• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

JTsm

Smash Master
Wow, no respect to Spec at all. Give that poor Sheik his money back ffs.

@Tech: I think you will make a great teacher, and I will be glad to take some pointers from you in a session. During tourneys, you tell me you want to give me advice, but you had other things to (which is understandable). Hopefully I see you soon, Tech_Senpai. :)

stewyian

Smash Ace
Personally, I want lessons from Stewy. There was I, thinking I was the MI salt shaker to KY's fries.

Then Stewy comes in. nbd, just gonna cause a KY player to get so pissed off he takes up nearly an hour of EVERY TO's time; causing the same player to resort to shouting, near tears, and ready to punch someone in the face, before finally demanding his money back.

Meanwhile, I'm being cordial with Mr. Eric, Judo, and even Kass.

Stewy is the new master of salt, and I for one request lessons in his fine art.

Tech's idea is ok too.
I died lol let the teachings begin

since

Smash Journeyman
O
There is a PR thread.
Hi guys.

Going over videos is a really great idea. When the pika video thread was active I'd go over like every video in there and write a few paragraphs for each of them.

kd-

Smash Lord
I think MI Melee should do the same.
Michigan melee advice:

Duck, en route to four-stocking me: "You know how you're not bodying? Body."

Me at MI-triweekly 3: "How do I beat Samus?"
Duck: "I don't know"

Me at every tournament've played Moose at: "How do I play Fox/Melee/against Falco/Peach?"
Moose: "Body."

Juggleguy while four-stocking me: "You don't have to be fancy, play like Jman* /shrug"
Me: "..Jman has been my favorite player since before I started playing. He's the style I try to emulate, I've never tried to play fancy.."

Except substitute 'body' for something more forced and colorful.

Personally, I want lessons from Stewy. There was I, thinking I was the MI salt shaker to KY's fries.

Then Stewy comes in. nbd, just gonna cause a KY player to get so pissed off he takes up nearly an hour of EVERY TO's time; causing the same player to resort to shouting, near tears, and ready to punch someone in the face, before finally demanding his money back.

Meanwhile, I'm being cordial with Mr. Eric, Judo, and even Kass.

Stewy is the new master of salt, and I for one request lessons in his fine art.
Lmao

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
For the most part whenever I watch newer Melee players the only advice I can really give is "clean up your movement" or "stop killing yourself trying to do things you've only seen certain pros do in vids" or "stop doing the same thing that's getting you killed over and over". I mean, there's a good bit of matchup-specific things, but if I try to tell people that then they just spend all game going for it exclusively and we're right back to "stop doing the same thing that's getting you killed over and over".

JTsm

Smash Master
I used to look up to Ken and Isai as gods back then, but now it's much like Armada(Not younglink) and Fly Amanita since his IC's are pretty good and make results. I also like Taj and Silly Kyle too.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
What I find difficult to stop doing the same thing that is getting me killed over and over is that I actually have to know what I am doing that is getting me killed over and over.

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Nearly anything that isn't basic technique (completing your combos, canceling your L's) is repetition that can potentially get you killed because you're committing to a pattern.

kd-

Smash Lord
Mid-level Melee players are worse than mid level brawl players because they just mindlessly press buttons. And melee is a terrible game that allows that.
And then high level melee players complain that all certain characters need to do is press one button.

I won't deny that melee is a terrible game, though

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hey guys, me and 3 others are coming up to Youmacon, but we need housing. Can you please house me and 3 others? Anybody here? If so please message me back or post here. Thanks!! (We'll pay some money if needed).
Isn't it obvious?

M2K thinks breaking your household objects is more preferable to breaking hotel furniture.

JTsm

Smash Master
What's been done:
Lordy's House Tourney #1
Get Low
DRDNfest
Lordy's House Tourney #2
Retribution
Youmacon
PGHCarrol tourney

What's left:
rsr2's tourney???
Phoenix Saga 5
APEX 2013

If I missed anything, please mention it.

Also, I got the data for placings again, but once PS5 is done I will send out the file for the panel members. If you would like to have the data early, just PM. PR members only.

:denzel:

Roller

Smash Legend
By placings, do you mean which actual place (ie. 1st/2nd/3rd) people got each tourney Or each player's list of wins and losses? Or Both?

Pools included or not? If so are they asterisked? If they're not, could you add them for any tourneys we have the pools results for (with asterisks).

I'll take whatever you have right now regardless of any of these answers, however.

JTsm

Smash Master
By placings, do you mean which actual place (ie. 1st/2nd/3rd) people got each tourney Or each player's list of wins and losses? Or Both?

Pools included or not? If so are they asterisked? If they're not, could you add them for any tourneys we have the pools results for (with asterisks).

I'll take whatever you have right now regardless of any of these answers, however.
Placings and wins.

Pools not included. I mean, I guess I can include it later today.

kk.

Roller

Smash Legend
I don't know if any tourneys have even posted pools results, so it's not too big a deal anyway.

I think the only one may have been DRDNfest, with the only notable stuff there being Leaf's wins. Also, that was a small tourney so the pools wont do much there anyway.

Retribution posted pools results, but not the actual pools. So whatever.

But yeah, pm me what you have.

JTsm

Smash Master
PM has been sent.

Yeah Pools results have been lacking. I know Leaf demolished my pool at DRDN's, but that's the only thing notable there.

Top Bottom