• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Sakurai is the president of the itty bittty ***** committee.

CHARACTER!!! STAGE OR ZELDA'S MOVES!!! A NEW AT!!! SUBSPACE STUFF!!!

I mean, for 3 MALEREPRODUCTIVEORGAN weeks, there have been 0 good updates. I cant wait for tomorrow:

3 TRIPLE UPDATE!
Soccer Ball, Electrode, and a new playable character: diglett. Then he says 'thats the entire roster here is the character select screen without anbody else good on it enjoy the game when it comes out december 3 2010(oops didnt mean to say that...dont worry there will still be daily updates).

Weed

Smash Lord
electrodes graphics havnt improved since pokemon snap. Oh.
Really hatin' on Sakurai, aintcha?

Let him make the ****ing game, and then judge.

Sure, these updates are nothing special, but you're talking as if he's asking to be graded on them or something.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Gggggrrrriiiamsooooangrytheeseupdatesssssaresoooopredicttttible. (i Am So Angry Theese Updates Are So Predictible) As If We Thought We Were Worried About Training Mode.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
there have been a grand total of 5 good updates since OCTOBER 25.

-King Dedede
-Stage Builder
-Fox's Misfortune
-Norfair
-Meta Knight's Revenge.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Holy moley. It seems like every update is crap to each individual person unless [insert character here] is announced. I've got a sneaking suspicion that all of the starting roster has already been announced, in which case you people should avoid your respective aneurysms and just go to bed early.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
wow, smart bomb! it's nice to see some more new items. although they already have the regular bob-ombs so i wonder how much different this one will be....

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Wow...I think we're gonna need a waaaaaaaambulance here stat...People...it was YOUR decision to watch the E For All clips, it's YOUR fault if Sakurai's posting things YOU already know. Sakurai's updating this for EVERYONE, not just YOU. I mean seriously, it's ok to be disappointed with the updates but when you make 5+ posts complaining about it, all you're doing is just being whiny...SUCK IT UP AND ENJOY WHAT YOU GET. (Thanks to everyone who doesn't whine about everything that's not EXACTLY what they wanted, and to everyone else, you're gonna get Ridley/Megaman/Olimar eventually...just wait...And thank you for your time!)

~On Topic~
I like knowing that Electrode won't always explode, adds a touch of chance to the living bomb. Training Mode's always is good just to relax and actually figure out combos and such. The Smart Bomb looks like it has less knockback then a Bob-Omb, but MUCH more range.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Holy moley. It seems like every update is crap to each individual person unless [insert character here] is announced. I've got a sneaking suspicion that all of the starting roster has already been announced, in which case you people should avoid your respective aneurysms and just go to bed early.
But... If I recall correctly... Sakurai was planning on announcing every character... Not just starters...

That might be why so many people have such hopes. Whatever though. I'm fine with crappy updates because they allow me to live my life without thinking about them during school.

For instance, when Sonic was announced, he was all I could think about. Eesh.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
Sak owes us not one. not two, not even three, but four effin updates a day to make up for my our depridation(is that even a word?) and the atrocity that was last week and the *MONTHS* of horror to come!!!

Super Rant!!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
For some reason I didn't find this particular update as lame as past ones, but still pretty bad.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yay, a soccer ball, us mexicans can really enjoy this game!!
GGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's power suit transformation, sakurai could be more creative than than. :(

It's disappointing, I doubt I'll use it.

me too i really didn't know that

bowser jr tonight guys yeayuhz!

that would be funny:laugh:

Sakurai si the Devil.
i sooooo agree with you:mad:

Yeah, whats up with the soccer ball? cant imagine that doing alot

playing foot ball maybe:laugh:

Well, at least it was a double update.
that's a bright side:laugh:

Star105

Smash Journeyman
stop complaining about the updates! its really annoying!

would you guys rather have these updates now or the week before brawl comes out?

any way

tomorrow i have to say

music or stage

or SSE update

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
I think people complaining about others complaining about updates is even more annoying.

Those people have admit that those updates are horrible. We were getting cool updates everyday before E for all, Sakurai is updating the things we already know or really don't care much for.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
But... If I recall correctly... Sakurai was planning on announcing every character... Not just starters...
And if I recall correctly... he never said a specific date to when he was gonna announce all of them. So we don't know if he's gonna announce any secret characters before (Japanese) release.

Anyway, glad to see Training back. But I think the best part of this update is the limp Electrode. :laugh:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think people complaining about others complaining about updates is even more annoying.

Those people have admit that those updates are horrible. We were getting cool updates everyday before E for all, Sakurai is updating the things we already know or really don't care much for.
We were getting 'cool' updates before E for All because, you know, there wasn't an E for All yet to spoil everything for us. So it's your own fault for spoiling it for yourself, since not everyone in the world has seen those videos.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
You remember "You must Recover" don't you? Worst update ever. Totally pointless. Besides, I'm not complaining that FS are bad updates, I just hate bad Final Smashes.

Final Smash Ratings
Link = Great. Epic animation and concept.
Mario = Generic. Tasteless.
Pit = Basic. Easily dodgeable if at the far side of a stage.
Ike = Although Generic, it's presentation and animation is great.
ZSS = Leaves more to be desired.
PT = Generic Beam Combination, but presentation is great.
Diddy = Generic B-Move combination. There's nothing special about the presentation.
MetaKnight = Basic. Combination of a B-Move and A-Move. Leaves more to be desired.
Sonic = Nothing negative about the obvious transformation. Presentation of attack leaves more to be desired.
Kirby = Leaves more to be desired. The use of a single Kirby Power doesn't show Kirby's prowess with his ability to inhale abilities. (Cook is a power in the Kirby games)
Pikachu = The attack is hard to execute, and isn't represented correctly. Skull Bash, a non-Pikachu attack, SHOULD've been replaced by Volt Tackle, and the FS should've been a bit more creative.
Fox = Great, extremely creative. Although it is a paradox (Slow Armored Tank represents the Fast Fox?) it is still good.
Samus = Generic beam, but the presentation is great.
Bowser = Very useful, great presentation.
DK = Worst yet. The use of Bongos to represent the ape's entire existence in videogames is absolutely horrible. I was hoping something along the lines of a jungle-buddy call, like summoning his ostrich, frog, swordfish, etc pals to attack. DK Country was the highest point of greatness for the series, not the games with the bongos which receive poor sales.
Yoshi = Not what I was expecting. Yoshi Stampede FTW. Angel wings? Pit and Bowser transformation wannabe.
Peach = Presentation is great, but it's nigh useless of an attack.
IC = You've heard my opinion.

We the consumer have the right and should complain if the game doesn't live up to standards we wish it to live to. I want every Final Smash to have a great concept and execution. What's more useful, a large laser that almost guarantees a KO, or summoning an obtrusive iceberg in the center of the stage?

Well for one, the Iceberg isn't KOing anything, unless it acts like an instant Articuno over a large area. All we know is that it freezes opponents, it's unknown if it works like IC's Down B's freezing property or like KOing with a Freezie. Secondly, the Final Smash's stage alteration will make any hope of having Final Smashes as possible items in tourneys impossible. Stage abuse leads to the banning of stages. If you can directly affect the stage in your favor, then the user will abuse the stage effect to win. Example? What if my Final Smash summoned a cloud to the far right akin to Yoshi 64? Spam a projectile, have percentage damage lead, and camp at the cloud for the battle win. Broken.

There should be no stage effects, simply put.

I really don't believe that Sakurai is taking heed into balancing the KO ability of every Smash attack. Some Final Smashes are inherently better than others, leading to character preference, and it's generally agreed that the wider array of character usage, the better. Nobody wants a metagame based where everyone plays as Fox, no matter how much I like using him in Melee.

And to anyone bringing up the persistent BS about people complaining about updates, shut up. Seriously. Akin to the real world, the citizens of the United States have right to demand certain criteria from the geovernment that runs them. It's OUR government, how can you even fathom that we should just let something slide?! For that reason there are people who presistently critique the government. By critique, the government can acknowledge its failures and live to correct them. Do you really believe that Johnathan Swift had "no life" when he persistently critiqued his government for not acknowledging the growing problem of starvation among peasants? Why do you believe that we have "no life" when we complain about bad updates or bad mechanics?

It's MY copy of SSBB, and I'm not just going to sit by contently if I feel there is something inherently wrong with the mechanics of the game. I have the right to complain, and I really don't want to hear people complain about people, like I, who critique the game. So, stop complaining about our complaints.
if your referring to me I never said that anyone here don't have a life, also you got to realize the game is more then likely geared to the casual audience which explains why sakuri(sp) made a stage altering FS.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
I don't know about that. You don't get better by wailing on a brainless immobile punching bag forever.

Thank god for Wi-Fi play, though.

Wi-Fi is helping some of us and maybe you can learn how to do combo attacks
good point;)

I like training mode, It helps me master advanced techniques.
yes i agree i like it to you can use what ever you want

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Tomorrow is Captain Falcon. I will be correct one of these days. is tomorrow my day? Find out at 3am!

Top Bottom