• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Since I haven't seen one made, I've made this one. The Official Megaman in Brawl topic.

Do you support Megaman? Are you against it?

What version of Megaman would you like? Original? X? .EXE? Maybe even the new XZ?

If megaman is in, would you want to see a partner? Protoman? Bass? Zero? Axel?

What if Zero DOES get in. Which would you prefer? Original or the MMZ style?

What about attacks and the super move? What ideas do you have?

Come! Help support the power that is Megaman!

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Lord Kagato said:
Since I haven't seen one made, I've made this one. The Official Megaman in Brawl topic.

Do you support Megaman? Are you against it?

What version of Megaman would you like? Original? X? .EXE? Maybe even the new XZ?

If megaman is in, would you want to see a partner? Protoman? Bass? Zero? Axel?

What if Zero DOES get in. Which would you prefer? Original or the MMZ style?

What about attacks and the super move? What ideas do you have?

Come! Help support the power that is Megaman!

i'm pro-Megaman. he's classic character on the NES. i'd prefer classic Megaman, with X and .EXE alternate costumes.

i'd also like a Protoman clone, but with a shield.

and Zero as a companion, based off of MMZ on the GBA.

he should acquire a new, replaceable attack (like kirby) every time he kills an opponent.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
I'm Pro-to/Megaman. I prefer MMZero to be an alternate costume and ditch any projectile move Zero might have.

In fact, I'm pro 3rd party additions, as I like video games in general.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see the original Megaman in the game. His b-attacks could be something like this:
up+b=Rush Jet or Rush Coil
down+b=Top Spin or Charge kick
forward+b=Random Projectile from Megaman 1-8
b=Mega Buster (I think he should be able to charge it while moving, but the shot should be released when you release the button)

The only problem with megaman is that I really can't imagine his a-attacks.

I would also like to see Protoman in the game, but not as a clone.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
PZX2DN4F said:
The only problem with megaman is that I really can't imagine his a-attacks.
He's in about 4 fighting games. Protoman and Bass are in two of them (I think). I would look for the games in wiki, but I'm too lazy to search.

Exit

Smash Cadet
When I think of nintendo I think of five franchises; Mario, Link, Metroid, Final fantasy, and Megaman. It would be a shame if Megaman didnt make the cut. Considering his substantial abilities, I think that MMX would fit the style of SSBB better than most of his other incarnations.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Exit said:
When I think of nintendo I think of five franchises; Mario, Link, Metroid, Final fantasy, and Megaman. It would be a shame if Megaman didnt make the cut. Considering his substantial abilities, I think that MMX would fit the style of SSBB better than most of his other incarnations.
I actually think the original would be better than MMX. MM1 has enough moves to be in a moveset, although probably not the best, but you can make a moveset nonetheless.

ADD: And I also think that Rockman is more popular than Rockman X in Japan.

Link of Legend

Smash Rookie
How could a character who( with the exception of the street fighter team) single handly saved capcom in the begining be ignored, seriously?

I have heard this arguement alot"ya he is part of the nintendo legacy but he is tainted by to many PS2 releases" if you find yourself asking that then just remember this .......though pokemon is a huge part of nintendo they included 4 pokemon........seriously did we need Pichu? he is an annoying yellow mouse(no offenco to pich users or fans)....so why not include Megaman?

So ya I am Pro-Megaman as far as him being in SSBB goes

As for his moveset ...I am not to good at that I will leave that to the makers of the game.

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
If you want these characters, post them in the request thread. I have been a big advocate of Megaman and Protoman being in SSBB. And between the two of them you can have enough alternate costumes to cover all of the versions you want.

SmashnTendo

Smash Apprentice
I'm pro-Megaman but I don't know how they're going to choose what one to use!

ahh...my 'realistic' dream come true is Megaman and Sonic getting on the next smash! Just think of Megaman going against Samus! Beam canon to beam canon!

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Frankly, I think Megaman has a decent chance. Capcom is tied in with Nintendo pretty well. What they have going for them is that Capcom has made almost all the Zelda games for the GB since Oracle of Seasons. Factor that in with Nintendo busting away from the Nintendo Only rule and you have a decent probability.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I am pro-Megaman. I would love to see X, Protoman, and Zero in the mix too, but any more than that and we are kinda getting out of hand with characters. I mean 4 would definitely be crazy. If anything we would get either just Megaman, or Megaman and Protoman.
ADD: And I also think that Rockman is more popular than Rockman X in Japan.
If anything, I would say it's roughly even actually. Did you see Capcom's treatment of Maverick Hunter X, the remake of MMX? Oh man, if you haven't you should. I think it's better than Megaman Powered Up, IMO.

Pikawil

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see Mega Man. Oh, and that might be asking for too much but X too since he was never in a crossover before. Let's see:

Original: MvC
X: None
Legends: MvC2, Namco x Capcom
Zero: SvC Chaos
Battle Network: Those useless crossover minigames with Boktai. What's the point of those?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
If MegaMan does get in (not at all unlikely, his creator even dropped a hint of him appearing on Wii at E3), it will most likely be the original, though I'd prefer X myself. As far as Zero's conerned, the MMZ version has the best shot, as I believe he's already appeared in that SSB-esque Onimusha Blade Warriors game (and CvS:Chaos)
Here's hoping .EXE DOSEN'T get in... That series totally whores off the original...

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for Megaman being in as long as it's Megaman X. The old Megaman wouldn't have a lot of things to do(unless they give him Robomaster moves) but X would have more freedom.

I came up with a moveset for him.

B: Charged shot(charges quickly but fully charged is weaker than other charged attacks).
B-d : Dash. Hurts the opponent.
B-u : Shoryuken(I know it's a Street Fighter move but X uses it in many games and it would be a good recovery move).
B-f : Power from the character you KO(wink to the Megaman games). At the beginning of a match, B-f would act like B.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
Lord_Deathborne said:
If MegaMan does get in (not at all unlikely, his creator even dropped a hint of him appearing on Wii at E3)...
Did he really? When was this?

But yea, the dueds gotta get in man, hes a smash bros kinda dude. Doesnt the fact that he was on teh creators poll have any meaning that his chances are high?

If he does get in and there are intros, he gotta ride in on rush....Just gotta.

fluffy

Smash Champion
JmcShocker16 said:
Megaman has to be in this game. he's perfect for it in my opinion
ur right. he can wavedash and walljump in all his games. (well maybe not b4 super nes)

roll wants in

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
megaman is my # 1 person that i want in. I spent way too much time on his games for him not to get into the smash franchise. I just wonder if he'll have the wallslide b4 wall jump thing.. I woulsn't mid that, maybe even being able to shoot at opponents while doing it.

fluffy

Smash Champion
yea same here. i spent 75 dollars for megaman x2, and 3. right after that, the megaman x anniversary collection comes in. =(
wallslide while being able to shoot. that would complete my life.

yeyahbenji

Smash Cadet
I'm in agreement with Megaman, the original, being in Suiper Smash Brothers: Brawl. Of the greatest games of all time, it would be hard to make the list without putting Megaman in there (most likely Megaman 2). He'd be an addition of a new franchise in the series, which I like much more than more characters from the same franchise. I love the Mario franchise, but anything more than Wario and at most one more character from that franchise just seems to make it too lopsided for me. But back to Megaman.

His move set, I believe, would look best in this format:
  • B -- The good ol' Mega Buster. He would be able to fire three shots on-screen (in reference to only being able to do so in the old NES games) as well as being able to charge his buster. Unlike how Samus, charges, though, Megaman's would be determined on how long you hold the B button..
  • B-F -- This move is similar to Kirby's in that Megaman will steal a power from his opponent. However, unlike Kirby, it is not an exact replica of his opponent's move. It will be a blaster variant that can then be used with the B button. The variants cannot be charged like the mega buster. This could allow Megaman's abilities, strategies, and fighting styles to alter with every match, which is reflective of the style of Smash.
  • B-U -- While a teleport could work here, the best representation of Megaman would be to use the Rush coil. However, Rush doesn't just immediately appear (with Game & Watch, his helpers can work like that; Rush would have to teleport in). While Megaman is on the ground, Rush will teleport beside him and stay on the ground for a couple seconds. Megaman could then use this time to get his extra jump in strategic fashion. While falling / in the air, there would still be a slight delay, but Rush would appear underneath Megaman and give him his third jump. Damage from this attack should be minimal, if not that then none, as the jump would be large enough to overcome damaging effects needed.
  • B-D -- The slide, akin to the Falcon Kick in style and delieverence, but without as much flare. The slide, though, is used more as a dodgey move rather than a forceful attack. It can allow Megaman to slide under projectiles used at him or, if done correctly, used similar to a roll-out dodge to appear on the opponent's other side.

As can be seen, the strategy for playing Megaman is to use his blaster effectively. So while his only damaging B-attack is his blaster, his other moves make up for it in their ability to set up how he'll use his blaster. Imagine having your mega buster charged and then someone decides to throw an item, let's say a turtle shell at you. Imagine your satisfaction at sliding under that and letting loose that buster on a disgruntled opponent.

I love the thought.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
If you've played MvC, alot of Mega Man's moves from that game can be implemented into SSBB, like his Plasma Uppercut (B+Up) and Leg-breaker Slide (B+Down) (can't remember the actual names of the moves, but I think those are fairly close). Mega Man X can be implemented with a similar setup, except for a few specifics, like his B+Down involving a Dash rather than a Slide.

yeyahbenji

Smash Cadet
I have played MvC, and I love whipping up some butt with Megaman. While those moves like the uppercut and leg breaker work well in MvC and could do in Smash, I like the idea of Megaman being a blaster heavy character. You could get by in MvC without using the blaster; Megaman is a video game character that uses basically only his blaster.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I love MegaMan(especially his sidescrollers on the ps1) and would be a perfect addition to this game. In one game I think Zero died or something and he could use his sword(correct me if I'm wrong sry this was a long time ago) and in exe. he can use different kinds of swords.

Also his B attacks could use his blaster. His A attacks would b mixed with sword attacks and melee attacks.

Rowe

Smash Cadet
I think that either the original Megaman (Rockman) or Megaman.exe (Rockman.exe) would be in. The original was very classic on NES/Famicom, but heres why its more likely for the EXE one. Not only is it exclusive to Nintendo (besides the guest appearance in the Onimusha game and the EXE Wonderswan game) Kojima is good friends with the guy who did the EXE series. Kojima did Boktai. Kojima's kid likes Rockman EXE and the EXE guy's kid likes Boktai. Some more diverse moves for Rockman EXE would be things like mini bombs, sword and other chips. He can slide, too. That was in Rockman.exe Transmission for GameCube. Just a thought.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
While .EXE unfortunately does have a better shot, the original or even X are more deserving, as they were more important to the history of the NES and SNES. Megaman.EXE is basically just MEGAmon...

Ronike

Smash Ace
It'd be awesome for megaman to be in SSBB. I think X might be a little better simply because his a button moves would be slightly easier. As for Zero, the MMZ model sould be used for visuals, but the attacks could be taken from both MMZ and MMX. Here are my ideas.
B- Blaster (MMZ, fires four small shots, can charge while moving, chargeshot dependent on element, Fire: Exploding Shot, ex-skill from MMZ2, Ice: Ice spear ex-skill from MMZ4, Elec: Electric Ball that splits on impact and moves vertically, ex-skill form MMZ2, Neutral: Normal charge shot from MMZ series)
B+up- Rising edge (ex-skill MMZ)
B+down- Change elements (fire, ice, thunder, neutral)
B+side- Shield boomerang (MMZ, out as long as B is held, can be charged while moving, reflects laser type projectiles like fox's blaster, stops physical projectlies i.e thrown items or arrows, different movement based on element, Fire: Boomerang is thrown up instead of to the side, Ice: Boomerang orbits zero ex-skill from MMZ3, Elec: Boomerang follows ground for awhile and then loops back to zero, also leaves sparks until returning to Zero, ex-skill from MMZ3)
Aerial A- Spins with Z-saber, attack from grizzly in MMX5
Aerial A+foward-spins and slashes, based on homing attack from MMX7 but w/o the homing attack
Aerial A+back-ideas welcome
Aerial A+up-ideas welcome
Aerial A+down- downstab that changes dependent on element
(Ice: large "icicle" from MMX4, Neutral: rocks scatter upon ground impact, MMZ4, Electric: Shocks go across ground on impact, MMZ3, Fire: nothing special)
A-swings Z-saber, can combo three times, directional input after the first swing changes combo (marth+roy's B+side), combos from MMZ series, can hold for standard charge saber form MMZ
A+tilt(any direction but down)- Triple rod, can be extend three times, no movement
A+tilt down- slide with Z-saber in front
Smash A+side-shockwave dependent on element, Ice: Fires long range icicle for low damage, MMZ3 ex-skill, Fire: shoots mid range fire "wave" for medium damage, based on attack from MMZ4, Elec and Neutral: Fires short range crescent for high damage, ex-skill from MMZ2
Smash A+down- Energy field from MMX4
Smash A+up- Charged recoil rod, fire element shoots a ball of fire up which splits into four an comes back down, flames remain for two seconds, based on "Soul-Fire" ex-skill for MMZ3
Dash A- Fire: Extends Z-saber at downward angle and spins with flames surrounding, Ice: Blue aura surrounds zero and connection creates damage, doesn't stop dash, based on attack from MMX5, Elec: Z-saber extends out foward lightly longer with sparks around, ex-skill for MMZ2+3, neutral: normal slash from MMZ series

Element effects: Fire: causes burns, 5% chance "scream" like luigi's up+B, affects all but normal buster shot ant normal saber swings, orange saber+shield
Ice: 20% chance short freeze like that caused by Ice Climbers B+down, 5% chance long freeze like that caused by freezie, affects same as fire, blue saber+shield
Elec: 10% chance medium length stun (slightly shorter than broken shield) with electricity runnig thru, affects same as fire, yellow shield and saber
Neutral: 5% damage increase for all attacks, green saber and shield

Any comments are welcome

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Ronike said:
It'd be awesome for megaman to be in SSBB. I think X might be a little better simply because his a button moves would be slightly easier. As for Zero, the MMZ model sould be used for visuals, but the attacks could be taken from both MMZ and MMX. Heres my idea for his B attacks.
B- Blaster (MMZ, fires four small shots, can charge while moving, chargeshot dependent on element)
B+up- Flaming sword uppercut thing (ex-skill MMZ)
B+down- Change elemnets (fire, ice, thunder, neutral)
B+side- Shield boomerang (MMZ, can be charged while moving, reflects laser type projectiles)
A+any- involves using Z-Saber, some attacks change based on elements
Haven't put much thought into his a button set. Any ideas are welcome

omg you are such a genius. I closed my eyes and imagined those moves. i think they're perfect. wow

Ashura Fan

Smash Apprentice
I'm for this as well. I rather like to see Megaman X and Megaman Zero characters rather than the classic series (sorry, I'm not as big of a fan of it as I am the others.) But I do have a bit of an idea what Megaman's moves could be if he were used...

B - Mega-Buster (Naturally)

Up+B - Rush Coil or Tornado Hold (from Megaman 8)
- Rush Coil would be the natural chose, but I do believe Tornado Hold could be used to reach higher areas in MM8

Down+B (Ground) - Charge Kick (from Megaman V)
- Basically, a sliding kick covered with energy, gained after beating Charge Man

Down+B (Air) - Top Spin (from Megaman III?)
- I think it was called Top Spin... Anyways, its basically Mario/Luigi's Down+B... except it can only be used in the air (because that's the only time you could use it in the game.) From Top Man

Forward+B - Break Dash (from Megaman V GB...)
- Not sure if it was called Break Dash. It was a chargable dash move that could break through certain blocks in MMVGB. Gained from Pluto.

fluffy

Smash Champion
lol he should get hadoken from megaman x1
it was like...down + forward + Y
speaking of which, how about street fighter characters?

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Ashura Fan said:
I'm for this as well. I rather like to see Megaman X and Megaman Zero characters rather than the classic series (sorry, I'm not as big of a fan of it as I am the others.) But I do have a bit of an idea what Megaman's moves could be if he were used...

B - Mega-Buster (Naturally)

Up+B - Rush Coil or Tornado Hold (from Megaman 8)
- Rush Coil would be the natural chose, but I do believe Tornado Hold could be used to reach higher areas in MM8

Down+B (Ground) - Charge Kick (from Megaman V)
- Basically, a sliding kick covered with energy, gained after beating Charge Man

Down+B (Air) - Top Spin (from Megaman III?)
- I think it was called Top Spin... Anyways, its basically Mario/Luigi's Down+B... except it can only be used in the air (because that's the only time you could use it in the game.) From Top Man

Forward+B - Break Dash (from Megaman V GB...)
- Not sure if it was called Break Dash. It was a chargable dash move that could break through certain blocks in MMVGB. Gained from Pluto.
i think ronikes was better. sorry

Judo_Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
X and Zero if only two.
Maybe make bass and proto as alternate costumes for megaman.

And zero from the X seres not the MMZ series. Though I wouldnt argue if the put MMZ as alternate costume. Also the other megamans (classic, battle network, MMZ) could be alternate costumes for megaman aswell.

Rowe

Smash Cadet
Some of you may not like this, but I did a moveset for Rockman EXE. I think him and Zero from the Zero series are the best choices for diverse moves. I may replace the headbut with an uppercut like classic Rockman had in Marvel VS Capcom. This Rockman did slide in the GameCube game if anyone mentions it...and yeah...I know the large blast from a canon isn't that original for an orb super...I still think he should do the Saito.bat transformation if he gets the orb.

Ronike

Smash Ace
On the whole, I like it. But the Up+B being a minibomb wouldn't work well as I can't see megaman.exe being such a good jumper that he doesn't need a third jump. Perhaps area steal working like mewtwo's teleport? That's how it is portrayed in the show. Also, down+B could switch between reflect, guard, invis, and antidamage with random probablilty (guard 40%, Reflect 35%, Antidamage 20%, Invis 5%). Up+a could be the headbut while the smash could be the uppercut. Also for the super, he could transform to Hub.exe and use a random program advance or dark chip. Just ideas.
And Protoman could be an alternate costume for zero with different attack visuals.

Doctor Grudge

Smash Cadet
Original megaman with the other megamans as suits.

If they do decide to have a buttload of characters and add more then 1 Megaman character. I think Protoman or Bass should go over Zero.

Top Bottom