• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I tried to make these moves represent more mega man than his companions:

B: Buster-This was hard to decide how to make it work, but here is the way i think it would work best with the rest of his moves... Press B to start a charge or B rapidly to shoot 3 or infinite(depending on which MegaMan). You can Press B again any time during charge to fire, the progress has three levels, weak, medium, strong. Weak gives no knockback, Medium gives little, and Strong gives decent. It can charge while moving and jumping. I think this method is better as it does not limit his other B moves. 1-3%, 4-6%, 9-11%

Down B: Buster Type-Use Down B to cycle through different types of busters that were found in the games(I would say about 3-5). They would all be very different in what they do. I'll study Mega man to put down specifics if people like my moveset. Also I think it will be better not to charge these. If you cycle off of the normal buster while charged, you lose it. This goes with the Neutral B.

Forward B: Dash/Airdash- Yes this is traditionally X I think, but I believe it to be better than many alternatives. Press Forward B to Dash on ground or in the Air, if done on ground you can jump out of it to gain a little more distance and height. Can be used multiple times in the air, there is a 2 sec "cooldown" time. It has a little knockback. 8-10%

Up B: Upward Dash- This is the best I could come up with as I did not want to do anything with Rush. He uses his Dashing abilities to Dash Upwards. This has very poor Horizontal. Has high knockback. 11-13% The other one uses Rush as a Spring... if you would prefer that. Same Damage and all that.

RDK

Smash Hero
Left/Right+B- shoots the tornado projectile ( same from MvC2) or crash bomb (can't decide) until he kills an opponent. then he takes their b ability like kirby. whenever you press forward+B you do the new attack and temporarily change color(only when doing the move) You can tuant to remove the power
He had a pretty good moveset in MvC and MvC2 (even though he looked and sounded like a douche...). You could just carry some of those moves to fill in the more disputable ones.

P.S: His super move in MvC could be his FS in Brawl. If I remember correctly, the super move was teh t!ts.

P.S.S: Megaman Up+B

Up+B: It could be a Shoryuuken-like move, where he pulls out his laser-sword (can't remember what it's called) and does a quick uppercut slash with it while jumping, sending the opponent flying through the air, kind of like Mario's Up+B Coinage.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
He had a pretty good moveset in MvC and MvC2 (even though he looked and sounded like a douche...). You could just carry some of those moves to fill in the more disputable ones.

P.S: His super move in MvC could be his FS in Brawl. If I remember correctly, the super move was teh t!ts.

Up+B: It could be a Shoryuuken-like move, where he pulls out his laser-sword (can't remember what it's called) and does a quick uppercut slash with it while jumping, sending the opponent flying through the air, kind of like Mario's Up+B Coinage.
my sentiments exactly except i thought he looked sick as hell. His voice was garbage though because of the japanese voice acting, lol at MM8.

yea a lot of his moves could just be remade in brawl from MvC

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea i want the original version in and (And proto man as an AT!).

Yhea and maybe Zero as an AT as well but if there are costumes (Instead of just colour changes) then X version of him should be one of them.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They both have arm cannons... end (Thats just about the only similarities (And maybe the helmet))

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Lol i cant wait to use Toad mans powers! XD!

(And dont even mention spring man to me or i will explode from excitement)

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I thought about putting a copy powers move in my list. The reason I didn't, doesn't he only copy in the show? In the games he gains their technology by beating them. So perhaps when he KOs them, he gets their power lol.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
maybe, i think they wont put megaman in cuz they got someone nearly the same as him and thats samus
Ummm... lets see... they both have arm cannons, yeah... but... that's about it. As far as similarities.

Megaman (or at least X) dashes along the ground, can steal his enemies weapons and abilities.

SAMUS, on the other hand, is capable of transforming into a morph ball (even though she doesn't do it in melee) already has several weapons loaded into her cannon, uses a grapple beam, etc., etc., etc.

My point is that saying that Samus and Megaman are so similar is just like saying that, I don't know, MEWTWO and LUCARIO would be the same thing in Smash.

Megaman= 1 xMzux= nada

Edit: Crap, Legolastom and bluebomber22 beat me to it. Oh well, you get the point. Megaman =/= Samus.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I thought about putting a copy powers move in my list. The reason I didn't, doesn't he only copy in the show? In the games he gains their technology by beating them. So perhaps when he KOs them, he gets their power lol.
yeah thats how it works in my moveset. whoever was the last person ko'd by him is one whose power he gets. You can taunt to remove it. but remember mega man never copies them exactly, his new power is his take on their ability. So his copy would be different than kirby's

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
yeah thats how it works in my moveset. whoever was the last person ko'd by him is one whose power he gets. You can taunt to remove it. but remember mega man never copies them exactly, his new power is his take on their ability. So his copy would be different than kirby's
Yea, I know. I wouldn't like it if he shot a fire ball that rolled across the ground.

Edit: Actually, it's more like saying Mario and Ganondorf are clones becuase both of their forward air include their fists punching in a downward motion lol.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Yea, I know. I wouldn't like it if he shot a fire ball that rolled across the ground.

Edit: Actually, it's more like saying Mario and Ganondorf are clones becuase both of their forward air include their fists punching in a downward motion lol.
JohnKnight1 had an idea where megaman gets boss powers from his game after copying a character in smash. for example mario would give hime flame man's power, pika would give him elecman's, etc. It would be difficult but not impossible, i liked the idea

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Yea, that actually is a good idea. I still like the idea of having some preset boss powers though. Ones that make his buster do different things.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What about his FS guys?

Hmmmmm... he turns into X and his attacks become 3 times as strong or something (For a limited time of course).

And yhea thats a good idea.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I think I am one of the only people here right now that want him to be X rather than normal lol. I mean it doesn't matter to me, but I like X more. I don't really care about Final smashes, but if it's original mega man. I think it should be either using his companions as a multi attack or using some whole screen hitting attack. X should get one of his giga attacks from the series.

Del Money

Smash Champion

megaman n00b question...whats MvC and MvC2? and how come RDK knows this **** and i dont?
maybe, i think they wont put megaman in cuz they got someone nearly the same as him and thats samus
WTF...omg no more...NO mORE MENTION OF SAMUS IN THIS THREAD EVER AGAIN...
oh WOW, THINK xMizux!

Samus can't copy powers.

Mega Man can't do screw atack, morph ball, zero suit

Hes a robot not a female

you PHAIL
well put...xMizux is a smash n00b though but at least now it got through to him/her (before Stryks arrived)

RDK

Smash Hero
megaman n00b question...whats MvC and MvC2? and how come RDK knows this **** and i dont?
Marvel vs. Capcom 1 + 2. Megaman was a char for the Capcom side, I believe...

Lol, I know about it because I have both games for MAME and play it online all the time.

well put...xMizux is a smash n00b though but at least now it got through to him/her (before Stryks arrived)
I've had enough of his ridiculous claim that they can't put ____ in because that person is too much like ____. That's complete and udder bull****e.

Somehow, Sakurai managed to bring in characters to Melee who were NOTHING like the characters they are clones of...so suddenly now you say "ZOMG HE CAN'T BE IN THERE BC HE'S TOO MUCH LIKE SAMUS CLONE CLONE CLONE CLONE!" when we DO get someone who might have a slight chance of being like someone else?

Get over yourself.

BTW, Samus is hot. ;)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Somehow, Sakurai managed to bring in characters to Melee who were NOTHING like the characters they are clones of...so suddenly now you say "ZOMG HE CAN'T BE IN THERE BC HE'S TOO MUCH LIKE SAMUS CLONE CLONE CLONE CLONE!" when we DO get someone who might have a slight chance of being like someone else?

Get over yourself.

BTW, Samus is hot. ;)
I dunno... I think I'd do them both equally as hard... maybe even Megaman a little harder? :p

Stryks

Smash Hero
U freaking insult me by saying that:

Yeah sakurai is gonna go all the trouble of:

Considering which 3rd party character to join
chooses megaman over other 3rd parties
tries to contact capcom
contacts capcom and makes apointment to talk about megaman joining
gets together with capcom executives
agree that megaman appears in brawl
sakurai investigates megamans abilities
chooses which megaman to use (obviously original)
makes stages, themes, hitboxes, attacks, etc.

JUST to become a samus clone...

also n00b:

Megaman cant morphball
Megaman doesnt lay bombs
Megaman doesnt have the screw atatck
Megaman doesnt have a zero suit form
Megaman cant perform some girl-only moves samus has...

U FAIL

RDK

Smash Hero
I dunno... I think I'd do them both equally as hard... maybe even Megaman a little harder?
PFFFTT...lol. :laugh:

Stryks... how many times have you used that quote already? Lol
But don't stop using it!
It still works every time.
Yeah, it's a good n00b repellant.

What thread did that post of yours come from, Stryks?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Marvel vs. Capcom 1 and 2. :O
lol i shoulda known that...my favorite game to play at the arcade way back in the day...street fighter Ryu and Guile FTW. but Megaman classic or X is still my favorite Capcom cahracter. which reminds me. Bluebomber22 what do you think about Viewitful as a cahracter in general (not brawl related)?
From this thread, a few 5-7 pages back I believe...
yeah some stupidass fool comes in here CLAIMING samus will be a megaman clone. people you automatically think itll happen are stupid n00bs whove never played a megaman game before even though they think they have. people who THINK it might happen are lil better but need to use more common sense

Stryks

Smash Hero
wow, i disappear form this thread and it goes downhill thanks to n00bs. glad to see my buddy stryks is keping it in line. So, how much did i miss stryks?
2-3 n00bs claiming the same thing: Megaman = samus clone, I put them in their place, good to see ya back XD

RDK

Smash Hero
lol i shoulda known that...my favorite game to play at the arcade way back in the day...street fighter Ryu and Guile FTW. but Megaman classic or X is still my favorite Capcom cahracter. which reminds me. Bluebomber22 what do you think about Viewitful as a cahracter in general (not brawl related)?
I've never played any of his games.

What company/developer makes him, and what would his chances of getting drafted to Brawl be (just as speculation)?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Viewtiful Joe? Its developed by capcom...

I say his chances arent great, seeing how hes been going down since the sequel came out, in other words he didnt last long, besides if capcom is gettin the rep im guessin they'll use their mascot...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Viewtiful joe made by capcom and doesn't have much of a chance of getting into brawl (People would call him a Falcon clone XD).

This is what i think on the whole MM=SA matter...

(That reminds me i gotta beat Phazon pirate again after i beat MegaManNT)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ummm... I think you and all the other n00bs (not specifically the members with a "Smash n00b" title, but more along the lines of the ones who post stupid comments) should stop thinking that Megaman would have to have a moveset similar to Samus.

The armcannon.
That's all they would have in common.
THE END!
Good DAY to you sirs! {storms off angrily}

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah sakurai is gonna go all the trouble of:

Considering which 3rd party character to join
chooses megaman over other 3rd parties
tries to contact capcom
contacts capcom and makes apointment to talk about megaman joining
gets together with capcom executives
agree that megaman appears in brawl
sakurai investigates megamans abilities
chooses which megaman to use (obviously original)
makes stages, themes, hitboxes, attacks, etc.

JUST to become a samus clone...

also n00b:

Megaman cant morphball
Megaman doesnt lay bombs
Megaman doesnt have the screw atatck
Megaman doesnt have a zero suit form
Megaman cant perform some girl-only moves samus has...

U FAIL
Once again I have come to defend megaman, FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Del Money

Smash Champion
i dont buy any bull**** articles. it may not be bull**** but still, with the brawl release date closing in the likehood of rumors flying around are even more likely. why wouldnt they just flat out say "it's Sonic" rather than "Sega fans will be happy". first off this isnt the thread to discuss this. and 2nd who's this 'mystery Sega mascot' liekly to be? BILLY ****ING HATCHER?

I think he should be included, with attacks comparable to Samus'.
*headdesk*

...megaman 4 brawl

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
Ummm... I think you and all the other n00bs (not specifically the members with a "Smash n00b" title, but more along the lines of the ones who post stupid comments) should stop thinking that Megaman would have to have a moveset similar to Samus.

The armcannon.
That's all they would have in common.
THE END!
Good DAY to you sirs! {storms off angrily}
Actually, I wasn't really thinking about the arm cannon. So you can shut the **** up now.

Top Bottom