• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Cless

Smash Champion
Depends on which Cecil for me. I never liked him as a Paladin. Though insta-cover was useful, but that crappy white magic. They could have at least given him Life.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I find a bit strange is that part about Falcon's final smash. If Falcon is announced, and then the next day his final smash is reveales to be that, I think we could be looking at another Dragoon incident. Still there was a prophet yesterday I think who said that both Square and Capcom were in. To be honest, we'll only know when Japan has their release.

Cless

Smash Champion
I think prophets just say stuff trying to be funny/hoping they if they throw enough ****, something sticks, but the Dragoon thing is an exception. That could have something behind it since that was a really specific description. We'll just have to see.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
BS.

If this guy truly was in a beta, it would be closed, and he would have to sign a whole bunch of NDAs, so that he wouldn't leak things like this. To do so otherwise would mean that his *** would be grass.

Besides...really...picking a random loser from Prime Hunters, a game that was reviled even in America (and a no-name in Japan), over Ridley? I seriously doubt that.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I just read it.

LOL, if anyone DOES fall for this obviously fake trash, then I fear for the current state of humanity.

cecil would be awesome though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just read it.

LOL, if anyone DOES fall for this obviously fake trash, then I fear for the current state of humanity.

cecil would be awesome though.
Are you guys talking about the rumor with Knuckles and Cecil...?

Heh, yeah that's total fake...

Like the Geno part though

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I'm not saying that I believe it, I'm just noting how other than Blue Wave and Surfer Girl, not many rumors seem to be on our side. And I heard that Blue Wave admitted that he was a fake.

It's not over til it's over, but I'm preparing myself for the worst. Not even a month to go now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not saying that I believe it, I'm just noting how other than Blue Wave and Surfer Girl, not many rumors seem to be on our side. And I heard that Blue Wave admitted that he was a fake.

It's not over til it's over, but I'm preparing myself for the worst. Not even a month to go now.
NYA hasn't been proven fake, and Nya was the one who said no Megaman

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Nya said Tom Nook being a Samus clone is in though. I discredited Nya after I heard that even if she did predict Sonic 1st right.
that, and ness returning, and the fact that s/he didn't remember all of the characters, pretty much disproved nya all in itself.

Meh, well look on the bright side: the more we can rub it in the non-believer's faces if/when megaman is confirmed.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
What if like Snake, X and Zero get convos in their stage.

Example

X: So this Donkey Kong...he's not a maverick? Just a giant ape?
Alia: That's right. But make no mistake. Donkey Kong is quite strong and his giant punch attack will send you flying.
X: I see. Anything else I should know about Alia?
Alia: Yes. His headbutt attack can send you into the ground if you aren't careful.
X: Roger. Thanks Alia.

Zero: Hey. Check out the reploid wannabe X.
X: Actually....she's Samus Aran. A human bounty hunter.
Zero: What!? A human!? No way! You've got to be kidding!
X: She was raised by the Chozo as a little girl and was given a special suit in order to combat against Ridley and his leauge of space pirates.
Zero: Heh...things just got a little more interesting.

Zero: Woah this guy has a nice sword.
Layer: Yes...Ike's sword is so long...and shiny..and..OH! Sorry. Anyways Ike is a ranger who is capable of excellent swordsmanship. His Aether attack can send you flying.
Zero: Heh...bet is weapon can't change into a giant hammer or long staff.
Layer: Zero..be serious. He's still quite formidable. I don't want you getting hurt.
Zero: Sounds like your concerned about me Layer....
Layer: Wha!.....

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Nya said Tom Nook being a Samus clone is in though. I discredited Nya after I heard that even if she did predict Sonic 1st right.
Nya said that?

Well that's pretty outraguous. Now I can safely discredit Nya myself, but Jan. 24 is approaching and we'll soon realize who's wrong and who's right in this struggle.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You people worry too much, here are the facts:

1: Capcom IS involved with Brawl, the fact that they have a musician provves there is a Capcom character at least.
2: Megaman was the highest voted for Third Party franchise and was the ONLY Capcom character voted for. Not to mention he had some of the highest votes.
3: Megaman is WAAAAAY to high profile of a character too "fall through the cracks" as Inafune implied.
4: That Harrison guy from Nintendo stated when Sonic was revealed that, "Brawl is bringing the greatest fighters together from around the gaming industry."
5: Megaman is HUUUGE in Japan, Sonic is not so much. So Japan needs their own "Sonic."
6: Megaman has been a character voted for since Melee.
7: Inafune has been asked about Megaman in Brawl since mid-2006, so I do not believe he just sat there twiffling his fingers for 2 years waiting for a call. Especially as proactive as he sounded about it.
8: Inafunes statement, although compelling to believe it is an outright deconfirmation, is really a "neither confirm nor deny statement," he says, "HE has not been contacted,"
but than goes on to say, "There is still time, if Nintendo is listening give me a call," obviously stating he could still be in.
9: Inafune's statement has been under tons of scrutiny, and has yielded that it could, COULD, be a play on words or a lie. Or he really does not know, but someone else in Capcom spear headed his development in Brawl.
10: Sakurai is making a "fans game," the whole reason for polls is too put the most popular (as well as important) characters people want in, Megaman is 100% one of them, I do not believe Sakurai forgot about him.

Basically, it is still not easy to say whether he is in or not. One thing that makes me laugh is that people HONESTLY believe that because Megaman is not in that means, Sora, Bomberman, Pacman, Rayman, etc... Could get in. :D

Look if freaking MEGAMAN does not get in, there will not be anymore TPC's, (Geno does not count) considering that none of them were voted for other than Sora, and that other TPC characters were in front of him (including Megaman.) No one else is important enough, desired enough or even big enough to mean as much as if Megaman too get in.

Esentially, I believe Megaman is in, may not be Classic at this point but thats another debate, and that he may be the last third party character. (Geno does not count)
It really is him or no one, he has history, popularity, iconic status, fighting spirit, desire, fanbase, evidence and ultimately JAPAN on his side.

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
You people worry too much, here are the facts:

1: Capcom IS involved with Brawl, the fact that they have a musician provves there is a Capcom character at least.
2: Megaman was the highest voted for Third Party franchise and was the ONLY Capcom character voted for. Not to mention he had some of the highest votes.
3: Megaman is WAAAAAY to high profile of a character too "fall through the cracks" as Inafune implied.
4: That Harrison guy from Nintendo stated when Sonic was revealed that, "Brawl is bringing the greatest fighters together from around the gaming industry."
5: Megaman is HUUUGE in Japan, Sonic is not so much. So Japan needs their own "Sonic."
6: Megaman has been a character voted for since Melee.
7: Inafune has been asked about Megaman in Brawl since mid-2006, so I do not believe he just sat there twiffling his fingers for 2 years waiting for a call. Especially as proactive as he sounded about it.
8: Inafunes statement, although compelling to believe it is an outright deconfirmation, is really a "neither confirm nor deny statement," he says, "HE has not been contacted,"
but than goes on to say, "There is still time, if Nintendo is listening give me a call," obviously stating he could still be in.
9: Inafune's statement has been under tons of scrutiny, and has yielded that it could, COULD, be a play on words or a lie. Or he really does not know, but someone else in Capcom spear headed his development in Brawl.
10: Sakurai is making a "fans game," the whole reason for polls is too put the most popular (as well as important) characters people want in, Megaman is 100% one of them, I do not believe Sakurai forgot about him.

Basically, it is still not easy to say whether he is in or not. One thing that makes me laugh is that people HONESTLY believe that because Megaman is not in that means, Sora, Bomberman, Pacman, Rayman, etc... Could get in. :D

Look if freaking MEGAMAN does not get in, there will not be anymore TPC's, (Geno does not count) considering that none of them were voted for other than Sora, and that other TPC characters were in front of him (including Megaman.) No one else is important enough, desired enough or even big enough to mean as much as if Megaman too get in.

Esentially, I believe Megaman is in, may not be Classic at this point but thats another debate, and that he may be the last third party character. (Geno does not count)
It really is him or no one, he has history, popularity, iconic status, fighting spirit, desire, fanbase, evidence and ultimately JAPAN on his side.

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!
Ah, for a brief moment I forgot about the musicians. That proves Capcom has some involvement in Brawl which automatically kills Nin10dough's claims. Also, I read a post from Fatmanonice, about how the third party musicians are credited for working on series lesser known than the ones desired for Brawl. That coupled with Sakurai's "This is dangerous. It's a little risky" statement leads me to believe in MM's chances even more.

Also, there's no way Sakurai will give us Sonic without giving Japan it's s "Sonic".

MEGAMAN IS BRAWL!!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah, for a brief moment I forgot about the musicians. That proves Capcom has some involvement in Brawl which automatically kills Nin10dough's claims. Also, I read a post from Fatmanonice, about how the third party musicians are credited for working on series lesser known than the ones desired for Brawl. That coupled with Sakurai's "This is dangerous. It's a little risky" statement leads me to believe in MM's chances even more.

Also, there's no way Sakurai will give us Sonic without giving Japan it's s "Sonic".

MEGAMAN IS BRAWL!!!!!
Bomberman's musician is involved in Brawl too thought...

BUT he does also work on Mario Party...

He did reveal he submitted 2 Songs from the N64 era for Brawl...

Cless

Smash Champion
I hope that Tron Bonne would be an AT. She seems to be one of the more popular Mega Man universe characters what with her being in MvC2 and NxC.

Actually, a Mario Party stage would be pretty epic and piss off Waluigi and Daisy fans even more. Win/win in my book.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Great work except your first point doesn't count, there are musicians from lots of diferent companies working on the game.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am not talking about the GAMES they worked on, I am talking about the COMPANY that owns them. So far there is Knami, Sega (who before Sonic was revealed pointed to Sega's involvement,) Capcom and Square.

Case and point, both the first two have characters, the last most likely do as well. :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Exactly my point! Nintendo is not going to put a Capcom character that NOBODY wants in, Megaman was the ONLY Capcom character voted for. I agree with the person who made the statement that Inafunes response may point more towards X's inclusion in Brawl, since that version of Megaman has never starred in a fighting game.

Classic Megaman was in Marvel Vs Capcom
Megaman.EXE was in Onimusha: Blade Warriors
MZ-style Zero was in Onimusha: Blade Warriors
Megaman Trigger (Legends) was in Namco Vs Capcom

(the Megaman ZX and Star Force people do not count, since they are not "really" a Megaman character per say, plus are not as popular as the other incarnations)

X has been in none, neither has X-style Zero, so Capcom may have decided to put in them just to say they are in a fighting game. Plus, they could give us a "Classic" Megaman stage just as a half-representation.

Also, Geno I would die for. To have both Geno and Megaman (X at this point) would just make me faint.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Let me just throw this out there, all the "Sony" people were brought on board by Kojima, because he works with Sony on the MGS series. He could pull some strings, so they were able to be added.

Cless

Smash Champion
Pull strings with what? He works for Konami, not Sony. Stop reaching. Companies don't own composers. They may be under contract to do games, but they can do whatever they want as long as they fulfill their contracts.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pull strings with what? He works for Konami, not Sony. Stop reaching. Companies don't own composers. They may be under contract to do games, but they can do whatever they want as long as they fulfill their contracts.
All I was doing was giving an example on why Sony musicians might be in Brawl? :\

Anyways, I still believe Megaman is in, and there is evidence Capcoms is involved with Brawl and too include someone other than Megaman just does not make sense, I am just beggining to wonder if it might be X? ?_?

I am also rooting for Geno!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ummm I hate too sound ignorant but who is Klonoa? Also Megaman.EXE already had a fighting game, he sure as **** does not need to be in another one, but if that is the only way we could get Megaman in Brawl...

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Joka. We don't give a ****. And your in the wrong thread anyway, this is the Mega man thread not ****ing Exe.

Cless

Smash Champion
Klonoa is a character from Namco. He primarily uses a wind ring to fight his enemies and solve puzzles. I dunno how his chances are though. He hasn't had a game since 2003 (and I don't know how well it did), and his last appearance was 2 years ago. Also, Joka is extremely biased towards Klonoa judging by his name.

Top Bottom