• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Roller

Smash Legend
rsr2 unfortunately had to cancel his tourney due to unforeseen circumstances. Lordy's should be added to the list, however seeing as the only attending player who would currently constitute a "notable win" would be L_Cancel. So assuming Jason doesn't have a random loss to anyone, that tourney wont affect the PR beyond possibly qualifying someone by being one of their 2 mandatory tourneys as per the PR requirement.

The only other "notable" player who could even possibly show up would be Ally.

So if someone were to..

No. Let's be real.

If L doesn't lose in an upset, Lordy's House Tourney III won't affect the PR.

Roller

Smash Legend
I had said I might have done one on oct. 27th if people would come out, just because I was free that day. Everyone who responded said no. So.

Also, backup wins @LOE1? I could use some backup wins. You need more establishing wins..

Alsoalso @JTsm & panelists: "Mysterion" from Retribution [loss for Tech in pools, win for Ori in Bracket] is actually Kenny aka K9 from MD/VA (not the Arizona K9). I would consider him a notable player, and he would definitely be PR'd if he lived in MI. In addition "MoneyMike" from Carrollfest is actually Jrugz from TX.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Alsoalso @JTsm & panelists: "Mysterion" from Retribution [loss for Tech in pools, win for Ori in Bracket] is actually Kenny aka K9 from MD/VA (not the Arizona K9). I would consider him a notable player, and he would definitely be PR'd if he lived in MI.
Someone told me that about him, I think it was Joe, but yeah he was definitely a hard opponent easily my 2nd closest set that day.

JTsm

Smash Master
Can somebody order wins & losses by player, as opposed to by tourney? Not a big deal, but I'm lazy and that would be more streamlined.
I'll do it tonight. Got nothing better to do.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Can somebody order wins & losses by player, as opposed to by tourney? Not a big deal, but I'm lazy and that would be more streamlined.
I could since Kyle sent me the pm as well. I should be able to do it when I'm back in about an hour or 2 from doing a few things.

LOE1

Smash Lord
i'd prob go to dat DD ourney roller. but i can see if ya cant do it.
yea, thats what i ment. without some good wins, ima be off HM :|

tech, $10 mm? i feel i have enough dedede practice to contend with ya now. we shall see.

Roller

Smash Legend
So looking at everyone's records..

I HIGHLY suggest people (outside the current obvious top 3) hoping to get PR'd prepare well for PS5. At this point, everyone between 4-11 on my (current) list could move up a LOT by getting a solid win or 2 at this. And if you don't get a win, and others do... Very good chance most of you currently in contention could be knocked out of a PR birth.

You've been warned.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So looking at everyone's records..

I HIGHLY suggest people (outside the current obvious top 3) hoping to get PR'd prepare well for PS5. At this point, everyone between 4-11 on my (current) list could move up a LOT by getting a solid win or 2 at this. And if you don't get a win, and others do... Very good chance most of you currently in contention could be knocked out of a PR birth.

You've been warned.

People better take this seriously haha. We've had a lot of tourneys and opportunities but people are not taking advantage of that. I mean for the first time since Season 1 L_Cancel is eligible that tells you something.

People like Kenny, Rayquaza, lain haven't gone to one yet.

JTsm

Smash Master
I honestly think there will be a top 5 with 3 HM's for this one. Pretty weak season for a lot of people.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I probably won't be PRed for this upcoming season. I don't even know if I want to enter singles at PS5. Wrestling with apathy yet again. Then again this is exactly how I felt prior to PS4 so who knows.

Also LOE1: Maybe. I kinda just don't care enough to do any MMs right now regardless of whether I think I would win or not.

Wait wait wait

Am I about to be 4th on this?

Like if I don't enter singles at ps5, and nobody pulls off some dumb upset. I'm def getting 4th.

And if I do enter ps5 no matter how good I do I have 0 chance of improving my spot.

And they say PRs promote activity. :denzel:

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Pretty weak season for a lot of people.
hmm sounds familiar. Oh wait! I said this would be the case months ago and I was 'completely wrong'

^______^

I really dont see the point in making a PR if it doesnt showcase ACTUAL michigan talent. Otherwise it just makes us look like complete garbage to all other states. Here would be the mindset of a pretty good player thinking about travelling "oh a michigan tourney? I wonder whos from michigan. *Checks PR* oh nobody good, I guess I wont go."

At this point its just a way of reassuring yourselves that with enough external factors contributing, you can make it to the PR too! which just seems silly.

JTsm

Smash Master
hmm sounds familiar. Oh wait! I said this would be the case months ago and I was 'completely wrong'

^______^

I really dont see the point in making a PR if it doesnt showcase ACTUAL michigan talent. Otherwise it just makes us look like complete garbage to all other states. Here would be the mindset of a pretty good player thinking about travelling "oh a michigan tourney? I wonder whos from michigan. *Checks PR* oh nobody good, I guess I wont go."

At this point its just a way of reassuring yourselves that with enough external factors contributing, you can make it to the PR too! which just seems silly.
I mean, I didn't make the rules. I just collect data. Oh and if you have someone like me even close to making an HM, there's something WRONG here. There's hardly anyone this season that's active. =/

A lot of people go to Phoenix Saga, but PS5 would be the last one I guess... =.~

JTsm

Smash Master
Besides you and Zinoto, who else has done something this season? I can't think of anyone lol.
L_Cancel would be next. That's basically it as far as having the strongest players in our state. Tutu is good, but he mains sheik. We need more Kenny and Lain. :urg:

fZk

Smash Lord
Wait, was the reason for making the other PR lists so that other states think were good? If true, that's dumb and I missed that part when they decided to revive the PR.

I do agree that this season will be really bad due to lack of good tourneys, should only be top 5 or something.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I mean, I didn't make the rules. I just collect data. Oh and if you have someone like me even close to making an HM, there's something WRONG here. There's hardly anyone this season that's active. =/

A lot of people go to Phoenix Saga, but PS5 would be the last one I guess... =.~
You don't give yourself enough credit Kyle. You play much smarter now and it is starting to show.

Also, I feel that having no PR is a lot worse than having one that isn't too strong due to inactivity. A PR is a representation of the current ability of a state. If no one is playing atm, the PR will reflect it (as it should). I doubt anyone will look at our PR and say "Welp, no one good must be in this state, looks like I'm not going". The usually just look at the tourney thread to determine that.

^______^

Idk like, most good people are really grimy and would love free money, and the fact that we have Zinoto means they get to play that ***** every1 is talking about, and if they lose they still get easy 2nd place.

Roller

Smash Legend
It wasn't a "weak" season for me..

idk if you realize this Marco, but MI does not actually have a lot of talent..

Surely you wouldn't suggest putting Judge or Anther on the PR, or Gio for that matter; as none of them are actually a part of Michigan's current scene... At all. Neither are you, tbh.

Ray shows up to 1 tourney every ~3-4 months, Mikey is about the same, Lain as well nowadays.. Also SK while he's busy during not-summer.

Let's be real. If a good player says "oh a michigan tourney? I wonder whos from michigan. *Checks PR* oh nobody good, I guess I wont go." And they feel that the people on the list really aren't worth traveling to play... They probably shouldn't come. Because those are the people who actually show up to our tournaments.

Who cares if Judge could beat virtually everyone on the PR if he's not actually going to be at the tournaments? I would not make the decision to travel to a state because they have some great players if they most likely won't show up to the tournament I'd be attending...

It's very easy to look at something and say, "Uh. This isn't perfect. You guys are dumb." Especially when you don't even feel the need to propose a better method.

We have looked into other methods, btw. And so far they have all come up with stupid results, not accurately reflecting Michigan's current tournament scene. A scene which you are less knowledgeable about than 80% of the people posting here.

When was the last time you played any of the potential pr candidates? When it comes to ranking the skill level of Michigan's current tournament players, do you honestly think you know better than say for example... me? Zinoto? WTP?

People who actually play with/against these players, or at the very least watch them play?

The only players you might be able to give an opinion on are fZk and possibly Ray (if you guys have been playing). However even those players you couldn't accurately determine skill for, as they do not exist in a vacuum; skill level is a fluid concept which very much depends on the abilities of the player in question in relation to those of the other tournament players in the scene. As a result, you can not give an informed opinion on even one player's deserved power rank without knowing the current skill level of at least a good chunk of the other contenders.

Lain is the only one you may be able to argue wont be included, but the last tourney he went to was 3 months ago, and even then he wasn't showing up regularly.. (also when he did he was losing to players like LOE1, which really calls his previously dominating skill level into question.)

The ONLY thing I disagree with on the PRs I have been a part of making (I was not involved in last season's discussion) is that I often feel the lists should be shorter than they are. I don't like mentioning players for simply not losing to bad players.. imo you should actually have notable wins to be on the list. And preferably more than one.

JTsm

Smash Master
You don't give yourself enough credit Kyle. You play much smarter now and it is starting to show.

Also, I feel that having no PR is a lot worse than having one that isn't too strong due to inactivity. A PR is a representation of the current ability of a state. If no one is playing atm, the PR will reflect it (as it should). I doubt anyone will look at our PR and say "Welp, no one good must be in this state, looks like I'm not going". The usually just look at the tourney thread to determine that.
I guess. I just don't know if beating Mikey was a fluke or not. I guess we'll see next year. Got lots of time to practice.

True, I mean we all want to have a good PR, but I guess we'll just show how it is. I vote for only Top 3 PR. :awesome:

fZk

Smash Lord
Why don't you guys do a double season combining this one and the next? If there isn't enough quality data then why no wait until there is?

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
So I missed a few posts..

@SK: Yeah, like Kyle mentioned L_Cancel is 1-1 with me this season, but also has wins on Tutu and fzk (x3). Other players have wins as well, but you're right. In virtually all other cases, it's only 1 notable win for each. Hence the notice on the importance of PS5.

Also. I agree with Zinoto's post.

JTsm

Smash Master
I think having a longer deadline would defeat the purpose of having current data. I really don't like giving bad people 2nd chances. Sure, you may give the good players a second chance too, but idk. Reformatting lengths of a season can also just drag the season along when the rest of the good players are just being lazy. Cut no slack I say.

PS5, Lordy's and APEX should be enough. You have two chances in MI.

Top Bottom