• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Roller

Smash Legend
@Juan/double season; because wins/losses from 8 months ago don't reflect current skill well. How would you feel if you lost to someone in a fluke, then realized that loss would cost you a spot you otherwise would have had 8 months later. 2 bad losses in september could screw someone up in May. I think that would be silly, and could kill player's motivations to continue trying after a setback. As opposed to a player losing, then saying, "ok. at least it's just a month or 2 until I get a re-boot and have that blemish erased.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Just wait for PS5. That one season was going to be super ****ty then Zinoto beat everyone and a bunch of other **** happened and it turned out all right.

Also Apex but I have less hope for that.

zyth

Smash Lord
I have and probly always will think it should be 10 PR and at most 2 HM if any. now before any ***** storms come, I'm just sayin that because 10 is the biggest sensical number for a top-**** list. 5 is too small and would be the next best sensical number. but I'm not on the panel so this is just an opinion im just throwin out there for ppl to consider

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
"I think 10 makes the most sense because 10 as a number makes the most sense."

Roller

Smash Legend
Wait. Zyth. For future reference, are there any other numbers besides 5 and 10 which are "sensical?" I just wanted to make sure before I tell the next professor who proposes a 12 page paper that the assignment is nonsense.

Also. Seriously. Why is Apex counting for this season? Not only would this open the door for more and more arbitrary exceptions for time extensions/alterations on seasons to be made, it will not be capable of affecting anything. At all.

Realistically the only one who currently has the capability perform well there is Zinoto. He is already a complete lock for #1. I could literally beat Ally twice and still probably be ranked below Zinoto.

Outside of Zinoto, I may be able to get 1 or 2 significant wins at Apex like last year, however seeing as I'm like 4 notable wins up on anyone else who is going to Apex; a win or 2 here would not do anything for me. Unless Tech or Ori or somebody somehow not only makes bracket, but gets bracket wins as well.

If you honestly think that will happen.. Ok. MAYBE you can argue it should count.

Could an "on the fence" player get a notable win in pools to push them up a spot on the rankings? Yeah. It's possible. But starting off the next season with that win does just as much for the player, and gives them some breathing room going forward into the season.

tl;dr: I really don't see the argument for making Apex count for this season. Yes it could change a spot or 2 at the lower end of the rankings, but seriously... Are the bottom portion of our rankings really going to do anything THAT notable at Apex? The top 3 will be all but set in stone after PS5, and won't really be able to shake their spot by any kind of good or bad performance at Apex (especially considering L wont be there).

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Oh, just a question, do best of 5 sets (winners finals, losers finals) count more than sets earlier in the bracket? or nooo ._.

Roller

Smash Legend
I don't think that's ever been brought up in discussion. But you're in the PR panel group, you could always just read past seasons' discussions and see if it was mentioned. lol

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I don't think that's ever been brought up in discussion. But you're in the PR panel group, you could always just read past seasons' discussions and see if it was mentioned. lol
Yaaa, I couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd post here to see if anybody knew/remembered. PS5 hype >:l

I mean like

Simply not losing to bad players makes sense for the last 1-2 ppl on the PR, if a requirement of being on the PR was being able to beat every PR member(besides themselves) our PR would just be Zinoto and Mikey.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I mean like

Simply not losing to bad players makes sense for the last 1-2 ppl on the PR, if a requirement of being on the PR was being able to beat every PR member(besides themselves) our PR would just be Zinoto and Mikey.
Bad that logic I'll be #5 seeing as I have no bad losses and 2 notable wins.

:denzel:

Roller

Smash Legend
Are you referring to Fizzle in pools at Retribution?

If so, and we're adding regional pools wins to JTsm's compendium, then I also have a win over Zeton from pools at that tourney.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Are you referring to Fizzle in pools at Retribution?

If so, and we're adding regional pools wins to JTsm's compendium, then I also have a win over Zeton from pools at that tourney.
I have no idea why pools wouldn't be counted at something so large.

LOE1

Smash Lord
I have no idea why pools wouldn't be counted at something so large.
pools shall be pools. they count, just not as much as brax.

besides, i have no notable losses and 1 notable win in brax :yeahboi:

but yea, ps5 will really set in stone who's gonna make it and who's not.

Top Bottom