• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

LuigiFan

Smash Rookie
If mega was in the game his super smash attack thing would be like a huge barrage of all his different stolen powers attacking one after another.

Del Money

Smash Champion
it was a good game. i reccomend it
ok cool, im planning on hitting up ebay real soon. i wanted to buy all the megaman X series games too but heres a list of all the games ive bought i nthe last week (keep in mind, my summer internship is mad dull and i need stuff to keep me occupied til school/rugby season start up again):
- Zelda Collectors Edition (includes Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Ocarina, MAjora, and Wind Waker Demo)
- MEtroid Prime 1 (with Metroid Prime 2 bonus demo disc)
- Rayman 10th Anniversary Collection (include Rayman 2, 3, and Arena)
- Sonic CD
and i plan to also get FF9 and Megaman Legends

If mega was in the game his super smash attack thing would be like a huge barrage of all his different stolen powers attacking one after another.
hmm...i dont know enough about megaman to understand what youre talking aobut...someone please explain to eliminate my n00bishness

JesterBox

Smash Ace
For all you that think He would be a Samus clone, yes he will probably have a charge shot. Mewtwo has a charge shot and is nothing like Samus. What the hell are you talking about thats like saying both Fox and Snake have guns, so that means they are clones.

At most one move would be similiar he would obviously have his own moves.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
ok cool, im planning on hitting up ebay real soon. i wanted to buy all the megaman X series games too but heres a list of all the games ive bought i nthe last week (keep in mind, my summer internship is mad dull and i need stuff to keep me occupied til school/rugby season start up again):
- Zelda Collectors Edition (includes Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Ocarina, MAjora, and Wind Waker Demo)
- Sonic CD

hmm...i dont know enough about megaman to understand what youre talking aobut...someone please explain to eliminate my n00bishness
Megaman steals the attacks of his enemies (much like Kirby) but only after defeating them. For example, from Metal Man he gets the Metal Blades (personal fav); from Cut Man he gets the Rolling Cutters; from Needle Man he gets the Needle Cannon; etc.

I can see what Luigifan is saying, and personally, I don't think it's such a bad idea. Just have him shoot out all the attacks that weren't given to him in his moveset.

Del Money

Smash Champion
For all you that think He would be a Samus clone, yes he will probably have a charge shot. Mewtwo has a charge shot and is nothing like Samus. What the hell are you talking about thats like saying both Fox and Snake have guns, so that means they are clones.

At most one move would be similiar he would obviously have his own moves.
exactly, let that post serve as n00b repellent

and as for Megaman's attack-stealing ability i cant believe i forgot about that. i havent played a megaman game in forever. oh well....blue characters FTW

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
im not even gonna touch this one. you really wanna see a samus clone? go to the dark samus for brawl thread
*coguh* play the game!

Also, I recommend:

-the Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition: It contains the uber pwnageable (I made up a word I think, lol! XD) tLOZ, Zelda II (hard but darn good), Ocarina of Time (a game that owned the competition), and Majora's Mask (the wierdest cool game to date). Sure I've beaten them all, but this is tight!

-Megaman 15th Anniversary Collection: I remeber having Megaman 1, 2, and 4 on the NES (I think), but I never played any of the other classics. So naturally I got this, and having all 8 classic Megaman games plus the two Power Battles, this game rocks classic style! :)

At all you Megaman fans, "zomg, Megaman is totlally a rip off of Saums, he totllay sucks like a nobo!"

It's funny impersenating n00bs, and btw that was 109% sarcasm! And they spell it (or "splel it" as they say) that exact way!

:chuckle: :p :laugh: :)

And I'm sure after 40, probably actually 50 games Capcom and Nintendo couldn't make him orginal moves. Boy, since Ice Climbers had 1 game and a uber original moveset (most original IMO), Mewtwo appeared in one game, Fox only had 2 games at the time of SSB64 (maybe 3=Adventures), Samus only had 3 games at the time, Falcon only had 2 games at the time, and Ness only had 1 it is impossible to make a character who has probably appeared in 50 games to have a original moveset. Good logic stupid n00bs, lol! :laugh:

Del Money

Smash Champion
@JohnKnight1

- Sonic CD
so as you can see i already have Zelda Collectors Edition and yes it does uber pwn teh n00bs for shizzle

and plus i got Metroid-ucated yesterday about Dark Samus not being the Samus-equivalent of Dark Link. so basically there wont be any Samus clones ESPECIALLY NOT MEGAMAN. so all the n00bs who still believe so can wait for Stryks to arrive at this thread

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
(All that pwning you did)
...clap
...clap...clap...clap
..clap..clap..clap..clap
clap clap clap clap clap
clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap!
^^(web-ified slow clap)^^

Anyone who thinks that Megaman is going to be a Samus clone is a big dummy. (yes I said it)
Sure they both have arm cannons... but the buck stops there.
Megaman can't roll into a ball
Samus can't copy enemies abilities
Megaman can't screw attack
... there are more, I'm just lazy at the moment.

Del Money

Smash Champion
...clap
...clap...clap...clap
..clap..clap..clap..clap
clap clap clap clap clap
clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap!
^^(web-ified slow clap)^^

Anyone who thinks that Megaman is going to be a Samus clone is a big dummy. (yes I said it)
Sure they both have arm cannons... but the buck stops there.
Megaman can't roll into a ball
Samus can't copy enemies abilities
Megaman can't screw attack
... there are more, I'm just lazy at the moment.
glad he didnt pwn me. and just to add more unnecessary icing to the cake, anyone who thinks any Megaman games have Planet Zebes as a playable level is ********

Link'sLeftHand

Smash Rookie
If I could choose one third party character to put in Brawl It would have to be MegaMan. Imagine being able to cling to walls, air dash, slide, use classic enemy moves like CutMan or GutsMan....
I think he really does stand a chance to be a newcomer. It's been said that there will only be about two more third party characters besides Snake. One would be Sonic (i would be shocked if he was NOT in the game) and the next logical choice is MegaMan, not only did most of his original games appear on the NES he was generally associated with the consol.
MegaMan is not just a classic videogame character, he's one of the all time greatest and deserves his place as a Smash Bro.

Del Money

Smash Champion
If I could choose one third party character to put in Brawl It would have to be MegaMan. Imagine being able to cling to walls, air dash, slide, use classic enemy moves like CutMan or GutsMan....
I think he really does stand a chance to be a newcomer. It's been said that there will only be about two more third party characters besides Snake. One would be Sonic (i would be shocked if he was NOT in the game) and the next logical choice is MegaMan, not only did most of his original games appear on the NES he was generally associated with the consol.
MegaMan is not just a classic videogame character, he's one of the all time greatest and deserves his place as a Smash Bro.
100% the truth however clinging to walls would probably be removed. imagine being able to cling to walls in hyrule in melee...you might actually have to get to 999% before you die

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
100% the truth however clinging to walls would probably be removed. imagine being able to cling to walls in hyrule in melee...you might actually have to get to 999% before you die
haha, yeah X's wall jumping would have too many advantages in brawl, but its a nice thought
Del Money, you should buy the X or the classic megaman collections if your interested in the 2D platformers. They are both available on all 3 systems.

@Testament- I cant wait to see that match!!! I'll put all three on level 9 and watch the pwnage!!!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Megaman wouldn't be a clone to Samus, but he would share...similarities.
To make him unique, give him the copy ability, solves clone problem! Wait...Kirby has that....

I haven't played all the games, but I have played enough to get the general gist of him, and the cartoon...err...one of them. For one thing, he could have a charge blast for his B like Samus, but Down-B could cycle through a few of Megaman's special abilities that he steals from his enemies like Cutman and the like. (Don't really remember many of their names, but I'm sure if I pick any adjective and put it in front of "man" I'll get it right.)

I'm not fully supporting Megaman mind you, as I think he'd have certain similarities in moves to Samus, but I think I will go with him more than Sonic although I like Sonic more. I have read some of the move suggestions from long ago, and I think he can be a fairly unique character. I also believe he, like Sonic, is iconic enough to grab one of the very few third party spots in the roster of Smash Bros Brawl.

I'd much prefer him to most of the other third party suggestions.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i dont wanna hear anymore mention of Megaman being a Samus clone...its officially the dumbest thing ive seen written since "ESRB" was spelled wrong on that fake Sonic confirmed by 7/26 magazine artcle.

@Bluebomber22
yes, Megaman X series games are by far the only Megaman games i would ever consider playing (and i havent even played them before...X series i mean). the character design for those best i think is the best so far. the new NT warrior battle netwrok crap looks too gay. but yes i wanted to get the Megaman X games for Pc just im kinda a PC fanboy (most of my Sonic games are for PC) but at the same time, if i can get all in one for the Gamecbe, why the f*** not, eh?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
@Bluebomber22
yes, Megaman X series games are by far the only Megaman games i would ever consider playing (and i havent even played them before...X series i mean). the character design for those best i think is the best so far. the new NT warrior battle netwrok crap looks too gay. but yes i wanted to get the Megaman X games for Pc just im kinda a PC fanboy (most of my Sonic games are for PC) but at the same time, if i can get all in one for the Gamecbe, why the f*** not, eh?
NT warrior battle network is a gay rip off of pokemon. It was made specifically for liitle kids. If you like the pc, you can always get the mega man X roms. But that is illegal and I would never think of doing such a thing:)

Del Money

Smash Champion
NT warrior battle network is a gay rip off of pokemon. It was made specifically for liitle kids. If you like the pc, you can always get the mega man X roms. But that is illegal and I would never think of doing such a thing:)
HAHAHAAHAHAHAH you mostly likely read my mind. but theres are some megaman X games that were release for Pc windws. i think X, X4, and X8 defintely were. i kinda wanna play the classics again *misses the NES he sold on ebay with mario 1,2,3, duckhunt, megaman 4, and so much more*. but im glad youagree that the new megaman stuff is bull****. thought i was gonna be flamed for a sec. if megaman is in brawl, ill hate him forever if he has that newage chicken**** costume

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
HAHAHAAHAHAHAH you mostly likely read my mind. but theres are some megaman X games that were release for Pc windws. i think X, X4, and X8 defintely were. i kinda wanna play the classics again *misses the NES he sold on ebay with mario 1,2,3, duckhunt, megaman 4, and so much more*. but im glad youagree that the new megaman stuff is bull****. thought i was gonna be flamed for a sec. if megaman is in brawl, ill hate him forever if he has that newage chicken**** costume
I didn't realize so many were on the pc. but yeah if nt warrior or .exe megaman is in the game.....I .....I ....I don't know what I'll do. I think I'd go insane:mad:. I'd rather him not be in brawl at all (unless orinigal was a costume)

Del Money

Smash Champion
.exe megaman
*protectile vomits, narrowly missing computer screen* i like the X costume the best, but classic megaman is best for brawl for familiarity's sake (which is wwhy Sonic better not have those friggin green eyes/shoe buckles)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
*protectile vomits, narrowly missing computer screen* i like the X costume the best, but classic megaman is best for brawl for familiarity's sake (which is wwhy Sonic better not have those friggin green eyes/shoe buckles)
just looked it up, i didn't even realize sonic's look has changed lol. i hope they don't have a powered up costume for mm.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
They would be sick as hell, but classic mm is a lot smaller than X, it would look funny but i wouldn't mind. would be hard to tell X and classic apart though

Del Money

Smash Champion
They would be sick as hell, but classic mm is a lot smaller than X, it would look funny but i wouldn't mind. would be hard to tell X and classic apart though
hmm good point, i guess classic megaman 4 teh brawlzzz. oh and wtf Stryks isnt a megaman fans, why the hell you let him make your sig?

Del Money

Smash Champion
some should tell Sakurai that a baby dies every minute Sonic, Diddy, Megaman, and Ridley go without brawl confirmation

Del Money

Smash Champion
someone should tell Sakurai that a baby dies every minute Sonic, Diddy, Megaman, and Ridley go without brawl confirmation

EDIT: aw crap...it double posted. ok best make this a good post then....um if brawl is a big hit with a few 3rd video game icons in it, maybe there might be a more larger scale project in the future...most likely not a smash brothers project but idunno something abstract...i dunno one can dream i guess

*Del Money for the 2nd save today*

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
some should tell Sakurai that a baby dies every minute Sonic, Diddy, Megaman, and Ridley go without brawl confirmation
QFT, except for the baby dying part, maybe we can make it whales dying...:)

If they did a bigger project... as in like 100 video game characters lol. That would probably suck.
it would wind up like MUGEN

Master_Pig

Smash Cadet
I support Megaman for Brawl. If capcom gets a go in Brawl, Megaman would obviously be their rep. Megaman is their flagship series and probably has the most fans out of all their remarkable characters.

Since the returning characters are getting their updated makeovers, Megaman X would be the obvious choice, but hey, you never know.

I think Zero would have to be the best partner. If he does get in, I'd like to see his original version because it would go together with the Megaman X model and just feels like it fits better into Brawl than the MMZ one.

As for attacks, I'm sure most of his moveset would have to be made up since Megaman can't just have a sliding attack and some blaster moves for his moveset. A variety of physical moves would fill those up nicely, and even some other kind of special attacks for his "B Moves" and maybe his smash attacks as well.

The final smash would probably be a big blast or something like that, just like Samus's final smash. I'd like to see something creative done with it, but I can't really picture much done with his final smash.

Top Bottom