• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Exactly my point! Nintendo is not going to put a Capcom character that NOBODY wants in, Megaman was the ONLY Capcom character voted for. I agree with the person who made the statement that Inafunes response may point more towards X's inclusion in Brawl, since that version of Megaman has never starred in a fighting game.

Classic Megaman was in Marvel Vs Capcom
Megaman.EXE was in Onimusha: Blade Warriors
MZ-style Zero was in Onimusha: Blade Warriors
Megaman Trigger (Legends) was in Namco Vs Capcom

(the Megaman ZX and Star Force people do not count, since they are not "really" a Megaman character per say, plus are not as popular as the other incarnations)

X has been in none, neither has X-style Zero, so Capcom may have decided to put in them just to say they are in a fighting game. Plus, they could give us a "Classic" Megaman stage just as a half-representation.

Also, Geno I would die for. To have both Geno and Megaman (X at this point) would just make me faint.
I don't agree with that reasoning for X. I doubt X would get the Brawl spot over Classic just because he has never been in a fighting game. Classic Megaman is the face of Megaman and the most deserving to rep the MM franchise (or even Capcom as a whole for that matter) and to be shafted by X just because he's never been in a fighting game is a bit ridiculous.

X's time may come for a fighter, but not for Brawl.

Edit: I worded my statement a bit better.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Exactly my point! Nintendo is not going to put a Capcom character that NOBODY wants in, Megaman was the ONLY Capcom character voted for. I agree with the person who made the statement that Inafunes response may point more towards X's inclusion in Brawl, since that version of Megaman has never starred in a fighting game.

Classic Megaman was in Marvel Vs Capcom
Megaman.EXE was in Onimusha: Blade Warriors
MZ-style Zero was in Onimusha: Blade Warriors
Megaman Trigger (Legends) was in Namco Vs Capcom

(the Megaman ZX and Star Force people do not count, since they are not "really" a Megaman character per say, plus are not as popular as the other incarnations)

X has been in none, neither has X-style Zero, so Capcom may have decided to put in them just to say they are in a fighting game. Plus, they could give us a "Classic" Megaman stage just as a half-representation.

Also, Geno I would die for. To have both Geno and Megaman (X at this point) would just make me faint.
nah, X is extremely unlikely.

If they were going for representing the most well-known, and most iconic, they would go with MM classic. (most likely)

However, if they wanted the most "recent" megaman, they would go with star force, or ZX.(unlikely)

X just falls in the middle. He is more iconic than the rest, but not nearly as iconic as classic. And he is somewhat recent, but not nearly as recent as SF or ZX.

so the only really logical choice would be classic.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
This is Klonoa --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klonoa

Not so sure how strong his chances are, but if Namco were to choose, it would be either him, Pac-man or a Tales character. I have heard a rumor about his VA (same with Krystal) VAing for a prominent Nintendo game.

Though Klonoa has been in NxC, so his fighting moves can be taken from there. Anyway, this is a bit off topic.

Joka. We don't give a ****. And your in the wrong thread anyway, this is the Mega man thread not ****ing Exe.
You must really hate EXE. Whatever. It's the same Megaman if you hadn't noticed.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
1. Its Mega Man not Megaman

2. They are not the same, .exe is a crappy kids version of Mega Man which sucks balls.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
1. Its Mega Man not Megaman

2. They are not the same, .exe is a crappy kids version of Mega Man which sucks balls.
1. WHO CARES

2. Yep, you hate EXE. Well, no one will care since this is for Megaman in general. That means EXE. (even if you hate him) and Starforce (even if I dislike the kid's emoness).

Cless

Smash Champion
.EXE and SF aren't real Mega Man games. By the way, it's Stafy, not Starfy. I don't know where people got that romanization. It doesn't even fit.

Cless

Smash Champion
Because I and the vast majority of classic Mega Man fans do not like BN and SF, and would be severely disappointed should Nintendo and Capcom choose him to represent the series because he really doesn't. Those games aren't even part of the timeline.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man .exe is the result of a ***gotry upgrade given to the original Mega Man by Dr. Light. That's how he is related to the main timeline.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Looks like some like Megaman EXE and others like the classics. No matter. Let's not ridicule people because of it...PLEASE!!!
:mad:

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I'm still gonna post here about EXE. whether you like it or not. Everyone is entitled to speak what they want. Especially about Megaman EXE when the title says "Megaman in SSBB". So I can talk about any Mega I want to.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Fact: Sakurai Loves retro characters, classic 1 - exe 0

fact: Who was celebrated on the 20th anniversay of megaman? classic, classic 2 - exe 0

fact: The classic series aint dead, but the exe series IS OFFICIALLY, thus they wont add a character from a dead series, especially when there are so many forms of the same character... classic 3 - exe 0

fact: classic is more iconic and was part of the NES era, classic 4 - exe 0...

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Not that it means much, but can you think of a moveset for a character that can simply shoot a buster?

Cless

Smash Champion
Can I say that you've never played ANY of the classic games? Because you haven't, and if you have, you aren't good enough to beat any of the robot masters. Where do you think they got all the ideas for the weapons and characters in .exe? Hmm, could it possibly be the previous games and bosses?

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Can I say that you've never played ANY of the classic games? Because you haven't, and if you have, you aren't good enough to beat any of the robot masters. Where do you think they got all the ideas for the weapons and characters in .exe? Hmm, could it possibly be the previous games and bosses?
Yeah, but EXE. had battlechips to his disposal. Classic Mega had to copy data.

Cless

Smash Champion
Not always, and just look at MvC. You can easily make a moveset for Mega Man without using his robot master powers, or you could just give him 3 to switch in and out (2 technically, Rock Ball wasn't a robot master power). Besides, how do you get battle chips? Beat enemies and buy them right?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not that it means much, but can you think of a moveset for a character that can simply shoot a buster?
Megaman full moveset:

A: Left jab [2-4%]
AA: right side kick [3-6%]
AAA: uppercut [5-8%]

tilts:
Forward tilt: Soccer-like kick [10-13%]
Up tilt: Mule kick [12-15%]
Down Tilt: same as mario's [10-12%]
back Tilt: same as mario's [10-12%]

Smash:
<> Smash: Fire sword [15-20%]
Up smash: Guts uppercut *In one of his games, when he fuses with rush, he gets a guts armor, but in this attack only his hand will transform into guts form* [15-18%]
down smash: same as samus's [16-18%]

running a:
Slide attack *from the game* [10-13%]

aerials:
A: Sex kick [12-14%]
AFA: Slash attack *slash from MM7* [11-15%]
ABA: backwards kcik [10-13%]
ADA: Crash bomb *fires a drill-like bomb downward, if somone is hit, he'll go straight down, works as a spike*[13-16%]
AUA: same as mario's [12-14%]

Grab:
Megaman hold oponent with both hands:
attack: Hits oponent with his knee directly to oponents stomach
Forward throw: throws him forward similair to mario [13-15%]
back throw: grabs oponent by his/her/its clothes or something and throws them backwards [13-15%]
Dwon throw: Like fox/falco's, only he shoots him with the buster [15-16%]
Upward throw: throws oponent upward and follows the attack with a random attack from his games, all doing the same effect and damage [14-17%]

B moves:
B: Mega buster; Can be charged while moving, if u press B multiple times, 3 bullet-like beams will fire, if u charge it fully, it fires a powerful beam attack, as powerful as samus's just a tad faster... bullets [3-5% per bullet] fully charged [23-26% *high knockback*]
<> B: move copy: megaman probelps himself forward and if he connects with an oponent, he jumps over them, hand on the forhead, and obserbs the oponents move, then kick the oponent afterward [11-13%]
or
Random projectile: like the name says, a random projectile attack from his series [damage depens on weapon]
Upb: Buster uppercut: Popels himself upward, the uppercut is similair to the one in MvC, but the jump is way higher, similair to marios in a way, but give one powerful hit instead of multiple weak hits; ON THE GROUND: does the uppercut but does a small-mid jump [19-24%] *high knockback*
downB: Shield: could be the leaf shield, or skull shield or whatever, point is its a shield, and can withstand 2-3 weak hits or one powerful hit, pressing down b again will propel the sield forward giving many hits, wil lalso give ultiple hits if someone attacks him with a melee attack [2-4% damaga per hit *about 3-5 hits*

Taunts
Taunt in game: Gives a thumbs up looking stright to the screen
victory taunt: U got *random weapon from one of the oponents*!! *u can c megaman firing the weapon*
Victory taunt2: takes off helmet, and does a pose
victory taunt3: rush comes and gives a hologram image where dr light appears and says: good job megaman!

kirby hat: kirby gets megamans helmet

well that was fast... cmon joka YOU MUST RECOVER!

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Not always, and just look at MvC. You can easily make a moveset for Mega Man without using his robot master powers, or you could just give him 3 to switch in and out (2 technically, Rock Ball wasn't a robot master power). Besides, how do you get battle chips? Beat enemies and buy them right?
Most you already have, but other than that, yeah you buy them. Well, I guess I see your point. Well, I just hope Megaman gets in. Period. Any form of him (thanks a lot Capcom for making like 6 different versions...)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ahh ok I get u know, I tough u meant as in I was missing the back tilt, I know the Forward/back tilts are the same, thats why I just repeated them...

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't have anything against you... assuming I get in you're comic later...

>.>
<.<

No, but seriously, I was confused. That's why I was stating that.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Pretty cool moveset, Stryks. But I was more of the opinion that Mega Man's copy move ability should be an actual ability from his games. Like copying Snake would yield the Search Snake, Samus would yield the Gemini Laser, etc. Otherwise he seems too Kirby-like.

Also, that might fix the Robot Master ability issue. :-)

Cless

Smash Champion
I dunno, he has to kill people to copy them. I think it'd bee easier to got he MvC route and just give him some that'd be useful and maybe incorporate some into his a set.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The only problem I could think of is how Mega Man would look like. Which game would it be from and how would they make it so that he would look a bit similar to the other characters in brawl?
The only logical choice would be the original, and most iconic, megaman.

To make him fit in, they could use his design from the manga, which is more detailed.

Teej

Smash Cadet
I'm still pulling for Vent, with X and ZX models alternating with down B to be honest. >__>

Cless

Smash Champion
Here are the only acceptable choices: Mega Man, X, Zero (either form), and Trigger.

They don't even have to use the design from the Mega Man manga. He looks fine the way he is in Mega Man 8. Just render it in 3d.

I only say Trigger because I have mad Legends fanboyism, and Zero because I and Inafune have mad Zero fanboyism. Realistically, only Mega Man and X would be acceptable.

Top Bottom