• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
He would be great but Classic has priority over all the others, and I like Classic the best anyway.

cwal37

Smash Rookie
I hear ya Cless (Tales of Phantasia is awesome btw) Megaman in Brawl would be good, even better if it's Trigger, although most people would be really confused by some of his moves then, and probably wonder if it was actually megaman ir not
Thinking about that though, almost makes me not want it to be Trigger, because if it was then it would get my hopes up all over again for Legends 3 finally, and it would be really depressing to get disappointed about that all over again. Whereas if it were almost any other megaman I feel confident that something of him will be released in some form in the future, Trigger seemingly being the only truly forgotten child.
Perhaps if megaman is in the game there will be some small nod to Trigger like a kick somewhere in his repertoire or a helmet-less version.

*goes back to replaying Legends*

Cless

Smash Champion
imo the order of priority should be

classic, X, trigger, Zero (X version), ZX crap, new zero, nothing
I would say that MMZ Zero has priority over ZX for me, but it's a dead series so...

Anyway, I just beat the Misadventures of Tron Bonne, which officially makes me cooler than everyone here.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
yea well...............alright, anyway im psyched to see how the 3d render on mega turns out. i remember how cool samus looked in the first smash bros because that was the best upgrade to her look because it was before any 3d metroid game so it will be interesante to see how mega looks, excluding the fact that trigger was completely 3d.

Cless

Smash Champion
Wow, internet is serious business.

yea well...............alright, anyway im psyched to see how the 3d render on mega turns out. i remember how cool samus looked in the first smash bros because that was the best upgrade to her look because it was before any 3d metroid game so it will be interesante to see how mega looks, excluding the fact that trigger was completely 3d.
He should look fine. Even if Trigger is 3d, he looks completely different and a he's a lot taller and older.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I would say that MMZ Zero has priority over ZX for me, but it's a dead series so...

Anyway, I just beat the Misadventures of Tron Bonne, which officially makes me cooler than everyone here.
yeah thats why i put mm zero after zx, cuz his series is dead.

I just thought of another interesting up+b for classic mega man: magnet beam. It would have to altered a little from how it worked in the mm games, but i think it is feasible. its definitely not likely, but feasible.

Its kind of hard to keep this move from being broken, but ill try. when you press up+B a magnet beam platform would appear directly under mm. Now its like he touched a regular platform and he gets his first 2 jumps back. The platform would stay for around 2 sec, and mm would not be able to make another one for about 2 sec after the platform disappears.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's very broken. And, aren't up B specials also offensive? Could the magnet beam attack other opponents? Maybe if you were on the ground he could shoot it like a weapon? It sounds very original though.

I've always wanted to try The Misadventures of Tron Bonne but never got around to getting it.

Edit: Changed "we're" to "were". How did I make that mistake? @_@

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Yeah sounds broken IMO, I could just do it over and over and Ill arrive at the stage... oretty original tough XD
Yeah, that's very broken. And, aren't up B specials also offensive? Could the magnet beam attack other opponents? Maybe if you we're on the ground he could shoot it like a weapon? It sounds very original though.

I've always wanted to try The Misadventures of Tron Bonne but never got around to getting it.
yeah it may be broken, but i was just bored. that would be funny if you could shoot it at people though, platform ti the face!:chuckle:

Cless

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, Magnet Beam would be super broken. It was broken in Mega Man. It'd definitely be broken here. Especially since you can't die off of the top of the screen under you're own power.

Cless

Smash Champion
Was Mega Man top tier in MvC? I know he wasn't in MvC2. The only Capcom character worth mention was Strider and that was only when coupled with Magneto or Dr. Doom or someone.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Was Mega Man top tier in MvC? I know he wasn't in MvC2. The only Capcom character worth mention was Strider and that was only when coupled with Magneto or Dr. Doom or someone.
Not quite. He did have an interesting "unblockable glitch" that you could do with the Beat Plane, and had the singular best keep-away game in the game, though.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
MvC (the original) was one of my fave fighters for a while...at least, until the likes of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Guilty Gear X and well...Smash Bros the first came out... ^_^

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
It was basically just a thing that...if you really knew what you were doing, there was NO WAY that any body should get close to you as Rockman, unless you wanted them to.

The most basic strategy that still was a good BnB for him was to, in a nutshell just spam the screen with Rock's various projectile attacks (Buster Shot, Tornado Hold, Rock Ball) to build up Meter and keep your opponent locked down, then go for the Beat Plane unblockable glitch to set up for a good damaging string that your opponent would not be able to do ANYTHING about.

It also helped that Rock's smaller size made for a smaller hitbox, which made it so that a number of basic combos for a number of the characters didn't work correctly.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I'd do something similar, but with just Charged Buster and Tornado Hold. I LOVE the Mega Ball, but in MvC I deem it almost useless. Also, instead of Beat Plane I'd follow up my combo with Magnetic Shockwave. Due to various reasons I never had a chance to use it on my human opponents, but I spam it regularly on lv 6 computer. When I get into MvC again, I'll start playing lv 8 computer.

Well only 3 weeks until "Judgement Day". Our battle will be over soon enough. :)

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
I'd do something similar, but with just Charged Buster and Tornado Hold. I LOVE the Mega Ball, but in MvC I deem it almost useless. Also, instead of Beat Plane I'd follow up my combo with Magnetic Shockwave.
...Sounds like some one's been playing PSX version.. :grin:

Slow-down, animation-loss and just plain NOT arcade-perfect as it was...it was still funny to see Rock bust out with Onslaught's attack in that version of the game.

Too bad it was only exclusive to that version of the game...

Cless

Smash Champion
I have the Dreamcast version which I do not like playing that much because MvC has six attack buttons and hitting R and L for anything is a pain in the ***.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
...which is why God said to man: "Thou must build arcade sticks for best control in 2D fighters!" :grin:

I'm serious; if Smash Bros. was the type of game that could be played on a stick, chances are, I would be playing it on a stick.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I just thought I'd ask, when "Judgement Day" arrives, who's going to abondon board to hit the anti-spoiler shelters and who's going stay on the front-lines?

That is to say, when the game is released in Japan in 19 days, who's going to avoid the message boards and who's going to stick around to spoil themselves? I'm going to stick around, because I'm dying to know the full roster as soon as possible.

Edit: I ask this because when said day arrives, we'll know who to expect to be around. We need to know just how much of our force will be around to support MM to the bitter or sweet end.

Top Bottom