenes in Resident Evil 4? Think about this, hit the A button at the wrong time, and Bowser's trophy gun hits Fox/Diddy! That could be interesting. Then it'd have to be a single person on screen only, and the player would have to finish the level solo.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Awesome video.

Now where is the official topic for this update? So we can get further discussion on it.

Make one.

I don't see why the sleezeballs who come up with all the "witty"-titled official update topics should be the only ones who do it.

Lemme guess the name for this update's topic...

"The Smash-inema comes to your computer screen: New Subspace Trailer"

Eagle

Smash Lord
Did anyone notice that Samus used a Super Missle instead of an ordinary missle?

Or did we already know that? :p

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
The first time you watched it, did anyone else get the feeling of like o movie trailer? I mean the high budget space battels, the shoot-outs, and then when they showed the bomb timer counting down... I mean come on. I liked the vid but it seems like it might be more of an advertisement than an update. But hey, I do love movie trailers.
i loved it for that reason! haha i love movie trailers too! i will watch movie trailers of movies i have already seen! lol

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I feel like a giddy little schoolgirl after watching this. The Subspace Emissary has me so pumped for this game! I need to watch it a few more times on a larger screen to see what's happening in all the clips. Hopefully GameTrailers uploads it in HD by tomorrow.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
The first time I watched it all I could notice was that I had seen most of it before on the site. And you're right, it is more of an ad than an update, for people who have somehow missed all the other sse vids on the site, its just truncated bits of those with other slightly new bits to obsess over and overanalyze.

I can't wait for the "WHO IS THE CHARACTER LEAPING INTO THE SUN!?!?!" topic.

The Director

Smash Lord
It looks like Diddy and Fox go after Bowser.

Niice.

Trying to get DK back, it seems? Could Fox/Diddy/DK be a team, or possibly that plus Bowser?

And if that was infact Link in Norfair, can we assume Link/Yoshi/Samus as a team? So many possibilities...

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Or... Even wackier...

What if the Portal gun was an item in Brawl? :O! How great would that be?

It's like, someone's charging down from the sky with a FALCON KICK!
You roll out of the way and shoot a blue portal at the ground where the kick will land, and an orange portal at an inconceivably inconvenient and unrecoverable location! GENIUS!

super-7

Smash Journeyman
Was a cool trailer, but did we learn anything new. There were some intriguing looking backgrounds I saw, I wonder what it could be.
after watching several times and reading posts there are many new things found
like the backrounds and items seen in the video.
Lucas is also using a bat which pretty much deconfirms ness.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Make one.

I don't see why the sleezeballs who come up with all the "witty"-titled official update topics should be the only ones who do it.

Lemme guess the name for this update's topic...

"The Smash-inema comes to your computer screen: New Subspace Trailer"
Can't do that. Admins changed it to where only mods and admins can create topics in the Dojo Updates section. Mainly because posters thought over who got to create a topic first.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wait, I just relize something. What happen to Donkey Kong, did he get turned into an Troupy as well?!?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Lucas DOES have Ness' Smash attacks!

He has the bat...

This looks VERY bad for Ness, their only arguement against Lucas was his attacks weren't similar

THEY ARE!!!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I guess Lucas' baseball bat and nAir (now with long lasting drill-tastic effect! :bigthumbu) means that Ness is really truley out.
Can everyone please accept it now?

Oh, and also: Are there ANY characters in the incredibly short scene with the mine cart? I didn't notice anyone.

P.S.- Random teamups FTW!!! (Kirby&Princess/Mario&Pit/Diddy&Fox/ICs&MK/Link&Yoshi)

P.P.S.- Solo badasses also FTW!!! (Lucas/Samus/Pikachu/Ike)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It looks like Diddy and Fox go after Bowser.

Niice.

Trying to get DK back, it seems? Could Fox/Diddy/DK be a team, or possibly that plus Bowser?

And if that was infact Link in Norfair, can we assume Link/Yoshi/Samus as a team? So many possibilities...
I think Link and Yohi in the Metroid area...I honestly think they were in the phazon mines, with the glowing mushrooms :)
Link vs. Ridley = EPIC!

TheLake

Smash Master
OMG lucas has a bat....*takes time to grieve* by ness...its been fun buddy *salutes*

Any hoot yeah i cant quite tell whats going on in that seen if anyone can help clear that up

Lol poor ike...maybe he'll get snake/kirby?

SeanW

Smash Cadet
First off I can anyone fathom whose beating the tar out of those Primids? I wanna say Falcon, but I don't wanna get my hopes up until he's confirmed fo-realz.

Second...I saw Meta Knight and Ice Climbers. Now either the Ice Climbers are really bad guys...or this is one of the most hillarious unlikely pairing of heroes of all.

Top Bottom