• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Almaron

Smash Rookie
I have too many reasons to support my blue friend that not sticking around to see what's what would be an injustice. Mega Man 3 was my first video game ever, and I've been into all of the Mega Man games ever since.

I'll be there when the roster is revealed, you can count on that.

cwal37

Smash Rookie
I would say that MMZ Zero has priority over ZX for me, but it's a dead series so...

Anyway, I just beat the Misadventures of Tron Bonne, which officially makes me cooler than everyone here.
Oh man, I really wanted that game, must be kinda hard to find nowadays I assume.
How is it?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I have too many reasons to support my blue friend that not sticking around to see what's what would be an injustice. Mega Man 3 was my first video game ever, and I've been into all of the Mega Man games ever since.

I'll be there when the roster is revealed, you can count on that.
I plan on being there too, though I have college in a little over a week, so I may not be on as much. Who knows, someone with REAL info may show up in a couple of weeks. Sakurai DID say he would reveal the entire roster before the actual release of the game. IF we're lucky MM will be confirmed on the DOJO in a few days.

Cless

Smash Champion
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne is good. You do various things and take care of the Servbots.

I'm gonna wait until someone credible posts info about characters. Like the people who are actually in Japan and post on Smashboards.

Man, my sig is sexy.

Cless

Smash Champion
not as sexy as mine >_>

After seeing those epic brawl commercials, I absolutely need to see megaman in this game.
Yeah, DS-tan is pretty sexy. But mine is like multiplied by tenfold for hardcore Tales of fans, which I am in case you couldn't tell.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
I just thought I'd ask, when "Judgement Day" arrives, who's going to abondon board to hit the anti-spoiler shelters and who's going stay on the front-lines?

That is to say, when the game is released in Japan in 19 days, who's going to avoid the message boards and who's going to stick around to spoil themselves? I'm going to stick around, because I'm dying to know the full roster as soon as possible.

Edit: I ask this because when said day arrives, we'll know who to expect to be around. We need to know just how much of our force will be around to support MM to the bitter or sweet end.
I'll be here! Just how much though, I can't say. It's hard to be on when you are taking a full load of classes and working full time. Mega Man for Brawl!

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne is good. You do various things and take care of the Servbots.

I'm gonna wait until someone credible posts info about characters. Like the people who are actually in Japan and post on Smashboards.

Man, my sig is sexy.
Not as sexy as mine.

Personally, I'd have someone reveal the methods to unlock the characters. That way, I can know how to do it without having the surprise ruined for me.

Cless

Smash Champion
I care not about surprises about the roster. This is a fighting game. I don't want the details of the SSE though, but I probably can't avoid that either, so I'll take everything in stride.

Vyse is pretty sexy, but he's not a pimp as Cless in that particular picture. Vyse is pretty pimp in Skies of Arcadia though. Women just fall to his manly charm. If you had Aika. Fina, and or Belleza in that picture, then we'd be talking.

And could I become a Maverick please?

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Oh here is an idea how to unlock X and Zero (If they get in instead)

You must make it so you have a team of Samus and Ike. Once this is accomplished the area where you have them fighting will have a door which will be unlocked. Get both Samus and Ike in there and fight a shadow of X and Zero beat them to unlock them.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
The R.M.B. informant strikes again! Information courtesy of Repliroid20XX at Rockman Perfect Memories:

Once more, Protodude of the Rockman Synergy Commons brings us another collection of rumors from his various sources.

From Surfer Girl comes these rumours:
- Capcom has an 'epic' retooling of the Rockman series as a 'cinematic style' game, in order to bring back the series. The game is set for next-gen consoles. Surfer Girl hasn't heard much on this rumour lately, so she doesn't currently make much of it.
- Throughout 2008, Capcom have a bunch of announcements to make regarding Rockman's 20th Anniversary, of games and merchandise alike. Some of these announcements seem to be very important ones.
- Unfortunately, for all the Smash Bros. followers, Rockman won't debut in the latest Smash title: Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Some more of the older Rockman games are intended for remakes, with the possible titles unknown.

Protodude also received some other rumours from another (although anonymous) source:
- The upcoming "Megaman Zero Official Complete Works" is scheduled for a February release. A member of the RPM Forums, Protoman Blues, has already had confirmation from an Udon representative regarding this, so it may actually be true!
- Upcoming sourcebook "Rockman and Rockman X Complete Works" may unveil the unknown events between the two respective series.
- Capcom USA is planning a 20th Anniversary soundtrack to be released in Spring (Autumn in the southern hemisphere ).
- The futures of the ZX and Ryuusei no Rockman series are under speculation, with the next ZX title under discussion by Capcom, and a third installment of Ryuusei has started development (first info to be released May/June)
- Capcom is seeking a producer and a director, for an unknown title.
- The upcoming Wii Rockman will continue on from an series left incomplete.
Comments?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
These rumors are making me so uneasy. Still, if it's not coming from Sakurai/Dojo, then I refuse to believe it. Megaman WILL be on Brawl! He's......he's just gotta!

RDK

Smash Hero
Wait--there's yet ANOTHER interview / rumor saying that MM won't be in?

Linkage, plox.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
I have to say this, there acually is a 50/50 chance that he won't make it.

Advantages:

1.He's an iconic character.

2.He got a very high score on Sakurai's polls.

3.One of the Most anticipated characters.

Disadvantages:
1.Resembles Samus by a enough to be considered a clone.

2.They both have a power suit, a laser on the arm, and what would his FS be?

3.Sorta of a clone character.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
i meant for you guys to ignore the Megaman not in brawl part you know *sigh*

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Disadvantages:

sorry, but just because they have guns doesn't make them clones. Especially since MM has all these moves to choose from:

Mega Buster
Slide
Beat
Rolling Cutter
Super Arm
Ice Slasher
Hyper Bomb
Fire Storm
Thunder Beam
Metal Blade
Air Shooter
Bubble Lead
Quick Boomerang
Crash Bomb
Time Stopper
Atomic Fire
Leaf Shield
Needle Cannon
Magnet Missile
Gemini Laser
Hard Knuckle
Top Spin
Search Snake
Spark Shock
Shadow Blade
Flash Stopper
Rain Flush
Drill Bomb
Pharaoh Shot
Ring Boomerang
Dust Crusher
Dive Missile
Skull Barrier
Gravity Hold
Water Wave
Power Stone
Gyro Attack
Star Crash
Charge Kick
Napalm Bomb
Crystal Eye
Blizzard Attack
Centaur Flash
Flame Blast
Knight Crusher
Plant Barrier
Silver Tomahawk
Wind Storm
Yamato Spear
Freeze Cracker
Junk Shield
Danger Wrap
Thunder Bolt
Wild Coil
Slash Claw
Noise Crush
Scorch Wheel
Tornado Hold
Astro Crush
Copy Vision
Flame Sword
Thunder Claw
Homing Sniper
Ice Wave
Flash Bomb
Water Balloon
shoryken
hadoken
rush coil
rush drill
rush marine
rush suit
hyper megaman form
the rest of his moveset from MvC

Almaron

Smash Rookie

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

IMO:

Mega Man would not clone samus in any way shape or form. We've been over this multiple times, but I'll point out a few things that differ them.

1. Samus' cannon is non-variable, meaning that it never completely changes shape. Mega Man's buster cannon frequently changes between a hand, a sword hilt, a saw shooter thingy and... other stuff. This leaves room to change Mega Man's fighting style to a much more martial background, involving more fullbody usage.

2. Mega Man moves while charging his buster. Samus doesn't.

3. Mega Man does not: Screw Attack, Become a Morh Ball, Lay Bombs via Morph Ball, have a grapply lazer thingy, have a power suit.

4. Mega Man absorbs powers by defeating opponents.

5. As for his FS. Well... it could be: Rush Suit for a limited amount of time, Astro Crush from MM8, it could be Hyper Mega Man, it could be multiple things.

6. Mega Man's a dude. :p

7. Mega Man has such a wide array of abilities from his games over the years that finding a few special or even A-button moves to differ him from other characters would be downright ridiculous.

You should go back and look at some of the movelists and FS suggestions in the previous pages of this thread :D.

Edit: Dangit, Tirky, you beat me to it.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Seriously just because they have one slightly similar in appearance yet very different limb doesn't mean that characters will be a clone of each other. Jesus.

Stryks

Smash Hero

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

disadvantages 1 and 2 are the same, thus by ur standards, we have more in favor, but:
JUST because both have ONE thing in common, doesnt mean they would be clones, Ike, marth, Link, they all have ONE thing in common and thats the sword,yet theyre diferent...

wario is an anti-mario, theyre both fat plumbers, and have mustaches and a lot of stuff in common, yet theyre diferent...

snake and falcon, theyre both tough muscular guys, and would u look at that, theyre DIFERENT, zelda and peach? DIFERENT, Jiggly and kirby? DIFERENT...

Just because u think they would be clones, doesnt mean his chances have dropped to 50/50...

sakurai aint gonna:
Decide to pick megaman over the rest of possible 3rd parties
contact capcom
wait for a respond
schedule a meeting
they meet
talk about MM in brawl
decide the terms and megaman is in
sakurai picks of a possible stage
music
role in SSE
makes 3d model

JUST TO BECOME A CLONE
besides megaman CANT do most of the moves samus can, by ur logic dedede will turn out an ice climber clone...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Did no one actually read some of the other win that was in that post of mine? Guys, stop the megaman in brawl/samus clone debates; one of the influential three series (classic, x, or Legends) is getting a proper sequel on the Wii and the Maverick Hunter/Powered Up series might be continuing! Geez, its like I should have erased the Megaman not in Brawl part for you all, lol

Almaron

Smash Rookie
Did no one actually read some of the other win that was in that post of mine? Guys, stop the megaman in brawl/samus clone debates; one of the influential three series (classic, x, or Legends) is getting a proper sequel on the Wii and the Maverick Hunter/Powered Up series might be continuing! Geez, its like I should have erased the Megaman not in Brawl part for you all, lol
It's good news indeed, in terms of Mega Man's well being. Just remember that these are the Brawl Character discussion threads. So don't feel slighted if we ignore information not pertaining to Mega Man's inclusion and his possible moveset in Brawl.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Sooo many rumors/interview saying that Megaman won't be in...
yeah. it's getting quite bothersome really :urg:
Yeah, this is exactly the point I was making a couple of days ago in my "prophet" post. It seems almost EVERY rumor is against us. Didn't Sonic have some unconfirmed rumors in his favor? And just now one of our few "pro" rumors turned into an "anti" rumor. However....

thing is, she most likely got the same response as in that podcast, so there isn't much we can do with such info.
...you might be on to something here so I'm not buying it. She may have been one of the few swayed by the podcast.

Just think, not only will it be that much sweeter if MM is confirmed, but we'll be recognized as one of the groups (if not THE group) that faced so much negativity, never gave up in even the darkest and most brutal of times, and still prevailed. As good as the RMB's reputation is now, we may very well be legendary! :grin:

MEGAMAN FOR/IS BRAWL!!!!!!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I really want Megaman to be in...ANNOUNCE HIM ALREADY!!!
I don't think they'll announce him at this point. If he's in, it'd be a sweeter victory to mindgame us at first, then when we least expect it in Brawl

*que Robot Master Theme*

WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

:grin:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Rereading BK's earlier post, I see something about "Rockman Wii title will continue an incomplete series" so that's good news. It's most likely a Classic, X, or Legends. However, I remember hearing long ago that ZX was supposed to be a trilogy or something like that. Though it'll likely stay on handheld should a third be made.

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
I want Mega Man in this game more than any other character.

But with all these rumors and whatnot..

I think most of us are just in denial now.

Top Bottom