• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I'd rather have Apex be the start of the new season. We can still keep each season at 4 months this way.

JTsm

Smash Master
4 month rule should still be in place to just be consistent. Ofc, I have no say anyway :L

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So we are basically making this season last till the New Year? I mean I'm okay with it I just like to stick with the usual 4 month plan. Makes it a lot simpler to figure out. Also Derek you should update the OP with Season 7 stuff.

Roller

Smash Legend
I vote to end the season with PS5. Nobody other than possibly Zinoto (who will be #1 regardless, so that doesn't affect anything) is going to do anything overly important at APEX.

Seriously. Other than me, did anyone even get bumped up by their performance at APEX last year anyway?

PS5 is a really solid season ender, and Apex will be a solid season opener. I see no reason to change course.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Already outvoted for out to end the season. Plus I was going to decree it later anyway.

Apex would be like the finals of a season. You end big, not start.

Roller

Smash Legend
PS5 is big enough, and a tourney where only the #1 player regardless will be getting out of pools is doing it too big, imo.

There's still plenty of time for people to change their votes. I'd say we have a good month left before it needs to be written in stone.

LOE1

Smash Lord
cant really make a solid desicion because i doubt i can go to apex.
but how many tournies would count for the season if apex was excluded?

Roller

Smash Legend
Lordy's House Tourney
Get Low
DRDNfest
Lordy's House Tourney #2
Retribution
Youmacon
My tourney in AA (if I hold one)
Possible tourney in EL
rsr2's tourney
Phoenix Saga 5

So ~9, give or take 1.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Times are changing. Others could get notable wins besides you from Apex. As a whole, we're all much better than last year. And yes, its very likely Zinoto would be the only one to make bracket. So? Its Apex, everyone gets tough matches right from the first pool.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm sorry if I implied I would even have notable wins again this year. I don't really expect any (at Apex). And quite frankly, I don't expect anybody else to either.

Nobody in this state puts enough effort in to be good. A number of people think they do, but they really don't.

ZTD | TECHnology

We'll see what happens.

I'm officially retired from tryharding because, I just don't have the time anymore. I work to support myself and have school full time. My window closed. But there's more than one potential Zinoto here. Anything can happen!
:denzel:

fZk

Smash Lord
Lordy's House Tourney
Get Low
DRDNfest
Lordy's House Tourney #2
Retribution
Youmacon
My tourney in AA (if I hold one)
Possible tourney in EL
rsr2's tourney
Phoenix Saga 5

So ~9, give or take 1.
I have Rage looking into a venue in MSU this next week, we scoped a couple of potential venues on Tuesday and some look really promising.

To make it clear, I with the help of a co-TO yet to be determined would be the one actually running the tourney. This is for those that don't like Rage and would consider not going because of it.

Roller

Smash Legend
Well it sounds like EL is more or less confirmed for one. But is still suring up a venue first; I'm not 100% on hosting a tourney yet; and rsr is just waiting on money to put a payment on his venue first.

By end of the week, at least 2 should be up.

Yo lm going to apex and am gonna make top 32. And ps5 can't be the season Enders since it's going to be the first non house tourny tourny with real attendance.

Also you forgot about the, WTP gets the final say in all matters rule.

ZTD | TECHnology

AN ANNOUCEMENT FROM TECH_CHASE

So recently, I have grown pretty tired of playing Brawl competitively. The combination of several factors has lead to me the decision to retire playing competitvely. But mainly it is because of school. I have no time to actually play seriously anymore. I am no prodigy and so I need to invest a lot of time into getting better. And thus, this is where reality sets in.

However, don't get the wrong impression about this post. This is not a gigantic, goodbye post, or a "**** Brawl" post of anything of the sort. Instead, I have decided to focus my energies in this game in a different avenue. There are two things that I still legitimately love doing in relation to this game: hosting regionals and teaching. I already host the most successful Brawl series in Michigan. However, I have yet to really devote myself as a teacher. And so I would like to announce that I will be starting an "academy" of sorts in the Southeastern Michigan area. Michigan is growing into a respectable state for Brawl again but we lack the sharing of information.

I will elaborate. Michigan Brawl is one big family yet at the same time is comprised of several cliques. At the end of the day, these cliques stay within their own circle for information and growth. There isn't enough interaction at tournaments and advice dropping. I believe that is what is holding us back as a region period. And so I would like to host some Classfests as I'm going to call them. These are not going to be simple smashfests. I want to offer decidated time specifically for answering questions. I want tiime for serious video recording and group analysis. I also want to offer "Serious Analysis". By that I mean this:

[COLLAPSE="Example"]

Calzorz :snake: vs Staco :metaknight:

Game 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbhl8nq6rso
[COLLAPSE="Game 1"]

[COLLAPSE="Staco's First Stock"]
1. Grenade (12%)
2. Forward Tilt 1 & 2 (21%)
3. Grenade Hit (2%) > Grenade (11%) =13%
4. Neutral Air 4 (14%)
5. Grenade (12%)
6. Grab > Down Throw (13%) > F-Tilt 1 & 2 (19%) = 32%
7. Up-Tilt (14%)[/COLLAPSE]

Staco’s First Stock: 114%
Calzorz’s First Stock: 201%

[COLLAPSE="Staco's Second Stock"]1. Forward Tilt 1 & 2 (18%)
2. Grab > Down Throw (13%) > F-Tilt 1 + Grenade (21%) = 34%
3. Grab > Pummel (2%) >Down Throw + Jab (15%) > F-Tilt (20%) = 37%
4. Dash Attack (12%)
5. Up Tilt (13%)

[/COLLAPSE]

Staco’s Second Stock: 115%

[COLLAPSE="Staco's Third Stock"]1. Back Air Sourspotted (10%)
2. F-Tilt 1 (8%)
3. Back Air Sourspotted (9%)
4. Grab > Pummel (2%) > Down Throw (12%) = 14%
5. F-Tilt 1 & 2 (16%)
6. Grenade (13%)
7. Back Air Sweetspotted (15%)
8. Down Air 1 (5%)
9. Up-Smash Mortar (10%)
10. Up-Smash Both Hits (13%)[/COLLAPSE]

Staco’s Last Stock 115%

[/COLLAPSE]

Notes:

Cal did an excellent job killing Staco at the appropriate percent while maximizing his stock. If you notice, Staco died at 114% for the first stock and 115% for both of his remaining stocks.

Cal really took advantage of his tech chasing options during this match. While he messed up his last tech chase, his other ones yield around 35% on average. Considering Staco's life span during this game was 115%, we are talking about a little bit more than a third of stock just from one neutral punish. Because of this, he was able to get Staco's stock in only 5 neutral punishes on his second stock. This can be contributed from his simple but effective uses of Jabbing and Pummeling when he could.

Cal completely switched up how he punished Staco on his last stock and was unable to land some very risky and usual punishes that probably would not have worked, had he tried them earlier in the match.

117% of Cal's damage came from Grabs and follow ups he yielded from tech chasing. That is literally one of Staco's stocks in this match.

61% of Cal's damage came from Forward Tilting as a punish.

50% of Cal's damage from Grenades in a neutral position.

[/COLLAPSE]

I've done this for Sparta Kick. He said he finds this kind of analysis immensely useful.

I'm looking to offer my expertise, knowledge, experience and accomplishments and give them back to the community in a positive manner.I've revived a dead scene, joined the BBR, recreated a metagame for an entire character and held my place in the rankings for 4seasons. Why not be a teacher?

We talk about how we want to get better and what we need to do and yet it doesn't get done. And so the old dusty veteran retires from the front line and becomes a teacher in hopes that this goal is realized. A new generation of high level players is making its way into the upcoming year. Let's work together and cultivate those who really want to achieve their dreams.

Details, an updated thread with times and whatnot will be posted later on. I'm looking to make this once a month or so and anyone is welcome. Thanks for reading.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
God damnit, Derek. As soon as I decided that I'm going to stop taking Brawl seriously and focus on improving in just Melee, this post makes me want to improve in Brawl again. I guess I'm going to take the challenge to focus on both games regularly again.

Seriously, though. Good ****. That's an amazing idea.

I think MI Melee should do the same.

Roller

Smash Legend
Personally, I want lessons from Stewy. There was I, thinking I was the MI salt shaker to KY's fries.

Then Stewy comes in. nbd, just gonna cause a KY player to get so pissed off he takes up nearly an hour of EVERY TO's time; causing the same player to resort to shouting, near tears, and ready to punch someone in the face, before finally demanding his money back.

Meanwhile, I'm being cordial with Mr. Eric, Judo, and even Kass.

Stewy is the new master of salt, and I for one request lessons in his fine art.

Tech's idea is ok too.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Personally, I want lessons from Stewy. There was I, thinking I was the MI salt shaker to KY's fries.

Then Stewy comes in. nbd, just gonna cause a KY player to get so pissed off he takes up nearly an hour of EVERY TO's time; causing the same player to resort to shouting, near tears, and ready to punch someone in the face, before finally demanding his money back.

Meanwhile, I'm being cordial with Mr. Eric, Judo, and even Kass.

Stewy is the new master of salt, and I for one request lessons in his fine art.

Tech's idea is ok too.
according to spec, judo paid for him. So spec was give $10 that wasn't his.

Also I look forward to this endeavor of your Derek. I'mma be that teacher's pet. But Scott will be the first one because of that "special" relationship you two have ;)

ZTD | TECHnology

Xatic is required to stay after class for private "tutoring" sessions.

:woman:

EDIT: Ankoku! Come to one my sessions! :D

I'll be making a thread pretty soon.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Also, update this thread Derek with the tourney stuff ;)

You should also do more commentating. Going back over the vids I like the way you do it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah, I can probably do it tonight.

And thanks I love commentating. I really wanna do it more!

I just do informative commentary since I know so much about the game. The color commentary is best left to the actual funny people XD

Top Bottom