• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

*facepalm*

I don't really care about belief, it's the simple fact that pretty much everyone who believed MM to be in Brawl refuses to believe that this could be true and tries to come up with unlikely reasons to discredit it.

I don't have a problem with discussing how he'd work or still believing that he's in, but the fact of the matter is that the MM fans are trying to discredit the father of MM any way they can, showing they care too much about the created and not enough about the creator.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
okay then, believe every word in the podcast then. just stop posting about it here, its been done to death.

as for rush coil for mm's up b, i would rather rush jet. r coil would be too close to sonics spring.

and wouldnt it be cool if when you did the rush jet in water like on delphino plaza, it was the rush marine! i think itd be a cool easter egg. of course it would still have the same effect as rush jet
I feel the same way(as I stated in my post above) but I could do without the rush marine thing, it would be cool and all, but it just seems realy unesicary.

on the point of tornado hold, yes I think it could do that, since the spring sonic uses appears in the air out of nowhereit doenst seem like it would be that out of place but you are right, it at the same time betrays its original use. also here are plenty of moves such as the rush jet that could be used instead, so its not like its that likly we will see that move used. ( actualy doubt we will see that move in the game at all.(if classic is the version that makes it in)

speaking of which, I think inufane might be lieing, but at the same time it realy leaves me with an uneasy feeling. so I cant say megaman is as 100% in as I thought.

something popped up in my head, now what if(here me out here just a thought) what if sakurai/nintendo approached capcom/inuane about X/zero/X+zero/whatever other character in the megaman series besides classic himself? cause then technicaly, if it was trigger or X he approached then he wouldnt be lieing nessicarily, just taking advantage of the wording. since X's full name is megaman X, he could take advantage of it. same goes for trigger. as for zero, well, he is just obvious realy.

any thoughts on this, any?

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
*facepalm*

I don't really care about belief, it's the simple fact that pretty much everyone who believed MM to be in Brawl refuses to believe that this could be true and tries to come up with unlikely reasons to discredit it.

I don't have a problem with discussing how he'd work or still believing that he's in, but the fact of the matter is that the MM fans are trying to discredit the father of MM any way they can, showing they care too much about the created and not enough about the creator.
*facepalm*

This is seriously the last time I'm going to repeat myself...

1. Mega Man is not deconfirmed. Mega Man fans are not in denial because there's nothing to deny. Sakurai didn't provide any update to infer Mega Man's absence from the roster. If Sakurai hasn't deconfirmed him then he's not deconfirmed...BY DEFINTION! That's common sense.

2. No one's discrediting anybody. The fact still remains that no one can determine whether Inafune was telling the truth or purposely misleading the fans. Either way, it's Sakurai who confirms the characters anyway, so the podcast is irrelevant.

3. No more podcast discussion. Nothing is "debunked". Nothing is "deconfirmed". People need to stop jumping to dumb, baseless assumptions.

That is all.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah rush marine would be completey uneccesary, but it would be SOOO freakin sick if he had rush jet for up+b in the air and then rush marine for up+b in the water....:)

@del--errr dolla, dont waste your time, im done arguing with these people. if they wanna take his word for it then they can. they'll see in the end

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
*cough**cough*newfirstpost*cough**cough*

can we please drop the pod cast? I mean we know that nothing anyone says besides sakurai himself deconfirmes a character, there are many possibilities beides his deconfirmation that could be the case. so please drop the subject.

ya it would be cool, but rush would have to change from jet to marine when he gets out of the water plsu you wont get a real good view of the marine anyway.

any thoughts on my post above?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Which MM game does Rush debut in again? It'll make it that much sweeter when I finally play it...
I think it was classic 4. he debuted along with the ability t charge your mega buster.

EDIT: my bad he debuted in classic 3(did the slide ability come in here as well?), then the mega buster came in classic 4

I know people didn't like it back in the day, but I prefer the Rush suits. Especially the Jetpack.
I still dont prefere those personaly. however I would be fine with one of them as a FS.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
well, you do bring up an interesting point about rush marine changing when he come out of the water. i guess they could make it so rush marine could fly but that wouldnt make any sense.

and i agree, i dont think tornado hold would make a good up+b. i really think the only options for classic are rush jet, rush coil, an shoryuken. and thunder claw would work perfectly for tether recovery

For X i could see the shoryuken or the boost in the air ( i think you get it in X3).

EDIT:@dolla: mm3 i believe

@aura- i LOVE those add-ons! i always thought the jetpack should be either his second jump or FS

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
well, you do bring up an interesting point about rush marine changing when he come out of the water. i guess they could make it so rush marine could fly but that wouldnt make any sense.

and i agree, i dont think tornado hold would make a good up+b. i really think the only options for classic are rush jet, rush coil, an shoryuken. and thunder claw would work perfectly for tether recovery

For X i could see the shoryuken or the boost in the air ( i think you get it in X3).
ya, the boost in the air does come in X three(the upwards version anyways) but its only with the falcon armor. however, this means if X was the one in then that could be a 4th jump, or rather a third jump making his normal ^B a fourth jump. and if it was the gold armor a fifth jump. the shoryuken could be his ^B along with all of this, making his transition upwards a snap.(with his FS of falcon armor he could jump up almost as many times as kirby!).

I want to avoid the thunder claw as a recovery(unless its like a forward B move or something which would actualy work out). cause as it stands alot of characters seem to have those now.(lucas, link, samus).

1. Um, let's see. Inafune has been "discredited" by "Mega Man fans" (it seems that they're more Smash fans than Mega Fans) because he's not the only person involved with Mega Man. In the same breath, people say that unless Sakurai deconfirms something, it's not deconfirmed, basically stating that he's the only person with such knowledge.

2. I've never called MM deconfirmed. Mega Man supporters have, however, said his chances are completely the same as before the podcast.

3. Why would we assume that a well-off, intelligent man would lie instead of twist words? Developers use wordplay constantly, but Inafune wouldn't this time? Really, if you respect Mega Man, you should assume Inafune didn't do something as "lame" as lie instead of do something more intelligent.

Cless

Smash Champion
I never met the man. I don't know how he acts, but it's like I said, either the podcast deconfirms Mega Man, or it doesn't. That's basically what it comes down to and to argue further is pointless.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
The Shoryuken was in X2. Up dash in the air is from X3 with the feet armor.
ya.
1. Um, let's see. Inafune has been "discredited" by "Mega Man fans" (it seems that they're more Smash fans than Mega Fans) because he's not the only person involved with Mega Man. In the same breath, people say that unless Sakurai deconfirms something, it's not deconfirmed, basically stating that he's the only person with such knowledge.

2. I've never called MM deconfirmed. Mega Man supporters have, however, said his chances are completely the same as before the podcast.

3. Why would we assume that a well-off, intelligent man would lie instead of twist words? Developers use wordplay constantly, but Inafune wouldn't this time? Really, if you respect Mega Man, you should assume Inafune didn't do something as "lame" as lie instead of do something more intelligent.
has no-one read my first post on this page?(last paragraph).

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, I dunno. There's tons of possibilities, but it's pointless to argue. He would be using a wordplay if it's the situation you described.

Smash Apprentice
In the same breath, people say that unless Sakurai deconfirms something, it's not deconfirmed, basically stating that he's the only person with such knowledge.
...not being implied
Mega Man supporters have, however, said his chances are completely the same as before the podcast.
lack of deconfirmation generally implies that
Why would we assume that a well-off, intelligent man would lie instead of twist words?
suspense...anticipation...surprise

I'm not going into further detail with my responses. I already said I was done discussing this...

That would be wordplay, yes.

I didn't read it because it seemed to only be discussing movesets.

However, I would think that Nintendo/Sakurai would approach Capcom for more than just X/Zero/etc. I can't see Mega Man not even making it as a sticker if X or Zero made it.

Cless

Smash Champion
If they did end up using X and Zero, I'm sure a lot of the other characters and enemies would be stickers, and some of the more major characters from other series would be trophies. How much effort could it possibly take to make a sticker.

...not being implied
lack of deconfirmation generally implies that
suspense...anticipation...surprise

I'm not going into further detail with my responses. I already said I was done discussing this...
1. Um, okay? So when people say that Sakurai is the only one who can deconfirm a character, they're not implying that only he has knowledge of Brawl?

Anyone who knows the roster, and anyone includes many people, can deconfirm it. Anyone who knows about the status of any one character would be able to confirm or deconfirm the character.

2. No, it doesn't. Tingle appeared as a trophy, this is not deconfirmation but many believe that his chances are lowered. It's not so black & white. There's a good reason why people do assessments for characters - people don't say "100% or 0%", they do >90%, >80%, >50%, etc.

3. He could have used wordplay. He would have had the same effect and sounded more intelligent.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
That would be wordplay, yes.

I didn't read it because it seemed to only be discussing movesets.

However, I would think that Nintendo/Sakurai would approach Capcom for more than just X/Zero/etc. I can't see Mega Man not even making it as a sticker if X or Zero made it.
thats why I said "if nintendo approached capcom for someone other than classic.". cause basicaly all other forms of megaman have a different full name,(except maybe star force megaman, but I never played that series so I wouldnt relay knowwhat his name is) but all the other possible froms that arnt classic(X, trigger, any form of zero) have a different full name so it still works. they could approach for (insert megaman character here) and the rest of the characters who come in as stickers or assist trophies or trophies(normal) would probably come in easy.(at least from the same series).

from the looks of things(the way classic megaman has been ignored by nintendo) I can actualy see megaman classic not making it in(dont hurt me!). megaman classic had a plethora of games in his time.(A whole lot of them) and maybe nintendo just thinks they should pull from a less tapped out series.(no offence to classic). I know classic is the most likely form(unless this podcast and my theory are correct) but I always am sure to look at things from both sides. and from the other side this doesnt look good for the classic form in any way.

EDIT: I think I took your post the wrong way, if what he said is the same as my theory then ya, it doesnt look good for classics general inclusion.

Cless

Smash Champion
Eh whatever. I always liked Zero more than Mega Man anyway.

Also, why does Tingle appearing as a trophy lower his chances? It just proves that he's in the game in some fashion. Also, you can't assign a percentage chance to a character's inclusion.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
here's my ultimate mega man for ssbb list (assuming we only get 1 in each catgeory):

Mega Man-PC
Dr. Wily- SSE boss
X in ride armor- AT
Robot Museum-Stage
Wily Stage 1 (MM2)- Music
Other characters - Stickers and Trophies

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Eh whatever. I always liked Zero more than Mega Man anyway.

Also, why does Tingle appearing as a trophy lower his chances? It just proves that he's in the game in some fashion. Also, you can't assign a percentage chance to a character's inclusion.
in melee when you beat adventure mode you got a trophy of that character you used. it was the only way to get said trophy. in brawl it seems they continued this pattern, so if you get a trophy of tingle that means you weont get a trophy of him in adventure mode, leading to deconfirmation.

besides, its not like tingle would have become playable in this game anyway, he just isnt even close to the ranks of characters such as mario, sonic, samus, kirby or megaman (X, classic, and trigger).

bluebomber22 check out what we have said in these last two pages, it might interest you.(it kinda looks like it blew right over you.)

my ultimate brawl settings:
PC: X and zero team up
AT: vile with golaith ride armor
stage: highway with bee copters attacking it
music: highway as main with alternate themes of sigma battle, maverick battle(any, most wanted X5), and zero theme.
trophies: important characters from other series
stichers:other(mettatuar are a must)

Cless

Smash Champion
in melee when you beat adventure mode you got a trophy of that character you used. it was the only way to get said trophy. in brawl it seems they continued this pattern, so if you get a trophy of tingle that means you weont get a trophy of him in adventure mode, leading to deconfirmation.

besides, its not like tingle would have become playable in this game anyway, he just isnt even close to the ranks of characters such as mario, sonic, samus, kirby or megaman (X, classic, and trigger).

bluebomber22 check out what we have said in these last two pages, it might interest you.(it kinda looks like it blew right over you.)
Oh, I'm not arguing for his inclusion. I hate Tingle. Where's his trophy anyway? Does it show where you get it?

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't see how it means something then. The trophies you got for beating Classic mode were generic this is the character trophies. Adventure and All-star were the in-depth move trophies. He could still be playable then.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
@error
Honestly, I think X is the most screwed over. Classic has easily contributed to more sales than X series. If Mega Man gets in I think it'll either be classic...or the newer Mega Man we all know and HATE
how is he more screwed by the podcast!? obviously you havnt been reading.
@error- what did you guys say? all i saw was podcast stuff
basicaly a theory stateing that what inufane was indeed useing wordplay. as you know X and triggers full names are megaman X and megaman trigger. the question was about megaman's inclusion in brawl. inufane said "nintendo hasnt approached us about megaman's inlcusion in brawl." note he said megaman and not megaman X or megaman trigger. so he may be taking advantige of this because nintendo may have approached them for another form or zero. since they arnt "megaman" but rather megaman X or megaman trigger or zero or whatever, then he isnt lieing.
Oh, I'm not arguing for his inclusion. I hate Tingle. Where's his trophy anyway? Does it show where you get it?
no, it doesnt show you were you get it but the fact that we saw the trophy before the would-have-been-character. this shows that he isnt something contraversial to the game there for he isnt a character.(at least in theory but I dont think there is a chance at all he is in)

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
thats why I said "if nintendo approached capcom for someone other than classic.". cause basicaly all other forms of megaman have a different full name,(except maybe star force megaman, but I never played that series so I wouldnt relay knowwhat his name is) but all the other possible froms that arnt classic(X, trigger, any form of zero) have a different full name so it still works. they could approach for (insert megaman character here) and the rest of the characters who come in as stickers or assist trophies or trophies(normal) would probably come in easy.(at least from the same series).

from the looks of things(the way classic megaman has been ignored by nintendo) I can actualy see megaman classic not making it in(dont hurt me!). megaman classic had a plethora of games in his time.(A whole lot of them) and maybe nintendo just thinks they should pull from a less tapped out series.(no offence to classic). I know classic is the most likely form(unless this podcast and my theory are correct) but I always am sure to look at things from both sides. and from the other side this doesnt look good for the classic form in any way.

EDIT: I think I took your post the wrong way, if what he said is the same as my theory then ya, it doesnt look good for classics general inclusion.
Star Force Megaman was some kid named Geo that can fuse with something called Omega-Xis A.K.A Mega. Then they would fuse to make Megaman.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
no, it doesnt show you were you get it but the fact that we saw the trophy before the would-have-been-character shows that he isnt something contraversial to the game there for he isnt a character.(at least in theory but I dont think there is a chance at all he is in)
Mindgames. He could have easily posted that to throw us off.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Star Force Megaman was some kid named Geo that can fuse with something called Omega-Xis A.K.A Mega. Then they would fuse to make Megaman.
then I have no clue which catagory he falls under in the theory.
Mindgames. He could have easily posted that to throw us off.
I forgot the mindgames(how could I forget those?!) but if tingle was to make it playable, he would be my permantent punching bag. but this is disscusion for another page so lets let tingle drop back into his hole.
EDiT: if trigger does fall under that name either way he isnt called"megaman" as only classic realy is (and possibly star force guy) so he is still safe from my theory(if it is true)

Smash Apprentice
how is he more screwed by the podcast!? obviously you havnt been reading.
I didn't say anything about the podcast...I meant in general. Didn't you just say you have doubt of classic's inclusion and that possibly another Mega Man version by a different codename ("Trigger", "X", etc.) may end up included instead?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I didn't say anything about the podcast...I meant in general. Didn't you just say you have doubt of classic's inclusion and that possibly another Mega Man version by a different codename ("Trigger", "X", etc.) may end up included instead?
look at my post above, it explains why. I know classic has the best chances out of all of them if this podcast doesnt fall under my theory. however, if my theory is wrong it still doesnt look good for classic period. unless inufane is flat out lieing to us(which i doubt he would) then classic is in a lose lose situation.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
basicaly a theory stateing that what inufane was indeed useing wordplay. as you know X and triggers full names are megaman X and megaman trigger. the question was about megaman's inclusion in brawl. inufane said "nintendo hasnt approached us about megaman's inlcusion in brawl." note he said megaman and not megaman X or megaman trigger. so he may be taking advantige of this because nintendo may have approached them for another form or zero. since they arnt "megaman" but rather megaman X or megaman trigger or zero or whatever, then he isnt lieing.
well IF he was using wordplay like that, i would be more inclined to believe one of three things.

1)that he was telling the truth and he wasnt contacted by nintendo because HE contacted nintendo for mega man in brawl.

2) that nintendo didnt contact him, but sakurai did

3)that nintendo didnt contact him, they contacted someone else at Capcom for mega man's inclusion

these could be considered improbable, but i think they are all possibilties if he was strecthing the truth

but really, im done with the podcast. period.

Here's my ultimate list if X was a pc:

X-PC
Sigma-SSE Boss
Vile or Zero-AT
Highway-Stage
Storm Eagle-Music

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Wow, thanks for telling us who you really are, we now understand.:lick:
umm...flaming like that realy isnt nessicary(depending on weather DBNLN is a boy or girl or what his/her atractions are sorry akward position here)
well IF he was using wordplay like that, i would be more inclined to believe one of three things.

1)that he was telling the truth and he wasnt contacted by nintendo because HE contacted nintendo for mega man in brawl.

2) that nintendo didnt contact him, but sakurai did

3)that nintendo didnt contact him, they contacted someone else at Capcom for mega man's inclusion

these could be considered improbable, but i think they are all possibilties if he was strecthing the truth

but really, im done with the podcast. period.

Here's my ultimate list if X was a pc:

X-PC
Sigma-SSE Boss
Vile or Zero-AT
Highway-Stage
Storm Eagle-Music
so basicaly all we have proven is is that inufane has definalty used word play and its all good. ok podcast disscussion over.

Top Bottom