• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I can't help but stay up because of the fear of not knowing an epic update the moment it's released to the world.

Yet, all that comes are stupid updates. Why can't Sakurai throw me a bone? I know the moment I start going to bed early, I'll miss good updates -_-

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
Well new screenshots with Lucas are always appreciated.

Good night guys. See ya tomorrow night.

FALLLLCCCOOONNNN PPPUUUNNNNCCCCHHHHH

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
lol @ you

smash brothers is more important then education, come on... all teh kewl kidz know that =p
Shucks. And I thought wearing my britches up to my belly-button would make the bigger kids stop laughing at me and putting shaving cream in my potatoes.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Screw you foulplay and I think Luigi would be cool to I mained him but it would be crappy to have a veteran as an unlockable so I think he just won't update him just to suprise ppl. Olimar is the only new character in the 2000 century that Miyamoto made I love all the old characters but I want him in because he is new and he is uniques.
What exactly is Olimar going to do anyway? I don't actually understand how he can be a character, Is he just going to throw pikmins that will do 5% damage?
Seriously if anything he'll be an assist trophy.
Oh and if you're not happy with people commenting, Like you actually asked.
Then don't whine about why people don't reply to your posts, perhaps your ideas aren't that interesting? Just simply ask questions and they'll be answers, don't state answers. No offense was actually intended in the previous posts, it was just a simple way of saying, Stop whining.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Hmm..this update was rather disappointing. Yea new handicap is fine and all but, where is our characters!? Or even stages or new modes would be good. Oh well we can't be too picky. After all, how many games get a huge prerelease info site like this.
How many fighting games have been in production this long and have put in as much effort put into, and are as big Brawl?

Zilch.

Fawriel

Smash Master
You people SUCK! This update was AWESOME!

A handicap that actually works!

And the starting quote: "Be kind to beginners! If all you do in brawls is beat up people who don’t know left from right, they’ll never understand the rules of the game, right?"

That's just amazing.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Also, notice how the menu looks different from the demo on that screen shot?
Well there you go, they're not keeping the demo menu obv...
I remember people talking about the demo menu being the final menu after E4All, I suppose that proves them wrong.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Also, notice how the menu looks different from the demo on that screen shot?
Well there you go, they're not keeping the demo menu obv...
I remember people talking about the demo menu being the final menu after E4All, I suppose that proves them wrong.
I would totally love it if you gave us before and after shots to contrast them. We could totally gain something positive from that statement. If they change the menu, they would probably change the character selection screen to accommodate around 40 characters instead of 30.

Sweet Jesus.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
ChaoticTH said:
ChaoticTH is not a feminine name BTW. I'm a boy.

But let's just say you have my eternal respect.
Girls aren't allowed to be called chaotic?

I was just kidding, however I do accept your eternal respect. And I always say eternal respect is shown first and foremost by hot fudge sundaes.

In other news, I hope they reveal stock, time limit and coin battle tomorrow. That would truly make my week better.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I was just kidding, however I do accept your eternal respect. And I always say eternal respect is shown first and foremost by hot fudge sundaes.

In other news, I hope they reveal stock, time limit and coin battle tomorrow. That would truly make my week better.
That doesn't quite top that other comment about Goldeen returning as a Pokemon summon, but still lulez worthy.

You forgot the match set to bonus mode. >:

"Look here! You get to set your match to Bonus Mode! In Bonus Mode, you are timed, but you are judged based on how many KOs you deliver before the time runs out, basically like Time! You can customize the rules even more by nullifying sacrificial KOs! Isn't that amazing? Yes! Yes it is!"

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
fixed.

10char
Don't know what the 10char was for, but I do likes my butter.
That guy above me said:
You forgot the match set to bonus mode. >:
I knew I was forgetting something.

That same guy said:
That doesn't quite top that other comment about Goldeen returning as a Pokemon summon, but still lulez worthy.
Well, Goldeen was already confirmed
(click it, I dare ya.)

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
But let's just say you have my eternal respect.
Aw c'mon, this is the internet! You guys can get married. Too late. I already held the ceremony. You guys are married now. Now get a room. We don't need that kind of thing in here ;-]

Or the exciting old menu screen which has specially been re-implemented.
lol.

Somehow I missed this post made of win and gingerbread.
What?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Miaymoto's B-DAY update will not be Olimar. In my opinion I think Olimar will be one of the last newcomers to be announced if he's in. But as for this week I'm not expecting much. All I'm saying is I can't wait until they get all the E4E $hit out the way. So for now on everything we see is new to us.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Don't you guys see the joy of this update?

It confirms there are "more rules" than Rules, Time Limit, Damage Ratio, Handicap, Stage Random and Item Switch.

Epic win (fail)

powerchord89

Smash Rookie
i dont think any exciting updates are on their way... im pretty sure th next character to be revealed will be krystal, and i really couldnt care less about her.

really im just waiting for feb 10...

Smash Ace
*sighs* whiners...
There's going to be a character update either tomorrow or Friday. I'm ready to be an arm and a leg on it.
=2007=

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
On Friday it's Shigeru Miyamoto's Birthday!

I predict Captain Olimar as a Playable Character!
how would a cm tall character fight in brawl heck he will not be able to fight becuse sure enough he will be smashed by bowser

worldjem7

Smash Ace
how would a cm tall character fight in brawl
lol centimetre. too good. But, yeah. It's not his size but, I don't see how Olimar will be in brawl. It's pikmin... not a very intensive game and I don't think it really made much of a footprint in Nintendo's games list. If any new character should be revealed this (or any other) week it should be Megaman.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Tonight will be another bleh update like the past few weeks... possibly. (oh, wait I cant complain about updates on this board. Must be a republican board, you can't criticize the president there or you are un American).

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
Tonight will be another bleh update like the past few weeks... possibly. (oh, wait I cant complain about updates on this board. Must be a republican board, you can't criticize the president there or you are un American).
That's really surprising, since only about 20% of the American population likes Bush.

Top Bottom