• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai being a douche for fun? Who the hell does he think is staying up until 2AM to check these updates? I'm sure the Japanese kids are like WOW HANDICAPS because we aren't. I'm not checking these updates for a month and then maybe there will be some quality in the cracks between the garbage.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Why does the development team seem completley bent on making sucky people good. WTF the game gives you a free final smash? ****. And now it blatantly says that you should take it easy on the suckies.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Tomorrow better make up for the entire last month with Geno, Luigi, ganondorf, and Falcon's nipples confirmed all at once.

skyone

Smash Journeyman
The only thing to make this week more exciting would be to confirm that Goldeen is returning.
Just spit up my water reading that. :laugh:

This is what happens when you buy yourself 60 updates by delaying the game two months, oh well!

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
Ha. Wow. It's even worse than Meta Knight's Special Moves. What a rip-off.

Let's metaphor this, as metaphor just became a verb.

You're running through the woods. For some reason, it's taking longer than it usually does to reach Granny's house for some warm cookies. You keep running and running, trying to get there faster, but it just keeps taking longer. And, just when you reach the view of her house...

You slip and break your teeth. No cookies for you.
Love the metaphor :laugh: , but I think we all gotta cheer up. Yeah, the last four updates have sucked, but we got a TON of good ones before hand. I mean, we still have two more days this week, still room for a character and their special moves, or a video maybe! Atleast all of this is out of the way! I mean, I would want just new material when nearing the release date. Isn't that agreeable?

aleps

Smash Apprentice
This is a torture, my only hopes are on Miyamoto's birthday and on Christmas. It was so bad that I even want to do my homework.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
4 weeks without a good update. I want a character confirmation, or epic news about the game/storyline.

For ******* sake, this update sucked. My balls just un-dropped.

Dry_Umbrella

Smash Apprentice
to try and find light in the presence of ****
look at the way the update was phrased

"So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series."

we know that handicaps are in
and now compare it to the phrasing of a previous update

"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users."

just hope take it or shove it

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

"So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series."

"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users."

this time the use is confirmed as exclusive.
he's changed the handy cap system, so they are NOT in like before.

this shows that imamade was not a mistranslation to "until now"

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
Wow the f*cking dojo sucks. They can't ever have a half decent update anymore. I'm not even looking forward to checking them the minute they come out anymore.
Hey, maybe some of these kids will actually go to bed now, so they can get up, go to school, and possibly worry more about getting a decent education rather than stay up all night waiting for a little piece of information that only takes a minute to read.

After that, maybe they will begin to realize how ridiculous it truly is that they are stressing and complaining about something that they should be honored to hae in the first place. How many websites are there that actually provide as much information as this about a game so epic before it's even released?

Always complaining about how they don't get a character update. Well they can only have so many character updates before they run out, and don't you think it will be more rewarding to find out for yourself when the game comes out who the other players are going to be? Then, assuming you don't care, you would probably buy the strategy guide or look online for the secrets to unlocking every character. By doing that, you would find out all the characters who will be included before unlocking, so why get so upset about not knowing about it now.

Did anyone even read the update? It's changed, you have a set percentage rather than just being ungodly stronger or horribly weaker. I thikn that's a good improvement, doesn't mess with the actual capabilities of the character.

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
This isn't such a bad update, I mean, now if you play someone that sucks at Smash, they can't have a lot higher advantage than you, you know what I'm saying?

CommanderC00L

Smash Cadet
You know the updates aren't very sexy when mistoroboto doesn't make a thread about them =(

....Can I ask you guys something... comming from a fellow smasher, what... the.... @#$%.... am I supposed to do... I really don't think I'll last until February *dies*

Dry_Umbrella

Smash Apprentice
this time the use is confirmed as exclusive.
he's changed the handy cap system, so they are NOT in like before.

this shows that imamade was not a mistranslation to "until now"
weather or not the handicap system is changed it's still in

one way or another still hoping all the characters return

oh well

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
Hey, maybe some of these kids will actually go to bed now, so they can get up, go to school, and possibly worry more about getting a decent education rather than stay up all night waiting for a little piece of information that only takes a minute to read.

After that, maybe they will begin to realize how ridiculous it truly is that they are stressing and complaining about something that they should be honored to hae in the first place. How many websites are there that actually provide as much information as this about a game so epic before it's even released?

Always complaining about how they don't get a character update. Well they can only have so many character updates before they run out, and don't you think it will be more rewarding to find out for yourself when the game comes out who the other players are going to be? Then, assuming you don't care, you would probably buy the strategy guide or look online for the secrets to unlocking every character. By doing that, you would find out all the characters who will be included before unlocking, so why get so upset about not knowing about it now.

Did anyone even read the update? It's changed, you have a set percentage rather than just being ungodly stronger or horribly weaker. I thikn that's a good improvement, doesn't mess with the actual capabilities of the character.
I stayed up late for the updates, until now, I may go to bed earlier.

CommanderC00L

Smash Cadet
lol @ you

smash brothers is more important then education, come on... all teh kewl kidz know that =p

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
You know the updates aren't very sexy when mistoroboto doesn't make a thread about them =(

....Can I ask you guys something... comming from a fellow smasher, what... the.... @#$%.... am I supposed to do... I really don't think I'll last until February *dies*
havnt like the last 4 updates gone threadless? ugh, this is starting to suck.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman

Either way, we should take it with a grain of salt, because the outcome is still far from now, it's not worth our time to be concerned with the next installment. It's been tradition to have one Smash game every Nintendo console since the 64.

The Wii is so current, I doubt we'll see a new system for the next seven years, until then, I seriously doubt we'll get another Smash game until then.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
thank Heaven that Halo 3, Mario and Sonic, and Super Mario Galaxy are out so I have something to do after class. I pretty much only see my friends on the weekends because I am in college now, and Lord know this board isnt entertaining when the only threads getting bumped ever are funny brawl pics and mary kate and ashley for brawl

Dry_Umbrella

Smash Apprentice
most definitly agree on this note

for an example compare the amount of updates between the dojo and the starcraft II site

not to mention that there are updates on either

CommanderC00L

Smash Cadet
Let's look on the brightside guys.

Out of all the crappy updates that have been making us slowly lose our minds, this one is probably the best...

what am I saying -_-?

the only obvious thing we can do now is sacrifice sakurai's first born.

ChaoticTH

Smash Ace
Some town in USA Georgia Mains: Falco and Yoshi _

I LOVE YOU for this post.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Hmm..this update was rather disappointing. Yea new handicap is fine and all but, where is our characters!? Or even stages or new modes would be good. Oh well we can't be too picky. After all, how many games get a huge prerelease info site like this.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Thursday's update: This is the main menu screen! C-can it be? It looks the same as in Melee! No way! See you on Friday morning suckers!

Fuuuuuck you Sakurai...

Top Bottom