• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

RDK

Smash Hero
I think he should be included, with attacks comparable to Samus'.
GTFO.

How did Del Money hit 800 already? You'll have hit 1,000 by the end of this week...

Bas_ard, lol.

SONIC MEGAMAN BOMBERMAN 4 BRAWL FTW

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey stop attacking the man he only said with attacks comparable with samus its not like he is Alpha n00b (On Ridley thread) Or anything.

And get it already BOMBERMAN IS SH_T!!

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
Yeah sure, since megaman and samus are females, can do screw attacks, lay bombs, copy abilities, summon a robotic dog... yeah the arm cannon has NOTHING to do with ur statement... [/sarcasm]
I'm not talking about B moves either. It's funny that you jump on what I said, as if you actually had any clue about what my intention was. You're not smart enough to read minds, so don't bother trying.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yeah sure, since megaman and samus are females, can do screw attacks, lay bombs, copy abilities, summon a robotic dog... yeah the arm cannon has NOTHING to do with ur statement... [/sarcasm]
Thaaaaaaaaaank you!

Actually, I wasn't really thinking about the arm cannon. So you can shut the **** up now.
I find it hard to believe their arm cannons hadn't crossed your mind. Even a monkey could make that comparison. But alright, let's remove the armcannons then... you still have two completely different characters. One is already established as a Smash character with a moveset that couldn't possibly be copied by copied by Megaman who can't morphball, screw attack, or take blow off his armor.

Megaman is short and stocky while Samus is long legged, full grown, well endowed... :p... with a great physique...
ummm... right, well... they wouldn't possibly play the same. Excluding the acceptional few A attacks, they'd be two totally different characters.

So why don't YOU shut the **** up now?

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
Thaaaaaaaaaank you!

I find it hard to believe their arm cannons hadn't crossed your mind. Even a monkey could make that comparison. But alright, let's remove the armcannons then... you still have two completely different characters. One is already established as a Smash character with a moveset that couldn't possibly be copied by copied by Megaman who can't morphball, screw attack, or take blow off his armor.

Megaman is short and stocky while Samus is long legged, full grown, well endowed... :p... with a great physique...
ummm... right, well... they wouldn't possibly play the same. Excluding the acceptional few A attacks, they'd be two totally different characters.

So why don't YOU shut the **** up now?
Okay, you win, you're the greatest.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Would be easier to just say what you mean then than to be really vague about it.
I think that's an obvious staple of being considered an "intelligent poster".

I'm not talking about B moves either. It's funny that you jump on what I said, as if you actually had any clue about what my intention was. You're not smart enough to read minds, so don't bother trying.
You're right, I apologize. But I'll just stay out of it, seems I'm unwelcome.
Okay, you win, you're the greatest.
Wow... you sound like my girlfriend.
Allison? Is that you?
Oh, and if you're going to spam and whine and cuss... why don't you go play Halo?

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
I think that's an obvious staple of being considered an "intelligent poster".

Wow... you sound like my girlfriend.
Allison? Is that you?
Oh, and if you're going to spam and whine and cuss... why don't you go play Halo?
I did not intend to spam, whine, or cuss. You set that off, you instigated.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Hey, Halo is a great game! You're right though... dumb kids. That's what muting is for.

EDIT: The key is don't let the instigating get to you.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Man don't get me started on Gears lol. So yea, mega man is pretty cool... I say he should be in Brawl, would anyone agree with me or am I alone?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I did not intend to spam, whine, or cuss. You set that off, you instigated.
Ahhh, but you DID do all those things an your own accord.
A simple counterpost rebuttle would have sufficed.

(and the double post was spamming, just use the Edit button next time... or Multiquote if that's what you intended to do, just hit the Multiquote button, find the next multiquote, and so on until you have all the quotes you want and then hit quote)

<just a little helpful, non-aggrivated or discerning advice from one poster to another>
Ok?

Del Money

Smash Champion
@UnChienAndalousa
as a newcomer to SWF and that goes for all newcomers to SWF i STRONGLY recommend READING previous posts before saying something stupid and/or potentially flame-worthy
Actually, I wasn't really thinking about the arm cannon. So you can shut the **** up now.
B: Buster-This was hard to decide how to make it work, but here is the way i think it would work best with the rest of his moves... Press B to start a charge or B rapidly to shoot 3 or infinite(depending on which MegaMan). You can Press B again any time during charge to fire, the progress has three levels, weak, medium, strong. Weak gives no knockback, Medium gives little, and Strong gives decent. It can charge while moving and jumping. I think this method is better as it does not limit his other B moves. 1-3%, 4-6%, 9-11%
theres your answer. does samus charge while moving in melee?
Best 3rd party line up for Brawl.
agreed
Hey stop attacking the man he only said with attacks comparable with samus its not like he is Alpha n00b (On Ridley thread) Or anything.
alpha n00b is a *****

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok now that little problem is over lets get back to Mega Man... so... uh...

Mega Man is a clone of samus... (What!? im bored)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
n0000000000000000000000b!!!
(just joshin' ya!)

But personally, if Megaman doesn't make the cut, then I'm going to be very disheartened. Who deserves a spot more than him? Nintendo owes him for helping put the company on the map with so many fun games for the NES.

Though I do suppose MvC already has dibs on him...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Did i say samus last time i meant he was a clone of mewtwo

And yhea i would hate it if that (Ultimately rubbish) Bomber man gets in over him.

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
Ok now that little problem is over lets get back to Mega Man... so... uh...

megaman wouldnt have the same grab movement, and couldnt transform into morphball. diffrnt Up-b also. i have to accept that it would have nice moves. however im not pro-megaman. Sonic for brawl! imagine a godly fast blue ball hitting everithing on its way on the ground.. or in midair..!
SONIC!

Del Money

Smash Champion
And yhea i would hate it if that (Ultimately rubbish) Bomber man gets in over him.
bomberman is cool but megaman deserves the spot over him. heres hoping so much controversy gets sitirred up that Sakurai squeezes in maybe 1 to 2 at the most more spots..

*badly wanting (in order): Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman, Rayman, Snake for 3rd party cast*

Vali

Smash Ace
Sorry but Megaman is far too unoriginal, would probably just end up being a Bowser clone.

Megaman for Brawl.

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
Imagine a blue robot with and infinite number of weapons to choose from, every attack being unexpected... yeah now THATS godly...
infinite? in the best of cases you'd have three, not considering a copy of samus' charge beam. every unexpected? dont really sure about being quicker than sonic..

SONIC for brawl! XD!

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
No, he would be a Master Chief clone... Duh. MC is the only Brawl character even remotely close to Mega Man. I mean... does samus make a Battle Rifle come out of her arm?

Stryks

Smash Hero
... my god that is THE most ******** question, I ask u:

Can marth spike in his games?
Can mario meteor smash in his games?
Does falcon knee his oponents to get to the finish line?

I rest my case...

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
... my god that is THE most ******** question, I ask u:

Can marth spike in his games?
Can mario meteor smash in his games?
Does falcon knee his oponents to get to the finish line?

I rest my case...
He jumps out of the window and knees Samurai Goroh, then gets back in... Such Style!

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
still i think exagerated hyper attacks would be a worth bet on sonic...

didnt forget.. SOOOOONIC for brawl.. !!! XD!

geez, tired, moving to sonic disscussion.. this one was fun thou..

've a nice day

dj asakura

Smash Ace
i'm starting to think about a different concept for MM's B moves.

what if instead of upB propelling him upward, they give him a limited wall climb? (from the x games)

and what if his overB was similar to the fox/falco illusion, something like his dashing from the x series? or really, what if you double tapped forward he would dash, leaving his over b open for something still?

i really only played the X games so that's why i have X ideas.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
still i think exagerated hyper attacks would be a worth bet on sonic...

didnt forget.. SOOOOONIC for brawl.. !!! XD!

geez, tired, moving to sonic disscussion.. this one was fun thou..

've a nice day
Sonic is cool and deserves to be in brawl but youre in the wrong place buddy

Geez, can't a guy go to class and not miss 5 pages of his favorite thread??

@Del Money- I've only played one Viewtiful Joe game for like 5 minutes so i can't have an opinion of him. I think its funny that he looks like a mini cap falcon though lol

@topic- What do you guys think about this item for Brawl:

E-Tank (all classic mm games)- You grab it by pressing A of course, then it appears next to your stock icon and percentage. To use it you press the "taunt" button and it gives you back some amount of health (maybe 100% or so). This would make it a strategic item because you have to choose between when to use it or not

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace

what if instead of upB propelling him upward, they give him a limited wall climb? (from the x games)

and what if his overB was similar to the fox/falco illusion, something like his dashing from the x series? or really, what if you double tapped forward he would dash, leaving his over b open for something still?

Look at my moveset a page or two back. I had the dashing forward B. The climbing up walls is cool. It's like my running up walls idea with sonic.

EDIT: If you die with the Etank- you lose it.

Stryks

Smash Hero

Thing is what about in stages with limited walls under the stage, such as the DK stage or the SF stage? My answer: Megauppercut

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
infinite? in the best of cases you'd have three, not considering a copy of samus' charge beam. every unexpected? dont really sure about being quicker than sonic..

SONIC for brawl! XD!
As much as I am pro-Sonic, I'm gonna have to bash you for a moment.

~Not true!~

All of Megaman's powers wouldn't have to just fill up his B slots. Yes there will be a Samus-esque cannon, that much is as expected as it is needed. Some moves have "special" effects to them, that at first glance would seem to be their special moves: Mario's fSmash; Samus' fAir, dtilt, and uSmash; almost anything from Mewtwo, Zelda, or Ness; and even Yoshi's shield.

EDIT:
You can fit anything anywhere for almost any diverse enough character. And Megaman is as diverse as they come. He's never the same guy twice!

(I forgot to finish my statement. Lol. Sorry, I'm playing Metroid. I got distracted.)

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
As much as I am pro-Sonic, I'm gonna have to bash you for a moment.

~Not true!~

All of Megaman's powers wouldn't have to just fill up his B slots. Yes there will be a Samus-esque cannon, that much is as expected as it is needed. Some moves have "special" effects to them, that at first glance would seem to be their special moves: Mario's fSmash; Samus' fAir, dtilt, and uSmash; almost anything from Mewtwo, Zelda, or Ness; and even Yoshi's shield.

EDIT:
You can fit anything anywhere for almost any diverse enough character. And Megaman is as diverse as they come. He's never the same guy twice!

(I forgot to finish my statement. Lol. Sorry, I'm playing Metroid. I got distracted.)
This is all very true.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
@Wizzlecroff- yeah you would lose the E-tank if you died. the longer you hold it the more beneficial it would be because you would gradually take damage, but the longer you hold it the more risk you taake of not being able to use it cuz you may get killed

Top Bottom