• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Double Post FTW!!! j/k

I posted this in my thread but its relavent here as well:
Before official news confirmed that the way for Samus to change into ZSS was by her Final Smash, I kind of figured that was how it would work from the E3 '06 video. Obviously, this changes Samus as a character from what were typically used to. The question is WHY? Couldn't they add zss as a seperate character or a transformation? Yes they most certainly could have but they did not. Realizing that it may be a stretch, but I think they changed Samus up for two reasons, 1) its a new game, and 2) the inclusion of Mega Man.

PS-This thread should NEVER be on Page 3!

Caael

Smash Lord
You fail, Blue Bomber. They didn't change Samus JUST for Megaman. OMG SAMUS CONFIRMED!!!!11oneone!!! MEGAMAN CONFIRMED 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111eleven

That's basically what you are saying. It's stupid, and has no logic. Sorry, but thats the way it is.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
thats not what im sayin, im saying its a possibility. READ MY POST. They changed her because it is a new game obviously, but the Mega man thing is a definate possibilty

Caael

Smash Lord
Well no, Zamus has her Zero Mission look, which came out 3 years ago, so it isn't a new game. And....no, sorry, I can't. I dont even have the energy to mock your stupidness for thinking Samus was changed because megaman might be in Brawl.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Caael, you are pretty quick to insult. You give no one else a chance to voice what they think, instead you shoot it the moment it is brought up. There is a reason these threads are called "discussions" not "Yes or No" or "Caael's opinions". All i'm asking is for you to let the discussion build a bit before you make your final opinion.

Back to the thread, Yes, they changed her because ZSS is in and it fits, but that doesn't mean it won't effect the other characters. There is already a speculation of sheik leaving, though unconfirmed. If characters do leave because of ZSS, then surely they can be introduced as well.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Wizzlecroff, you actually got my point of it simply being specualtion. I wasn't stating it as fact. Thats what these boards are foe, to discuss speculation for a game that hasn't come out yet, and not much is certain.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, whoa! Don't make me turn this car around!

Bluebomber does have no real point whatsoever, Caael, but one post of flaming should be enough to get the message through.

But what's the big deal anyway? We all know Megaman doesn't have a chance. He clashes too much with Newcomer: PULSEMAN. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulseman

Caael

Smash Lord
you're so dumb caael, i was talkin about brawl beign a new game....don't you have reading comprehension?
You didn't mention Brawl. You mentioned Samus, then a new game, so I assumed you meant a new Metroid. It's a safe assumption.

Caael, you are pretty quick to insult. You give no one else a chance to voice what they think, instead you shoot it the moment it is brought up. There is a reason these threads are called "discussions" not "Yes or No" or "Caael's opinions". All i'm asking is for you to let the discussion build a bit before you make your final opinion.

Back to the thread, Yes, they changed her because ZSS is in and it fits, but that doesn't mean it won't effect the other characters. There is already a speculation of sheik leaving, though unconfirmed. If characters do leave because of ZSS, then surely they can be introduced as well.
That bottom part makes sense. If a character leaves, then theres another slot. What you said is that slot belongs to megaman. You didnt mention other characters, that's why I insulted you.

Oh, btw, this thread doesn't have the word ' Discussion' in the title.

Edit: LOL at Pulseman

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
@prinnyflute-I'm gonna take that as a joke post prinnyflute, c'mon now, pulseman?? lol

@caael- i think you meant to post this in my thread

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
You didn't mention Brawl. You mentioned Samus, then a new game, so I assumed you meant a new Metroid. It's a safe assumption.

That bottom part makes sense. If a character leaves, then theres another slot. What you said is that slot belongs to megaman. You didnt mention other characters, that's why I insulted you.

Oh, btw, this thread doesn't have the word ' Discussion' in the title.

Edit: LOL at Pulseman
So are you saying that for a character to be added, a character has to be removed?

Caael

Smash Lord
So are you saying that for a character to be added, a character has to be removed?
No i'm not. Now you're contradicting BlueBomber. I'm saying that if a character is taken out, theres obviously a lot less work to be done, so another character could take that one's place. We all know that not every melee character is going to get back in, so their character slots are going to be filled in.

At no point did I say Wario is in, so ness isn't. Who's jumping to conclusions now?

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
It was a joke, as he's all definitions of impossible (Genesis and all...unless he appears suddenly on VC in Japan!) But he would effing rock. He had all these electric things and he...aww man, it was a cool game. Note that the way Sakurai interpreted Volt Tackle for Pikachu's FS is a helluvalot like Pulseman's signature move, and Pulseman WAS made by Gamefreak, creator of Pokemon. AND apparently Gamefreak keeps putting references to Pulseman in Pokemon.

...Anyway...

I still think that Megaman's chances are questionable if Capcom's thinking about putting another Capcom Universe fighter out on Wii, but I'd like to see him in the game. (I just hope he's really different from the way he appeared in MVC, if he shows up...)

Edit: Apparently, Pulseman HAS appeared on Japanese VC... And note, since Gamefreak made the game, and they work for Nintendo now, the character is probably actually somewhat legally in their jurisdiction... I...should I make a thread or something, what?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
At no point did I say Wario is in, so ness isn't. Who's jumping to conclusions now?
I wrote that so you could see how i felt when you responded to my thread...i was being sarcastic

It was a joke, as he's all definitions of impossible (Genesis and all...unless he appears suddenly on VC in Japan!) But he would effing rock. He had all these electric things and he...aww man, it was a cool game. Note that the way Sakurai interpreted Volt Tackle for Pikachu's FS is a helluvalot like Pulseman's signature move, and Pulseman WAS made by Gamefreak, creator of Pokemon. AND apparently Gamefreak keeps putting references to Pulseman in Pokemon.

...Anyway...

I still think that Megaman's chances are questionable if Capcom's thinking about putting another Capcom Universe fighter out on Wii, but I'd like to see him in the game. (I just hope he's really different from the way he appeared in MVC, if he shows up...)

Edit: Apparently, Pulseman HAS appeared on Japanese VC... And note, since Gamefreak made the game, and they work for Nintendo now, the character is probably actually somewhat legally in their jurisdiction... I...should I make a thread or something, what?
I dont think Capcom has anymore crossover fighters planned at this time. Especially since they dont have the rights to marvel characters anymore. But even if they did, MM is Capcom's cash cow, they'll put him in as many games as possible

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
...he's on VC. It said on the Wiki article.
Yeah, I finished editing my post at about the same time you posted that, actually. :D

bluebomber22 said:
I dont think Capcom has anymore crossover fighters planned at this time. Especially since they dont have the rights to marvel characters anymore. But even if they did, MM is Capcom's cash cow, they'll put him in as many games as possible
They've made more crossovers after MVC. There was Capcom and SNK, and then after that, Capcom made a fighter that was entirely Capcom universe characters. (Capcom Fighting Evolution, I think?)

It IS true that Capcom loves to "shuffle him about like a lady of the night." But then it's also true that they're greedy and might try to do whatever will net them the most profit upfront. I guess those two lines of thinking are kind of at odds.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Ah. I feel bad now. Sorry BB.
don't worry about it man, youre prolly just tired of all the noobs on these boards:laugh:

Yeah, I finished editing my post at about the same time you posted that, actually. :D

They've made more crossovers after MVC. There was Capcom and SNK, and then after that, Capcom made a fighter that was entirely Capcom universe characters. (Capcom Fighting Evolution, I think?)

It IS true that Capcom loves to "shuffle him about like a lady of the night." But then it's also true that they're greedy and might try to do whatever will net them the most profit upfront. I guess those two lines of thinking are kind of at odds.
now you have me scared prinny, i could see them gettin greedy. on the same note though Brawl would be good advertisement for MM and Capcom. but i guess it could also be seen as competition for some new capcom crossover

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
now you have me scared prinny, i could see them gettin greedy. on the same note though Brawl would be good advertisement for MM and Capcom. but i guess it could also be seen as competition for some new capcom crossover
Eep! Well...there's also the slight issue working against another Capcom compilation fighter in that the Wii's default controller kind of lacks the buttons to make it 'work,' so if they do put out another one, they may skip over Wii entirely.

But then, Sakurai's dealing with the same controls, and Capcom might want to keep their doors open in any case. (Avenues of potential profit tend to be a really big thing when it comes to controlling an IP, as far as I've noticed anyway.)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
^^^
as far as the controller issue...the VCC controller handles that perfectly
i have faith that Capcom would see the ultimate fact that any publicity is good publicity. Mega Man in brawl would add more interest in his character that would add more hype to his appearance in any future Capcom fighter crossovers

Stryks

Smash Hero
no he is a stupid third party character and he would just b a clone of samus(arm canon)
Yeah sakurai is gonna go all the trouble of:

Considering which 3rd party character to join
chooses megaman over other 3rd parties
tries to contact capcom
contacts capcom and makes apointment to talk about megaman joining
gets together with capcom executives
agree that megaman appears in brawl
sakurai investigates megamans abilities
chooses which megaman to use (obviously original)
makes stages, themes, hitboxes, attacks, etc.

JUST to become a samus clone...

also n00b:

Megaman cant morphball
Megaman doesnt lay bombs
Megaman doesnt have the screw atatck
Megaman doesnt have a zero suit form
Megaman cant perform some girl-only moves samus has...

U FAIL

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ Stryks, that was the best post ever! I'm LMFAO so hard, you have no idea! :chuckle: :laugh: :chuckle:

Ya, having over 100 abilities, over 40 games (over 25 on Nintendo console games ) that Megaman, or some alternationg of him appears in makes him unoriginal. O god, he really is a Samus clone, wat were we all thinking=??? [sarcasm]

Know who you are talking about before you post hate on them! ;)

@ bluebomber22
The Classic Controller (the controller for the Virtual console) is basically a SNES controller, with better grip, better button placement, two control sticks, and more buttons. It works near perfectly, no doubt! ;)

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Yea, the only thing is mega man could do some of the girl only stuff. Atleast being able to do the splits and stuff. He is a robot after all.

SonicMario

Smash Master
If the 3rd party rule still stands. We will see at least one of them or the only one is going to be BLUE. Either it be.... Oh am i getting ahead of myself? Sorry;)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
If the 3rd party rule still stands. We will see at least one of them or the only one is going to be BLUE. Either it be.... Oh am i getting ahead of myself? Sorry;)
@ SonicMario- Do you mean we are only getting Mega Man OR Sonic?? IMO we're getting both (also, what is written below is not addressed to you)

Wow, we havent had a n00b in here in a while. It was actually quite refreshing seeing himget crushed by Stryks, JK1, and Wizzlecroff lol.

Stryks

Smash Hero
True, crushing n00bs is no one of my fav. sports!!1!

FEAR BEFORE MY 5000+ posts, only 4000 left so I can scream: MY POSTS ARE OVER 9000!!!

SonicMario

Smash Master
@ SonicMario- Do you mean we are only getting Mega Man OR Sonic?? IMO we're getting both
Not exactly. I was saying we are either getting Sonic, Megaman, or both. Sorry if that sounds like i'm one-sided. I do support Megaman, it is just i don't play his games much. The only game i actually own of his is called Megaman 64.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Not exactly. I was saying we are either getting Sonic, Megaman, or both. Sorry if that sounds like i'm one-sided. I do support Megaman, it is just i don't play his games much. The only game i actually own of his is called Megaman 64.
i completely agree, Blue 3rd party characters FTW!!!

Also Mega Man 64 was a port of Mega Man Legends from the ps1. great game

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm so surprised by the people on this forum. How can you not have played Megaman?
If you were talking to me. I'm not saying i never played his 2D platformers. I in fact have rented or played them on ROM on a computer. I was just saying that Megaman 64 was the one i "officially" own.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Indeed he would be a clone of Samus but its Megaman. A Nintendo Legend, he deserves to be in this game.
I'll handle this one guys!

Yeah sakurai is gonna go all the trouble of:

Considering which 3rd party character to join
chooses megaman over other 3rd parties
tries to contact capcom
contacts capcom and makes apointment to talk about megaman joining
gets together with capcom executives
agree that megaman appears in brawl
sakurai investigates megamans abilities
chooses which megaman to use (obviously original)
makes stages, themes, hitboxes, attacks, etc.

JUST to become a samus clone...

also n00b:

Megaman cant morphball
Megaman doesnt lay bombs
Megaman doesnt have the screw atatck
Megaman doesnt have a zero suit form
Megaman cant perform some girl-only moves samus has...

U FAIL
at least you got one thing right, he does deserve to be in this game

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
There's no way they would make Megaman a Samus clone. Sure they're similar, but Megaman is so much more diverse in his attacks. He obtains about 8 in every game (MM1 through MM8 to my knowledge) so that's 64 attacks he can work with, not to mention possible attacks involving Beat and Rush.

Metal Blades (Metal Man's weapon; Megaman2) are a NECESSITY.

Del Money

Smash Champion
time of another one of Del Money long-*** posts
no he is a stupid third party character and he would just b a clone of samus(arm canon)
stupid? STUPID? someone get me the baby powder....
Don't you love ignorant people. :)
enough to have to ***** slap em
lol i agree, Sonic and/or Megaman. but if Sega fails then its Bomberman for the steal
If you were talking to me. I'm not saying i never played his 2D platformers. I in fact have rented or played them on ROM on a computer. I was just saying that Megaman 64 was the one i "officially" own.
was megaman 64 any good? i own played the NES classics but someone told me megaman 64 and megaman legends are the same game so ill probably just buy megaman legends for PC but if that not true, lemme know so i can mushroom-stamp his face next time i see him
Indeed he would be a clone of Samus but its Megaman.
im not even gonna touch this one. you really wanna see a samus clone? go to the dark samus for brawl thread

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think megaman would be a perfect fusion of samus, kirby, and link . and of course he would have some of his own original moves thrown in as well.

Top Bottom